• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Laurent said:
I am playing Snake Eater once more and I can't find videos that shows that you can defeat The End sooner, by shooting him with in the head with a sniper rifle when he is leaving the first cutscene he's in... Surely this isn't news, right?

Old.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gen-X said:
It's the same fucking trailer bullshit!!!!!

I CAME BACK FROM SPACE
AS I RETURNED, I HAD A VISION
THE WORLD, SET ABLAZE!

AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT I SAW THERE?
FURY
A GREAT AND TERRIBLE FURY AT BEING ALIVE

Gen-X

Banned
shagg_187 said:
The quality of the video... wow, looked like they were playing the .flv file :/
It's true I saw that bar moving across at the bottom of the screen like it was playing on the site....D=< I will now punch a baby hippo and uppercut a liger.

Echoes

Quick question: what is the difference between the official Soundtrack of the game (47 tracks) and the one that's bundled with the LE (that got 16 tracks) ? It says "never-before-released pieces". Does that mean that it got some tracks that weren't included in the MGS4 OST?

I'm just curious.

MollyMillions

Neo Member
shagg_187 said:
The quality of the video... wow, looked like they were playing the .flv file :/

So true.
BigLebowski%2019-24-17-29.jpg

Chè ridículo.

Gen-X

Banned
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
And boy, that was NOT the show you wanted to sit through to get to that video. God, that was awful.
Actually I did like little pieces from it, like Wayne's World, it was great to see Wayne and Garth. Haven't seem em in like over 8 years :lol

Guled

Echoes said:
Quick question: what is the difference between the official Soundtrack of the game (47 tracks) and the one that's bundled with the LE (that got 16 tracks) ? It says "never-before-released pieces". Does that mean that it got some tracks that weren't included in the MGS4 OST?

I'm just curious.
no, the official OST is not coming to NA, so over here, the 16 songs are "never-before-released pieces".

Echoes

Guled said:
no, the official OST is not coming to NA, so over here, the 16 songs are "never-before-released pieces".
So the 16 tracks could be picked up from the OST (that is sold in play asia) ?

It's cool either way :D I'm getting the LE and just wanted to know what the CD was about. I'll definitely get the OST from play asia. Man, you can't miss 47 awesomesauce tracks <3

Thanks bud.

rikichi said:

My Japanese isn't good enough to totally translate it, so I went with Google's tranlsation tool:

"June 2, 2007 issued TOKYO HEADLINE SCHOOL EDITION (6 September), published an interview with Mr. Kojima.
&#8251;TOKYO HEADLINE SCHOOL EDITION&#12399;&#23554;&#38272;&#23398;&#26657;&#12539;&#22823;&#23398;&#12398;&#12415;&#12391;&#37197;&#24067;&#12373;&#12428;&#12390;&#12356;&#12427;&#12383;&#12417;&#19968;&#33324;&#12398;&#26041;&#12399;&#20837;&#25163;&#12377;&#12427;&#20107;&#12364;&#20986;&#26469;&#12414;&#12379;&#12435;&#12290; &#8251; TOKYO HEADLINE SCHOOL EDITION University College is only being distributed to the general people can not get it. &#20104;&#12417;&#12372;&#20102;&#25215;&#19979;&#12373;&#12356;&#12290; Please note that please."

Sounds like Kojima did an interview for a student newspaper.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
So cut scenes are skipable, right? Kojima gets a little too crazy with them and I kinda just want to play the game. I didn't play MGS3 so I don't really remember how all that went.

SamuraiX-

Pelydr said:
So cut scenes are skipable, right? Kojima gets a little too crazy with them and I kinda just want to play the game. I didn't play MGS3 so I don't really remember how all that went.

Really? You have always had the ability to skip cutscenes in all previous MGS games. What the hell is the point of this post?

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Just going back and looking at screens holy christ this game is beautiful. Most amazing graphics ever.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
SamuraiX- said:
Really? You have always had the ability to skip cutscenes in all previous MGS games. What the hell is the point of this post?

Dude, I'm not trying to stir up shit, I honestly didn't remember. No harm, man. It's just a question.

Cannot believe it is almost here!! :D

Does anyone know of any store in and around Vancouver, BC doing midnight launch on the 12th? I asked EB at Pacific Centre and apparently MGS4 is not a high profile enough game to warrant a midnight launch at that store. :/

06.12.08 SNEAK OUT

rikichi

brandonh83 said:
how do you get the other PSP wallpapers? mine could use a change. that one is cool, if it's the only one you have so far I'll use it.

seeing as your sportin an otacon avatar, how bout usin an otacon WP for your PSP?

25fk804.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Leshita said:
Cannot believe it is almost here!! :D

Does anyone know of any store in and around Vancouver, BC doing midnight launch on the 12th? I asked EB at Pacific Centre and apparently MGS4 is not a high profile enough game to warrant a midnight launch at that store. :/

06.12.08 SNEAK OUT

I only have a list of US locations, sorry.

tha_con

Banned
So...wtf is up with multiple media outlets using images of Snake with a Beard? That's gotta be some kind of inside joke among the media...right?

Acid08

Banned
So, yeah I would like this game. Like a lot. I wish it was June 12th. Graduating from High School and MGS4 :D . Then 2 days later I get my copy signed by Hideo Kojima :D

Acid08 said:
So, yeah I would like this game. Like a lot. I wish it was June 12th. Graduating from High School and MGS4 :D . Then 2 days later I get my copy signed by Hideo Kojima :D

Congrats dude. Sounds like a nice lineup of awesome for you.

I have another countdown banner coming in a few minutes. Nothing special but I like doing this kind of stuff to pass the time.

SamuraiX-

Fuck me.

Just saw a PREVIEW, that's right, a PREVIEW from the MTV Movie Awards of a TV spot they were going to show later... One image from that preview is stuck in my head now because I know almost exactly where it happens in the game... I just never knew it was gonna happen before.

I hate my life sometimes. >_<

Niks

I cooked this wallpaper recently.
Anyone knows where to host a 1920x1080 pic?

I talked to BruceLeeRoy and he is adding it to the OP soon!! :D
34h9r39.jpg

Acid08

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Congrats dude. Sounds like a nice lineup of awesome for you.

I have another countdown banner coming in a few minutes. Nothing special but I like doing this kind of stuff to pass the time.
Thanks man :). And great countdown banner!

Sallokin

Deepblue said:
Match-grade deagle w/ rifle scope? Not exactly an ideal weapon for a battlefield...

If you get hit with anything from that giant 10" barrel though you're fucked. Maybe the scope is just to make sure she doesn't miss. .50 AEs are pretty expensive afterall ^_^

Deepblue

Banned
Sallokin said:
If you get hit with anything from that giant 10" barrel though you're fucked. Maybe the scope is just to make sure she doesn't miss. .50 AEs are pretty expensive afterall ^_^
Yeah, but deagles are fairly ineffective combat weapons to begin with. 50 cal is overkill, amunition is harder to find, and the kick makes any shots you wish to fire in quick succession completely useless. Putting a scope (which obstructs the irons) and match grade barrel on there only kills any CQC use the weapon might have had to begin with. Still, they look pretty and make a big bang. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom