• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungHav

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
:lol @ people still waiting for a trophy patch.
:lol I can't help it. Kojipro/Kojima have never outright told us "no and stfu". IIRC, Kojima himself said a few months ago something along the lines of no comment or can't speak on that.

That bastard Kojima must lead his mistresses on for years, rather than being up front and telling them that he'd never leave his wife. I swear to God if the game ever gets a trophy patch I will print out his picture, build a makeshift altar and set some animal flesh on fire as an offering. Old Testament style.

-COOLIO- said:
BEST VIDEOGAME EVER

seriously, I have no idea how anyone could call MGS4 a bad game. You can rate it lower than specific other MGS games just like not everyone likes every FF title (besides the fact that all are very good games), but anything else is just ridicules.

related example:
I hate the GTA4 hype because it's just not THAT good (e.g. because of that it still has the best average rating of all PS3 games, wth) but I would never consider it a bad game.

BlueWord

-COOLIO- said:
BEST VIDEOGAME EVER

Well, not the best EVER, but I really don't understand the hate this game gets. It's definitely a different beast from the other MGS games, but that's not necessarily a bad thing; actually, as my love of this game indicates, it was, in my opinion, quite the opposite. I just wish the game had been longer.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Shikashi said:
Dude, after 1 year and a few months, I think it's pretty safe to assume it's bullshit and the Trophies patch is not coming. Replay the game, but don't bother getting the emblems.

Capcom/Grin released a trophy patch for a small game like BC:R like a year after it's release, so why not? In any case, I'll wait a little longer. I have other games to play, and maybe I'll luck out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
highluxury said:
Come here and say that again you son of a bitch >8[

On topic, the ONLY thing that would sway back to MGS4 would be ZA TROPHIES.
Now that we're in this thread again, Highlux... do you remember when you and me and some other dude were in the Killzone 2-E3-IRC-channel and hyped the fuck out of MGS4? I think it was you at least. We stayed in that channel for a month or so after the E3 :lol

Hypereides

Gold Member
Seiken said:
Now that we're in this thread again, Highlux... do you remember when you and me and some other dude were in the Killzone 2-E3-IRC-channel and hyped the fuck out of MGS4? I think it was you at least. We stayed in that channel for a month or so after the E3 :lol

Good times bro, good times.

I would say more about MGS4 but... this isnt the right topic for it ;D

rvy

Banned
Well, this has certainly suffered some changes since my last post discussing the horrible lack of Chaff grenades... :lol

highluxury said:

On topic, the ONLY thing that would make me sway back to MGS4 would be ZA TROPHIES.

As much as I want this, I already accepted the fact that it won't happen.

Also I didn't post much on this thread but I'll post this now and I just wanna say that the
Vamp boss
fight was very badly designed because
you need to use CQC and the CQC combat in MGS is crap

Okay, anyone else noticed this: (slight ACT3 spoilers ahead)

When you are following the resistance member, he stops to take a leak. At least at that point, you can see the robot trenchcoat dude following you if you look in the right direction. I was taking a photo of the dude (hah) and suddently saw that damn coat thing. It even showed up in my photo, I wonder if you could shoot it.

MGS4 is awesome!

jett

D-Member
PetriP-TNT said:
Okay, anyone else noticed this: (slight ACT3 spoilers ahead)

When you are following the resistance member, he stops to take a leak. At least at that point, you can see the robot trenchcoat dude following you if you look in the right direction. I was taking a photo of the dude (hah) and suddently saw that damn coat thing. It even showed up in my photo, I wonder if you could shoot it.

MGS4 is awesome!

I've tried doing this, but I've never managed to see the robot guy.

jett said:

I noticed "him" (IIRC you could already see that it's not a normal human) following me in my very first playthrough because I looked back at the guards I just sneaked by. (so keep it mind it was quite a suspense atmosphere in this level anyway)
I was SHOCKED :lol "WTF... WHO or WHAT is this?! WHY is he/it following me while I follow the other dude, damn you Kojimaaaa!" :lol

-viper-

Banned
highluxury said:

On topic, the ONLY thing that would make me sway back to MGS4 would be ZA TROPHIES.
stop crying. they're only trophies.

I find it pretty sad that you won't play a game because it lacks trophies. Seriously, who gives a shit? Why don't you just.. you know... play the game for fun, they way it should be played? Personally I don't like trophies. I'd rather have the option of completely turning off the trophy system if it was my way. I'd rather play the game start to finish without any crappy notifications telling me I unlocked something completely meaningless.

Imagine this scenario (in real life):
Person A: You played MGS4 lately?
Person B: I REFUSE! IT DOESN'T INCLUDE TROPHIES!

seems ridiculous eh?

edit: Don't take this the wrong way. Not directed to you specifically. :p

jett said:
334hogh.jpg

why 'ello thar

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
PetriP-TNT said:
http://i37.tinypic.com/334hogh.jpg[img]

why 'ello thar[/QUOTE]Nice, never got to see it myself while playing.

Actually looks kinda creepy.

polyh3dron said:
That's more like it. Fucking nattering nabobs of negativity ruining our thread...

GRRRRRR

yeah, the negative nancy's took over this thread a long time ago. it's a shame too, cos i could gush about how much i love this game forever.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
autobzooty said:
he followed you into resistance HQ, forcing everyone to run away with Big Boss's body. it was a pivotal plot point.

Wasn't "he" just a clusterfuck of those little robots? I remember the coat opening up and all those little bots running out, but maybe that was a dream I had.
[

Darkpen

Banned
oh my, sasaki's banned... :lol

but in case you're reading, in response to your quote, no, your post is still too stupid-looking to even remotely take seriously.

Snuggler said:
Wasn't "he" just a clusterfuck of those little robots? I remember the coat opening up and all those little bots running out, but maybe that was a dream I had.
[

no you're right. take a look at the feet in the screenshot posted above and you'll be able to tell.

vehn

autobzooty said:
no you're right. take a look at the feet in the screenshot posted above and you'll be able to tell.

Doh, I was at work and the pic was blocked so didn't know it was that guy >.>

YoungHav

Banned
-viper- said:
stop crying. they're only trophies.

I find it pretty sad that you won't play a game because it lacks trophies. Seriously, who gives a shit? Why don't you just.. you know... play the game for fun, they way it should be played? Personally I don't like trophies. I'd rather have the option of completely turning off the trophy system if it was my way. I'd rather play the game start to finish without any crappy notifications telling me I unlocked something completely meaningless.

Imagine this scenario (in real life):
Person A: You played MGS4 lately?
Person B: I REFUSE! IT DOESN'T INCLUDE TROPHIES!

seems ridiculous eh?

edit: Don't take this the wrong way. Not directed to you specifically. :p
I think everyone and there mama has played MGS4. We just don't want to be midway through a playthrough only to have a trophy patch come and have to start over again. I'd rather play OTHER games then be stuck in that scenario, so I'll save a 2nd playthrough until Kojipro grows some balls and give a definite answer.

SolidusDave said:
Never saw him in this area because in most cases I was disguised as the statue the resistance member pisses on :/ ^^

I think this post has captured the essence of Metal Gear better than anything I've ever read about the series.

ronito

so I just got passed the Frog Unit fight with Meryl's team.

Sorta surprised at how different this game is in comparison to all the other MGS....not sure if want.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ronito said:
so I just got passed the Frog Unit fight with Meryl's team.

Sorta surprised at how different this game is in comparison to all the other MGS....not sure if want.
You want it, trust me. Keep playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom