• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunk#7

Novery!!

Where are you? Please answer this one question. Please

Are there any talks of, or will there be trophy support for MGS4/MGO?

I am waiting to play through again, and I don't want to do it if trophy support will be released.

Pimpwerx

ItsInMyVeins said:
So what's the best way of dealing with those little robots? It's really annoying if they spot you and keep spawning on and on.
Chaff grenades, but you want to save those if you're serious about TBE. I only used three on my TBE run, but they were so necessary to deal with some pesky geckos and mini-geckos. For the most part, you can sneak past them, just avoid the little laser beam that shows their line-of-sight.

Dwayne said:
Does the Snake Eater song affect the guards or anything like that?
Not sure at all. I never even use the iPod, but that is my favorite song in the game by far. PEACE.

Darkpen said:
oh god, I finished my chicken run.

That was not a pleasant experience e_e

Did you get all the other misc emblems at the same time, it did take way too long and holding up so many people got boring. But it allowed me to really mess around so that was fun.

Anyway in the middle of BB run and I am at that part, act 3 chase. Got through the first two sections fine but now what the hell. An army of those Haven bitches comes out and I have no idea how to get by them. I didn't get to try much yesterday but I can tell its a bitch.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So I just made these two t-shirts. What do you think?

n1909144_44543497_4295.jpg

I think they're obscure enough that people won't understand the nerdiness, but if someone knows, they'll be like that is AWESOME.

ianp622

SephCast said:
So I just made these two t-shirts. What do you think?

twoawesometshirts.jpeg

I think they're obscure enough that people won't understand the nerdiness, but if someone knows, they'll be like that is AWESOME.

I think THAT IS AWESOME. But they have to be machine-washable or do not want.

ianp622

I think your next one should be a "Nothing to report..." one with a blinking yellow square somewhere. Although it would take some ingenuity to make it blink.

ianp622

How about having different foods from MGS3, lined up with their responses. So you could have a snake and next to it, "Mmm... tasty." Or the russian rations, and "I'm gonna puke."

I was so happy to hear Snake say "tasty" during a codec conversation in MGS4.

Slurmer

Banned
Has this rumor been posted yet? Don't know how credible it is, but I wouldn't put it past Kojima

http://www.psbeyond.com/news/Rumor-alternate-ending-to-MGS4.758.html

According to a French website GameBlog.fr, there is a secret scene in MGS4 that can't be accessed regularly. Supposedly, the new sequence will automatically unlock itself on December 12, exactly 6 months from the launch of MGS4. Sounds fishy, but at the conclusion of MGS4, its revealed that a very significant event will occur in 6 months...

SRG01

Slurmer said:
Has this rumor been posted yet? Don't know how credible it is, but I wouldn't put it past Kojima

According to a French website GameBlog.fr, there is a secret scene in MGS4 that can't be accessed regularly. Supposedly, the new sequence will automatically unlock itself on December 12, exactly 6 months from the launch of MGS4. Sounds fishy, but at the conclusion of MGS4, its revealed that a very significant event will occur in 6 months...

This is BS. You can test it by changing the system clock.

edit: Clarification: There doesn't seem to be any syncing mechanism within the game, so I'm calling bollocks.

Slurmer

Banned
SRG01 said:

yeah I really don't believe it, just kind of want it to be true.

the link also says this
Now before you go running to change your PS3's internal clock, the site also mentions something about the PS3 needing to be synced, so you can't cheat the system. Decembers a long ways away, so don't hold your breath on this rumor."

sounds like BS

SRG01 said:

edit: Clarification: There doesn't seem to be any syncing mechanism within the game, so I'm calling bollocks.

Well, but it is true that the "Voice of God" is in the credits and I never heard it or know of anyone that knows what it is. There must be some easter egg everyone is missing no?

SRG01

sechsterangriff said:
Well, but it is true that the "Voice of God" is in the credits and I never heard it or know of anyone that knows what it is. There must be some easter egg everyone is missing no?

It's related to
Screaming/Psycho Mantis

sechsterangriff said:

More specifically, for spoiling...

When fighting Psycho Mantis, he eventually is dissipated by a strange shout. This is Kojima, and if you tap X rapidly you will see flashback photos of Kojima while the shout occurs. Right after that you can angle switch if you want to see where the Sorrow has been spying on you.

Crazymoogle said:
More specifically, for spoiling...

When fighting Psycho Mantis, he eventually is dissipated by a strange shout. This is Kojima, and if you tap X rapidly you will see flashback photos of Kojima while the shout occurs. Right after that you can angle switch if you want to see where the Sorrow has been spying on you.
I did not know that. very cool.

gantz85

Banned
Slurmer said:

If this is true I will blow my load. Will post again about MGS4 now that plenty of time has passed..

gantz85 said:
If this is true I will blow my load. Will post again about MGS4 now that plenty of time has passed..

Don't we already know the contents of the disc thanks to the people ripping it and looking at every filename?

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
back to the titts
as requested:
...in the last seconds of the cutscene where big mama dies in snakes hands...you can see a little bit of her nippels...

------------

thx Seiken

SRG01

sankt-Antonio said:
back to the titts
as requested:
...in the last seconds of the cutscene where big mama dies in snakes hands...you can see a little bit of her nippels...

------------

thx Seiken

How do you even know this? Or even better, why would anyone be looking for it?

gbovo

MarkMan said:
I got to kick it with my homies Yoji and Hideo today at Comic-Con...

2702516273_672892117e.jpg

Ain't that some shit...
did you ask Kojima any questions ie how's MGS4 doing, sales wise, new projects, Konami etc???

Darkpen

Banned
OMFG SHINKAWA WAS AT COMICON??? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK :( :( :(

:(

Steroyd said:
Why?

Mind you I can see it not being fun on non-The Boss Extreme difficulty though.
It wasn't fun because I did it on Liquid easy, where, you know, its really hard to die? :lol I also didn't know what counted as "praise," but I figure that giving them items and them responding kindly was praise later on. Finding out that "side rolls" are actually laying on the ground and doing the sideways roll from that position was the only one that actually counted, and not the one you do when you're standing.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
RandomVince said:
I think everyone now officially hates you for having that.
Very much so :mad:

Probably been asked/answered/ignored but I'm too frustrated to desperately search this thread (or anywhere else).

When a militia/rebel/whatever says "! Huh! Oh it's you" does it count as an alert? I've been treating it like so but HATE quitting back out and retreading through levels because of this. I would just like to know that I'm either doing this because it counts or I'm wasting my time... thanks?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yoji Shinkawa, Hideo Kojima, and Ken Imaizumi were at Ubisoft Montreal this week on a visit, my friend shook Kojima's hand but I just looked at him from my desk:p Some guy got his games signed by him.

But I can now say I saw Kojima and Shinkawa with my own eyes:D

Ether_Snake said:
Yoji Shinkawa, Hideo Kojima, and Ken Imaizumi were at Ubisoft Montreal this week on a visit, my friend shook Kojima's hand but I just looked at him from my desk:p Some guy got his games signed by him.

What where they doing at Ubisoft?

sonicmj1

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Probably been asked/answered/ignored but I'm too frustrated to desperately search this thread (or anywhere else).

When a militia/rebel/whatever says "! Huh! Oh it's you" does it count as an alert? I've been treating it like so but HATE quitting back out and retreading through levels because of this. I would just like to know that I'm either doing this because it counts or I'm wasting my time... thanks?

You get an alert when:
  1. The alert music kicks in
  2. You hear a clear reaction, such as "It's the enemy!"
  3. The "alert" timer appears at the top of the screen

If these things did not happen (especially the last one), there is no alert.

sonicmj1 said:
You get an alert when:
  1. The alert music kicks in
  2. You hear a clear reaction, such as "It's the enemy!"
  3. The "alert" timer appears at the top of the screen

If these things did not happen (especially the last one), there is no alert.

I was being a bit TOO cautious then, lol. Thanks a bunch.

Ether_Snake said:

You suck for not saying Hi.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Note that it counts even if the timer appears for a split second. Good luck. :)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Blu_LED said:
What where they doing at Ubisoft?

I guess maybe since they were at E3 (I think? or Comic-Con, was that recently?) they also decided to visit some studios before going back to Japan, but in the internal interview they did with him it almost sounded like he came specifically at Ubisoft Montreal. In the interview they asked him if it was his first visit to Montreal, he said he came to Canada once before but it was his first time in Montreal. They asked him what he thought of the city, he said it was like a mix of Europe and America, and they asked him about his opinion on the studio and he said that usually the West puts a lot of focus on the technical side while in Japan they put more on the artistic side, and that to him the Ubisoft Montreal studio usually strikes a good balance between both. He says he was very impressed with the studio and wanted to see what it was like. They asked him why he came to visit the studio and he said it was because most of his favorite games were made here (he mentioned Sands of Time specifically, but we know he is a Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed fan too).

Overall they gave him a visit of the different projects. Spent the whole day at the studio, had private presentations of the games (like for example, the Prince of Persia E3 demo), etc.

Why Ubisoft would do that, it's not for anything like a secret project between Konami and Ubisoft, it's just that as he said himself in the interview we must keep on challenging each other across the industry (all video game makers) to continue to reinvent ourselves, but at the same time remain friends throughout. I think it's a question of confidence on both sides, I wish our industry was always this open and less competitive, while still seeking to challenge each other. That was the essence of his message in the internal interview.

Pop On Arrival said:
You suck for not saying Hi.

I didn't want to interrupt!:p Our studio's CEO was with him, there was a translator, and they were meeting specific people so I wouldn't barge in and interrupt. But yeah, I should have just done so anyway! :lol

Ephemeris

Sometimes I like to visit the beginning of the thread and take in the awesome. *inhales*

MoonsaultSlayer said:
As a friendly reminder, don't forget to check the briefing to see if you've raised any alerts!

Ether_Snake said:
I guess maybe since they were at E3 (I think? or Comic-Con, was that recently?) they also decided to visit some studios before going back to Japan, but in the internal interview they did with him it almost sounded like he came specifically at Ubisoft Montreal. In the interview they asked him if it was his first visit to Montreal, he said he came to Canada once before but it was his first time in Montreal. They asked him what he thought of the city, he said it was like a mix of Europe and America, and they asked him about his opinion on the studio and he said that usually the West puts a lot of focus on the technical side while in Japan they put more on the artistic side, and that to him the Ubisoft Montreal studio usually strikes a good balance between both. He says he was very impressed with the studio and wanted to see what it was like. They asked him why he came to visit the studio and he said it was because most of his favorite games were made here (he mentioned Sands of Time specifically, but we know he is a Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed fan too).

Overall they gave him a visit of the different projects. Spent the whole day at the studio, had private presentations of the games (like for example, the Prince of Persia E3 demo), etc.

Why Ubisoft would do that, it's not for anything like a secret project between Konami and Ubisoft, it's just that as he said himself in the interview we must keep on challenging each other across the industry (all video game makers) to continue to reinvent ourselves, but at the same time remain friends throughout. I think it's a question of confidence on both sides, I wish our industry was always this open and less competitive, while still seeking to challenge each other. That was the essence of his message in the internal interview.

I didn't want to interrupt!:p Our studio's CEO was with him, there was a translator, and they were meeting specific people so I wouldn't barge in and interrupt. But yeah, I should have just done so anyway! :lol

Pretty Awesome :D

Kagari said:
I think we all need to get together and start spamming e-mails to all the game sites to get an answer on this. I mean seriously, all we need is a yes or no and we've heard about it for virtually every other game we care about. How has this not been asked/reported by anyone?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Is there a Metal Gear Online thread?

Just got home from Comic-Con Saturday. My brother beasted in gaming today. He won the Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection tournament and got 4th overall for the Konami Metal Gear Online tournament. His team won though for the 4 vs 4 team battle that Konami also held for the Metal Gear Online finals. He won this NICE Metal Gear Online poster that I've never seen anywhere before that was signed by both Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa.

Pics later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom