• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, I love the MGS4 OST - sooo good. It's funny because I've been listening to the Smash Bros. Brawl version of Love Theme alongside the MGS4 version and have to say, I'm really impressed with the way that Nobuko Toda was able to match the epicness of MGS4's Love Theme with the Brawl version, especially since there are no words in the Brawl version.

brandonh83 said:
It's VERY true. It stomps on the other MGS OST's.

Agreed. I found that previous OSTs had really only a couple of tracks that I really liked whereas I've been surprised in the depth of MGS4's OST. A lot of really good pieces in there.

The Chef

I have listened to the MGS2 and 3 theme probably a dozen times today - gradually louder and louder each time.

I think im going deaf

The MGS4 soundtrack is amazing. I don't know if I like it more than MGS3's, though. Love Theme is astounding and Williams' stuff is among his best, but I really miss Norihiko Hibino... the stuff that I think is in-game music here is also great, but almost TOO ''busy''. They'll work well in the context of the game, but none of them feel as distinctive as Hibino's eclectic MGS2 work, or as interestingly structured and arranged as MGS3. They're fucking exciting, but sort of interchangeable.

Tideas

Banned
so i just listened to the soundtrack on youtube. the first disc didn't do much for me unfortunately :(

hopefully disc 2 is better

dmshaposv

From the samples I've heard (and some complete pieces from youtube) I'd say that in terms of soundtrack:

MGS2 > MGS > MGS3 > MGS4

Don't get me wrong though, MGS4's OST is still really amazing and much better than 90% of the stuff in the market, but the lack of the proper "theme" from MGS2 and some uninspired/unoriginal tracks which seem to be remixed from MGS3 and MGS2, its probably the weakest in the series.

Klone.K

Kagari said:
Fake... it wasn't even shrink wrapped.

Not so fast. Someone on gamefaq posted a dozen pics of the game plus their screen name and a bunch of spoilers. There was definitely a leak from somewhere even if that video is fake.

Klone.K said:
Dunno if this has been reported before but reports have started coming in from across the internets that people in the UK are getting the game early from gameplay.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4fvLbROkVOk

Fake lol.

That video is fake, it doesnt match with the earlier pics, especially the manual, and the fact that the cover slip doesnt have a background you see when you open the case up. Plus, it isn't shrinkwrapped.

Here is the pic of the REAL one

dmshaposv said:
From the samples I've heard (and some complete pieces from youtube) I'd say that in terms of soundtrack:

MGS2 > MGS > MGS3 > MGS4

Don't get me wrong though, MGS4's OST is still really amazing and much better than 90% of the stuff in the market, but the lack of the proper "theme" from MGS2 and some uninspired/unoriginal tracks which seem to be remixed from MGS3 and MGS2, its probably the weakest in the series.

To each their own, but I have to whole heartedly disagree. Especially since you think
MGS2 soundtrack is the best. Everyone has their favs, MGS2 ost is my least favorite.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
kamorra said:
Please, no
Fine then.

All the stuff in spoiler tags is MGS: PO related

Verboten said:
I forget the other details, but I'm pretty sure you're lead to suspect that it's Major Zero. If not, we'll definitely find out in MGS4 because Big Boss, Ocelot, and whoever it was were the first Patriots.
I thought Ocelot suggested that they should recruit Big Boss to become one of the patriots, but I thought Big Boss would have declined that offer

DunpealD

Arm cut off: "Sucks for you dude"
Raiden = "whiny, pretty, boy soldier" ---> "Badass Raiden"
"Evil dude Vamp"

The Fox News Video is hilarious. :lol

Seriously if you really want a good serious recap watch the retrospectives from Gametrailers.

Mromson

DunpealD said:
Arm cut off: "Sucks for you dude"
Raiden = "whiny, pretty, boy soldier" ---> "Badass Raiden"
"Evil dude Vamp"

The Fox News Video is hilarious. :lol

Seriously if you really want a good serious recap watch the retrospectives from Gametrailers.
Well, watching that - people don't need (most probably don't want a super detailed recap), the video was very newcomer friendly, which is great.

tha_con

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:
To each their own, but I have to whole heartedly disagree. Especially since you think
MGS2 soundtrack is the best. Everyone has their favs, MGS2 ost is my least favorite.

I agree, I think MGS2 was great, but MGS4 seems to carry a lot more emotion in it's tracks.

Laurent

Can't wait to see the recap from The Making Off Blu-ray disc... It will be an english version of what was posted last weekend if I am not mistaken?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
DunpealD said:
yeah I watched retrospective 4, which is the one about MGS3 and Portable Ops. Its about 20 minutes long and it goes over all the main events from the games. Its definately worth watching for people who want a recap.

I'll watch the other retrospectives when I have the time

dmshaposv said:

MGS2 > MGS > MGS3 > MGS4

Well then, I'm heading to uni to give my midterm. Once i am done, I'll put up a list of my favorite MGS4 tracks. There are just so many that i'll need to listen to them all over again. From the top of my head these tracks need a definite listen:

- Love Theme
- BB Corps
- Old Snake
- Gekko
- Haven Troopers

And these are only the first 5 tracks out of the 47 tracks in the disc, and even these 47 tracks aren't the final tracks since ALOT of music (the entire MGO soundtrack) is missing.

Oh and Ennio MOTHERFUCKING Morricone's music is missing from this disc too.

ENNIO. MORRICONE!

Darkpen

Banned
lol, fox news has a gaming segment now? I have to say, I think they did a pretty bang up job for explaining the basics of the MGS saga.

lherre

Accurate
Some images of the presentation in Spain (Madrid)

First the "catch" you in the Santiago Bernabeu

DSC00147.jpg

You go to an aerodrome:

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

One of the beauties:

DSC00186.jpg

My friend (mocolostrocolos):

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

Laurent

Darkpen said:
lol, fox news has a gaming segment now? I have to say, I think they did a pretty bang up job for explaining the basics of the MGS saga.
The guy sounded exactly like Victor Lucas... could it be?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DSC00186.jpg

So fucking cute.

Ephemeris

shagg_187 said:
Well then, I'm heading to uni to give my midterm. Once i am done, I'll put up a list of my favorite MGS4 tracks. There are just so many that i'll need to listen to them all over again. From the top of my head these tracks need a definite listen:

- Love Theme
- BB Corps
- Old Snake
- Gekko
- Haven Troopers

I can't make it past Old Snake theme. Love the way it begins..

tha_con

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:
Picking up my MGS4 BT headset tomorrow or friday. I'm thinking about picking up the strategy guide, but I don't trust myself.

#@$@#$)(^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS IT AVAILABLE!?!?!?!?!

the chris

Just want to make sure, but does the Gamestop artbook come with the regular edition of the game? I have to switch from the collector's edition due to the lack of available funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom