• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Foxnews vid was pretty good! Funny too.

But damn, the moment I heard the Harry Gregson Williams rendition of the MGS theme at the end relayed over MGS1,MGS2, MGS3, MGS4 footage my pants tingle at it's epicness, reminds me how I will miss the complete theme so. :(

h3ro said:
Doing my MGS Marathon right now guys, I have a question about MGS1:

There is a cutscene after you kill the guards after meeting Meryl. Liquid yells at Mantis "You've killed him, you fool!" while they show a dead body in the torture rack thing. This is followed by Snakes hallucination and subsequent codec call about Mantis. Who is that person that Mantis killed and whos body is in the torture rack?

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to knock out all of MGS1 today :D

(its my first time playing the series)

Only read this if you've finished the game and still don't understand:
Donald Anderson, DARPA Chief

jjasper

h3ro said:
Doing my MGS Marathon right now guys, I have a question about MGS1:

There is a cutscene after you kill the guards after meeting Meryl. Liquid yells at Mantis "You've killed him, you fool!" while they show a dead body in the torture rack thing. This is followed by Snakes hallucination and subsequent codec call about Mantis. Who is that person that Mantis killed and whos body is in the torture rack?

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to knock out all of MGS1 today :D

(its my first time playing the series)

If you play the game all the way through it is explained.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I need some advice my fellow MGS fans, I am in a predicament.

I pre-ordered 2 copies of MGS4 LE at GS so I can open one and keep one sealed for collection purposes. of course this was before I found out about the LA Midnight signing event. I come to find out that Best Buy will not be having the MGS4 LE available since its GS exclusive (or so they say). What am I to do? Seems that....

1. I just get a regular copy of MGS4 signed or
2. Drive to SF on the 14th (from LA) and hope that they let me get my MGS4 LE signed since we had reports of people not getting anything outside of what is there signed?

Please help me GAF!

Darkpen

Banned
and why shouldn't we? First of all, the guy's voice sounds nasaly and annoying as hell, and second, its pretty damn rude.

Mromson

g35twinturbo said:

I pre-ordered 2 copies of MGS4 LE at GS so I can open one and keep one sealed for collection purposes. of course this was before I found out about the LA Midnight signing event. I come to find out that Best Buy will not be having the MGS4 LE available since its GS exclusive (or so they say). What am I to do? Seems that....

2. Drive to SF on the 14th (from LA) and hope that they let me get my MGS4 LE signed since we had reports of people not getting anything outside of what is there signed?

Please help me GAF!
Three MGS4 copies won't hurt. ;p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Darkpen said:
and why shouldn't we? First of all, the guy's voice sounds nasaly and annoying as hell, and second, its pretty damn rude.
Sounds just as annoying as;
Snape kills Dumbledore!
?

Guled

nelsonroyale said:
wow, some of you are taking that vid too seriously...........................
how would you like if you spent 4 years of your life, and risk tens of millions of dollars trying to please your fans, then they make fun of your English skills

DrBo42

Talladega Knight said:
I don't know, I can't make out any type of reaction from Kojima after the fucking douchbag opened his shit filled mouth. Thank God too.

Agreed. What a total asshat.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Imm0rt4l said:
DSC00150.jpg

that chic is bad...

The guy in the white shirt is kind of cute.

Ephemeris

BruceLeeRoy said:
Oh you will have one........
Nice :D

g35twinturbo said:

Please help me GAF!

Well to confirm your fears brother, it is a GS exclusive.

I'd take you to SF if it wasn't for
1) My being in NYC.
2)You know it's coming:
YOU DESTROYING MY HIND-D

MiamiWesker said:
I am very happy for you but at the same time I hate you. Its so weird. :p

Be sure to come back with impressions, no details or spoilers just stuff like how good it is. If this thread doesn't want to hear it PM me cause I do.

There will be no story spoilers at all. I am just wondering whether to make a new thread or not. But alas, there I go talking, as if I am certain the game will come. I am still a bit sceptical. And over excited I guess. This could end up being massively dissapointing lol.

We will see.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Ephemeris said:
Nice :D

Well to confirm your fears brother, it is a GS exclusive.

I'd take you to SF if it wasn't for
1) My being in NYC.
2)You know it's coming:
YOU DESTROYING MY HIND-D

:lol

Damn, I figured so. My issue is that will they let me get my copy signed if I brought it there? I dont mind driving, thats not an issue.

Plus, even if you was to come
after me with your Hind-D, I will make sure to bring some stingers
:D

Darkpen

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:
The chick at my GS said they would be in on thurday or friday. If it turns out she was lying, I'll sneak in there in cardboard box and CQC her ass.
Choke on the Magic
(Today, 03:04 PM)

:( You're such a magic hater

DunpealD

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
So you mean to tell me the internet doesn't translate to real life? Get out of town!

No it doesn't in this matter since people in GAF use that phrase in context to show their affection(in a good way).
In real life KojiPro flies the long way to Europe which should have at least taken 8 hours and much more since he's traveling to other countries, in order to get to a big signing event to celebrate the coming release of MGS4.
The circumstances just don't add up, hence the sentence is completely out of context and turns into a plain crude, rude offense. Better think about it twice or more, before pulling such a crude joke.

burgerdog

Choke on the Magic said:
The chick at my GS said they would be in on thurday or friday. If it turns out she was lying, I'll sneak in there in cardboard box and CQC her ass.

Fucking awesome, good one.

megateto

Jason's Ultimatum said:
The guy holding the rifle doesn't even know how to properly hold a rifle.

/anal

The guy is probably Spanish, so chances of him holding a real weapon are practically null.

Regarding the "rike" video, I just took it as a "Caiga Quien Caiga"-like stunt. CQC is a satirical tv-show (born in Argentina, it has a Spanish version now) in which they like to have fun with famous people, not make fun of famous people. Sometimes the jokes bomb, others are simply great.

Darkpen said:
that's seriously fucking rude. I hope your friend is ashamed of himself and removes that video.

Yeah, seriously Kojima took the time to learn our language. Then again he did seemingly want to create a meme with it. I doubt Kojima is that daft to not realize the implications of his phrasing and the concept of memes.

If not the case yeah, you friend deserves

65f4d8408df3000e16d56b730811f0b8.jpg

Zeke

can some please resize that new wallpaper I need a 1024x768 ;(
Someone please tell me those MGS shirts are for sale somewhere, not the ones Kojima and Yoji are wearing the ones the actors are wearing.

Barrett2

nelsonroyale said:
wow, some of you are taking that vid too seriously...........................

Making fun of someone for the way they speak is not acceptable, and hasn't been funny since about the 5th-fucking-grade.

tzare

well, it was just a joke, i don't think is something to be ashamed of. You didn't like it? just forget it. Maybe konami or those important reporters from EGM should really be ashamed for trying to manipulate reviews. That's one serious point, not a joke in a press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom