• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks

Posting it again, got lost in the bottom of last page.
34h9r39.jpg

brandonh83 said:
Niks, that

IS AWESOME.

just try www.tinypic.com

It resizes it to 1600x900 :(

Sallokin

Deepblue said:
Yeah, but deagles are fairly ineffective combat weapons to begin with. 50 cal is overkill, amunition is harder to find, and the kick makes any shots you wish to fire in quick succession completely useless. Putting a scope (which obstructs the irons) and match grade barrel on there only kills any CQC use the weapon might have had to begin with. Still, they look pretty and make a big bang. :)

For sure man, for sure. They're more show guns than anything in my opinion. Fun to shoot on the range though. I'll take my 1911 any day.

Deepblue

Banned
Sallokin said:
For sure man, for sure. They're more show guns than anything in my opinion. Fun to shoot on the range though. I'll take my 1911 any day.
Ah, the 1911. Now there's a weapon worth its salt.
4423_colt_1911m..jpg

If there's one thing I want MGS4 for, it's the weapon fetishism.

rikichi said:
10 mo motha-fukin days mang!

I'm cutting it close... in that I should be getting my first paycheck from my new job, oh, about 3 days before the game comes out :lol

I have $50 of the LE paid off, and just got out of college for the summer with no money, so yeah. I was a little worried but thankfully I got hired on the spot the other day, so crisis averted.

Zyzyxxz

Deepblue said:
Yeah, but deagles are fairly ineffective combat weapons to begin with. 50 cal is overkill, amunition is harder to find, and the kick makes any shots you wish to fire in quick succession completely useless. Putting a scope (which obstructs the irons) and match grade barrel on there only kills any CQC use the weapon might have had to begin with. Still, they look pretty and make a big bang. :)

i was thinking the same thing.

Why the hell are they using XM8's as well? I know its a good weapon but its ugly as hell and its already being put on the backburner by HK.

I can't wait to use the M14 EBR, god that weapon is sex.

Deepblue

Banned
Zyzyxxz said:

Why the hell are they using XM8's as well? I know its a good weapon but its ugly as hell and its already being put on the backburner by HK.

M14s are wonderful. My time spent with CoD4 and the ensuing bs was almost vindicated by that thing.

rikichi

brandonh83 said:
I'm cutting it close... in that I should be getting my first paycheck from my new job, oh, about 3 days before the game comes out :lol

I have $50 of the LE paid off, and just got out of college for the summer with no money, so yeah. I was a little worried but thankfully I got hired on the spot the other day, so crisis averted.

thats awesome dude.

i've been working, and the best news for me is that i didnt have to take a day off work on the 12th or 13th cuz hideo and the gang will be coming to SF on the 14th.

rikichi said:
thats awesome dude.

i've been working, and the best news for me is that i didnt have to take a day off work on the 12th or 13th cuz hideo and the gang will be coming to SF on the 14th.

I so wish I could make that. Ugh. I would almost pay someone $200 or more to get me a signed copy. No shit. I'm sure there'll be some on ebay for like $4000 though :lol

Acid08

Banned
I'm thinking of going to reserve a regular edition along with my personal LE. Getting both signed and selling the other signed one here on Gaf.

rikichi

brandonh83 said:
I so wish I could make that. Ugh. I would almost pay someone $200 or more to get me a signed copy. No shit. I'm sure there'll be some on ebay for like $4000 though :lol

i wouldnt mind gettin one for you man, but i HIGHLY doubt they would allow more than 1 copy to be signed.

just dont be crazy enough to buy some signed shit on ebay, cuz that will cost ya.

rikichi said:
i wouldnt mind gettin one for you man, but i HIGHLY doubt they would allow more than 1 copy to be signed.

just dont be crazy enough to buy some signed shit on ebay, cuz that will cost ya.

yeah. just drives me mad, having to miss stuff like that. I wish it would have been announced earlier so I could have had more time to make plans.

Acid08

Banned
On another note I hate the Playstation Store in the Metreon. There's never anyone buying a game there and it's always pretty empty. I hope the events there are better though. It would also be nice to find out what time specifically KojiPro is getting there so I know what time to show up.

rikichi

Acid08 said:
On another note I hate the Playstation Store in the Metreon. There's never anyone buying a game there and it's always pretty empty. I hope the events there are better though. It would also be nice to find out what time specifically KojiPro is getting there so I know what time to show up.

i agree, dont really like the metreon store either.

i'm waiting for the time too, just so i can be there a couple hours beforehand.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
anyone know how to change a credit card number on gamestop.com? I pre-ordered the LE 2 months ago with a card that expires in June. I already activated the new card, but have no way to change it in my order history. It's the same number, just a different exp date. Hopefully it still goes through.

Ganondorfo

I hope we will get a boss fight like psycho mantis/the sorrow or vamp from sons of liberty.

And I hope the final boss fight will be as epic as the fight against liquid snake in metal gear solid 1.

I doubt that koijima will ever make a genius boss fight like the end, but I hope I will be surprised in mgs4.

rikichi

brandonh83 said:
yeah. just drives me mad, having to miss stuff like that. I wish it would have been announced earlier so I could have had more time to make plans.

too bad.

maybe next time man.

although that might take quite awhile.

Anyone have any idea when we might get word on if the Japanese language version of the Asian release has English subtitles or not? Last I heard the Japanese version had been confirmed to be lacking English subs (what the hell for, Ryan? Answer me!), but I can't preorder a US Special Edition until I know for sure that there's no such thing as a copy I could play minus David Hayter's woeful Clint Eastwood impersonation.

VaLiancY

Zyzyxxz said:

I think the XM8 is still being "developed". It was handed back forth between different American and European companies but its still in testing phases. Yes, it is ugly and I use to think an Acog or Reddot could save a gun but not the XM8.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Sallokin said:
Reserved and paid for. Can't wait for Friday.
im looking at your avatars and i could swear you two are having a codec conversation

edit: wait you werent talking to the dude above you : (

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
VaLiancY said:
I think the XM8 is still being "developed". It was handed back forth between different American and European companies but its still in testing phases. Yes, it is ugly and I use to think an Acog or Reddot could save a gun but not the XM8.

I believe the XM8 was the choice to replace the M4, until they decided not to. I even remember them talking about building an H&K factory not far from where I lived in Columbus....that would have been a sweet place to work...oh well.

10 days.

Sallokin

VaLiancY said:

I really like the sniper and SMG variations you can see here. I think it has potential, but I personally like the M4.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Sallokin said:
Reserved and paid for. Can't wait for Friday.

I suppose I should pre-order it myself. :D I am going to post a ton of metal gear stuff on markman's pick up thread on thursday. I've also bought some MGS related stull on ebay, hopefully they arrive before the game comes out.

Sallokin

neojubei said:
I suppose I should pre-order it myself. :D I am going to post a ton of metal gear stuff on markman's pick up thread on thursday. I've also bought some MGS related stull on ebay, hopefully they arrive before the game comes out.

I've gone nuts recently. I bought all the 20th anniversary figures, the headset, the LE strategy guide, the LE game, JP OST, and PS1 VR Missions. Not to mention I made my own MGS4 posters a few months back.

zombi

This quarter ends June 12th, so I was worried until I looked at my final schedule, last final on the 11th!!!!! FUCK YES to a midnight launch (if my store is doing one.....)

Sallokin said:
I've gone nuts recently. I bought all the 20th anniversary figures, the headset, the LE strategy guide, the LE game, JP OST, and PS1 VR Missions. Not to mention I made my own MGS4 posters a few months back.

Did you see the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Official Kitchen Sink someone is selling on ebay?

dmshaposv

BTW am I the only one who wants a game with a more tense pot-boiler type plot like the original MGS, along with much of its feel?

I liked MGS2 and the whole patriots sub-plot, but I really wish that MGS4 turns out more like MGS than MGS2. All things point out that MGS4 will be more in the vein of MGS2 (as MGS3 was a more of a personal journey like how MGS was).

I'm fine with that, but I'd like those poetic moments when snake would listen to the last words of his dying enemies, and how MGS combined both the aspects of a politcal thriller and a lament of the horrors of war. I see these aspects could be realised with the globe-trotting chase to get to liquid and the beauty and the beast unit, however I feel that Kojima has been losing his touch with the series and just not been able to re-create the tight narrative of the first game.

Still here is hoping that he is able to re-create the magic of MGS1, but also filling in the gaps of the MGS2 sub-plots.

Yoboman

dmshaposv said:
BTW am I the only one who wants a game with a more tense pot-boiler type plot like the original MGS, along with much of its feel?

I liked MGS2 and the whole patriots sub-plot, but I really wish that MGS4 turns out more like MGS than MGS2. All things point out that MGS4 will be more in the vein of MGS2 (as MGS3 was a more of a personal journey like how MGS was).

I'm fine with that, but I'd like those poetic moments when snake would listen to the last words of his dying enemies, and how MGS combined both the aspects of a politcal thriller and a lament of the horrors of war. I see these aspects could be realised with the globe-trotting chase to get to liquid and the beauty and the beast unit, however I feel that Kojima has been losing his touch with the series and just not been able to re-create the tight narrative of the first game.

Still here is hoping that he is able to re-create the magic of MGS1, but also filling in the gaps of the MGS2 sub-plots.
Yeah I'm sure there will be nothing personal in the final mission of Old Snake

jdnation

Banned
buckfutter said:
Anyone have any idea when we might get word on if the Japanese language version of the Asian release has English subtitles or not? Last I heard the Japanese version had been confirmed to be lacking English subs (what the hell for, Ryan? Answer me!), but I can't preorder a US Special Edition until I know for sure that there's no such thing as a copy I could play minus David Hayter's woeful Clint Eastwood impersonation.

It has been confirmed that the Japanese language version will not have english subtitles. Apparently there's not enough room on the blu-ray disc...

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
One of the earliest things Kojima talked about was the fact that you could (small spoiler already revealed by Kojima)
either save or kill the bosses in the Beauty And The Beast Corps.
I wonder if that feature is still in because no review is talking about it. I hope it wasn't removed or never implemented. Anyone knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom