• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
NeoUltima said:
Actually...(mgs1)
When Ocelot "accidentally"(he did it on purpose) killed the DARPA chief, Decoy Octopus drained the Chief's blood and put it inside himself as was part of his disguising routine. When Snake came into contact with Donald's blood/nanomachines that were inside Octopus, FoxDie activated and Octopus died how the Donald was intended to die. The DARPA chief was supposed to die just like Baker.

Ah, that's right. My mistake.

Laurent

NeoUltima said:
Actually...(mgs1)
When Ocelot "accidentally"(he did it on purpose) killed the DARPA chief, Decoy Octopus drained the Chief's blood and put it inside himself as was part of his disguising routine. When Snake came into contact with Donald's blood/nanomachines that were inside Octopus, FoxDie activated and Octopus died how the Donald was intended to die. The DARPA chief was supposed to die just like Baker.
Makes sense, but where did you take this information? Was it mentioning in the game?

Laurent said:
So FoxDie targeted specific DNA, I thought the virus was more "realistic" than that... :lol
Yeah, I remembered about Decoy Octopus posing as the Darpa Chief

It's worth noting that FoxDie is a retrovirus and thus isn't contagious.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

Metroidvania

Laurent said:
Makes sense, but where did you take this information? Was it mentioning in the game?

If I'm remembering _this_ bit right, Liquid mentions the
blood draining somwhere either right after you activate Rex, or after the Rex fight, right before the punching fight.

NeoUltima

Laurent said:
They don't come right out and say it however...
In a codec conversation with Naomi, she explains that Octopus drains the blood out of people who he disguises as. Later when you see the real DARPA Chief in the jailcell, his blood had been drained from his body.

edit: Okay, apparently Liquid, scratch that, and Raven do come out and say it as well :p.

DrBo42

Metroidvania said:
If I'm remembering _this_ bit right, Liquid mentions the
blood draining somwhere either right after you activate Rex, or after the Rex fight, right before the punching fight.
Yeah. It's in the
"you're just a puppet"
speech.

Frog

Laurent said:
Basically, I think people are overreacting with spoilers when soundtrack is being considerated.
A song is called Father & Son, why would this be a spoiler? This doesn't mean Big Boss will make a comeback; does it means Snake as a son? I think people are jumping to conclusions...

Solidus said the Snakes can't have children, their ability to reproduce was removed through genetic engineering.

NeoUltima said:
Actually...(mgs1)

That's wrong, Anderson was not a target of FoxDie.

kuYuri

g35twinturbo said:
I hate you btw for having the MGS3 LE

I have it too. :lol

Sorry for blurry pic
j76lc4.jpg

MollyMillions said:
This should pretty much cover it.

PM me if you want to meet up, I'll probably get at least 2-3 people to come with me, we're gonna intimidate Koji into giving up ZOE3 sekrits.

That page doesn't go into too much detail though.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Catalix said:
:lol interesting. Thread's gone viral. I bet even Kojima's gazed upon its awesomeness by now.

If he can read Chinese, I guess. I think the guys are Konami and Kojima Productions are every aware of this awesome topic.

NeoUltima

Frog said:
Hmmm...possibly, however...the(mgs1)
Secretary of Defense does say Donald was his friend...but I'm still not sure if he wasn't intended to die. We don't really know if the Secretary was in control of who died from FoxDie and who didn't. He liked to think he was in control of the operation, but in the end Solidus was(and ultimately the Patriots, according to "The Darkness of Shadow Moses", once MGS2 lore came about). I don't think Solidus or the Patriots would have wanted the DARPA chief to live.

Ephemeris

DrBo42 said:
Either Liquid or Ocelot talks about it, it's definitely in the MGS1 dialogue.

Raven :
That was not the DARPA Chief. It was Decoy Octopus. A member of
FOX-HOUND. He was a master of disguise. He copied his subjects
down to the blood. So he drained the Chief's blood and took it
into himself. But he wasn't able to deceive the Angel of Death.

Strider2K99 said:
I have it too. :lol

Snaaaaaaaaake!!!

*Jumps into his personal Hind D*

Frog said:
Solidus said the Snakes can't have children, their ability to reproduce was removed through genetic engineering.

Yes but (MGS3 Spoiler/MGS4 Soundtrack Speculation)
Big Boss nailed Eva. I'm pretty sure he wasn't wearing a condom and she wasn't carrying pills lol. Eva might have a child, thus "Big Mama".

Metroidvania

Frog said:

Why else would Octopus have died from foxdie-like conditions, then?

Wolf, Mantis, and Raven showed no signs of having Foxdie symptoms, I can't see why Octopus would have been affected othewise.

Raven :
That was not the DARPA Chief. It was Decot Octopus. A member of
FOX-HOUND. He was a master of disguise. He copied his subjects
down to the blood. So he drained the Chief's blood and took it
into himself. But he wasn't able to decieve the Angel of Death.

It's there too, but I'm almost certain that Liquid does mention it as well, in explaining
why they needed Snake to activate Rex with the heat key.

Yes but (MGS3 Spoiler/MGS4 Speculation)
Big Boss nailed Eva. I'm pretty sure he wasn't wearing a condom and she wasn't carrying pills lol. Eva might have a child, thus "Big Mama".

Big Boss was already
sterile from the Bikini Atoll testing. However, regarding EVA....Big Mama may indicate that EVA was the carrier for the Les Enfantes Terible project

Laurent

shagg_187 said:
That makes sense!

Ephemeris

shagg_187 said:

Big Boss can't have children. He was irradiated on Bikini Atoll if I remember correctly [beat the game a couple days ago]

Acid08

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
Not a problem. I'm currently camped out at the Apple store right now typing on my iTouch :lol. I should head on home now since I'm really hungry. :D. I think I'll get so pizza at Blondie's before I go.
Oh man Blondies is the best :D . Have you ever had Fat Slice in Berkeley? FANTASTIC pizza. And thank you for checking with the PS Store. Sounds like I'm going to get there around 10 hopefully.

Laurent

Ephemeris said:
Big Boss can't have children. He was irradiated on Bikini Atoll if I remember correctly [beat the game a couple days ago]
So, Nuke = Sterile? Fortunately, Dr. Henry Jones Jr. had is kid waaaaaay back then...
:lol

KZObsessed

100_3622.JPG

W....W...W....WOW! There was a MGS3 Metal Case???? Does anyone know where this was released, it's PAL but I don't think it was released here in UK??

Seriously I MUST HAVE IT! I'm a sucker for those steelbooks! :lol

edit: dabookermaaaaaaaaan!!!

NeoUltima

shagg_187 said:
Yes but (MGS3 Spoiler/MGS4 Speculation)
That would be insane if...(speculation)
Snake isn't actually a clone, and maybe his rapid aging is related to something else(foxdie somehow?)....

Or something else even crazier, doubtful and way out on a limb...(speculation/OST spoiler/possible MGS4 spoilers)
Big Boss lives and he is actually the Patriots. Remember there is a song in the OST called "Father and Son", and there was early MGS4 concept art of Big Boss(complete with his robotic limbs). Hey, he miraculously survived Snake in MG1, maybe he did it in MG2 as well.

Darkpen said:
bruce, I've never seen like... half of the art from shinkawa that you're using for the OP. Is there like a gallery somewhere? D:

Sorry for the late reply bro.
I got the Artbooks for both MGS1 and 2 which I picked up off of Play-Asia a long time ago.
I think you can find them on the internet in PDF for if you look.

NeoUltima

Metroidvania said:
Big Boss was already
sterile from the Bikini Atoll testing. However, regarding EVA....Big Mama may indicate that EVA was the carrier for the Les Enfantes Terible project
EVA did disapear, according to MGS3 credits, before the Les Enfantes Terible project. So I think it would be a damn safe bet to assume she was the carrier given that and her name. :O

Laurent

Acid08 said:
These black bars are making me want to die :(. PLEASE STOP :(.
Calm down, lots of Twin Snakes spoilers...

NeoUltima said:
EVA did disapear, according to MGS3 credits, before the Les Enfantes Terible project. So I think it would be a damn safe bet to assume she was the carrier given that and her name. :O
YOU
NAILED
IT
!

SPECULATION:
Perhaps they cloned him behind his back actually, using the DNA in... his... semen? Eva's mission?

NeoUltima said:
That would be insane if...(speculation)
Snake isn't actually a clone, and maybe his rapid aging is related to something else(foxdie somehow?)....

Or something else even crazier, doubtful and way out on a limb...(speculation/OST spoiler/possible MGS4 spoilers)
Big Boss lives and he is actually the Patriots. Remember there is a song in the OST called "Father and Son", and there was early MGS4 concept art of Big Boss(complete with his robotic limbs). Hey, he miraculously survived Snake in MG1, maybe he did it in MG2 as well.

Well... ONE of them is somewhat true... (MG:pO Spoiler)
Ocelot requests Big Boss be able to 'join' them (he and the man on the phone) in their new endeavor - becoming the Patriots. (taken STRAIGHT from wiki for i couldn't find better words lol)

NeoUltima

Laurent said:
Calm down, lots of Twin Snakes spoilers...

YOU
NAILED
IT
!
I'm a bit slow :D .
I always keep calling her EVA instead of Big Mama. Probably why I didn't realize this until now :lol .

NeoUltima

shagg_187 said:

Ocelot requests Big Boss be able to 'join' them (he and the man on the phone) in their new endeavor - becoming the Patriots. (taken STRAIGHT from wiki for i couldn't find better words lol)
O shnap! (I never played PO)
Kojima, your story shall be cracked before we even get the game.

(okay, I should stop speculating now before really I convince myself these speculations are true)

Ephemeris

shagg_187 said:

I posted that somewhere a couple days .. wait a sec. Seems like I made the post this morning.:lol Anyways:

Final Convo of Portable Ops:

Ocelot: Well, I'll be damned. So it was you who was feeding me
information. (pause) Yes, the DCI's death should pass as suicide.
They'll claim he did it because he felt responsible for the theft of
Metal Gear. We can look forward to a major shake-up on the seventh
floor at Langley shortly. It looks as if everything is going exactly
the way you wanted it. (pause) When the DCI saw the trajectory data you
supplied and found out that he was the target of the nuclear strike, he
brought the Philosophers' documents right to me. (pause) Yes, we should
have known Gene was serious about launching those nukes... Seems our
insurance policy came in handy after all. He did quite well... And now
I've got the Legacy. Is that all part of your script, too? Using him
and the FOX Unit like that... Only you could have pulled it off. But... You
won't be using me anymore... (pause) ...Battle data... ...from the Perfect
Soldier? (pause) Genes... genome... (pause) ...I see... Intriguing... I'll help
you with the project. But on one condition... I want him to join us.
(pause) Yes, Big Boss... So that we can become the Patriots.

(click)

Mets39

FFObsessed said:
W....W...W....WOW! There was a MGS3 Metal Case???? Does anyone know where this was released, it's PAL but I don't think it was released here in UK??

Seriously I MUST HAVE IT! I'm a sucker for those steelbooks! :lol

edit: dabookermaaaaaaaaan!!!

I have the metal case one! Got it on the launch of MGS3: Snake Eater (March 8, 2005 in EU)

tribal24

Banned
also wtf guys!! after watching the retropective part 3
i didnt know there was a action mini game in mgs 3 when naked gets his eye off, maybe its the new game kojima is working on>.>

Laurent

tribal24 said:
i didnt know there was a action mini game in mgs 3 when naked gets his eye off, maybe its the new game kojima is working on>.>
Welcome to 2004... ;oP

Frog

Metroidvania said:
Why else would Octopus have died from foxdie-like conditions, then?

All the FOXHOUND members were targets of FoxDie, with the possible exception of Ocelot. They tried to explain why most of them stayed alive long enough for a boss fight:

Ocelot : FoxDie... It killed Octopus and the ArmsTech president... So it's
true that it affects older people first. Mantis might not have been
affected because he wore a mask.

Liquid : Wolf wasn't infected either. Perhaps due to those tranquilizers
she always took.

Ocelot : Something to do with the adrenaline level in the blood?

I suppose only Naomi knows for sure who was targeted after she made her alterations, but it seems pretty clear to me that the targets were Baker and the FOXHOUND members, except for the Snakes who were a special case with a random variable.

Laurent

g35twinturbo said:
gotta make sure to add you to the hate list also :(
Huh, guys? eBay... I just saw a copie being sold for 89$...

Frog said:
All the FOXHOUND members were targets of FoxDie, with the possible exception of Ocelot. They tried to explain why most of them stayed alive long enough for a boss fight:

Ocelot : FoxDie... It killed Octopus and the ArmsTech president... So it's
true that it affects older people first. Mantis might not have been
affected because he wore a mask.

Liquid : Wolf wasn't infected either. Perhaps due to those tranquilizers
she always took.

Ocelot : Something to do with the adrenaline level in the blood?
Wolf wasn't affected because she was fucking far from Snake during every battle, with the exception of his capture after their first encounter...

Ephemeris

tribal24 said:

Then he's been working on it since 2004. Plus, having played it recently, it really wasn't all that good [i know i know, only a snippet]

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
NeoUltima said:
That's one of the more popular theories out there. Just to add to your speculation,
Les Enfants Terribles was also known as Project Eve.

Ephemeris said:
I posted that somewhere a couple days .. wait a sec. Seems like I made the post this morning.:lol Anyways:

Final Convo of Portable Ops:

Ocelot: Well, I'll be damned. So it was you who was feeding me
information. (pause) Yes, the DCI's death should pass as suicide.
They'll claim he did it because he felt responsible for the theft of
Metal Gear. We can look forward to a major shake-up on the seventh
floor at Langley shortly. It looks as if everything is going exactly
the way you wanted it. (pause) When the DCI saw the trajectory data you
supplied and found out that he was the target of the nuclear strike, he
brought the Philosophers' documents right to me. (pause) Yes, we should
have known Gene was serious about launching those nukes... Seems our
insurance policy came in handy after all. He did quite well... And now
I've got the Legacy. Is that all part of your script, too? Using him
and the FOX Unit like that... Only you could have pulled it off. But... You
won't be using me anymore... (pause) ...Battle data... ...from the Perfect
Soldier? (pause) Genes... genome... (pause) ...I see... Intriguing... I'll help
you with the project. But on one condition... I want him to join us.
(pause) Yes, Big Boss... So that we can become the Patriots.

(click)

I just watched the MGS: PO story for the first time and I want to discuss what it all means. We are doing so in the "playing MGS for the first time" thread.

Ephemeris

g35twinturbo said:
gotta make sure to add you to the hate list also :(

Let's team up.

But just this once. I'm still a little bitter over the fact
The only reason I exist is so they could create you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom