• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Zenith said:
sure are a lot of whiners here. just don't highlight anything black. you claim you can't stand spoilers so much you should be able to control yourself.
What are you talking about? Juniors are saying that they read the spoilers, then they give us hints what they are about. That's fucking ridiculous.

SamuraiX-

GAF is my safe-haven right now. The second I hear about random spoilers being posted here without warnings and people getting banned because of it is the second I leave all gaming forums (maybe even gaming websites).

8 days to GOOOOO! BROTHER! IT'S BEEN TOO LOOOONNNG!

Imm0rt4l

dabookerman said:
Ok the guy who has those MGS4 pics, who has it earlier.

I just :(

I just bought it off the same seller. I should get it tomorrow o_o

Gaf, have I sinned :( ?

You're going to Hell.....

...with a scholarship

If you want to spoil the game for yourself then go right ahead, but don't turn around and post shit that suggests something about what you read. This is why it's best not to have spoilers at all in this thread because people do shit like that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SolidSnakex said:
If you want to spoil the game for yourself then go right ahead, but don't turn around and post shit that suggests something about what you read. This is why it's best not to have spoilers at all in this thread because people do shit like that.
I still don't know why that isn't bannable. Seriously, that's almost as bad as spoiling without spoiler tags.

Jesus Christ, guys!
Please avoid spoilers until the release. I don't want to see black bars all over this page :/

That said:

MGS3_Bailout.gif

K just got confirmation and it will be updated in the OP

NO POSTING OF SPOILERS PROPERLY TAGGED OR NOT BEFORE THE GAME COMES OUT DOING SO IS A BANNABLE OFFENSE.

ALSO POSTING IMAGES FROM THE GAME DIRECTLY INTO THE THREAD WILL NOT BE TOLERATED FOR ANY REASON POST LINKS INSTEAD.

Zenith

Banned
Seiken said:
What are you talking about? Juniors are saying that they read the spoilers, then they give us hints what they are about. That's fucking ridiculous.

"Please avoid spoilers until the release. I don't want to see black bars all over this page"

That's what I'm talking about. Don't click the thread, moron!

BruceLeeRoy said:

NO POSTING OF SPOILERS PROPERLY TAGGED OR NOT BEFORE THE GAME COMES OUT DOING SO IS A BANNABLE OFFENSE.

Now the thread is officially 101% perfect.

Yoshichan

Zenith said:
Don't click the thread, moron!
Wow, you really don't get it do you?

Yoshichan

BruceLeeRoy said:

ALSO POSTING IMAGES FROM THE GAME DIRECTLY INTO THE THREAD WILL NOT BE TOLERATED FOR ANY REASON POST LINKS INSTEAD.
Great job. I still think Laurent did something fucking terrible.

rikichi

BruceLeeRoy said:

Let's qoute this shit multiple times on each page just to be safe.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I scroll sometimes by highlighting text and dragging. So that's ass.

I don't even know why they'd be in here anyway. It's like going into the PoliGAF thread and posting poll results from the future.

NeoUltima said:
Kagari has said in the past that the game ships on the 6th.

On a friday? Weird. Well maybe weekend people at the stores don't know what they are doing. :lol I know I am probably not going to find a copy but I will at least try.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
This is ridiculous. The guy says himself that he will not spoil the story and the things he revealed are so minor and unimportant yet GAF is ready to kill people who posted the info. Come the fuck on! :lol

I won't read story spoilers. But minimal stuff like that? I don't see the problem.

Pedobear said:
This is ridiculous. The guy says himself that he will not spoil the story and the things he revealed are so minor and unimportant yet GAF is ready to kill people who posted the info. Come the fuck on! :lol

I won't read story spoilers. But minimal stuff like that? I don't see the problem.

You're just trying to get me to look, aren't you? :<

Yoshichan

BlockBastard said:
You're just trying to get me to look, aren't you? :<
Don't even think about it!

jvalioli

shagg_187 said:
The LE better hit my place before 10th. I Won't play it until 12th to respect the rest of Gaffers but i NEED IT SIGNED BY HIDEO KOJIMA, DAMNIT! :/

Time to hunt down UPS...
Why would yours ship before the 11th? Most online stores hold it or ask the shipper to hold it.

TheCardPlayer

Seiken said:
Don't even think about it!
Ah come on! Look at the OP! It explains the Drebin system! OKAY! Get points to buy weapons! One the spoilers you aren't reading in the MEDIUM pile is this:

THE SYSTEM WORKS WELL.

How is that even a spoiler? You don't even want to know if the game is good or not? That's too big a spoiler? I guess some people here won't even play the game for fear of spoiling themselves. Fuck.

Laurent

Seiken said:
Great job. I still think Laurent did something fucking terrible.
The spoiler had absolutely nothing to do with the image I've attached to my reply. It was a way I chose to express the magnitude of how heavy I thought the spoiler was (like a MEGATON if you will). I didn't think this could be interpreted as a hint to the spoiler because I didn't think someone would be dumb enough to act the way you think I did. I've removed the image from my post to avoid confusion.

hostiledrunk

Neo Member
Sorry if this is OT, but will Walmart be getting the MGS4 PS3 bundle? I've been calling around and they all say that their list shows that they are just getting the game, not the bundle. Anyone who works there wanna shed some light? I'd like to take advantage of the $100 gift card w/ purchase of a blu ray player deal...

Yoshichan

Pedobear said:
Ah come on! Look at the OP! It explains the Drebin system! OKAY! Get points to buy weapons! One the spoilers you aren't reading in the MEDIUM pile is this:

THE SYSTEM WORKS WELL.

How is that even a spoiler?
Yes and while you're at it, why don't you read DieH@rds post too?

DieH@rd said:
ULTRA MEGA SPOILAR!

TheCardPlayer

Seiken said:
Yes and while you're at it, why don't you read DieH@rds post too?
Yeah, well I didn't read that part just in case. But the medium stuff is basically the guy saying how awesome the game is.

I've been out of town and just stumbled on this thread...WOW!! Goos stuff here. Looks like I'm finally going to get a PS3, if I can get my hands on a MGS4 bundle. :D

Yoshichan

Pedobear said:
Yeah, well I didn't read that part just in case. But the medium stuff is basically the guy saying how awesome the game is.
Ah, that's fine I guess.

Apharmd Battler said:
I've been out of town and just stumbled on this thread...WOW!! Goos stuff here. Looks like I'm finally going to get a PS3, if I can get my hands on a MGS4 bundle. :D

I recall somewhere reading that Walmart is giving $100 gift certificates to anyone who purchases the bundle there.

Tom_Cody

BruceLeeRoy said:

BadBoys2.jpg

hostiledrunk

Neo Member
Choke on the Magic said:
I recall somewhere reading that Walmart is giving $100 gift certificates to anyone who purchases the bundle there.

According to the Walmarts, around me, they are only getting the game, not the bundle. Hope thats not true...

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I will punch anyone if they spoil MGS4 for me!

punch_tcp_ip.jpg

also, did anyone find out if Best Buy will have the Limited Edition MGS4? Only retail store that I've seen have it was Gamestop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom