• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ether_Snake said:
[Ryan] was totally ripping MGS2 to shreds

Ether Snake is referring to this?

Ryan Payton said:
I walked into EB to buy Metal Gear Solid 2, thinking it would be a 10/10. I returned with the used copy in my hands knowing it was an 8/10.

That is ripping a game to shreds? Really? Hell, Ryan admits on the LE MGS4 edition that he was disappointed with MGS2, so that post shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Saying a game is 8/10 is not "ripping it to shreds."

Ether Snake just gives MGS fans a bad name.

Darkpen

Banned
Vagrant said:
Reading into things too much, IMO. The Time Paradox thing probably didn't have anything to do with MGS4. Honestly if you follow that logic you could make a case the MGS1 we played was a VR mission if you go by some of the jokes made in MGS2.

The alternate ending Kojima wanted ended with Snake and Otacon going to jail, and the entire team thought it was depressing. "The skin and bones" for a certain group probably referred to the modeling of the BB unit based on real people. The whole "blame Ryan Payton first" crowd is pathetic. If they didn't like MGS4 they should blame Kojima.
But in a way, it was. MGS1 was a VR mission for Raiden (and if we follow the path of thought of who Raiden presented: YOU played MGS1, YOU are Raiden). As were the additional missions released in Integral/VR Missions. He even goes on to mention several of them.

Personally, I don't really blame Ryan on anything outside of what I do know that he was involved in, which is the translation and copy-editing 4 (ninjas, "reserch" and development), but I can see how someone might be paranoid of the idea of have people other than Kojima influence the story in any way. But regardless, Kojima more or less let his team influence the game, and that's something we have to accept.

Clearly, its something that Ether Snake is unwilling to do.

Darkpen said:
He's one of our best MGS posters, and he's banned? Jeez.

Sorry, but his post is one of the most ridiclious things I've read on the net for a while. Nothing more than a laughable conspiracy from a hurted fanboy. Won't miss him.

"Ryan Payton is eeevil and hates MGS, that's why he fucked up MGS4!!!" :lol

Darkpen

Banned
ScissorHands said:
Where exactly in act 2 is Rock Me Baby? Please be specific.
The guide says: Confinement facility, "On the "island" at the center of the water in the south-east area"

If you take the path of the main road after taking out the power station, you will see this lake/moat-like area. Its basically on the island in the moat.

Vagrant

Darkpen said:
But in a way, it was. MGS1 was a VR mission for Raiden. As were the additional missions released in Integral/VR Missions. He even goes on to mention several of them.

Personally, I don't really blame Ryan on anything outside of what I do know that he was involved in, which is the translation and copy-editing 4 (ninjas, "reserch" and development), but I can see how someone might be paranoid of the idea of have people other than Kojima influence the story in any way. But regardless, Kojima more or less let his team influence the game, and that's something we have to accept.

Clearly, its something that Ether Snake is unwilling to do.

What I'm trying to get at is that even if MGS3 it was a VR mission there is no proof it had anything to do with MGS4.

Kojima always listens to the fans and staffers for better or worse. Are there many more typos in the game other than the ones you mentioned? I had subtitles off so I didn't see them. Still for a game with this much dialog I'd probably cut them some slack anyway.

Darkpen

Banned
dermannmitdemcolt said:
Sorry, but his post is one of the most ridiclious things I've read on the net for a while. Nothing more than a laughable conspiracy from a hurted fanboy. Won't miss him.

"Ryan Payton is eeevil and hates MGS, that's why he fucked up MGS4!!!" :lol
He's one of our best theorists. Hell, he guessed that those "special and unique" video clips that were being done for MGS4's opening to be commercials of somekind well before that was officially announced that they were in fact commercials.

Darkpen

Banned
Vagrant said:
Right, and if the MGS1 we played was VR it was a retcon. What I'm trying to get at is that even if MGS3 it was a VR mission there is no proof it had anything to do with MGS4.

Kojima always listens to the fans and staffers for better or worse. Are there many more typos in the game other than the ones you mentioned? I had subtitles off so I didn't see them. Still for a game with this much dialog I'd probably cut them some slack anyway.
I'm not saying "shame on you for missing some spelling errors," to them. I'm just saying that that's the only thing I'd really blame the guy for.

Also, both spelling errors I pointed out were in areas where you DID see the text, being the Codec and the Credits.

As for the MGS3 thing, did you not listen to what I just said? There's a codec call about how the Patriots released documents and information about Big Boss's exploits to the world, which made him into a hero. This is a very strong hint that MGS3 was a peek into the past in more ways than one. I'm not saying that Snake himself experienced Big Boss's story through VR, but I'm saying that it implies that Big Boss's story was revealed to us, the players, and that they're running that parallel and breaking that fourth wall yet again, with the player and the world that the game takes place in.

Vagrant

Darkpen said:
I'm not saying "shame on you for missing some spelling errors," to them. I'm just saying that that's the only thing I'd really blame the guy for.

Also, both spelling errors I pointed out were in areas where you DID see the text, being the Codec and the Credits.

As for the MGS3 thing, did you not listen to what I just said? There's a codec call about how the Patriots released documents and information about Big Boss's exploits to the world, which made him into a hero. This is a very strong hint that MGS3 was a peek into the past in more ways than one. I'm not saying that Snake himself experienced Big Boss's story through VR, but I'm saying that it implies that Big Boss's story was revealed to us, the players, and that they're running that parallel and breaking that fourth wall yet again, with the player and the world that the game takes place in.

Yeah I didn't pay close attention to the credits, or read along with the codec dialog but I concede they should have been able to get the codec stuff right.

I misread that part of his post. I thought he was tying it into his big spiel about the story of MGS4 being changed. Still that's great if it ties in but it doesn't change my opinion of the other part of his post.

1stStrike

Banned
If nothing else, kojima has succeeded in one thing. Making you think. Look at all the people in this thread trying to piece the puzzle together and think outside the box. It's interesting.

LJ11

Ignore his crazy comments about Payton, another Patriot conspiracy in the making. :lol

I just never really noticed or thought about some of the stuff he posted. He'll be back in a couple of weeks so get ready...:lol I tend to side with Vagrant on things.

SamuraiX-

BruceLeeRoy said:
OH MAN!
That was so brilliantly done...while the credits were rolling I was like seriously there ending
with Sunny and
Otacon staring into the sunset
...wait
BIG BOSS
....OH SHIT DID I MISS A CODEC OR CUT SCENE!?..Wait
who is???...is that?....
OH SHITTTTTTTTT!!!!

Dude! Brucey! :lol

You pretty much captured my reaction perfectly with the that whole scenario. XD

SamuraiX- said:
Dude! Brucey! :lol

You pretty much captured my reaction perfectly with the that whole scenario. XD

I was screaming "WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!" when that happened. I saw the neighbors bedroom light go on and they were probably wondering what the fuck I was on about. That shit was totally unexpected.

Darkpen

Banned
BlockBastard said:
I was screaming "WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!" when that happened. I saw the neighbors bedroom light go on and they were probably wondering what the fuck I was on about. That shit was totally unexpected.
it was definitely a big "wtf" moment :lol

Vagrant said:
Yeah I didn't pay close attention to the credits, or read along with the codec dialog but I concede they should have been able to get the codec stuff right.

I misread that part of his post. I thought he was tying it into his big spiel about the story of MGS4 being changed. Still that's great if it ties in but it doesn't change my opinion of the other part of his post.
What are you talking about, which part of his post did you misread? I was just stating my own opinion.

Darkpen

Banned
dermannmitdemcolt said:
SnakeSoup now features a pretty fair Review of the game:

http://www.thesnakesoup.org/?section=mgs4&content=review

See, not all Fan(boys) are insane or blind to the games flaws.
from the review's first paragraph said:
There is no need for me to type up what you will be reading here. You probably already own a PlayStation 3. You probably have beaten Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. You probably have formed your own opinion about it. You probably have seen me play it live two days before release. Even if you haven't done any of the above, I can easily end this with "well, you should" and leave it at that. Still, I guess some of you actually give a fuck about my opinion.
Uuuuughhh....

I don't know if its just me, but listening to Shawn Elliot about reviews has changed how I view them.

dmshaposv

LJ11 said:
I've been reading some posts over at MGS.org, and noticed a few posters (including our own Ether_Snake; currently banned) discussing MGS3. Some of them believe MGS3 was intended to be a VR mission for Solid Snake. It's an interesting theory, anyone have similar thoughts?

Here's Ether Snake's thread. Interesting read if you ignore his comments on Payton.

Indeed but the Ryan Payton bashing is lulzworthy. :lol

Seriously, I doubt Kojima would allow anyone to interfere with his vision, and wouldn't have succumbed to any individual employee of his.

A person in Kojima's position could indeed call all the shots and be act as a pretentious as he/she would want.

LJ11

dmshaposv said:

Seriously, I doubt Kojima would allow anyone to interfere with his vision, and wouldn't have succumbed to any individual employee of his.

A person in Kojima's position could indeed call all the shots and be act as a pretentious as he/she would want.

Kojima's senses were suppressed by the nanomachines, Payton took advantage of him.

Darkpen

Banned
dmshaposv said:

Haven't you been paying attention? Kojima wants his staff to take over the reigns. MGS4 had its a fair amount of influence in decision making from the staff for the game. What those differences are, however, we can only imagine.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wow, I've just read the whole Raiden file on the MGS4 Database and man I so want the next MG to be based on that.
If so, we get to see Eva again, as well as Solid Snake as Raiden goes through his mission to save Olga's daughter. It is said he gives the baby to Snake and Otacon and ends up in Area 51 where he undergoes the cyborg treatment by the Patriots. He's then freed by Eva group and goes on to find and retrieve the Big Boss corpse. There is so much u can do with this. Also interesting is the whole backstory of The Boss and the Cobra team back in WWII.

Vagrant

Darkpen said:
it was definitely a big "wtf" moment :lol

What are you talking about, which part of his post did you misread? I was just stating my own opinion.

I just skimmed the first part about MGS3 being VR, and misread it. Apparently MGS3 being VR might have tied into MGS4. I then said that I still thought the part where he suggests that MGS4 changed in a major way after e3 was reading into things. I was just clarifying, it wasn't aimed at you or your opinion.

TTP said:
Wow, I've just read the whole Raiden file on the MGS4 Database and man I so want the next MG to be based on that.
If so, we get to see Eva again, as well as Solid Snake as Raiden goes through his mission to save Olga's daughter. It is said he gives the baby to Snake and Otacon and ends up in Area 51 where he undergoes the cyborg treatment by the Patriots. He's then freed by Eva group and goes on to find and retrieve the Big Boss corpse. There is so much u can do with this. Also interesting is the whole backstory of The Boss and the Cobra team back in WWII.

As much as I'd love that, I'd really rather see
how The Patriots started and for them to further flesh-out Zero's corruption, Para-medics decent into a heartless human experimenting wench, and SIGINTS reason for becoming a corrupt DARPA official. Those characters in MGS3 seemed so likable that it really was off-putting when EVA revealed that they were the reason behind everything that Snake and his comrades were fighting to abolish.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
TTP said:

I'm banking on that being the next installment of MGS. It just has to be.

SamuraiX-

BlockBastard said:

LOL! Nice. :lol

You must have been yelling pretty damn loud. :D

But for me, what really made me stand up and yell "WHAT?!?!?!" was...

Para-Medic and Dr. Clark being the same person.

That was a huge WTF moment for me for some strange reason. lol

Ploid 3.0

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Imagine a Metal Gear Raiden with Otacon and.... Snake as your behind the scenes codec team!!!!

I'd also like to see a future Raiden still youngish (because of the cybernetics) taking on a mission but losing his mind because Rose is dying of old age and he can't do shit about it. She won't commit to cybernetics and he wouldn't want her to go through what he had in the past anyway. Also... after decades of a somewhat peaceful environment world-wide, Sunny has created a new metal gear.

omg :lol
Then his son turns out to be under Sunny's F.R.I.E.N.D. mind control program. He's a even more awesome cyborg than raiden.

There definetly seems to be some conflicting reports of Frog's counting as deaths when they fall off of walls. It seems some players say they do count as deaths, whereas an equal number of other people say they don't. Any more people here want to swing the argument one way?

SamuraiX- said:
LOL! Nice. :lol

You must have been yelling pretty damn loud. :D

But for me, what really made me stand up and yell "WHAT?!?!?!" was...

Para-Medic and Dr. Clark being the same person.

That was a huge WTF moment for me for some strange reason. lol

Don't judge her! We have no idea what she went through while she was experimenting on Frank Jaeger. She's still the pure and adorable para-medic in my mind. Untainted and clean.

Kojima is a fucking master troll ;_;

Hey;
I dont want to sound like an idiot, but I have a few questions regarding the last twists in the story
So everything was relativlty strait forewards until the last conversation with Liquid Ocelot and then At the Very End with Big BOSS...

So Liquid's Armed insurection mentioned at the begining of the game is nothing more than a ruse to keep the Patriots focoused on Him so that Snake can take the AI's OUT??

HOW about Liquid's " Gun's of the Patriots" which he debeuted in Act 3... Its sole purpose was part of the Ruse as well?

How did Big Boss talk with Niaomi if She died of Cancer before the AI's were destroyed (the Ai's had to be destroyed for Big Boss to regain the conciousness the nannomachines were suppressing)

Finally:
I am still not sure what to think of Liquid Ocelot... I have seen him as a villan since MGS2; but in 4 His Goals were to destroy the patriots; although he still wanted to kill snake when all was said and done (on top of outer Haven)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BlockBastard said:
As much as I'd love that, I'd really rather see
how The Patriots started and for them to further flesh-out Zero's corruption, Para-medics decent into a heartless human experimenting wench, and SIGINTS reason for becoming a corrupt DARPA official. Those characters in MGS3 seemed so likable that it really was off-putting when EVA revealed that they were the reason behind everything that Snake and his comrades were fighting to abolish.

Well, it's not like they turned "bad". They were all trying to fulfill The Boss's will. Not even Big Boss was an evil guy after all.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
hirokazu said:
Well when I first saw that, I was thinking
"WTF, she just jumped in the fire and got all burnt up, but she didn't even TRY to get the corpse out of the fire?" By the time she's dead, the corpse was still burning away and she didn't look like she cared about it any more. Looked like a deliberate suicide to me. :p
Yeah thats what I thought too. I'm guessing the reason she
killed herself was because the original memeber of the patriots thought they no longer needed to be around and it was best for the world if they just died

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Cartman86 said:
plus he has six months. I would hope that Snake is done. Don't bring him back please!!! They already faked his death in MGS4 don't do it again.
There's no way that
we'll get an MGS game with snake after the events of MGS4

Making it look like snake will live the rest of his life in peace was Kojima's way of ending snake's story without having to kill him off

Slurmer

Banned
So does anyone think Kojima may have some lingering hard-feelings about having one of his original endings scrapped by the staff??

Kojima from a 2007 Gamespot article: "One of my ideas [for MGS4's ending] was that, since Snake and Otacon are breaking the law in order to fulfill their justice, I was thinking of having them turn themselves in, and for the sake of justice, they'd get convicted and executed by the law," he explained. "But all of my staff went against the idea"

I was looking up some stuff on "Here's To You", the song that plays over the end credits. Turns out, the song was written for Ferdinando Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti. Now, check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacco_and_Vanzetti

Definitely think that is too strong of a connection to be a coincidence. They had plenty of time to sub in a different song, and I find it very peculiar that they didn't, given the song's history.

can someone explain me the analogy about
light, shadow and beast that Eva, Ocelot and Big Boss use when they're talking about Snake? Eva said Snake is the beast, so what's with the light and shadow thing, what did they represent?

also about
Paramedic, isn't there a codec scene in mgs 3 where she's talking about human cloning and Naked Snake's gene will be very valuable in the future. she seems very excited about it. I think that's the only thing that show signs about her downfall.

Slurmer said:
Kojima from a 2007 Gamespot article: "One of my ideas [for MGS4's ending] was that, since Snake and Otacon are breaking the law in order to fulfill their justice, I was thinking of having them turn themselves in, and for the sake of justice, they'd get convicted and executed by the law," he explained. "But all of my staff went against the idea"

Hmm, that would have been an interesting ending. But I'm not sure how this would've worked out with the whole aging concept an the fact
that Snake only has 3 month to live by the end of the game

glaurung

dermannmitdemcolt said:
Hmm, that would have been an interesting ending. But I'm not sure how this would've worked out with the whole aging concept an the fact
that Snake only has 3 Month to live bey the end of the game

Wait a minute:
Didn't Big Boss tell Snake that he is actually getting better because the new nanomachines were killing the old ones. This would give Snake years.

Slurmer said:
Definitely think that is too strong of a connection to be a coincidence. They had plenty of time to sub in a different song, and I find it very peculiar that they didn't, given the song's history.

even without knowing the story behind the song, I still think the song is very fitting to the game's ending. it's a very powerful song imo to end the game.

glaurung said:
Wait a minute:
Didn't Big Boss tell Snake that he is actually getting better because the new nanomachines were killing the old ones. This would give Snake years.

The new strain is counteracting the old strain which prevents FoxDie from mutating into a virus that can affect everyone (not just people with the specific gene). Snake's DNA is still aging rapidly though because he is a clone, thus he still only has little time left, or at least that's what I got out of it.

Leshita said:
The new strain is counteracting the old strain which prevents FoxDie from mutating into a virus that can affect everyone (not just people with the specific gene). Snake's DNA is still aging rapidly though because he is a clone, thus he still only has little time left, or at least that's what I got out of it.

Yep, I got the same impression.

glaurung said:
Wait a minute:

Snake's constant seizure throughout the game is caused by nanomachines which is why he's getting better after the system is down.

his 3 months life span is because he thought the old fox die will evolve to epidemic so he need to kill himself, this turn out to be not a problem because the new foxdie by drebin halt and destroy the old foxdie.

but this don't solve the problem because in time the new foxdie will also mutate and become a threat as well.

although this is only if Snake live long enough for the new foxdie to mutate. but the actual problem here is that Snake is simply a clone engineered so that he has limited timespan, that's the cause of his rapid aging and nothing they do can stop that. so yeah, he probably only have six month to a year left just like Naomi predict at first and Snake's own intuition tell him at the beginning of the game

gantz85

Banned
Someone needs to be cool enough to put out a comic series of strips detailing Old Snake's trying to integrate back into society after his retirement :lol :D

It's not an original idea, but there could be so many cool jokes :D

Steroyd

What is the button to restore health during the Liquid Ocelot vs Snake fight, i'm surprisingly getting owned. :lol

The context sensitive parts during CQC are hyper sensitive compared to the other difficulties, and doing new moves i've never done before doesn't help the cause with my timing.

zoukka

Ok I missed the launch completely so here's my ramblings about the game in a nutshell.

Took me about 15 hours in Big Boss Hard and I got the Eagle rating.

Now I gotta say that this was easily my most anticipated game of this gen. And I really doubt any game will get my hype as up anymore in years... in the end the game delivered in many ways, but at the same time it was the first Solid game that left me cold, in many other areas.

There were three big disappointments in the game and the first was the non-existent enemy AI. You have this unbelievable arsenal at your disposal and Splinter Cell-esque controls that just scream for massacres. But then you realise these are the same moving turrets that you fucked with in Snake Eater and you only have to crouch to one position and fire away. Soldiers keep on running to your sight until they all die. Or in some cases spawn endlessly until you pass a certain point. Now when I noticed this, I immediately stopped fighting with the PMC:s and went all out sneaking. THe only problem with this was the looming arsenal that just waited to be used. Oh well.

The second gripe was within storytelling and this surprised me. The series is known for it's crazy dialogue and over the top acting, but also for it's interesting characters, massive information and emotions it stirs in gamers. For me Snake Eater was almost perfect in this department so it was sad to find out that many things were hindered here.

Returning characters like Raiden, Rosemary, Meryl, Johnny and Vamp seemed to have very little to do with the actual plot and I can't say I was too much interested with them. Meryl seemed almost childish in her quest for acceptance and she didn't really feel like a character that had things "under control". The bullet balette with Johnny and them getting married made me cringe bad. Raiden was badass but he was just this cool cyborg and I really hoped we'd seen him in his "head & spine" form in some jar and that scene could have been very emotional and heavy. Can't say I liked the happy family scene in the end either...

Vamp threw some knives but that was pretty much it...

I didn't like the mission briefings either and they had too much pointless yapping in them. The character of Sunny didn't really open to me. The games structure with acts also had a same kind of effect for me as Metroid Prime 3, with it's shattered world. You really didn't connect to the locations because they changed so fast. And I sure did miss my codec moments :(

Now I can't go through the whole story in this post so I just want to make sure that it had many great moments and emotional scenes, but like I said; it's the first Solid game with these kind of problems. I have to play it many times over to fully grasp them though.

The third and the most irritating flaw was the B&B corp. What was Kojima thinking? Here we are in the middle of Snakes last tale and the last bunch of bosses are super models... wait wat!? Well it wouldnt have been a catastrophe if they'd fleshed 'em out more but that monologue Drebin dropped at the end of each fight didn't fucking do it. The bosses were pretty lame in gameplay wise too when compared to the legendary fights in the other games... And didn't we already have tributes to MGS bosses? Like twice already??

The Mantis fight was the only interesting one, but the scene with Psycho Mantis was weird. Am I supposed to laugh at SIXAXIS not having rumble?

Easily the worst boss fights in the series... unforgivable.

Now the good parts are obvious. Audiovisually one of the finest games out there. It's a shame it didn't run perfectly but you really didn't care about that. When I hit the rebel bunker in the first act and fired the Ipod with some classic MG tunes I almost cried there. I just sat in the dark corridors and watched rebels run by while sweet melodies flew in the air. Fucking beautiful and tranquil.

Solid Eye worked like magic and Octocamo too. At first I feared it would make the game too easy but it was just perfect. I just wish I hadn't put on the head-camo too often because I ended up watching it in the cut-scenes :lol

Sneaking action was fun and I tended to use Mk2, Mosin Nagant and sleep gas mines. I never used the drebin shop for ammo because that felt like cheating so going through enemy structures and bodies for ammo was great.

The story wasn't perfect but had many mind blowing moments. I think I can safely say that returning to Shadow Moses was the best fanservice ever and I really hope they hadn't shown it in ReVisited trailer (whatever). Didn't see "The best is yet to come" and man tears were imminent. Also the breaking surveillance camera was honestly the one most moving moment in the game for me. I wish there would have been more subtle scenes like that in the game.

So I gotta say MGS4 probably is my least favourite Solid game but a great game nonetheless. My opinion could change after several more playthroughs but this is how I feel right now. It's sad to know the series is at end, but at the same time it's a good feeling to know you were there from the beginning and witnessed all this. I hope Kojima has peace with the series too and Solid Snake can spend his last moments somewhere in peace too.

Now to download the database thingy!

zoukka said:
The Mantis fight was the only interesting one, but the scene with Psycho Mantis was weird. Am I supposed to laugh at SIXAXIS not having rumble?

To me to the joke was that 1) a PS3 controller finally has rumble back, and 2) by having Psycho Mantis doing it the game is making a joke/referencing on the player's experience in playing against him in the first one

zoukka

BeautifulMemory said:
To me to the joke was that 1) a PS3 controller finally has rumble back, and 2) by having Psycho Mantis doing it the game is making a joke/referencing on the player's experience in playing against him in the first one

Well wasn't that obvious? Just didn't click with me to fuck with dear old
Psycho
there... especially when the joke was already old.

Well to me the joke wasn't so much "making fun of" but more of an inside-joke humor. But from the sounds of it it appears that you get the joke but you just don't find it funny. I loved it though

To me the whole game is Kojima and Kojima Production communicating with gamers and sharing the whole experience since the beginning of their career

zoukka said:
Easily the worst boss fights in the series... unforgivable.

Couldn't disagree more. MGS2 is still the worst one in this aspect. And I even think that the boss fights in MGS3 are overrated. I mean, the End and the Boss were awesome, but everthing else? Not so much.
MGS4 has 3 really great battles (Octopus, Wolf, Mantis) and the other ones were impressive too, because of the setting alone (especially Rex vs Ray and the last boss). The only true let downs were Vamp and Raven.

Awntawn

zoukka said:
Well wasn't that obvious? Just didn't click with me to fuck with dear old
Psycho
there... especially when the joke was already old.
From how you described it, "
Am I supposed to laugh at SIXAXIS not having rumble?
", I can only assume you were playing without a DS3? With a DS3, the line is:
RUMBLE IS BAAAAACKK!!!
or something along those lines, was fairly amusing at least imo ;p

zoukka

Awntawn said:
From how you described it, "
Am I supposed to laugh at SIXAXIS not having rumble?
", I can only assume you were playing without a DS3? With a DS3, the line is:
RUMBLE IS BAAAAACKK!!!
or something along those lines, was fairly amusing at least imo ;p

Fuck me!

And I even think that the boss fights in MGS3 are overrated.

Have you tried tranquing them? Or even fighting em on higher difficulties?? Even the worst SE boss Pain is better than the best B&B bitches. You really have to use everything you got in those fights wherein the B&B corp posed no threat for me in hard. For
Wolf
I just ran after it with thermal optics and fired away with Rifle and RPG.

Octopussys :)b) camo games were neat but everything else was lame. What the fuck were those mini-missiles? And that roll attack :lol

EDIT: I gotta add that I got irritated more about 'em for their appearance (generic robots with supermodels in 'em) and their meaninglessness than the gameplay which was pretty standard MGS action. With interesting premise they could have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom