• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizz

So I decided to start playing through this again and I said "let me see if I can get through the first act (Liquid Sun") without setting off alarms/being noticed... I gotta say, some of you guys are something else! :D Going through the whole game without being noticed? Just the first couple of minutes into the level I was spotted. Guess I just don't have the patience:(

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Simple question but, who was your guys' favorite character in the game and why?

Surprisingly, for me it was
Big Mama/Eva. I loved everything about her. The weird thing is I HATED Eva in MGS3! Her significance within the MGS mythos jumped dramatically in this entry, but I guess I just enjoyed how they interpreted her evolution over the course of 50 years in both appearance and attitude. It felt natural to me. I thought her back story alone had great narrative and emotional weight. No small thanks to Lee Merriweather herself, who I think gave the game's best performance.

The origin story of the Patriots; her deep loving devotion to Big Boss; her mirror-like relationship to Ocelot; the bonding with her "son" all throughout act 3; I dug it all. The Big Boss hallucination she had after getting punctured on the gate sealed it for me. I fully bought her character.

The only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was the revelation that she knew the whole time that the living corpse in the pyx wasn't Big Boss. I thought her reaction to seeing the body go up in smoke was haunting the first time. I felt genuine sympathy. The fact it was an act really cheapens that scene, don't you think?

Rorsha

Muffdraul said:
The first time they ever said "Patrioto" in was Akio Otsuko saying "Ganzu obu za Patrioto" in one of the MGS4 trailers. Before that, it was always in Japanese, 愛国者達 "aikokshyo" or something like that. So... that's news to me. =P

I don't remember my source but I think It's coming from MGS2dvd.

Catalix said:

Big Mama/Eva. I loved everything about her. The weird thing is I HATED Eva in MGS3! Her significance within the MGS mythos jumped dramatically in this entry, but I guess I just enjoyed how they interpreted her evolution over the course of 50 years in both appearance and attitude. It felt natural to me. I thought her back story alone had great narrative and emotional weight. No small thanks to Lee Merriweather herself, who I think gave the game's best performance.

The origin story of the Patriots; her deep loving devotion to Big Boss; her mirror-like relationship to Ocelot; the bonding with her "son" all throughout act 3; I dug it all. The Big Boss hallucination she had after getting punctured on the gate sealed it for me. I fully bought her character.

The only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was the revelation that she knew the whole time that the living corpse in the pyx wasn't Big Boss. I thought her reaction to seeing the body go up in smoke was haunting the first time. I felt genuine sympathy. The fact it was an act really cheapens that scene, don't you think?

Nah, it has to be Snake, always and forever Snake. It was the single greatest character portrayal in a video game that I've experienced.
Until the end when Big Boss' appearance renders him completely speechless. But doesn't even that show how realistically he's portrayed?

Ocelot.
That guy doesn't fuck around. The lengths he went through to remain loyal to Big Boss' vision were truly amazing. He basically stuck with Big Boss and his beliefs all the way to the bitter end, not faltering, not wavering. Only death was able to stop him.

Revolver Ocelot is a true hero of humanity.

-viper-

Banned
fps fanatic said:
So I decided to start playing through this again and I said "let me see if I can get through the first act (Liquid Sun") without setting off alarms/being noticed... I gotta say, some of you guys are something else! :D Going through the whole game without being noticed? Just the first couple of minutes into the level I was spotted. Guess I just don't have the patience:(
On what difficulty are you trying it on?

Tranqualiser gun is your best friend. Use it.

It isn't really that difficult to be honest. Just save frequently (once you clear an area without being spotted), stick to the shadows, and stay low. Make use of the Octocamo as well.

SMZC

freethought said:
Nah, it has to be Snake, always and forever Snake. It was the single greatest character portrayal in a video game that I've experienced.
Until the end when Big Boss' appearance renders him completely speechless. But doesn't even that show how realistically he's portrayed?

How is that a good thing? I don't think having Snake there without saying a word does the character any favor. Actually, that's the characters' main problem. He hardly talks, and he isn't allowed to make choices of his own, which keeps him from having any kind of character development.

IMO Old Snake is by far the worst protagonist of the whole series. I would really like to hear why you guys like him so much, because I honestly don't understand it.

SMZC said:
How is that a good thing? I don't think having Snake there without saying a word does the character any favor. Actually, that's the characters' main problem. He hardly talks, and he isn't allowed to make choices of his own, which keeps him from having any kind of character development.

IMO Old Snake is by far the worst protagonist of the whole series. I would really like to hear why you guys like him so much, because I honestly don't understand it.

Well, the 'until' at the start of that sentence was meant to imply that I thought the characterisation fell apart at that point. Not sure how you didn't get that. The rest of the spoilered comment was a meant to be a joke about how ludicrous that scene was.

As far as Snake's portrayal in other games; he was always pretty clichéd and cheesy. It was fun but I'd hardly say the character had any real depth. In MGS4 the heart of the game, it's 'message' was told through Snake's character. It was a triumph, at least I thought so.

SMZC

freethought said:
Well, the 'until' at the start of that sentence was meant to imply that I thought the characterisation fell apart at that point. Not sure how you didn't get that. The rest of the spoilered comment was a meant to be a joke about how ludicrous that scene was.

As far as Snake's portrayal in other games; he was always pretty clichéd and cheesy. It was fun but I'd hardly say the character had any real depth. In MGS4 the heart of the game, it's 'message' was told through Snake's character. It was a triumph, at least I thought so.

Well, it's just that IMO Old Snake's character isn't really very different in the Big Boss scene than in the rest of the game. For example, he talks even less during the pre-final battle dialogue, despite of the importance of that moment. He just listens to Liquid Ocelot, gets up and fights, which is pretty disappointing.

Another thing that disappointed me was the suicide, for example. Based on the trailers, I always thought that Snake decided on his own that he had to commit suicide, but in the actual game he's just told that he has to kill himself because otherwise he will become a walking biological weapon. This plot twist keeps Snake from making any choices of his own and from having any kind of character development, and I was pretty disappointed with that.

As for the previous portrayals of Snake, I agree that he was kinda clichéd and cheesy in MGS1, but in MGS2 he was fantastic. Also, despite of all the cheesiness, I felt MGS1's Snake had much more character development, which is what makes me like him more than Old Snake.

SMZC said:
Well, it's just that IMO Old Snake's character isn't really very different in the Big Boss scene than in the rest of the game. For example, he talks even less during the pre-final battle dialogue, despite of the importance of that moment. He just listens to Liquid Ocelot, gets up and fights, which is pretty disappointing.

"LIQUIIIIIIIID!"

Don't know how you forgot that. :D

I like what Kojima did with Snake in MGS2; taking control from the player in order to build up the legend of Solid Snake, hard to do with a playable character who continually runs and hides. I was, of course, completely floored by MGS1 and still absolutely adore the game but I've never experienced a player character that felt as 'human' as Old Snake.

We all have different opinions of course, c'est la vie I say.

Doc Evils

Catalix said:

Otacon, I always feel sorry for him. :(

SMZC

freethought said:
"LIQUIIIIIIIID!"

Don't know how you forgot that. :D

I like what Kojima did with Snake in MGS2; taking control from the player in order to build up the legend of Solid Snake, hard to do with a playable character who continually runs and hides. I was, of course, completely floored by MGS1 and still absolutely adore the game but I've never experienced a player character that felt as 'human' as Old Snake.

We all have different opinions of course, c'est la vie I say.

What is it that in your opinion makes the character of Old Snake feel human? It's an honest question, I really want to know the reasons why you liked him over the portrayals of the character in previous MGS games.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
SMZC said:

Another thing that disappointed me was the suicide, for example. Based on the trailers, I always thought that Snake decided on his own that he had to commit suicide, but in the actual game he's just told that he has to kill himself because otherwise he will become a walking biological weapon. This plot twist keeps Snake from making any choices of his own and from having any kind of character development, and I was pretty disappointed with that.

As for the previous portrayals of Snake, I agree that he was kinda clichéd and cheesy in MGS1, but in MGS2 he was fantastic. Also, despite of all the cheesiness, I felt MGS1's Snake had much more character development, which is what makes me like him more than Old Snake.
This, but even more so when it comes to Naked Snake in MGS3/MPO. Hated that portrayal, almost ruined
Big Boss
as a character for me. Dude showed zero initiative; the most passive MGS protagonist by far.

I think all the points you brought up about the progression of Old Snake's character throughout the game were 100% spot-on...
at least outside of the mission briefings. I must say, I did really enjoy the way he was presented in those. I admit, it was the little things, though. He didn't really show any actual internal growth or natural progression, especially considering the state of things. Seeing him interact with other characters, in civilian clothes outside of combat, was at least a treat for me. I sort of give him a pass when I put him up against the void that was Naked Snake.
I feel bad for nitpicking. I love this series so much, I'm just speaking what I feel :/

SMZC said:
What is it that in your opinion makes the character of Old Snake feel human? It's an honest question, I really want to know the reasons why you liked him over the portrayals of the character in previous MGS games.

The scenes that stand out for me are;
Snake and Otacon in the cemetery, Naomi performing the medical examination, his and Meryl's chat in the train station, the scene in GW's core, Snake in the cemetery at the end (before the fake credits) and of course the microwave corridor (so much more effective than the torture scenes in previous games). These scenes just did a great job at giving Snake a fragility that was always there to some extent, but it was never explored as thoroughly. Add to that the effect on the gameplay the stress and psyche gauges had and the little touches like Snake rubbing his poor back and panting when his psyche gauge was depleted and he just seemed more fleshed out.

Then there were the atypical scenes with Snake in his civvies or cracking wise about Sunny's eggs. It was all part of a package. The crowning moment though, was Otacon talking to Sunny at the wedding. An exploration, not of the character, but of the impact he had on those closest to him. I just totally bought into it, what can I say.

Before that, my two favourite Snake moments were when Raiden finds him inside Arsenal decked out in his stealth suit and when he snapped the handcuffs and dove after RAY. Badass, yes but lacking any real substance.

Prine

Banned
Finally got round to buying a PS3 for MGS4. Kind of pissed with the composite that came with my PS3!!

Anyway, im finding this game alot harder than previous MGS games and the controls take some time getting used to. But im having fun so far, im still on act 1. Anyone else overwhelmed with the amount of menu switching that has to be done? Didnt realise stuff that i picked up were not instantly accessible throgh L2/R2 buttons.

As with all other MGS games i've played it takes time to really blow you away. Except for MGS2, i was wowed from the very moment i got to control snake

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Prine said:
Anyone else overwhelmed with the amount of menu switching that has to be done? Didnt realise stuff that i picked up were not instantly accessible throgh L2/R2 buttons.

MGS4 isn't the first MGS to do that. MGS3 had it too.

DunpealD

This weeks weekly extra download is the music "Forerunner" a track specially made for MGS4. Too bad that there are no Integral Podcasts :( and Ryan Payton leaving KP doesn't give me the impression of a bright future for that feature.

More or less I'm still playing MGS4 or should I say MGO which is more or less a part of MGS4... have to play through that game again some time.

Guzim

ToyMachine228 said:
Started up MGS4 again tonight, in the second Act and I didn't realize there were two separate paths to the Vista Mansion. Pretty cool little discovery.
Yeah, I discovered that on my third replay of the game. I thought that was great.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
ice cream said:
Did they ever reveal what La le lu li la (or whatever the fuck it was) meant in the game? I finished it but never heard anything about it...

People with second and third generation nanomachines hear "La Le Lu Li Lo" when The Patriots are mentioned. IIRC from MGS2, they're letters/sounds that were removed from the Japanese alphabet by the Emperor or something and are symbolic of state censorship and control of information.

Catalix said:

Ending spoilers below:

Big Boss. His appearance followed the religious symbolism of MGS4 and was synonymous with God telling Jesus that he didn't have to die on the cross. Seeing him struggle to salute The Boss' grave, and telling Snake that he's no longer anyone's tool or puppet made me cry. His penultimate words: "Boss, you only need one Snake. No, I think the world would be better without Snakes" were incredibly powerful, and it was the best way to end the series.

A close second is Snake himself. You couldn't help but be moved by the fact his body was crumbling before your eyes, that he would eventually become a walking WMD, and took immense beatings but still had the bravery to see the mission through to the bitter end..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Strider2K99 said:
Old?

I got this in my email. Pretty cool little contest if you ask me.

http://playstation.innovyx.net/v?xJnTWPHEHWHvTHvPllJT
:D
kopiaavjohnsolidmediumko7.jpg

Menaged

Finished the game yesterday - 22 hours. WOW!
I think it's the best game I've ever played, after MGS3.

In gameplay, I think MGS4 wins by a mile, but I have some hard time with the plot. MGS3's plot was fine and nice for most of the time, and then exploded at the end with a huge emotional imapct, especialy on the 2nd playthrough.

MGS4, on the other hand, didn't "hit" me that way, but it was always intersting, always there.

One thing I still don't understand though (even after readin a hefty number of posts) is
why the PMC are going crazy when Ocelot tries to take over SOP with his own and with snake's blood? And why shutting off your nanomachines helps you? Did I miss something?

Just one more thing I have to say - the last boss battle was amazing - so epic and well executed. Also,
the microwave scene was so touching. I mashed /\ while seeing everyone fighting for their lives, Otacon yells at snake (or at me) to keep on going, just a bit more. My arm starts to hurts, and Snake's crawling with his last powers - the connection was there - no doubt.

dralla

Menaged said:
One thing I still don't understand though (even after readin a hefty number of posts) is
why the PMC are going crazy when Ocelot tries to take over SOP with his own and with snake's blood? And why shutting off your nanomachines helps you? Did I miss something?

All their senses that were being suppressed by SOP became unsuppressed all at the same time, some of them just had crazy seizures and some died to the heart being overwhelmed. Naomi explains this when you meet her in South America.

The nano's never shut off, I'm assuming you mean the needle you got from Naomi? That releases something in your body to counteract the SOP interference with Snakes old nano's, I can't remember exactly how it works, but Naomi explains it.

Menaged

I got the part that all of their emotions "explode" and they're in a state of shock. What I don't get is why. The way I see it, the blood\DNA is a type of password. When Liquid tried to get to SOP with his own blood he got denied (succeded with Solidus), so why would the system will go crazy?

About the Syring. I'm quite positive it disables nanomachines - That's how you beat Vamp, and break free of Mantis control, which controls people by nanomachines...

Blader

Menaged said:
I got the part that all of their emotions "explode" and they're in a state of shock. What I don't get is why. The way I see it, the blood\DNA is a type of password. When Liquid tried to get to SOP with his own blood he got denied (succeded with Solidus), so why would the system will go crazy?

About the Syring. I'm quite positive it disables nanomachines - That's how you beat Vamp, and break free of Mantis control, which controls people by nanomachines...

Liquid's initial plan was to "disconnect" every soldier on Earth from SOP, thereby creating Big Boss' dream of Outer Heaven: a world where soldiers were freed from their governments. At first, Liquid had thought that SOP was just a form of ID control; he didn't know that by disconnecting the soldiers from SOP, he was causing all of those repressed emotions to come flooding back. So he changed his plan, so that instead of freeing soldiers from SOP, he would instead take over the system and thereby take control of every soldier on Earth.

It wasn't that his DNA was causing the soldiers to go crazy and Solidus' DNA wasn't, it's just that his plan in the Middle East was different from his plan in Europe.

And you're that the syringe that Naomi gave Snake does suppress nanomachine activity. But the nanos in Snake's body are older than those used by PMC troops, and when Liquid started messing around with the system, it created a weird reaction in Snake's body (basically a case of incompatibility between the old and the new). The injections Snake gave himself suppressed his nanomachines and the reaction it was causing in his body.

____

I played the game (in june), but wanted to clear/verify something:

-Was there ANY relationship between Liquid / the BatB unit? At ALL?

Menaged

Blader5489 said:
Liquid's initial plan was to "disconnect" every soldier on Earth from SOP, thereby creating Big Boss' dream of Outer Heaven: a world where soldiers were freed from their governments. At first, Liquid had thought that SOP was just a form of ID control; he didn't know that by disconnecting the soldiers from SOP, he was causing all of those repressed emotions to come flooding back. So he changed his plan, so that instead of freeing soldiers from SOP, he would instead take over the system and thereby take control of every soldier on Earth.

It wasn't that his DNA was causing the soldiers to go crazy and Solidus' DNA wasn't, it's just that his plan in the Middle East was different from his plan in Europe.

Right, I forgot about that part (changing the plan and taking control of the system), but still, something doesn't click for me. When he tried to "free" the soldiers, what extacly did he tried to do that caused that mess, to that disconnection? Beacuse he did it twice - Once with his blood, and once with Snake's.

Another thing that botherd me with this part. If he indeed "freed" the soldiers from SOP, how did they manage to fire a single bullet. Shouldn't they have lost the ID, hence not being able to use an ID tagged weapon?

____ said:
I played the game (in june), but wanted to clear/verify something:

-Was there ANY relationship between Liquid / the BatB unit? At ALL?

Only that they worked for the PMC's he owned I think. It wasn't like the Boss and Cobra Unit, or even Solidus and Dead Cell. That's pretty much the biggest downfall of the B&B unit imo. In terms of character design and the actual encounters I thought they were some of the best the series has offered (though The End>>>>>every other MGS boss fight ever of course). The beauty portions of the fights in particular were quite chilling, or at least that's how I found them. I genuinely did not want to kill them. Drebin's codec monologues were terrible though.

Menaged:
I think shutting down SOP probably shuts down the ID controls on weapons.

okrim

Banned
Finished the game great story but disappointing by the gameply after the 2 act. I don't understand why worse after that. The weapons upgrade become useless and the area are too short. What's matter after the 2 act to kojima? Drunk?

____

freethought said:
Only that they worked for the PMC's he owned I think. It wasn't like the Boss and Cobra Unit, or even Solidus and Dead Cell. That's pretty much the biggest downfall of the B&B unit imo. In terms of character design and the actual encounters I thought they were some of the best the series has offered (though The End>>>>>every other MGS boss fight ever of course). The beauty portions of the fights in particular were quite chilling, or at least that's how I found them. I genuinely did not want to kill them. Drebin's codec monologues were terrible though.

Menaged:
I think shutting down SOP probably shuts down the ID controls on weapons.

this embodies my thoughts exactly :lol

Bored the other night I watched the ending of MGS4 on youtube. Not a big fan of the series and I don't think I'll ever own a PS3 so I figured it couldn't hurt. Yesterday someone let me borrow their PS3 with MGS4 and some other games because he is out of town for awhile.
What can you do.:lol

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
CitizenCope said:
Bored the other night I watched the ending of MGS4 on youtube. Not a big fan of the series and I don't think I'll ever own a PS3 so I figured it couldn't hurt. Yesterday someone let me borrow their PS3 with MGS4 and some other games because he is out of town for awhile.
What can you do.:lol
Play it anyways! :D

DrBo42

Did anyone else find MGS4 not nearly as replayable as the others in the series? I'm struggling to find the desire to go through it again. I must have gone through MGS3 more than 10x but I can't even justify a 3rd time for MGS4.

____

DrBo42 said:
Did anyone else find MGS4 not nearly as replayable as the others in the series? I'm struggling to find the desire to go through it again. I must have gone through MGS3 more than 10x but I can't even justify a 3rd time for MGS4.

This is me.

I thought I was the biggest MGS fan I know (and I still am), but I played MGS4 once (on June 12th) and haven't replayed it yet.

If MGO's setup wasn't so bad I'd play that a lot more often too, but I'd pick up MGS3 right now and play before I considered MGS4 again.

Excellent game, but for some reason...I just don't wanna go thru the process of what it takes to play it again. Can't really explain it.

DrBo42

____ said:
This is me.

I thought I was the biggest MGS fan I know (and I still am), but I played MGS4 once (on June 12th) and haven't replayed it yet.

If MGO's setup wasn't so bad I'd play that a lot more often too, but I'd pick up MGS3 right now and play before I considered MGS4 again.

Excellent game, but for some reason...I just don't wanna go thru the process of what it takes to play it again. Can't really explain it.

I'm baffled by it too. I really enjoyed a lot of sections from the game, but as a whole I just can't bring myself to trek through it again.

DrBo42 said:

I tapered off halfway through my 4th playthrough (or was it my 5th). Mind you my first two playthroughs were both 30 hours plus. I'd say just start it up and see how far you make it through. Act 1 and the first part of act 2 are infinitely replayable imo (there's some cool stuff to find, in the beginning of act 2 especially). Act 3 has some legs too, just go wandering, there's a number of cool scripted events you may have missed the first time through.

The one complaint I have as far as replayability goes is the number of unique action sequences, they ruin the pace of speed runs and the like. The opening section of Act 5 however is probably the most replayable section in the entire series, at least as far as I'm concerned. I sat and played that one section for five hours straight at one point!

Catalix

DrBo42 said:
Emblems? Weapons? Costumes? There's tons. Just as much, maybe more, as the other 3 games. What was it about the previous entries that upped the replay value for you? If it's intangible and hard to pinpoint, I guess I understand.

It was kinda the opposite for me though. I felt like the core gameplay mechanics really began to shine on subsequent play-throughs. Trying to get all the weapons and emblems was a challenge and forced me to be more creative in certain scenarios. Same thing happened in MGS2 and 3 for me.

Wurm

Banned
I think its because the game suffers from being split up into the 5 Acts. The loss of that sense of progression towards the final showdown, be it from inching forward through Shadow Moses, drilling down into the secret depths of Big Shell or wading through the jungle to Grozny Grad is what marks MGS4 down in my opinion.

I understand WHY due to the story they had to set it in the 5 different locations, but it takes away that emergent gameplay of speed-runs and the like. Killing the End before his actual boss-battle was an amazing thing in MGS3.

Act 2 is by far my favourite act because it emulates the old games Intrusion gameplay. Its weird also because initially when we thought the whole game would be set in the Middle East it'd be tiresome, but the actual reality is the Middle East chapter feels too short!

Ironically as well, MGS4 could have really benefitted from Trophies to tempt people into replays with the stuff they might have missed.

MGO has been great though. Sneaking mode feels like a sort of great difficulty extension of single player when youre playing as Snake. The tension and battle of wits is delicious. I hear theres a new map pack on the way soonish, supposedly with Factory, Forest and a Snowy Field level, but then I remember the initial map packs supposed leaked details all turning out to be lies :lol I really hope Konami listen to my #1 complaint and offer a game launcher from the XMB rather than having to go through MGS4 each time. Oh and I want an eyepatch accessory from the Reward Shop. IMMEDIATELY.

freethought said:
The one complaint I have as far as replayability goes is the number of unique action sequences, they ruin the pace of speed runs and the like. The opening section of Act 5 however is probably the most replayable section in the entire series, at least as far as I'm concerned. I sat and played that one section for five hours straight at one point!
I'm dreading that part of my Big Boss run. There's no way I can go fast through there and not set off any alerts.

Shalashaska said:
I'm dreading that part of my Big Boss run. There's no way I can go fast through there and not set off any alerts.

Bit it's soooooooo worth it. I've said it before in this thread but I'll say it again godsdammit! That section is probably my highlight of the entire series. That's right, I think that section is the very best part of any of the Metal Gear Solid games. Now whenever I hear the tired old "where's the game?" or "I like to play my games, not watch them" remarks, I always think about this section and how it is one of the purest pieces of game design I've ever encountered, outside of SMB1/3/W. I like to play my games too, that's why I love MGS. Every other single aspect is just icing on an already scrumptious cake. Saying that, the constant quitting and reloading needed to do a Big Boss run are annoying and probably why I'll never do it.

Protip:
Did you find the trapdoors?

ultron87

Blader5489 said:
And you're that the syringe that Naomi gave Snake does suppress nanomachine activity. But the nanos in Snake's body are older than those used by PMC troops, and when Liquid started messing around with the system, it created a weird reaction in Snake's body (basically a case of incompatibility between the old and the new). The injections Snake gave himself suppressed his nanomachines and the reaction it was causing in his body.

When did the syringe go from being a nanomachine suppressor (for ya know, the entire game), to being a give you the ability to kick ass for a few more minutes injection (during the final fight with liquid)?

freethought said:
Bit it's soooooooo worth it. I've said it before in this thread but I'll say it again godsdammit! That section is probably my highlight of the entire series. That's right, I think that section is the very best part of any of the Metal Gear Solid games. Now whenever I hear the tired old "where's the game?" or "I like to play my games, not watch them" remarks, I always think about this section and how it is one of the purest pieces of game design I've ever encountered, outside of SMB1/3/W. I like to play my games too, that's why I love MGS. Every other single aspect is just icing on an already scrumptious cake. Saying that, the constant quitting and reloading needed to do a Big Boss run are annoying and probably why I'll never do it.

Protip:
Did you find the trapdoors?
Yup. It took me a while though, I was wondering how the heck to get that iPod song. :lol

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
OK, I'm gonna start this game soon. (Just got a PS3) And I was wondering, is there anywhere with a comprehensive write-up of all the events leading up to MGS4 and all the events of the previous games? I wanna a refresher before I play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom