• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTCoakley said:
Any chance you could use a proxy and buy it on your PC? It's all tied to your account, so once you actually buy the stuff it shouldn't matter what country the shop thinks your in. Just a thought.
Doesn't work. You have to use a credit card from the same country of you KONAMI ID.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Shalashaska_BR said:
Doesn't work. You have to use a credit card from the same country of you KONAMI ID.
i really cant believe konami is being so stupid about this

kojipro staff would perfer to just use PSN but konami brass is pushing for this stuff

-COOLIO- said:
i really cant believe konami is being so stupid about this

kojipro staff would perfer to just use PSN but konami brass is pushing for this stuff

I can't believe konami's making it such a pain in the ass just to play their game! I seriously spent over 2 hours trying to start up MGO... 2 HOURS! Register this, sign in here, make 2 ids, now check your email, now come back and enter some code, blahblahblah, now update for an hour.

I finally got into the game and the whole experience just turned me off all together. After all the hassle of just starting up, the 2 rounds I played were laggy and the players were jerkoffs.

MGO could have been great =(

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dave1988 just dished out the goods:
MGO Ver.1.20 Update information
The Client has been updated following the release of "MEME EXPANSION". Updates include:

All alterations
1) New skills
2) Change of skill specification
3) New rules:
- Interval
- Stealth Deathmatch
4) New BGMs
5) Change of weapon specification
6) New explanation of weapon
7) New functions "Skill Set" and "Gear Set"
8) Briefing Screen appears changed
9) The Game Screen appears changed
10) New Gears

Lobby
1) The icon was added to the lobby name in "Lobby Select" menu.
2) The time which can enter the survival lobby was restricted.
3) Automatching lobby was divided.
4) Survival lobby was divided.
5) The headshots invalid lobby was added.

Ranking
1) The figure of the displayed ranking was increased.
2) The quantity of the ranking which moves by the left button or the right button was changed.
3) When viewing personal details, the page of a corresponding rule will be opened by the default.
4) The GRADE display of the player details was unified with "Community Support Page".

SURVIVAL
1) The total number of the Teams currently in battle is added to "Survival match List".
2) "Clan Members Only" is added to the stance of "Creat Team".
3) "Clan Members Only" is added to the condition of the filtering stance.
4) The icon of "Spanner" is displayed next to the character name who exists in "Personal" menu etc.

Others
1) "Radar orientation" added in "Gameplay Options".
2) "Appearance Settings" was changed.
3) The icon of EXPANSION which shows the owned pack was added to "Personal Stats".
4) The icon of "Beginner" added to the "Personal Stats" of biginners.
5) The E-mail Address was changed from "GM" to "CS"(Customer Support).
6) The new functions "Delete all read messages", "Delete all messages from a particular sender" and "Delete all messages" added to inbox of Mail.
7) Decision method of the "Beginner" was changed.
8) "EXPANSION PACK" is added to the condition of the filtering stance of "Free Battle".
9) The display was added to appear when Riward Points was earned at the time of login and the Automatching play.
10) The display of the current Riward was changed on the Personal menu.
11) Warning is displayed when playing for a long time.
12) The score came to be added through assistance action.
13) Change in the specification of the level up.
14) If you Quit the game before finish, the record will be added to your profile.
15) The icon of "Friendly Fire" and "Voice Chat" and "Lock on" were added to "COMMON SETTINGS" of Free Battle and Survival.
16) The camera was added to the equipment of Mk.II.
17) The function which turns OFF a text chat was added to the "MUTE" menu of "BRIEFING"
18) When one of the team disappeared from the Free Battle, the game becomes invalid match.

For MEME EXPANSION only
1) New Maps:
- Forest Firefight (F.F.)
- Silo Sunset(S.S.)
- Winter Warehouse (W.W.)
2) New unique characters:
- LIQUID OCELOT
- MEI LING
3) New game mode "Tournament"

:Q

-COOLIO- said:
Dave1988 just dished out the goods:

:Q

dang that's a lot of changes. definitely worth it. I'm getting it as soon as possible. I just wish more people were into it, it needs all the support it can get.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
brandonh83 said:
dang that's a lot of changes. definitely worth it. I'm getting it as soon as possible. I just wish more people were into it, it needs all the support it can get.
ill probably get it tommorow but i want it so bad right now

LOOK AT MY AVATAR MAN, IM OBSSESSED WITH THIS GAME

IT MAKE ME GO CRAZY

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dave1988 said:
L.O.L.

Konami, fixing real problems with MGO? Oh, you must be kidding! Best joke I heard all day! :lol

Good job, sir!
actually i heard they fixed some exploits mr runyamouth

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So every morning you wake up to the sound of : 'GAKO GAKO GAKO' ? Awesome man.
Yeah, COOLIO is a well known name on the MGO communities.
Thanks for your info man, and for not calling me a 'shotty noob ,git gud'!:lol

Dunk#7

-COOLIO- said:
actually i heard they fixed some exploits mr runyamouth

Please tell me one of them is the CQC (invisible) glitch?

I've played for 300+ hours. I love this game.

If it wasn't for the glitching MGO would be AMAZING.

-COOLIO- look me up

Character name: Dunk
PSN: Dunk7

Level 9
Foxhound

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dunk#7 said:

-COOLIO- look me up

Level 9
Foxhound

i would assume they'd fix that, if they didnt then i dont what fixes everyones talking about

anywayz im getting on now, ill keep an eye out for you Dunk

i wanna try stealth DM and i just realized i probably dont need to buy meme to try it out

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Fersis said:
So every morning you wake up to the sound of : 'GAKO GAKO GAKO' ? Awesome man.
Yeah, COOLIO is a well known name on the MGO communities.
Thanks for your info man, and for not calling me a 'shotty noob ,git gud'!:lol

thats the sound it makes? i havnt actually tested it out yet since i dont have any AAA batteries, so for now it stays on my head.

Dave1988

Dunk#7 said:

-COOLIO- look me up

Level 9
Foxhound

You Euro or US? Remember that MGO is region locked.

Too bad I just booted this game up last week (after several months) to see if the new pack was worth it and the game consisted of the same problems. I almost want it just to have it and give me an excuse to play but I did that with the last one and I never seemed to find games with those maps... how do I do such a thing anyway?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah, glitches were one of the reason why i stopped playing.
Anyone knows how much is the update ? like 100MB ?

-COOLIO- said:
i dont have it yet but appearantly a lot

CQC 3 is a lot more useful, you can disarm more easily, disarm from couching, instant rifle stun people.

new mode called stealth DM not even sure how it works though

new maps: F.F. W.W. and S.S. with ocelot and mei ling

new music tracks: some zoe tracks, the boss music, some acid music

a new skill to do with scanning but you need 250 scans to unlock it. right now all anyone sees is ??? for it

and tournament mode which is ?????? right now

you can also change your clothes and skills between matches

Finally, I've been waiting for this for a while!!
The updates look good, haven't played MGO in a bit, looks like I'll hop on later and give the new expansion a run-about.

PURCHASED!
Looks like I'll finally have a chance to get some reward points so I can update my characters look!

HAHA, I love the message at the end of the MGO Shop purchase
"Thank you very much for your custom."

I want to get back into MGO. Theregion locking is their biggest fuck-up of all imo, it basically ruins the game for me. Still, I do enjoy it and i's cool that they're adding more content.

Dave1988

Ninja Kn1ght said:
I want to get back into MGO. The region locking is their biggest fuck-up of all imo, it basically ruins the game for me. Still, I do enjoy it and i's cool that they're adding more content.

Honestly? Be fucking grateful for it. You do not, I repeat, YOU DO NOT WANT TO MEET THE EURO COMMUNITY. Those fucktards are part of the reason why I came to hate MGO. It's a bummer that we can't play with Japanese players, though. From what I heard they are very nice and polite people who know what "teamwork" means (even completely random player try to act as a team. In Europe it's more like "I'm the goddamn Rambo! Tremble before me and my gigantic e-penis! Scrubby n00b LAGGERS NERDRAAAAAAGEEEE!").

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
AmMortal said:
:lol
Hypnotizing isn't it xD
OMG, no fucking doubt! :lol It became like a hip-hop beat or something after a while.

:lol @ Kojima activating the "!" sound on command, with the clasp of his mighty hands.

I like the fact they are adding new "gear" to the game. The expansions are cool and the new levels look really sweet. Same complaints as everyone else though--the whole online infrastructure they chose really deters from the experience, or what COULD HAVE BEEN. Customization could be a little more in-depth(really want my character to have a full beard) but really, MGO is a fun game if you happen to jump into a good game. If it's full of douchebags, most frustrating MP experience IMO.

-COOLIO-, do you happen to know if Reward Points accumulate marginally over time? The last time I played, I had reward points (after buying GENE) and used them all up. Just logged in again to the shop and had some more points but not once have I participated in a tournament or the like...However, I tend to do so now that MEME is out and there is a tournament -even though I suck hard.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I hope they release a VR Mode as some sort of DLC. I'm itching to play some pure MGS4 gameplay instead of going through the story again.

Speaking of DLC, what has been released for this game up till this point?

Fersis

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I like the fact they are adding new "gear" to the game. The expansions are cool and the new levels look really sweet. Same complaints as everyone else though--the whole online infrastructure they chose really deters from the experience, or what COULD HAVE BEEN. Customization could be a little more in-depth(really want my character to have a full beard) but really, MGO is a fun game if you happen to jump into a good game. If it's full of douchebags, most frustrating MP experience IMO.

-COOLIO-, do you happen to know if Reward Points accumulate marginally over time? The last time I played, I had reward points (after buying GENE) and used them all up. Just logged in again to the shop and had some more points but not once have I participated in a tournament or the like...However, I tend to do so now that MEME is out and there is a tournament -even though I suck hard.
I think that you get 10 points every day you log in. Im not sure tough.
So if you dont have any expansion and you log 100 days maybe you can buy pants.

Dave1988

BlueTsunami said:
I hope they release a VR Mode as some sort of DLC. I'm itching to play some pure MGS4 gameplay instead of going through the story again.

Speaking of DLC, what has been released for this game up till this point?

New Octocamo and Tracks for your IPod [It's in the Extras menu].

Fersis said:
I think that you get 10 points every day you log in. Im not sure tough.
So if you dont have any expansion and you log 100 days maybe you can buy pants.

LOL, that makes sense. I probably got points for buying MEME, obviously...I'll test that login theory out just to see if it really does that. I don't understand why some of the stuff is ridiculous amounts of RP....

-Winnie-

Have they or will they ever make some Survival times that are actually possible for Australians to play? It's a piece of shit that Konami charges us the same as everybody else for GENE, but we can't play Survival unless we wake up at like 3AM or so.

Man, I need to play some MGO - haven't played in months and I know for sure that my skills are still at level 0 (I never really played a whole lot to begin with). I have had the the GENE expansion since it was first available, so maybe I'll create another character.

I'll probably go buy the MEME expansion tonight when I get home.

I'll be picking up meme tomorrow. Any of WASP unit likely to be playing? I still suck by the way.

I just have to say that despite all of MGO's obviousproblems I still have loads of fun with it. It's been prying me away from my latest SP playthrough.

COOLIO, saw your shirt. Really makes you stand out lol.

MGO has to be the worst online game ever. At least laggiest. I love the core game but can't stand watching people roll in place only to appear behind me or start shooting someone on the ground and all of a sudden they're upright CQCing me. It's garbage and I have a good connection (never in the red). I gave it another go... but I think I'm done. Relying on luck to get kills is fucking pathetic.

I kinda wish Konami/Sony/Jesus would advertise this game more for the holidays, pimp out the new MEME expansion, price drop maybe, or perhaps keep MGS4 at the same price but add in the expansions or something. SOMETHING. MGS4 needs holiday attention!

"This Summer's biggest blockbuster is now this Winter's biggest ice...buster?"

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
pix o ma shirt:

VirtuousVista-1.jpg

VirtuousVista_1.jpg

VirtuousVista_2.jpg

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MoonsaultSlayer said:

MGO has to be the worst online game ever. At least laggiest. I love the core game but can't stand watching people roll in place only to appear behind me or start shooting someone on the ground and all of a sudden they're upright CQCing me. It's garbage and I have a good connection (never in the red). I gave it another go... but I think I'm done. Relying on luck to get kills is fucking pathetic.
sweet, is your gaf name the same as your mgo?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MoonsaultSlayer said:

if they released the stand alone with great advertising
fixed the lag issues
changed the konami id system

it could at leaaast convert the socom masses

Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't have time to read 450+ pages right now and the search feature is crapping out on me...

What are the name(s) of the gaf clans in MGO and how can I get involved?

My psn name is aversicles

thank you in advance :D

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
anonymousAversa said:
Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't have time to read 450+ pages right now and the search feature is crapping out on me...

What are the name(s) of the gaf clans in MGO and how can I get involved?

My psn name is aversicles

thank you in advance :D
i think the gaf clans all bit the dirt :(

but if you wanna play with a gaf dude my MGO is COOLIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom