• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Winnie-

Poolman said:
So a lady friend actually taught me how to cook eggs sunny-side-up today, and it was no where nearly as hard as Sunny makes it out to be.

How exactly does she fail so hard?

She's just a kid. Cut her some slack. :lol

Did you guys realise that the official EU trophy cards now have an Old Snake background? They must have added it a couple days ago. Still, I don't think it means MGS4 will get trophies anytime soon, if ever.

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
I liked it better when Ryan was running the show.
So do I but at least they have the volume right in these ones. Only thing that bothered me about the old ones, the audio levels were horrible.

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
I liked it better when Ryan was running the show.

Yeah it's just not the same with the new guy. I think his voice is too monotone.

Ryan had a bit of an awkward lack of confidence in his voice on the podcasts but I think people identified with things he had to say and he was entertaining in more of a hip kinda way.

shpankey

not an idiot
i was thinking about re-playing through this great game again. does anyone know if they've added anymore of those podcasts inside the game? i loved that one that was already in it. listened to it like 10 times.

shpankey said:
i was thinking about re-playing through this great game again. does anyone know if they've added anymore of those podcasts inside the game? i loved that one that was already in it. listened to it like 10 times.

They added plenty. No Ryan Payton but yeah.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Will the game be patched for trophies? One of my friends swears blind Kojima said it will be but it's already been out for ages. I've bought the game and will be playing it soon but don't want to start again if it gets patched. Can anyone confirm?

Oni Jazar

Geezer said:
Will the game be patched for trophies? One of my friends swears blind Kojima said it will be but it's already been out for ages. I've bought the game and will be playing it soon but don't want to start again if it gets patched. Can anyone confirm?

Your friend is lying.

The only thing even close to a confirmation is buried in a PS Blog comment where a Konami rep responded to the endless cries of MGO login clusterfuck and MGS4 trophies with a "we hear you" response.

hirokazu

Oni Jazar said:
Your friend is lying.

The only thing even close to a confirmation is buried in a PS Blog comment where a Konami rep responded to the endless cries of MGO login clusterfuck and MGS4 trophies with a "we hear you" response.
Basically, we hear you but we don't care, so STFU.

Darkpen

Banned
Blablurn said:
does anyone follow the latest episodes of the Kojima Productions Podcast?

http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/

they reached episode 90 this week.

topic of the week:

EDIT: WTF is wrong with the co-host. she constantly makes "ah ah ah", "mmmh" and "right".

wtf, this is annoying.
oh wow, I just noticed they started making podcasts again. Kind of a surprise.

I haven't listened to it yet, but my guess is that she's just one of those kind of people who have to make some sort of sound or word for affirmation. Its a habitual thing, and can really mess you up when you're talking to someone who does this and you're not used to it, but eh. Will listen, though.

edit: just finished listening. Yeah... it was what I expected based on your complaint. Well, at least you're not the one talking. Some people have a habit of doing that for whatever speech reason. It can be annoying, but I liked that it didn't affect him at all, so at least its not affecting the show too negatively or anything.

Spiegel

BigBoss said:
New Kojima Productions Report, expect KP to have a big presence at E3.

I'm expecting the announcement of, at least, two new games.
It's been more than 2 years since their last portable game (Lunar Knighs - DS and MGS:pO - PSP were released in late '06) and there's also the *next* MGS (PS3-only?, 360/PS3?).

NeoUltima

Philanthropist said:
Kojima said to expect a game announcement at E3. The second one may be announced at TGS.
Damn I almost forgot about that...
2yovpk3.gif

kuYuri

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I would love to see some VR missions as DLC for MGS4. With leaderboards, it'd be great.

Also there's about a thousand small changes I want made to MGO, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Most of all I just wish that headshots weren't the only shots that count. Sneaking mode is the most creative thing I've even seen in an online shooter, but I never wanna play when I remember how annoying it is to kill a person even when you sneak up on them.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Never played an MGS in my life until a month ago, beat 1, 2, 3 over the last few weeks and finally started 4 yesterday. I finally understand the hype this series gets. It's absolutely incredible. Really liking 4 so far but in the end I think 3 will end up being my favorite. The game oozed so much atmosphere, so much emotion. It also helps I'm a complete Bond freak.

I also realized something really interesting. Had I been a fan following the series throughout the years, until MGS4 the last time I would have played as Solid Snake was in 2001, 7 years ago! That's a pretty long time to wait to play the main character of a series.

Anyway, if this game were to have trophies announced I think it would be the most perfect title on the PS3 by far.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
-COOLIO- said:
im sure with kojima and a japanese company in general it wouldnt be as generic as you think.

if he did make an fps i wonder if it'd be for the wii or ps3.

Probably PS3/360.

-COOLIO- said:
is it probably an fps?

He's said that he's currently directing two games. One is going to be made in the same way KojiPro has made their previous games (this one will be announced first) and the second one will be the new KojiPro that develops games with the overseas market in mind.

DualX

-COOLIO- said:
is it probably an fps?
360 gets a version MGO - Snake vs Soldiers
Soldiers are in FPS view
Snake keeps his 3rd person view
Graphics are updated to that of the very first trailer shown for the game

This version also includes tons of VR missions in addition to a boss fight mode which allows battles from all of the bosses from the Solid series up to the 4th game.

Make it happen Kojima!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom