• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mromson

spwolf said:
awesome thread. Did get chance to say that before :).

I hope to get MGS edition PS3 from US 2-3 weeks after the game is out. Hopefully the game wont be scarce.

This will be my first MGS (shock!) but I really liked how MGO played and controls were instantly perfect.
Go buy the previous MGS games! They'll make the remaining 9 days (OMG ONLY NINE DAYS LEFT UNTIL METAL GEAR SOLID 4 IS RELEASED!!!) fly by instantly! :D

SolidSnakex said:
I was about to read that but then I remembered how recent reviews have been dropping spoilers without warning.

No spoilers, and the only "spoiler" section is marked. And even that is nothing.

Darkpen

Banned
Laurent said:
THIS IS A SNEAKING MISSION
:lol :lol :lol

Seriously though, what's up with that. Maybe they're just really good friends
(pffft)

No surprise his son doesn't think much of his dad's games though. Miyamoto's wife couldn't care less about her husband's games up until the Wii was made. Its really curious though, with how game developers go:

Either they start making games that accommodate their new life style and situation, or they continue making whatever they're making.

Either you have these devs that make a total 180 degree spin and go the other way, or they dip into what their kids like, and then continue on with what they like.

Laurent

Darkpen said:
No surprise his son doesn't think much of his dad's games though. Miyamoto's wife couldn't care less about her husband's games up until the Wii was made.
Plus, Snake doesn't seem to care much about his father... at least FAR LESS than Liquid or Solidus!!! :lol

Pedobear said:
Is it me or Hideo Kojima is always lugging Yumi Kikuchi around? Are they dating or something? If yes, lucky bastard.

Hideo: I want to take with me Yumi Kikuchi, to the European presentations.

Konami: So we'll have to pay her stay there then, but why?..., it she famous there?

Hideo: No.

Konami: Did she have a clue role in the development of the game?

Konami: Does she have any important relevance in the game?

Hideo: No, but don't fear no need to pay for another room, she can stay in my room.

Costanza said:
They say it'd be the greatest game ever if there were less cutscenes...

Reading that review makes me think that the average person that plays it will love the gameplay and possibly be annoyed by the length of the cutscenes while fans will probably end up feeling it is the greatest game ever.

Ploid 3.0

I was playing mgs3 recently and couldn't wait until the next CS. I played through the game around 6 times since launch.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Relaxed Muscle said:
Hideo: I want to take with me Yumi Kikuchi, to the European presentations.

Konami: So we'll have to pay her stay there then, but why?..., it she famous there?

Konami: Did she have a clue role in the development of the game?

Konami: Does she have any important relevance in the game?

Hideo: No, but don't fear no need to pay for another room, she can stay in my room.

:lol

patsu

eso76 said:
that makes no sense, unless MGS cutscenes suddenly dropped to splinter cell quality.

Well... if the codec messages + cutscenes keep barging in, it may interfere with the immersion. It sounds like this is the case sometimes.

can someone clarify what yumi kikuchi's role is in mgs4 so that when i meet her and kojima i can actually make an educated comment about her work and not look like a complete fool.

i know she is the real life naomi and plays one of the beauties in mgs4 but is there anything else i'm missing? half the people waiting in line won't have a clue who she is.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
OMG, how did I not see this on MGS3 Subsistence theater mode. Not really spoilers as they are funny, but could be slightly spoilerish for those who haven't beaten MGS3.

The Ultimate Weapon
Diehard
Metal Gear Sigint
He's Still Got it
Cat Like Behavior
The Beginning is the End
The Quick Version
Get Down!
I read them for the articles
The Joy
Made in USA
Close Call
Gotcha this time
Metal Gear Raiden Snake Eraser

Probably more, but man, some are those are really quite good. I can't remember why I never saw them.

eso76

patsu said:
Well... if the codec messages + cutscenes keep barging in, it may interfere with the immersion. It sounds like this is the case sometimes.

they can be skipped though, oh well, but you'd miss parts of the story.

They should have thought of a way to implement codec conversations without the game having to pause, though.

rikichi

criesofthepast said:
can someone clarify what yumi kikuchi's role is in mgs4 so that when i meet her and kojima i can actually make an educated comment about her work and not look like a complete fool.

i know she is the real life naomi and plays one of the beauties in mgs4 but is there anything else i'm missing?

you can compliment her on her nails.

123waaf.jpg

Big up's for the post, I've beaten Snake Eater a Qhile ago and I've never seen these vids. :D

Lonestar said:
OMG, how did I not see this on MGS3 Subsistence theater mode. Not really spoilers as they are funny, but could be slightly spoilerish for those who haven't beaten MGS3.

The Ultimate Weapon
Diehard
Metal Gear Sigint
He's Still Got it
Cat Like Behavior
The Beginning is the End
The Quick Version
Get Down!
The Joy
Made in USA
Close Call
Gotcha this time

Probably more, but man, some are those are really quite good. I can't remember why I never saw them.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Absolutely incredible thread, I've been reading the article about the Patriots in specific, and it helped clear up a lot of questions I've had about the series... Man, June 12th can't come soon enough, I'll be getting a PS3 just for this game.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Just got my self MGS4 OST but I am not going to listen to it till I play and beat this game! The Music might spoil it! :D

SolidSnakex said:
Reading that review makes me think that the average person that plays it will love the gameplay and possibly be annoyed by the length of the cutscenes while fans will probably end up feeling it is the greatest game ever.

Any spoilers?

eso76

once again i suggest you DON'T read that review, and not just the tagged part. They basically imply stuff about the ending all the time. Fuck.

SRG01

T_Tokyo2010 said:
Big up's for the post, I've beaten Snake Eater a Qhile ago and I've never seen these vids. :D

Metal Gear Sigint is hilarious! :lol

OMG, I haven't seen the "He's still got it" video :lol

patsu

eso76 said:
they can be skipped though, oh well, but you'd miss parts of the story.

They should have thought of a way to implement codec conversations without the game having to pause, though.

If we give the reviewers enough credit, it may imply that the game jumps around different plot points, which may confuse some people. I am going to adjust my expectation *lower* so that I can be floored when playing the game.

once again i suggest you DON'T read that review, and not just the tagged part. They basically imply stuff about the ending all the time. Fuck.

Yeah man, I bailed after reading one sentence in the first tagged paragraph.

What an oddly written review. He sounds really emotional and you can read it in his words, his constant teetering is annoying tbh. But I think once all of us actually play the game and come down from the hype, we will understand what he is saying. The hype is beyond anything I have ever seen for a game in my life. However, if one game can handle it, it would be this (imo)

Tom_Cody

Lonestar said:

The Ultimate Weapon
Diehard
Metal Gear Sigint
He's Still Got it
Cat Like Behavior
The Beginning is the End
The Quick Version
Get Down!
The Joy
Made in USA
Close Call
Gotcha this time
Metal Gear Raiden Snake Eraser

I just saw those for the first time last week. I've had Subsistence SE since it came out, but I never watched the videos fro some reason. They are all excellent.

My favorite: Payback

patsu said:
Yeah man, I bailed after reading one sentence in the first tagged paragraph.

:lol I read the first 4-5 words and panicked like a little girl....but you just can't undo it. :(

Edit: Is there something wrong with youtube vids? Nothing works for me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom