• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Is it true that Kojima has like a ridiculously priced apartment right by the Konami studio? I remember reading something crazy like it was 9k a month or so.

Acid08

Banned
Darkpen said:
I don't know how I'd manage sleep @_@

hmvmgs4event040_2.jpg

lol.... US version of the essentials collection? D:

looks like some people snuck in their games to get signed, lol. I'll probably end up bringing my copy of Substance; I mean, it IS the first MGS game I bought, after all.
I'm going to bring my LE of MGS4 and my copy of MGS1. Hopefully the Metreon staff isn't made up of jerks that day and they let us get more than one thing signed.

FabCam

Is there anyway to see the MTV trailers? I'm from the UK, so for some reason I'm not allowed to look at them on the MTV site...

Ever since hearing about the Metreon appearance... I'm trying to figure out how to proceed.

I work in SF 5 days a week...and I usually hate the idea of going into the city on my weekends without a reason, but at the same time, I'll definitely be going to this so I'm trying to figure out if I want to stay in the city on Friday to make it down to the Metreon in the morning, take BART (I do this for my commute), or drive (I hate paying for all-day parking, but it's tempting).

Decisions, decisions...

Acid08

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
Ever since hearing about the Metreon appearance... I'm trying to figure out how to proceed.

I work in SF 5 days a week...and I usually hate the idea of going into the city on my weekends without a reason, but at the same time, I'll definitely be going to this so I'm trying to figure out if I want to stay in the city on Friday to make it down to the Metreon in the morning, take BART (I do this for my commute), or drive (I hate paying for all-day parking, but it's tempting).

Decisions, decisions...
I'm going to be taking BART there with a few friends. We're coming from Dublin though so it's going to take a long time and be expensive :(. What time does BART start running?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Kagari said:
Sarcasm, my friend ;)

I thought that was pretty obvious :lol

anywho,

I wonder if I can bring my essentials and get it signed...

Acid08 said:
I'm going to bring my LE of MGS4 and my copy of MGS1. Hopefully the Metreon staff isn't made up of jerks that day and they let us get more than one thing signed.

how are you going to do that when it comes out that night? Unless you are going to the SF event

Acid08 said:
I'm going to be taking BART there with a few friends. We're coming from Dublin though so it's going to take a long time and be expensive :(. What time does BART start running?

You're out in Dublin? I live out in Dublin too! Anyways, Dublin trains start running before 6 AM. Train ride usually takes less than an hour. Get off at the Powell stop and exit onto 4th & Market St (Old Navy should be in front of you) and make a left - You should see the big Metreon sign.

Round-trip is about $11 bucks or so.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
patsu said:
What !? Are they going to sell the tickets for SF too ? Where ?

Tickets? This is the first I heard about tickets......LA (best buy) wouldn't be doing that.....I hope not if they are, I need to know. I should actually call them.

rikichi

g35twinturbo said:
Tickets? This is the first I heard about tickets......LA (best buy) wouldn't be doing that.....I hope not if they are, I need to know. I should actually call them.

hopefully we get some info about it on the PS blog today.

Mets39

g35twinturbo said:

it seems like only France is using tickets for the event ...

Druff

Banned
Guled said:
Didn't MGS2 sell 7 million, thats not niche to me

MGS1 was a breakout hit and made MGS a household name, it was as mainstream as you could get. And every MGS fan in the world was pissing themselves for 18 months after MGS2 was announced, it was one of the most über hyped games in history. When it was finally released, naturally it sold out the wazoo. But the next thing you know, MGS forums were ablaze with 'former' MGS fans asking "WTF this raiden guy sucks when do i go back to play as SOLID SANKE??!?!?" and "wtf last two hours were so stupid, they ruined mgs big time lolz". And it kinda became a niche title over night.

Granted, for every MGS2 hater there was an MGS2 lover. But the fact is, MGS in general was taken down a peg or two in the overall gamer community consciousness seven years ago, it's still never quite recovered. But MGS4 is clearly a step in the right direction.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
VanMardigan said:
My excitement for this game is only tempered by old Snake. What I wouldn't give for an MGS2-like switcheroo where you get to play as young(er) Snake for most of the game.

:*(
At first, I really hated the idea of old snake. Hated it. I think just about everyone did. Its grown on me though and now I think its great. I still prefer the younger MGS2 & MGS3 model, but Old snake is fine. He's just like the same snake we've played as only...older!

They should have given old snake a beard instead of just a moustache though.

Dante

Blablurn said:
any spoilers?

Just gameplay mechanics

When you take the sheer number of tactical options into account, you realize that many players could reach the conclusion of MGS4 a dozen times, and still not have fully explored the possibilities on offer. There are gadgets and weapons that a player might completely neglect to try out (or, indeed, find), even after twenty or thirty hours of play; later, using some of them is a revelation as you realize the new strategic options they offer. Others are just fun, pure and simple.

*drools I am going to be playing this game for pretty much the whole summer :)

psycho_snake said:
At first, I really hated the idea of old snake. Hated it. I think just about everyone did. Its grown on me though and now I think its great. I still prefer the younger MGS2 & MGS3 model, but Old snake is fine. He's just like the same snake we've played as only...older!

After 3 years, I can't imagine not playing as Old Snake anymore, it's been so ingrained into MGS4.

psycho_snake

HomerSimpson-Man said:
After 3 years, I can't imagine not playing as Old Snake anymore, it's been so ingrained into MGS4.
yeah, it would be weird seeing MGS4 without old snake. At first it looked odd, but when you see him now it looks completely normal. It wouldnt look right any other way.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lakitu said:
So that means it won't be released until later ? That's good.

Last I saw in my computer was that it was shipping on the 3rd. Which means we might get them tomorrow, or we might get them later this week. We have not been told if they are street dated yet though. I'll see if that's been confirmed tonight.

psycho_snake

Choke on the Magic said:
Same here. I wonder if there will ever be dlc to play as ninja Raiden. That would be fun.
I cant ever see that happening, but it would be brilliant if it did.

Doc Evils

dabookerman said:
So then, I was at the front of the queue, pretty much. Well in the Top 15 roughly. Got there at 3am this morning, good times. Queue went super quick, and the whole day was excellent.
Tried to blag my MGS3 Metal Edition but they weren't having none of it. Some bastard got his Medicom Naked Snake Croc Cap figure signed. Lucky guy.
Took a few pics, a friend of mine, the ultimate Hideo Kojima Fanboy, took over 300 or so. I was even interviewed a few times, and I was in one of their own press interviews, good stuff. I tried to send the team a message in Japanese, but I fear that I will look like a complete twat now lol.
The Trio Responded better when you spoke Japanese with them, Hideo even let me send out my heartly message to him, what a great guy.

Some pics.
I'm the dude with the long black hair, and looking like an arse on the stand ¬_¬
The rest of the pics are viewable here

100_3530.JPG

The Sign
100_3531.JPG

Queue at about 8ish I think
100_3535.JPG

Ultimate Hideo Fanboy in view
100_3541.JPG

Me at bottom left
100_3544.JPG

The Trio
100_3549.JPG

Getting ready for some riking
100_3555.JPG

You rike it desune?
100_3561.JPG

Yeah I rike it.
100_3568.JPG

Getting moved off
100_3606.JPG

Hideo with a funny face
100_3616.JPG

I RIKE IT (I kept shouting out their names, and they responded a lot, they are really awesome)
100_3617.JPG

Awesome guys
100_3622.JPG

My sleeve, that will go into a container and remain there forever.

So the whole riking thing was a joke throughout the whole day.

Awesome pics man. I feel gutted for coming so late. D:

psycho_snake said:
yeah, it would be weird seeing MGS4 without old snake. At first it looked odd, but when you see him now it looks completely normal. It wouldnt look right any other way.

Most of us are in the fifth stage of grief: Acceptance.

Kagari said:
Last I saw in my computer was that it was shipping on the 3rd. Which means we might get them tomorrow, or we might get them later this week. We have not been told if they are street dated yet though. I'll see if that's been confirmed tonight.

I looked through our New Releases on the GS computers, and I can't tell if there's a street date on the guides, since they're not marked as such on the computers. In looking through the shipping lists though, the MGS 4 artbooks got sent out on the 30th so I hoping we get them in soon as well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Auron_Kale said:
I looked through our New Releases on the GS computers, and I can't tell if there's a street date on the guides, since they're not marked as such on the computers. In looking through the shipping lists though, the MGS 4 artbooks got sent out on the 30th so I hoping we get them in soon as well.

I think we might have gotten those artbooks today. I'm in at 4 so I'll check then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom