• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankir

I have the NA LE on pre order but does it come with all this?
Whats on the Blu Ray Disk btw?

mgs4_se_unboxed_02.jpg

more importantly, does it come with this?
mgs4_figure.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
dankir said:
I have the NA LE on pre order but does it come with all this?
Whats on the Blu Ray Disk btw?

mgs4_se_unboxed_02.jpg

more importantly, does it come with this?
mgs4_figure.jpg

No figure, but you do get an exclusive gamestop MGS4 artbook. The blu-ray has some Kojima interviews and hopefully trailers in 1080p.

I don't think that there is a game with as much real gameplay variety. There are games that give you a chance to "sneak" or go guns blazing, but it is usually a very simplistic system that doesn't need to be used at all.

GTA IV and Assassin's Creed got extremely repetitive after 5-8 hours of playtime, they had close to no variety in missions, you always do the same thing. This is where MGS4 shines, not only does it give you many different options to approach the missions, those options are all really fleshed out so none of them feels like an add on, and on top of that you have very varied objectives.

As for technical achievements, read the reviews, some of them go as far as to call some technical aspects of MGS4 as revolutionary.

dankir

neojubei said:
No figure, but you do get an exclusive gamestop MGS4 artbook. The blu-ray has some Kojima interviews and hopefully trailers in 1080p.

FOK I want that figurine, it looks so.. so pretty!

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
$h@d0w said:
Yeah, the episode covers MGS3 and MGS:pO.
Just watched it. I'm still unsure about a few things.

I'm not sure if MGS: PO info should be in spoilers, but I'll put them in there anyway just incase if there's someone else who hasnt played the game and wants to:

1)
Why did Gene want to fire a nuke at the USA?

2)
Cunningham wanted snake to provoke gene into firing a nuke at Russia, but how did he expect him to do that when gene's intention was to fire the nuke at america? Its not like snake couldnt walked upto gene and said "hey man, nuke russia instead

3) This wasnt mentioned in the retrospective, but its on wikipedia:
Who was the person that ocelot talks to at the end?

Dever

Banned
But man, a slipcase for the regular editions too? Man that would be awesome. I hope it's not Australia exclusive...

Oh wait, hahahahaha. What was I thinking.

dkeane

Hey guy who has MGS4 - take the stickers off your fucking TV!

OK I'm diving off the internet, there really is no place to hide from spoilers.

neojubei

ZeroTolerance said:
EDIT THAT FUCKING SHIT OUT..NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE IT. POST THE FUCKING LINK.

What is wrong with you, there isn't anything there that would constitute as a spoiler. I'm shocked you didn't go crazy at the OP, there is mroe info there than in those pics.

Now I am a bitter betty that someone has the game before me, but those pics are not spoilers, even the manual that shows the controls are in the OP.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Half the people in here are ridiculous. First the shit that Ploid caught over his avatar was bullshit, then the supposed Bioshock spoilers, and now this.

Bulla564

Banned
This game is CONSUMING MY LIFE.

As I am already planning my tribute to Snake and MGS4, I'm looking for a backdrop song.

For those that have heard the MGS4 OST, is it indeed EPIC??

I have been looking around, and I am thinking of mixing up songs from either Kingdom of Heaven OST, or from 300.

Should I just wait for the MGS4 OST?

Here is my past series tribute to help in the wait...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/4531.html

evil ways

Bulla564 said:
This game is CONSUMING MY LIFE.

As I am already planning my tribute to Snake and MGS4, I'm looking for a backdrop song.

For those that have heard the MGS4 OST, is it indeed EPIC??

I have been looking around, and I am thinking of mixing up songs from either Kingdom of Heaven OST, or from 300.

Should I just wait for the MGS4 OST?

Here is my past series tribute to help in the wait...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/4531.html

Please do stick to music from the mgs soundtracks. Making a video using songs from movies like Matrix, Gladiator, 300 etc. is the cheesiest shit ever.

Rengoku

I'm not sure if this was discussed in a preview or review since I've been trying to stay away from spoilers, but is there a Theater Mode in MGS4? Where I can rewatch all the cutscenes after finishing the game?

Ephemeris

Rengoku said:
I'm not sure if this was discussed in a preview or review since I've been trying to stay away from spoilers, but is there a Theater Mode in MGS4? Where I can rewatch all the cutscenes after finishing the game?
sackboyant.gif
sackboyant.gif

Can't.. stop.. watching..

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Rengoku said:
Hopefully.

I'd love it if they made it like the one in MGS2 where you could swap the characters around in the scenes.

Darkpen

Banned
I'm surprised they have the cover slip's inside is printed with something. Normally, only Sony's 1st party games have it that way. For blu-ray packaging in general, I think the only other company that prints on the inside for movies is Disney, as well.

psycho_snake said:
3)
This wasnt mentioned in the retrospective, but its on wikipedia: Who was the person that ocelot talks to at the end?
I forget the other details, but I'm pretty sure you're lead to suspect that it's Major Zero. If not, we'll definitely find out in MGS4 because Big Boss, Ocelot, and whoever it was were the first Patriots.

hirokazu

neojubei said:
Wow, another game leaked early in the UK and they wonder why most games are delayed there.

Yes I am bitter and jealous.
That's the Australian version there. I hope all versions have the slip cover, dunno, just cool. But something tells be the LEs won't, or at least the US LE won't because it has the cardboard case already.

Ok the guy who has those MGS4 pics, who has it earlier.

I just :(

I just bought it off the same seller. I should get it tomorrow o_o

Gaf, have I sinned :( ?

neojubei

Rengoku said:

Hopefully there is a theater mode.

Tom Penny

dabookerman said:
Ok the guy who has those MGS4 pics, who has it earlier.

I just :(

I just bought it off the same seller. I should get it tomorrow o_o

Gaf, have I sinned :( ?

You don't deserve the game you evil bastard. Now overnight the game to me instead ;)

Tom Penny said:
You don't deserve the game you evil bastard. Now overnight the game to me instead ;)

Well actually, I may end up selling the game before the game comes out to someone if they want it. Depends if i complete the game by Monday, which is unlikely.

It's just, I don't want massive australion age ratings on my MGS :mad:

Hideo Kojima Enters Guiness World Record

Hideo Kojima, the internationally acclaimed games designer, was in London this week to receive his Guinness World Record certificates, as listed in the Guinness World Record: Gamer’s Edition 2008. His achievements are for Metal Gear, the first video game to fully utilize stealth as part of the gameplay and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of liberty, the biggest selling stealth game on Play Station 2.

Earlier adventure games had used elements of stealth, such as hiding and disguises, but Kojima’s creation Metal Gear was the first game to concentrate solely on these elements, effectively creating the “stealth game” sub-genre.

Keith Pullin, Editor of the Guinness World Records: Gamer’s Edition 2008 book, was on hand to present the certificates and said ‘I would like to welcome Mr. Kojima to our family of gaming record breakers and we hope he breaks many more!’.

Kojima is the second videogame designer, after Firaxis Sid Meier, to get a Guinness World Record.

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=1095

sorry if old.

neojubei

depward said:
Hey, whoever posted those images needs to edit that shit out - I had to squint my eyes so I couldn't see them!

Yea I know I mean the boxart is a spoiler,right? someone should edit that action figure pic, thats too much information.

Bit-Bit

depward said:
Hey, whoever posted those images needs to edit that shit out - I had to squint my eyes so I couldn't see them!

Calm the fuck down man. There ain't any spoilers in there. Nothing we haven't seen. I mean, when you go to buy the game, will you close your eyes and not look at the case?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
neojubei said:
Yea I know I mean the boxart is a spoiler,right? someone should edit that action figure pic, thats too much information.
I fucking laughed, a lot. I'm usually very sensitive when it comes to spoilers but that just takes the price :lol

None of those pics are spoilers. If someone REALLY wants to stay clear of any details at ALL, this is not the topic for you. The internet is not for you. When we get the game, I don't want to have to spoiler tag everything when I discuss things that are in the game. Plot twists/plot points are spoilers, and that's all.

Chemo

BlockBastard said:
No, I'm whining about the pic of the manual.
Are you fucking serious? How is that a spoiler? The picture is so blurry that the manual's image looks like a TEXTURE.

I feel like posting the picture seventeen times. Some of you people really are completely unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom