• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurent

Seriously, everybody here thinks that "DID YOU RIKE IT?" is funny (or perhaps getting a little bit old) but I am having a hard time imagining Kojima NOT thinking that you are making fun of him or his accent...

You try to be funny, but it doesn't work... Just stop!

Imm0rt4l

DSC00150.jpg

that chic is bad...

rikichi

Laurent said:
Seriously, everybody here thinks that "DID YOU RIKE IT?" is funny (or perhaps getting a little bit old) but I am having a hard time imagining Kojima NOT thinking that you are making fun of him or his accent...

You try to be funny, but it doesn't work... Just stop!

i agree. shit aint funny.

hearing the dude say that gave me fukin douche chills.

hope to god i dont hear that shit at the SF event.

Gen-X

Banned
lherre said:
Kojima is speaking (or reading) in spanish.
Yes I know he is I understand it but, what I'm trying to say is I think he took that as an insult in terms of his english speaking abilities.

Can anyone confirm or deny the quality of the REAL ACTION HEROES' MGS4 statues for Raiden and Old Snake? There's a 360$ deal for the two and I was wondering also if Play-Asia is the best place to order.

I don't think I will say that anymore, I'm starting to feel awful for saying it in the first place. He probably finds it really offensive :(

Laurent

rikichi said:
i agree. shit aint funny.

hearing the dude say that gave me fukin douche chills.

hope to god i dont hear that shit at the SF event.
Of course you will, and you are going to feel bad everytime... Sorry!

I still really want a 360 version of this. I refuse to buy a PS3 just for this game--but I also refused to buy a 360 just to play Bioshock, and a friend let me borrow his so I could play it.

Maybe I'll just watch the cutscenes on youtube.

lherre

Accurate
Guys you are misunderstanding (more or less), it was more or less a bet between friends, it isn't to make fun of Kojima.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
JzeroT1437 said:
I still really want a 360 version of this. I refuse to buy a PS3 just for this game--but I also refused to buy a 360 just to play Bioshock, and a friend let me borrow his so I could play it.

Never going to happen.

GalacticAE said:
Damn. I cringed. Even if your friend's intentions were not to insult Kojima, it seems that he took offense. Just rude. :(

Seriously that just sent chills of fricken embarassment up my spine.
You need to tell your friend to knock that shite off man. You finally
have a chance to talk to Kojima who is responsible for creating one
of the greatest gaming series ever and all anyone can think to say is
"Do you rike it!" what a fu#@$ing disgrace.​

You know, as stupid as this sounds, do you guys(as a whole I guess) really think that Kojima is saying "Like" with a R sound? I've listened to it plenty of times and it sounds like a L to me. So every time I saw the "did you rike it" line, I could never figure out if you guys were joking about Kojima himself or the Japanese people in general.

Busty

Banned
This thread, like the game, is a monster. I can't wait until the week the game's released. Every other post will just be a block of 'spoilered' text.

JzeroT1437 said:

So wait... are you saying that you hope MGS4 comes out on the 360....

So you can then wait for your 360 owning friend to buy the game and play it.

And then when he's finished with it, you'll borrow the game and his 360 so you can then play it?

o_O

Crateman

lherre said:
My friend telling Kojima "did you rike it?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLIEiPjCpsw

Attention to kojima's face :lol

Please tell your friend he's a fucking rude asshole for doing that.

Better yet, dile al gilipollas de tu amigo que se valla a tomar por culo.

That shit is not fucking funny. Some people -myself included- would will to have the opportunity to be face to face with Kojima... and the cabronazo of your friend does that fucking childish thing?

Sad and pathetic. I hope he get's the whole game spoiled.

Dante

Yeah, yelling "Do you rike it" at him is extremely rude and insulting..... Hope nobody does that at the SF event.

dabookerman said:
Tomorrow for me :3

I am very happy for you but at the same time I hate you. Its so weird. :p

Be sure to come back with impressions, no details or spoilers just stuff like how good it is. If this thread doesn't want to hear it PM me cause I do.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, chill with all the "did you rike it" hating...

h3ro

Doing my MGS Marathon right now guys, I have a question about MGS1:

There is a cutscene after you kill the guards after meeting Meryl. Liquid yells at Mantis "You've killed him, you fool!" while they show a dead body in the torture rack thing. This is followed by Snakes hallucination and subsequent codec call about Mantis. Who is that person that Mantis killed and whos body is in the torture rack?

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to knock out all of MGS1 today :D

(its my first time playing the series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom