• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MollyMillions said:
Which is sadly missing from MGS4.
Spoiler that SHIT.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Choke on the Magic said:
God damn spoilers. I didn't even know it was one. Just thought a poster was spouting off bs.
My MGS4 blackout is working i think.
I seriously hope he was taking that out of his ass...

MollyMillions

Neo Member
Wow. I thought considering the fact that the soundtrack was discussed, including certain
omissions
in great detail in both this and other threads, that it wasn't a spoiler, as it has NOTHING to do with gameplay or story.

Sorry if it ruined someone's day to read that, but it has been discussed in this and other threads several times.

Yoshichan

MollyMillions said:
Wow. I thought considering the fact that the soundtrack was discussed, including certain
omissions
in great detail in both this and other threads, that it wasn't a spoiler, as it has NOTHING to do with gameplay or story.

Sorry if it ruined someone's day to read that, but it has been discussed in this and other threads several times.
I was expecting Kojima to put the theme song somewhere in the game, where it would be so fucking epic. Fucking hell.

DrBo42

You guys are freaking out about someone mentioning a
music
piece? LOLWUT.gif Come on, now you're just being ridiculous.

Seiken said:
I was expecting Kojima to put the theme song somewhere in the game, where it would be so fucking epic. Fucking hell.

Holy shit Seiken these black bars are freaking me out. :lol

I'm out before I do something stupid I'll regret.

Yoshichan

Guled said:
Don't worry, the new one is way better
OKAY ENOUGH INFORMATION (though your quote made me extremely happy).
Choke on the Magic said:
Holy shit Seiken these black bars are freaking me out. :lol

I'm out before I do something stupid I'll regret.
Don't worry man, I've had a media blackout for 2 months now! I'm basically spoiler-free. It's all speculation from my point of view.

MollyMillions

Neo Member
Anyone who wants to know the full deal about this issue, highlight below, as long as you don't consider information about the soundtrack (non story-related) to be spoiler material.

Sorry, babe (I'm a she, not a he, btw), but it's nowhere to be found on the soundtrack. The current theory is that it was "replaced" by the MGS3 theme as the main theme for the game because some Russian journalists played Kojima a classical song that had a similar section to the classic MGS theme, and now he's worried about copyright infringement. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :( On the bright side, it's possible that it's an easter egg in there somewhere, although it's still weird that it's not on the 47-track OST.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
wow - the playstationbeyond review made my head hurt.

Codenamed for a reason, Solid Snake is the epitome of selfless endurance and denial, a mixture of heart pounding salvage and operative needs that gives us a character so complex in their attitudes and beliefs, that we will never quite fully understand the way they live and breath in their worlds.

:boggle:

i've listend to the soundtrack several times now.

One word : Epic.

My 7.1 set up throbs with excitement for the final game. Knowing Kojima is such a sonics nut, i can't wait to hear how the battle field sounds. :Dribble.

Yoshichan

MollyMillions, if those spoilers were supposed to be for me... sorry, not reading.

Guled

MollyMillions said:
Sorry, babe (I'm a she, not a he, btw), but it's nowhere to be found on the soundtrack. The current theory is that it was "replaced" by the MGS3 theme as the main theme for the game because some Russian journalists played Kojima a classical song that had a similar section to the classic MGS theme, and now he's worried about copyright infringement. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :( On the bright side, it's possible that it's an easter egg in there somewhere, although it's still weird that it's not on the 47-track OST.
when using spoiler tags, tell people what the spoiler is relating to. In this case about the soudtrack.
DCharlie said:
i've listend to the soundtrack several times now.

One word : Epic.

My 7.1 set up throbs with excitement for the final game. Knowing Kojima is such a sonics nut, i can't wait to hear how the battle field sounds. :Dribble.
I agree, one of the best soundtracks ever. Better quailty then Hollywood soundtracks

Yoshichan

Guled said:
when using spoiler tags, tell people what the spoiler is relating to. In this case about the soudtrack.
Ah, thanks. That wasn't too bad, I already knew most of that.

hirokazu

Wow, there's spoilers, and then there's over-reacting. This, I think, is over-reacting :lol

The theme song has been discussed many times without spoiler tags, it does not spoil the game itself in any way. Other tracks have spoiler titles, but we're not talking about those at all, nor the relative position of tracks in the OST.

Synless

BruceLeeRoy said:
Updated OP with new avatars hope you guys like them.
So very tempting, but I've had this avatar for a long time now and will keep it until the release of the game. I like that one of eva very much though........

Simo

BruceLeeRoy said:

<Nabbed this one. Great work!

Was there any luck in getting Niks' new 1920x1080 wallpaper uploaded? I noticed the OP only has the 1600 one up.

hirokazu

rikichi said:
anyone know whether or not they show new game play or new cut scenes?
Yes, it shows part of a new cutscene from one of the later locations in the game. Or at least I've never seen it before.

Guled

BruceLeeRoy said:
wow, those are amazing. I'll keep the one I have now, but the amount of work you put into creating this whole thread is unbelievable.

Laurent said:
WHAT THE FUCK?! Missing music from a game is not a spoiler... Are you crazy?

By The beard of Zeus, imagine what would happen if you reveal that the name of the character in MGS4 is not Solid Snake but... *gasp* ...
Old Snake
:O

EDIT: ZOMG! IT AUTOMATICALLY SPOILEREDIZFIED IT! THE PET-RIOTS ARE AFTER ME!

MollyMillions

Neo Member
BlockBastard said:
OST SPOILERS

Metal Gear Theme is in the OST guys.
More OST spoilers
No, it's not. If you mean the track called "Metal Gear Saga", that is a re-working of the MGS3 theme, NOT the famous MGS theme that was used in MGS and MGS2. I have the OST sitting here in front of me. If you've found the actual theme somewhere tell me which track so I can find it. :p

I just got done talking to one of the Playstation store employees at the Metreon - information is still not completely known at this time, but it so far sounds simiar to the Final Fantasy events.

The autograph session will be from 4-6PM, with the store shutting down from 2-3PM to set up. There will be events all day long. And...that's all they know for right now. They're hoping to know more next week.

BlockBastard said:
OST SPOILERS

Metal Gear Theme is in the OST guys.

No its not, many people have confirmed this.

It surprises me to this day how many MGS fans have no clue what the MGS theme really sounds like.

While the
Metal Gear theme
(this is a spoiler to some of you? jeez) isn't on the soundtrack, it's still possible that they snuck it into another piece of music that's in the game, similar to Debriefing from MGS3.

Synless said:
Ight, fuck it. It's done.

:lol Thats what I like to see very nice.

Simo said:
<Nabbed this one. Great work!

Was there any luck in getting Niks' new 1920x1080 wallpaper uploaded? I noticed the OP only has the 1600 one up.

Not that I know of I guess tinypic maxes out at 1600 but Ill see if I can get him to send me the 1900 and rehost it.

Darkpen

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
bruce, I've never seen like... half of the art from shinkawa that you're using for the OP. Is there like a gallery somewhere? D:

After listening to the soundtrack,
I don't think I'm going to miss the MGS theme all that much. The OST has a handful of tracks that are just as rousing and great.

Ephemeris

BruceLeeRoy said:
Awesomeness :D

Synless said:
Ight, fuck it. It's done.

Very Nice.

Darkpen

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
I just got done talking to one of the Playstation store employees at the Metreon - information is still not completely known at this time, but it so far sounds simiar to the Final Fantasy events.

The autograph session will be from 4-6PM, with the store shutting down from 2-3PM to set up. There will be events all day long. And...that's all they know for right now. They're hoping to know more next week.
thanks for checking.

MollyMillions said:
More OST spoilers
No, it's not. If you mean the track called "Metal Gear Saga", that is a re-working of the MGS3 theme, NOT the famous MGS theme that was used in MGS and MGS2. I have the OST sitting here in front of me. If you've found the actual theme somewhere tell me which track so I can find it. :p

OST. etc

The MGS3 theme is the main MGS theme. It's just a reworked version of the MGS2 theme just as much as the MGS2 theme was a reworked version of the MGS1 theme. Metal Gear Saga is the classic MGS theme you all know and love albeit remixed to fit in more with MGS4

more ost spoilers, different song

Try to listen to father and son, though. It reminds me so much of debriefing. So awesome

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oookay. Here's the deal on those artbooks.

We got an email saying we're not supposed to give them out until release D:

MollyMillions

Neo Member
For comparison's sake:

Metal Gear Solid 2 Theme
This is the supposedly plagiarized melody that is NOT on the MGS4 OST.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Theme as it appears in Snake Eater.

Metal Gear Saga. This is the track that is presumably the MGS4 theme from the Guns of the Patriots OST.
As you can tell from listening to them, the new MGS4 theme is an arrangement of the MGS3 theme, not the MGS/MGS2 theme, which is sadly not present anywhere in the 47 tracks of the soundtrack. Molly am cry.

hirokazu

Red Blaster said:
While the
Metal Gear theme
(this is a spoiler to some of you? jeez) isn't on the soundtrack, it's still possible that they snuck it into another piece of music that's in the game, similar to Debriefing from MGS3.
No, there is no song in the soundtrack with (lol, spoilers :lol)
the Main Theme from MGS and MGS2.
The track titled
Metal Gear Saga is the closest you'll get, which is based off the Main Theme from MGS3, except towards the end, when the original Main Theme appears in the MGS3 version, it never does in the Metal Gear Saga track

Laurent said:
WHAT THE FUCK?! Missing music from a game is not a spoiler... Are you crazy?
There is nothing missing. It's not like any song from the past games MUST be in this game. There is no spoiler.

Unless you already consider songs from say Smash Bros. being revealed for characters/stages that are already known as being a big spoiler too.

Ephemeris

Kagari said:

Drat. Oh well; still awesome that I'll be getting one [eventually].

Now, onto important matters
or

Hmm....

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Kagari said:

I want you to light a candle and throw it in your store. Play some Luther while doing it as he says "light a candle".......yes.......that'l show them for their no artbook shananagans and riff raff.

MiamiWesker said:
No its not, many people have confirmed this.

It surprises me to this day how many MGS fans have no clue what the MGS theme really sounds like.
Well, you're referring to the "old" Metal Gear Solid theme. There's a new one. It's the one that's dominantly featured in Metal Gear Solid 3 -- and, I'm assuming, in 4.

Metal Gear Solid 2 spoilers, below.

Anyway, I just got done replaying Metal Gear Solid 2. The codec sessions with The Patriots are truly frightening. Not because they're "confusing" (they aren't), but because of the entire scheme of GW and S3. I, personally, was pretty conflicted at the moments before the final battle with Solidus. I completely agreed with Solidus' motives, and yet -- at the same time, I agreed with many aspects (not all) of The Patriots' full intentions.

It's amazing that the emotion Raiden evokes is pretty much tantamount to that of the player's. At least, that's how it was for me.

They have some pretty heavy shit to cover in Guns of the Patriots. When you think about it, we've probably only been shown a fragment of what's to come in the trailers. At least, that's how I hope it is - because I have some very particular questions about the material that Sons of Liberty brought forth.

MollyMillions

Neo Member
hirokazu said:
No, there is no song in the soundtrack with (lol, spoilers :lol)
the Main Theme from MGS and MGS2.
The track titled
Metal Gear Saga is the closest you'll get, which is based off the Main Theme from MGS3, except towards the end, when the original Main Theme appears in the MGS3 version, it never does in the Metal Gear Saga track

There is nothing missing. It's not like any song from the past games MUST be in this game. There is no spoiler.

Unless you already consider songs from say Smash Bros. being revealed being a big spoiler too (for characters/stages that are already known).

I <3 you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom