• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kagari said:
I think we might have gotten those artbooks today. I'm in at 4 so I'll check then :D

Awesome, I'll probably stop by my store as well (it's on the way home) to see if we got them in. So tired from my shift yesterday as we spent over an hour finishing up the Gamer Days set-ups...

Dever said:
I place my trust on the devious individuals who will scan the guide and release it only to get the kick out of spoiling the game to people. People can be mean and I'm counting on it.

25gc779.gif

Spoilers all over my face yessssss......

Dante

Prime crotch said:
I place my trust on the devious individuals who will scan the guide and release it only to get the kick out of spoiling the game to people. People can be mean and I'm counting on it.

25gc779.gif

Spoilers all over my face yessssss......

Stop trying to get attention, you know that spoilers are heavily frowned upon in here.

Dante said:
Stop trying to get attention, you know that spoilers are heavily frowned upon in here.
Oh I won't spoil the game, rather I want to be spoiled and I do believe by the end of the week the message boards will be burning with spoil threads.

pete914

This is quasi on topic and I didn't want to start a new thread- Amazon still hasn't started accepting orders for the MGS4 bundle. For those more Amazon savvy than myself, is this normal? I ordered NGII further in advance than this for the $10 credit, it seems strange that it's not listed yet. Still determining quantites before accepting orders or something?

Kagari said:
I think we might have gotten those artbooks today. I'm in at 4 so I'll check then :D

Auron_Kale said:
I looked through our New Releases on the GS computers, and I can't tell if there's a street date on the guides, since they're not marked as such on the computers. In looking through the shipping lists though, the MGS 4 artbooks got sent out on the 30th so I hoping we get them in soon as well.

Do either of you know anything about when your receiving the MGS4 BT headsets? I've called a few GS in my area and no one knows.

From the PS blog:

Okay: so that’s perhaps a slight exaggeration. But really, MGS4 has more secrets and subtle features than most games have… well, game.

MGS4 is a game built from the ground up for repeat play. As the story draws to a close, you are awarded with one or more secret emblems that acknowledge (and, in effect, rate) your performance and style of play. Usually, even veteran gamers only unlock one, perhaps two on their initial playthrough. There are a ton of these accolades in total.

Though it contains a handful of situations which have the potential to stop even hardcore players in their tracks , Metal Gear Solid 4 is defined not so much by what you do during play, but what you haven’t done. When you pass through a checkpoint your first reaction often isn’t to focus on what lies ahead, but to reflect on how you could have approached the previous area in a completely different way. MGS4 constantly inspires the question “What if…?” – even as the final credits crawl by, you suspect that you didn’t so much “beat” it as simply reach the end. Precious few games evoke this kind of response, and it’s a big part of what makes Kojima-san’s opus so very special.

YES!!! :D

Haven't seen anything yet (I actually have one reserved) but I think they should be coming out soon (either this week or next, can't really remember).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Auron_Kale said:
Awesome, I'll probably stop by my store as well (it's on the way home) to see if we got them in. So tired from my shift yesterday as we spent over an hour finishing up the Gamer Days set-ups...

So glad I didn't have to work yesterday...

Choke on the Magic said:
Do either of you know anything about when your receiving the MGS4 BT headsets? I've called a few GS in my area and no one knows.

I will check today.

MGS4 is a game built from the ground up for repeat play. As the story draws to a close, you are awarded with one or more secret emblems that acknowledge (and, in effect, rate) your performance and style of play. Usually, even veteran gamers only unlock one, perhaps two on their initial playthrough. There are a ton of these accolades in total.

Fuck dogtags, this is way better.....

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay, at least according to the website, the headset is shipping on Wednesday, so stores should have it by Thursday or Friday.

WinFonda

Prime crotch said:
Oh I won't spoil the game, rather I want to be spoiled and I do believe by the end of the week the message boards will be burning with spoil threads.
Are you a fan of the game? Why would you want to be spoiled?

WinFonda said:
Are you a fan of the game? Why would you want to be spoiled?
Because I'm short on cash for a new console basicly. I might play it in a friend's house but not the entire game so yeah I'm getting what I can.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Ephemeris said:
Is the artbook in US stores yet?

People keep t alking about this and I haven't really heardanything about it lol.

I have 2 preorders of the Limited Edition, so does that come with that Gamestop artbook?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ephemeris said:
Is the artbook in US stores yet?

Some stores are getting them in, yes. However there have been reports of them not willing to hand them out until the game release... which, whatever... if you came to my store and showed me your receipt, I'd give it to you early :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If we had a dollar for every time that someone on the team has said “Did you see…?” or “Have you tried…?”, we could probably fund Hideo Kojima’s next project

so someone said that 40 million times

SolidSnakex said:
So, are those basically like achievements or is he referring to something completely different?

Yeah it sounds like achievements but in terms of gameplay styles not a specific goal (or maybe it will be specific goals, I dont know). The way I see it its replacing the animal rank with something more detailed.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
g35twinturbo said:
People keep t alking about this and I haven't really heardanything about it lol.

I have 2 preorders of the Limited Edition, so does that come with that Gamestop artbook?

You get the artbook for preordering the limited edition version of the game.

MiamiWesker said:
Yeah it sounds like achievements but in terms of gameplay styles not a specific goal (or maybe it will be specific goals, I dont know). The way I see it its replacing the animal rank with something more detailed.

Yeah, it's hard to tell exactly what he's talking about although it does sound like a replacement for the ranking system. This is the first time i've heard anything about it though.

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, it's hard to tell exactly what he's talking about although it does sound like a replacement for the ranking system. This is the first time i've heard anything about it though.

It might be similar to the way you earn various animal ranks in MGO for playing in certain ways.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
MiamiWesker said:
How exactly did the animal rank work in MGO?

I never got to play the demo :(

DieH@rd

Banned
MGS TUS forums has crappy mobile video of one of the [minor spoiler, one of the game locations]
South American
cutscenes.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
so I just got through checking out the MGS JP site.

http://www.konami.jp/mgs4/us/top.html

pure fucking awesome, you earn durbin points by doing missions to get music/wallpapers. It "MAY" have spoilers for some folks but can't be 100% sure.

Kagari said:
You get the artbook for preordering the limited edition version of the game.

SEXY TIME!

Thank you and have a good day at work :D

Dyno

Man, that first page is one of the most stylish labours of love I've ever seen.

Kudos! Can't wait for this game; mega-hype and GTA-styled 10/10s be damned!!!

Laurent

PlayStation.Blog said:
One other method of restoring Snake’s health is simply to find a safe hiding place and let him stand still. After a few seconds the Life Gauge will slowly start to creep back up. If you crouch or go prone, it will refill more quickly. If you have good cover, you’ll find that this even works during boss battles. This can be a great way of refilling your Life Gauge for free – essential when playing on a high difficulty level. Note that recovery speed depends on the condition of Snake’s other main gauge, the Psyche Gauge; the higher the Psyche Gauge, the quicker the Life Gauge refills. (Incidentally, if you have an extended break from playing MGS4 that lasts for more than 24 hours, you may notice that Snake’s Life and Psyche gauges are refilled by 20% per day. It’s hardly necessary, but a nice touch nonetheless.)
Wow... Nice subtle touch! :lol

mileS

Kagari said:
Okay, at least according to the website, the headset is shipping on Wednesday, so stores should have it by Thursday or Friday.

Good stuff. I've held out from buying a headset for my PS3 for so long I need to pick this up.

Hey guys, don't know if anyone here can answer this but it's really bugging me:

I have a US PS3 and plan to buy the european LE. Now i fear that the special Blu Ray is somehow region coded, does anyone know for sure?

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Is it me or Hideo Kojima is always lugging Yumi Kikuchi around? Are they dating or something? If yes, lucky bastard.

Pedobear said:
Is it me or Hideo Kojima is always lugging Yumi Kikuchi around? Are they dating or something? If yes, lucky bastard.

Probably not, he has a wife and kids I think. But there's nothing wrong with him getting something on the side, I guess.

spwolf

awesome thread. Did get chance to say that before :).

I hope to get MGS edition PS3 from US 2-3 weeks after the game is out. Hopefully the game wont be scarce.

This will be my first MGS (shock!) but I really liked how MGO played and controls were instantly perfect.

DunpealD

Pai Pai Master said:
He's married and has a son.

A son who thinks that nobody is playing his fathers games... Hopefully the whole worldtour thing will clear things up and that probably explains
$h@d0w said:
I spotted Kenichiro Imaizumi lurking around with a camera and managed to ask him for his signature too.
this. He probably shot some proof photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom