• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kagari said:
Wrong, he is.

Well, you never know cause sometimes certain Gamestop/EBGames employee just babble random shit when they are confused/trying_to_be_badass.

My last week encounter. Friday, 8:45PM:

Me: Hi, i need to cancel my preorder. My phone number is ***-***-****.
Employee 1: Metal Gear Solid 4? Any reason for cancellation?

Me: Yeah. I'm going to NYC to get it signed by Hideo Kojima!
Employee 1: Oh Cool!
Employee 2: *whispers to employee 1* Who's Hideo Kojima?

Employee 1: Do you have a piece of ID?
Me: Yes, I do. Here you go.

Employee 1: Hmm.. From the looks of it, you have paid full money for the game. Do you have reciept?
Me: Actually No. I pre-ordered 2 copies of GTA4 and 1 copy of MGS4 on March 20th via Credit Card and my reciept was taken from me when i picked up the copies of GTA4

Employee 2: Well, I'm sorry but we can only provide you store credit.
Me: But i need my money. I know the exact time and date on when i paid it. I'm pretty sure everything is in your record. I even have the credit card through which i paid it, and i can also bring my Bank Statement to prove it.

Employee 1: I'm sorry but i can't do anything.
Me: Are you serious? Can i talk to the manager by any chance to confirm this policy?

Employee 1: Sorry, the manager isn't here.
Me: ....

Employee 2: You can try calling customer service. They will help you.
Me: (I'm already here! Why should i call customer service!?) Sure. What's the number?​

I take the number and leave the store while dialing them. Customer service puts me on a 10 minute hold to a MIDI version of "Legend of Zelda" theme.

Friday: 9:00PM:

EB Rep: EB Games Customer Service. How may i help you?
Me: Hi, I preordered MGS4 few months ago and i want to cancel my preorder but the employees at the store can only provide me store credit. I asked for my money back and they hit me with your phone number.

EB Rep: Sir, there is nothing we can do cause we can't see your record. You have to talk to the employees at the store.
Me: But the store is closed. What do you want me to do?

EB Rep: Well... As i said, i can't help you. Is there anything else i can do for you?
Me: No. Thanks. Have a good night!​

Tuesday: 4:00PM:

Me: Hi. I was here last week and i wanted to get my preorder canceled but the employee working at that time said i can only get store credit for i don't have my reciept on me. Here's the credit card statement to show the transaction exchange.
Employee 1: Do you have piece of ID?

Me: Yes. Here you go.
Employee 1: Well... that's all you need!

Me: ...
Employee 1: Can i have your credit card?

Me: Sure.
Employee 1: *swipes the card. Transaction Approved* Just sign here and here. Why are you cancelling the preorder btw?

Me: Cause I'm getting it signed by Hideo Kojima at NYC on June 11th.
Employee 1: Really?!! Nice!! *talks to the other employee* Hey! I'm taking next week off!! Hideo Kojima is coming to NYC!

Employee 2: Who?​

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
shagg_187 said:
I take the number and leave the store while dialing them. Customer service puts me on a 10 minute hold to a MIDI version of "Legend of Zelda" theme.
:lol :lol :lol

Stop telling people you are going to see Hideo in NY - you know what I mean.

shagg_187 said:
Employee 1: Really?!! Nice!! *talks to the other employee* Hey! I'm taking next week off!! Hideo Kojima is coming to NYC!

Employee 2: Who?[/INDENT]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's 00:05 :D!

10 days left!

Quincey

Banned
i really need to get a ps3 for this game. I am now officially accepting donations. PM with the amount you want to donate and i will provide you with and address to send the checks.

jdnation

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Well, you never know cause sometimes certain Gamestop/EBGames employee just babble random shit when they are confused/trying_to_be_badass.

Employee 1: Hmm.. From the looks of it, you have paid full money for the game. Do you have reciept?
Me: Actually No. I pre-ordered 2 copies of GTA4 and 1 copy of MGS4 on March 20th via Credit Card and my reciept was taken from me when i picked up the copies of GTA4

Me: But i need my money. I know the exact time and date on when i paid it. I'm pretty sure everything is in your record. I even have the credit card through which i paid it, and i can also bring my Bank Statement to prove it.

Me: Are you serious? Can i talk to the manager by any chance to confirm this policy?

Me: (I'm already here! Why should i call customer service!?) Sure. What's the number?​

Me: Hi, I preordered MGS4 few months ago and i want to cancel my preorder but the employees at the store can only provide me store credit. I asked for my money back and they hit me with your phone number.

EB Rep: Sir, there is nothing we can do cause we can't see your record. You have to talk to the employees at the store.

EB Rep: Well... As i said, i can't help you. Is there anything else i can do for you?

Me: Hi. I was here last week and i wanted to get my preorder canceled but the employee working at that time said i can only get store credit for i don't have my reciept on me. Here's the credit card statement to show the transaction exchange.

Employee 1: *swipes the card. Transaction Approved* Just sign here and here. Why are you cancelling the preorder btw?

Funny story!

Anyway considering the Bonus Round. I believe N'Gai was only speculating based on some insider info that ropped up considering advertising. Again this bonus round thing was recorded awhile ago and is only releasing now...

I believe we can accurately guess that the live action David Hayter footage features in teh startup intro that's being done by Logan.
Clues: Different director, futuristic, something funny, won't have to wait long to find out what they're talking about...

Loved this bit though:

N'Gai: Western gamers prefer fast action games, MGS requires them to slow down and be stealthy, and Snake doesn't run as fast as Marcus Fenix.
Hayter (in Snake's gravely voice): I'm getting old...

Zeke

I'd been keeping myself away from this thread but I'm so glad I clicked on it. I now have a folder filled with wallpapers, gifs, and jpegs thanks to this awesome thread. You guys did an awesome job on this thread.
Edit: loving my new avatar

Acid08

Banned
Darkpen said:
SamuraiX, are you sure you'll be able to bring a video camera? That'd be really helpful. We could splice together the wait, getting in, introducing everyone from GAF on camera, and finally, getting to see the man himself.

Acid08, do you think your friend could take a photo for us if we can pull this off?

And finally, does anyone have a tripod for their camera (or a camera w/ one of this dandy features that allow for the picture to be crisp even w/ motion)? blurred photos suck.
Oh yeah, he would totally take the picture. I hope they let us take pictures with KojiPro.

Klone.K

Seiken said:
It's 00:05 :D!

10 days left!

Fuck... I'm locking myself in my house til June 12, avoiding all electrical devices, erecting huge supporters for the ceiling and walls, popping antiobiotics incase a flu pandemic hits between now and then and calling EB games for house delivery of the game... I cannot die before I get my hands on MGS4. damn, maybe I should just rent out a full on oxygen tent til then.

Acid08

Banned
I'm going to trade in GTA4 and R6V2 to pay off my preorder. Money is tight right now and I'm completely done with both games.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Pre Order stories = lol

I asked at JB HiFi and got a spiel, the dudes like the creator Hideo Kojima doesnt want to release a LE blah blah blah............... he could have just said its EB exclusive but yur.

Mromson

shagg_187 said:
Customer: Hi. How much for Wii Fit?
Kagari: Sorry, It's available for Japan only. We do, however, have METURA GAIR SOLIDU: GUNZU OF THA PAYTRIOTSU!
Customer: ... But I don't own a Pl..
Kagari: QUIET YOU! BUY NOW!
Customer: ...
:lol :lol :lol :lol

shagg_187 said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Am I stupid for wanting to watch the MTV movie awards to possibly see MGS4 ads? Well, I'm going to now. Wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for those MTV ad links. They better air.

Mromson

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Am I stupid for wanting to watch the MTV movie awards to possibly see MGS4 ads? Well, I'm going to now. Wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for those MTV ad links. They better air.
I would watch any program if I even had the suspicion of a MGS4 ad airing. Too bad I don't have MTV. :(

MoonsaultSlayer said:
To see it in HD and then casually make a comment to your non-gaming friends like, "Huh. That looks cool." ?

F' no you're not crazy.

Edit: Curses.

jvalioli

blindrocket said:
I should have been more careful. But I consider that a spoiler and it should have been hidden under a cardboard box like Snake.
Don't feel too bad, I didn't know about some of the previous characters that were appearing in this game until I opened this thread. I was on a media blackout. The only reason I clicked on this thread was to see why Evilore didn't make it. :lol

BlacKMaRK

Banned
hi, ive only played the 1st metal gear solid, and i am definitely gonna buy MGS4 after reading the epic OP. seriously, that OP made me get hyped about the game an now im buying it day uno.

one question, is anyone else buying the strategy guide for this game??? i have never felt the need to buy one but for some reason i feel like i will need it for this game. it even ships out 1 week before the game:D

jvalioli said:
Don't feel too bad, I didn't know about some of the previous characters that were appearing in this game until I opened this thread. I was on a media blackout. The only reason I clicked on this thread was to see why Evilore didn't make it. :lol
Thankfully, I have still avoided that piece of information! :lol

jdnation

Banned
BlacKMaRK said:
hi, ive only played the 1st metal gear solid, and i am definitely gonna buy MGS4 after reading the epic OP. seriously, that OP made me get hyped about the game an now im buying it day uno.

one question, is anyone else buying the strategy guide for this game??? i have never felt the need to buy one but for some reason i feel like i will need it for this game. it even ships out 1 week before the game:D

Strategy guide??? Pfft... I bet they just copied the codec conversations and pasted them into that guide, codec's all you need! :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
shagg_187 said:
Another 10 second spot (different one this time) confirming the sneak peak :)

All the spots are taken from the final trailer so i guess they will play that in the end...

Damn.

So are we definately getting new footage after the MTV awards? What time does it end? 10pm? Also, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Laurent

I am playing Snake Eater once more and I can't find videos that shows that you can defeat The End sooner, by shooting him with in the head with a sniper rifle when he is leaving the first cutscene he's in... Surely this isn't news, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom