• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuHayate

I started playing last night and I participated in a host instructed CQC class. I failed but most of us were dickin' around anyway. However, we managed to play two serious matches and I love what I've played of it so far.

Darkpen

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
you might also find mgo ballz out awesome. find "COOLIO"!

and when starting make sure to understand the game isnt as unfair as you might think with respect to any lag or delayed deaths.
registration process... $10 expansion that locks away an entire game mode... annoying people who like to kick because they suck ass... that one urban level is too freaking dark... not enough noobs playing.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Darkpen said:
registration process... $10 expansion that locks away an entire game mode... annoying people who like to kick because they suck ass... that one urban level is too freaking dark... not enough noobs playing.
well the kick thing at least is gunna change soon. people stopped kicking randomly anyway.

antiloop

Darkpen said:
$10 expansion that locks away an entire game mode...

Is $10 really that big of a deal to people in the U.S?

I mean that's about as expensive as one meal out here. I wouldn't think twice about that if I liked the game itself. :)

Facism

-COOLIO- said:
well the kick thing at least is gunna change soon. people stopped kicking randomly anyway.

any idea if they're ever going to open up survival to everyone? Survival, when i stopped playing, was an elitist wankfest.

I think Wasp Unit members are hooking up tomorrow for a MGO session, see how it goes.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Facism said:
any idea if they're ever going to open up survival to everyone? Survival, when i stopped playing, was an elitist wankfest.

I think Wasp Unit members are hooking up tomorrow for a MGO session, see how it goes.
ooooohhh :eek:

i wanna play with some of you folk

as for opening up survival i doubt it. absolutely everyone on the JPN servers bought the expansion and i think that's how the gauge things.

Dave1988

antiloop said:
Is $10 really that big of a deal to people in the U.S?

I mean that's about as expensive as one meal out here. I wouldn't think twice about that if I liked the game itself. :)

10$ isn't a big deal. Locking out 39 countries from Survival, however, is.

-COOLIO- said:
ooooohhh :eek:

i wanna play with some of you folk

as for opening up survival i doubt it. absolutely everyone on the JPN servers bought the expansion and i think that's how the gauge things.

Can you access the European servers? Wasp is Euro.

gogogow

After more than 4 months, I have finally completed my MGS4 gaming collection.
The EU LE was hard to find and expensive, 99 euros = US$125.

- Metal Gear Solid 4 [European Standard Version]
- Metal Gear Solid 4 [European Limited Edition]
- Metal Gear Solid 4 [US Limited Edition]
- Metal Gear Solid 4 [Japanese Limited Edition]
- Metal Gear Solid 4 [Limited Edition Guide]
- Metal Gear Solid 4 [Super CD Jewel Case Limited Edition]

izxhdl.jpg

wcik38.jpg

neight

Banned
Router said:
New? Old? Either way, its fucking EPIC. (And expensive)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130263869818

[IMG*]http://i34.tinypic.com/25h1qbt.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG*]http://i33.tinypic.com/21ne683.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG*]http://i33.tinypic.com/21ne683.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG*]http://i38.tinypic.com/28tu8aw.jpg[/IMG]
Would've looked better without the LEDs. That's the only thing that gave it away to me for sure that it was a homemade mod. Why do so many modders go crazy with the lights.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dave1988 said:
10$ isn't a big deal. Locking out 39 countries from Survival, however, is.

Can you access the European servers? Wasp is Euro.
ohhhh

ballz

i do play with some EU guys on the jpn servers tho :eek:

gogogow said:

izxhdl.jpg

wcik38.jpg

The soundtrack is indeed win.

Do copies of MGS4 come with the sleeve still?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
dabookerman said:
http://images.cosplay.com/photos/17/1768285.jpg[IMG]

Fucking superior.[/QUOTE]
Crazy. Is that the same woman who did those amazing Boss and Eva cosplays?

DuckRacer

Dumb question: I'm renting MGS4 and I've reached the part where you meet Drebin and can buy weapon attachments. I bought a silencer for my M4; how can I attach it?

I love the game btw, first time playing a Metal Gear game.

edit: wait I think I figured it out.

hirokazu said:
In Australia most stores aren't displaying the game with the cardboard sleeve any more, but some stores still have it.

Anyone fancy giving me a UK Cardboard sleeve ;p?

Damn, this might mean I might need to buy yet another copy x_x

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
gogogow said:

izxhdl.jpg

wcik38.jpg

No Asian edition :lol

GodofWine

Just checking...I can delete the 'game' data from where I'd select to play the game and still keep my records in case I come back again to play right? Just don't delete the stuff in the other place / gave save files etc?

I only need the end game file save to fire up the second play through without erasing what I already have right?

Hope this made a lick of sense.

hirokazu

GodofWine said:
Just checking...I can delete the 'game' data from where I'd select to play the game and still keep my records in case I come back again to play right? Just don't delete the stuff in the other place / gave save files etc?

I only need the end game file save to fire up the second play through without erasing what I already have right?

Hope this made a lick of sense.
Everything that doesn't have something to do with individual playthroughs, including items, special camo and iPod tracks are stored in the System data file. You can delete the end game save file and you'd still be good, as long as you don't touch the System data file.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
the mgs robe i got at the WC >.>

i cant resist posting this pic everywhere <.<

Image024.jpg

it might be hard to make out the mgs parts. the kanji is otacons insginia thing, and the headband has various mgo rankings printed on it.

RyuHayate

-COOLIO- said:
the mgs robe i got at the WC >.>

i cant resist posting this pic everywhere <.<

Image024.jpg

it might be hard to make out the mgs parts. the kanji is otacons insginia thing, and the headband has various mgo rankings printed on it.

Very cool! :D

Did you have dinner with Kojima or something?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'm sorry I'm "just a bit late" on this one, but I made a vow to myself that if I ever get unbanned from gaf, this would be the first thread I'd post in just out of principle.
What an amazing experience it was the first time as well as the second and third play through.
Bruce, you've done us all proud with your Official thread(s) and I was literally in awe with my freaking jaw wiiiiiiiiide open when I first saw this OP. Much much props to you bro and can't wait till your Killzone 2 thread. This has been an amazing year with soooooo many quality games (MGS4, LBP, Dead Space, Gears 2, R2 & etc...). MGS4 will be my personal goty just because it has a special place in my heart as an Metal Gear fan.

Hats off to Kojima-san, Ryan and the rest of the crew @ Koji-pro!

Feels great to be back after a 10 month ban
:D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kaako said:
I'm sorry I'm "just a bit late" on this one, but I made a vow to myself that if I ever get unbanned from gaf, this would be the first thread I'd post in just out of principle.
What an amazing experience it was the first time as well as the second and third play through.
Bruce, you've done us all proud with your Official thread(s) and I was literally in awe with my freaking jaw wiiiiiiiiide open when I first saw this OP. Much much props to you bro and can't wait till your Killzone 2 thread. This has been an amazing year with soooooo many quality games (MGS4, LBP, Dead Space, Gears 2, R2 & etc...). MGS4 will be my personal goty just because it has a special place in my heart as an Metal Gear fan.

Welcome back!

kuYuri

Kaako said:

Holy shit, its you! I thought you were permabanned. :lol

Welcome back.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Wollan said:
Saw your Youtube messages.
Mine? Did you enjoy MGS4 as much as I did? ;p
Also, make room for me on your infamous PSN friend's list Wollan...for real.
I need some more Killzone 2 beta/LBP/HOME people on my friend's list.

Hy_

Just finished Act 4 and I remember reviewers and people complaining about it. Mainly the enemies you fight. Personally I loved the feeling of isolation in Act 4. Being alone to experience all the nostalgia.

While playing Act 4 I was thinking about MGS and Snake was in his prime. Yes he was getting older, Liquid made a few mentions of his age, but for the most part Snake was in his prime. The entire Shadow Moses base was the pinnacle of science and technology. The top scientists and engineers were involved with the research of Rex and other projects. Now it's a shadow of it's former self, much like Snake. It's rotting, it's decrepit, and it's falling apart.

Don't know if that's what Kojima was going for, but Act 4 really resinated with me.

Crispy

Hy_ said:
Just finished Act 4 and I remember reviewers and people complaining about it. Mainly the enemies you fight. Personally I loved the feeling of isolation in Act 4. Being alone to experience all the nostalgia.

While playing Act 4 I was thinking about MGS and Snake was in his prime. Yes he was getting older, Liquid made a few mentions of his age, but for the most part Snake was in his prime. The entire Shadow Moses base was the pinnacle of science and technology. The top scientists and engineers were involved with the research of Rex and other projects. Now it's a shadow of it's former self, much like Snake. It's rotting, it's decrepit, and it's falling apart.

Don't know if that's what Kojima was going for, but Act 4 really resinated with me.

I agree 100% act 4 was great! One of the high points of the game. Especially after act 3 which I didn't like at all.

Dyno

Act 4 had a nice mixture of stealth, combat, and boss fights. Plus the nostalgia was there with minial pre-amble. It all stood on it's own very nicely.

There's also only about half an hour of actual gameplay after that point, two levels worth actually.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I have to play MGS4 again sometime. Come to think of it, I haven't even tried MGO yet! And I bought the game at launch! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom