• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
tass0 said:
Great post. I agree, MGS4 is a joke for a Metal Gear game. But we must accept it, our beloved franchise is turning into shit. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and Rising? No thank you...

Peace Walker's demo had more interesting gameplay than the entirety of MGS4.

tass0

Banned
autobzooty said:

Why what? Do you really expect me, a huge MGS fan, to be interested in fucking "Lightning Bolt Action" that stars robot Raiden for some reason?

And with Peace Walker, looks great for a PSP game, but with all this co-op bullshit it's just not Metal Gear for me bro.

Darkpen said:
One of the biggest flaws of MGS4 is that they never explain that the significance of neutral or blue/green names, versus red names. Put a controller infront of someone who didn't follow MGS4 preview coverage, and they'll kill the militia. Guaranteed. Not only that, but they will run and gun, and ultimately, that's what Very Easy and Easy is for. Its impossible to watch someone play that way when they're clearly not doing it to clown around, and its their honest approach to how they assume to play the game.
Yeah I had to explain that to my brother because he was killing the militia.

Darkpen said:
Wow, so basically you're throwing shit at the wall just because it was nice and clean? Screw you, man. You can take your drama back to TUS. We already had our share of arguments in this thread, and the official thread has remained as a place to post your LTTP thoughts and small bits of news rather than a place to rage like an idiot.

Yes, MGS4 isn't the best game ever, but screw you. I'm not even going to read your entire post. Just glancing over it makes me lose brain cells. This isn't GameFAQs, bro. Take that shit and gtfo.

If you're not going to take the time to read my post, which clearly states some major problems with MGS4, why are you taking the time to bitch me out?

It makes you look like an ignorant asshole. You can't just bitch someone out and not even read what they had to say first. It doesn't work like that.

Welcome to the real world. Comon courtesy called; it wants to know why you're late for the party.

tass0 said:
Why what? Do you really expect me, a huge MGS fan, to be interested in fucking "Lightning Bolt Action" that stars robot Raiden for some reason?

And with Peace Walker, looks great for a PSP game, but with all this co-op bullshit it's just not Metal Gear for me bro.

we haven't seen a single second of gameplay from Rising yet, and coop is completely optional in Peace Walker. If you play the demo, you'll find that the single player is more than good enough on its own. it just sounds like you're looking for reasons to hate the series now.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
tass0 said:

Yup. It's too bad Metal Gear isn't as pretentious and non-sensical as it used to bejust so it can appeal to a more diverse/wider audience. I still (and always will) consider MGS2 as the greatest game of all time with 3, PO, 4 non-canon. God I fucking hate those games.

[dream]
Dear Kojima,

Please make a sequel to MGS2

Thank you.

[/dream]

Okay, enough. Us "haters" will hate while the rest "enjoy".

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Johnny Sasaki said:
I don't think I'm special, I bumped it for a little drama. We get WAY too much of it over at TUS and I was seeing none of it here. So I attempted to add some. It worked.

*snip*
Each one of your gripes has already been discussed to death, in this thread and all over GAF. Many, many people agree with your sentiment. A lot of those points are valid, some I agree with wholeheartedly...

But omg you're delusional. You didn't "add" anything :lol . If you'd bother to read even the last couple of pages, you'd know the hate brigade is strong with this game. Give me a break, dude.

Seiken said:
What? The most amazing, dramatic video game experience in my 20 year old life.

1. You musn't play very many video games. Or watch very many movies.

2. I didn't say it wasn't dramatic, because thats another thing I forgot to mention that sucked about MGS4. Everything was way way way way way way way to fucking overly dramatic.

3. With all the possible tech we have, who the fuck would put a microwave tunnel anywhere?

And that's what I mean't by microwave tunnel? Cheesy, and not thought out very well.

Why don't they just have sharks with freakin laser-beams attached to their heads?

But omg you're delusional. You didn't "add" anything . If you'd bother to read even the last couple of pages, you'd know the hate brigade is strong with this game. Give me a break, dude.

I can't be bothered. I saw 25 thousand comments and said fuck that. I glanced at this page a I recall maybe looking at the last page and saw nothing within the realm of "FUCK MGS4" so I thought I'd add a little for shits and giggles to see how many people would actually respond in argument.

The points I made are all valid however.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Johnny Sasaki said:

2. I didn't say it wasn't dramatic, because thats another thing I forgot to mention that sucked about MGS4. Everything was way way way way way way way to fucking overly dramatic.

3. With all the possible tech we have, who the fuck would put a microwave tunnel anywhere?

And that's what I mean't by microwave tunnel? Cheesy, and not thought out very well.

Why don't they just have sharks with freakin laser-beams attached to their heads?

Mark 3 plus microwave tunnel equals no need for Snake to even go in. Foxalive:lol

...must resist of continuing post...

Get out of my mind Liquid!

EDIT- Sad thing is that I own 5 copies of MGS4:lol

Johnny Sasaki said:
I've misspent countless hours of my life arguing about the most inane and pointless minutiae of a fictional universe and now I'm a bit older it's become obvious what a complete waste of time and energy it all was and I've become very bitter as a result.

Fixed.

Johnny Sasaki said:

They put a fucking microwave tunnel in there because it's fucking badass and emotional. Not sure why this isn't enough for most people. Why in the face of all the technology we have should there be a giant slow moving clumsy robot that shoots nukes? Because it's cool and makes for a neat final boss.

Metal Gear's story and writing is no masterpiece, but if you just ALLOW yourself to take it seriously, I think you might actually have some fun. *GASP*

Liquidus said:
Mark 3 plus microwave tunnel equals no need for Snake to even go in.

Snake had to fight off the little robots while the defenseless Mark III installed the thingy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Johnny Sasaki said:
The points I made are all valid however.
Johnny Sasaki said:
Yeah, valid points. Right.
Johnny Sasaki said:
I'm pretty sure I've played and seen more games/movies than you in my life.

freethought said:

You probably think you're funny or original, but the fact is I normally refrain from arguing about MGS4. It's futile.

And I laugh at your attempt to imply my lack of life while you sit here and comment on a 1000 year old thread on a game forum. Shouldn't you be out bangin' hoes if you're so cool?

Like I said, I was bored and wanted to see how many jackoffs would actually respond in anger. Get over yourself.

Johnny Sasaki said:
You probably think you're funny or original, but the fact is I normally refrain from arguing about MGS4. It's futile.

And I laugh at your attempt to imply my lack of life while you sit here and comment on a 1000 year old thread on a game forum. Shouldn't you be out bangin' hoes if you're so cool?

Like I said, I was bored and wanted to see how many jackoffs would actually respond in anger. Get over yourself.

That's the second time you've openly admitted to trolling. I don't think your stay at GAF will be a long one.

JayDub

I hope the mods that be don't ban Johnny. I've yet to see opinions so polarized for a game before. Its either love it, or absolutely hate it.

I say, if you don't like the negative opinions, offer your counter argument. As far as Im concerned, the only childish people here are the ones who trash Johnny or fill their posts with countless ":lol"

EDIT: Nevermind Johnny, you let them get to you and admitted to trolling. Anyways, how do people on this thread classify "trolling." Is it "negative opinions"?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Johnny Sasaki said:

:lol I take it all back, you are one bad ass snob! I'll give you that!

Johnny Sasaki said:

Bangin' hoes? Really? :lol Junior member indeed.

Yoshichan

_leech_ said:
You sure convinced me.
Same; brb while I throw my copy in the garbage can.

Seiken said:
Yeah, valid points. Right.

I'm pretty sure I've played and seen more games/movies than you in my life.

You hold your tongue. I've seen and played them all. With the exception of maybe final fantasy and doom or WoW cuz they all reak of nerd.

JayDub said:
I hope the mods that be don't ban Johnny. I've yet to see opinions so polarized for a game before. Its either love it, or absolutely hate it.

I say, if you don't like the negative opinions, offer your counter argument. As far as Im concerned, the only childish people here are the ones who trash Johnny or fill their posts with countless ":lol"

People aren't mad because they disagree with him, they're mad because he came in here for the purpose of making people angry. He's a troll.

But moving on from this, I do find it interesting to see this huge rift in between the MGS fans. It really is love or hate. Both sides of the fence are legit, I just don't know what to say on the subject anymore. Personally, I think that the point of MGS4 was to conclude the series, but many people wanted the point to be to make the next true sequel in the MGS series. Whether or not you like the game, it's obviously a huge departure from what the fans were used to. I guess everyone was either pleasantly or horribly surprised. :lol

Yoshichan

Johnny Sasaki said:
With the exception of maybe final fantasy and doom or WoW cuz they all reak of nerd.
This +
Shouldn't you be out bangin' hoes if you're so cool?
EDIT:
PLUS this:
Samfishercopy2-2.jpg

Makes you my favorite member on GAF :lol

Johnny Sasaki said:
I guess nobody on the internet understands humor? If you didn't understand I was obviously joking, you fail at life and should quit now.
And with that, we can finally rest and confirm that you're from GameFAQs :D

autobzooty said:
People aren't mad because they disagree with him, they're mad because he came in here for the purpose of making people angry. He's a troll.

Sure, but the big difference between me and a normal troll, is I actually make a good argument. The only reason I would be considered trolling is because I'm still bringing it up NOW, lol.

autobzooty said:
That's the second time you've openly admitted to trolling. I don't think your stay at GAF will be a long one.

I realise that, have you seen my post count? I'm not exactly a frequent flyer.

EDIT: Nevermind Johnny, you let them get to you

How so? I'm not angry. Nerds are fun.

So are smilies. :lol :lol :lol :D :D :D

After all, this is what I wanted right? lol

WilyRook

brandonh83 said:
I could ask a slew of questions like this about pretty much every single videogame I've ever played.

Would that make a good thread? "Inane Inventions of Videogames" or something. I'd read it.

YoungHav said:
No trophies no bump.

Come off it. Nobodies ever gonna see the fact that you wasted your time replaying the game to gain some sort of interweb cock inlargment anyway. If you want achievements, get an Xbox. It's better anyway.

And please don't reply saying something about how MGS4 isn't on Xbox, because I don't think I'll be able to take it. I might cry.

Btw, I don't troll much, but I would assume it's fun for the first couple people that reply in horror, but the following 40 kutrillion just remind you how dumb the average person actually is. And it's becoming alarming.

Johnny Sasaki said:
Come off it. Nobodies ever gonna see the fact that you wasted your time replaying the game to gain some sort of interweb cock inlargment anyway. If you want achievements, get an Xbox. It's better anyway.

And please don't reply saying something about how MGS4 isn't on Xbox, because I don't think I'll be able to take it. I might cry.

Btw, I don't troll much --

this is where i loled :lol

sonicmj1

Johnny Sasaki said:

Btw, I don't troll much, but I would assume it's fun for the first couple people that reply in horror, but the following 40 kutrillion just remind you how dumb the average person actually is. And it's becoming alarming.

The thing is, there are plenty of threads out there besides the official thread that exist almost solely to hate on MGS4. Like this thread. Or this one. Or you could even make your own.

The Official Thread currently serves a pretty specialized purpose, and hating on the game over a year after release (as reasonable a position as that may be) isn't really a part of that.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
That was the lamest account suicide I've seen in a while.

YoungHav said:
No trophies no bump.
I've come to terms with the no trophy thing. I'm getting the rest of the emblems with a clear conscience.

Yoshichan

Strider2K99 said:
:lol @ people still waiting for a trophy patch.
Dude, Lemmings got a trophy patch just recently and that was a release title.

ahuahuhauhauhuahuha

www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18098970&posted=1

Lol, I was trolling and they banned me? Good story huh?

You guys gonna ban me too? lol

Btw, I hope that's the right link, as I can't actually view it on my computer due to the fact I am now banned.

If you're a member over at Neogaf, feel free to enjoy my rants. They go on for a few pages. ;) I feel as though it's actually a pretty entertaining read, whilst still making some valid points in the process.

For the record, I was actually trolling though. I really just wanted to see how many people would flip shit.

Hilarity ensues.

-Winnie-

I'm still quite surprised that there wasn't an MGS4 expansion announced at TGS. Seemed like the logical thing to do.

Actually... I wonder whether MGS4 would benefit from the RE5 motion control treatment. Another possible extra to add to an expansion, I guess. :O

YoungHav

Banned
Johnny Sasaki said:

:lol. I actually do not care if people see my trophies/achievements. I personally like them for me, and they give games extra challenge and more replay value.

Zen

Banned
Metal Gear Online continues to be awesome and, shockingly, has just as many people playing it now as there were 8 months ago.

Just felt like mentioning that.

How I wish it was locked 60FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom