• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Chuck

Still without luck
I guess I will finish MGS 1 this weekend and do the proper playthrough, playing them in the correct order of release.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Smeghead said:
Any chance of this being region free?
"has region 1 on the side of the case, for the guy asking about region"

Aren't all PS3 games region free though?

This guy is a GAF lurker btw so feel free to post questions

~Kinggi~

Banned
I hope he posts pics of how the games adapt to the widescreen format. Wonder why there was a cutscene aspect ratio option there.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wario64 said:
"metal gear 1 and 2 accessible from MGS 3 menu. No snake vs monkey :-("

12bVa.jpg

VEWw2.jpg

So MG1 and 2 ARE included?

How about skateboarding?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
~Kinggi~ said:
I hope he posts pics of how the games adapt to the widescreen format. Wonder why there was a cutscene aspect ratio option there.

Konami asked months ago whether players wanted full screen or super wide screen format. They included both options to please both players

" peace walker has a configuring system data screen up now. mandatory install?" ... "didnt last long though, so maybe not"

zlatko

Banned
The most important question I have:

How does Peace Walker's Versus Ops work on PS3?

So:
Where is the menu for it hidden?
What kind of online features is it sporting?
Is it 3v3, 6v6, ?

zlatko said:
The most important question I have:

How does Peace Walker's Versus Ops work on PS3?

So:
Where is the menu for it hidden?
What kind of online features is it sporting?
Is it 3v3, 6v6, ?
That's what I'm wondering. Multi Peace Walking sounds a lot better over PSN with dual stick controls to me. Can't freakin wait

About to pre-order it, which version is better? PS3 or 360?

I prefer to play games on my 360 but is there any REAL differences between the two?

Emily Chu

Banned
Is it already in stores would like to pick it up at at a best buy or something. : / or is it a dated release don't sell b4 so and so

Yen

Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
That's what I'm wondering. Multi Peace Walking sounds a lot better over PSN with dual stick controls to me. Can't freakin wait
Versus Ops icon
Co-op
3v3

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ZkG3L.jpg

"metal gear original looks great. Un-antialiased chunky pixel goodness "

UlHVo.jpg

"transfarring only in peace walker looks like"

~Kinggi~ said:
I thought mgs 2 would have it as its the substance version right?

The skateboarding thing was like a demo for Evolution Skateboarding. It ran on a completely different engine so it probably wasn't worth porting that engine up just for a pretty mediocre extra.

The better question would be if Guy Savage is still in MGS3, since that ran on a different engine too I think.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
"peace walker camera is true analog. people were afraid it wasnt gonna be smooth, right?"

He can't check multiplayer stuff since it's not open right away?

RyanFYD

Neo Member
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Fucking Amazon dragging their feet.
They're saying I'll receive my copy between November 16 and the 21st.

Rageeeee

Mine says the 14th for the collectors edition.. wtf. Two day shipping. I ordered it the first day it was available too.

Ridley327

Wario64 said:
"peace walker camera is true analog. people were afraid it wasnt gonna be smooth, right?"

He can't check multiplayer stuff since it's not open right away?
Yeah, you need to play a little bit to unlock that option. Good to hear that they reworked Peace Walker's camera controls for analog sticks.

SamuraiX-

AgentOtaku said:
Gamestop still has it

Same thing happened when I waited too long for Skyward Sword bundle. Just ended up preordering on Gamestop instead.
Thanks for the heads up, bro!

I'm just hoping to be able to get it on Amazon so I can avoid paying that sales tax. I just have a feeling the LE won't be that rare just because everybody's gonna be investing in all the other blockbusters coming to this season and rereleases of MGS games hopefully won't be too high on anyone's list... <.<

zlatko

Banned
Thanks for the info. Hopefully he can put up some impressions later on when he gets Versus Ops unlocked.

Don't think I have anymore questions. Bring it on! :D

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Arg why can't I preorder the LE yet in Japan. I've gotta steer clear of this thread for the next few weeks or I will actually die from hype. fffuuuu

GrayFoxPL

Gouda Jouji said:
The skateboarding thing was like a demo for Evolution Skateboarding. It ran on a completely different engine so it probably wasn't worth porting that engine up just for a pretty mediocre extra.

The better question would be if Guy Savage is still in MGS3, since that ran on a different engine too I think.

I want to choke you unconscious and drag to the nearest swamp.

I spent hours and hours on that "mediocre extra". Shit was million times better Guy Savage that had no gameplay at all.

preordered the ps3 LE edition a while ago, but now when i go to the order, it says "Platform: Xbox 360 (PlayStation 3)". the ps3 LE isnt available, but the 360 LE is still up for preorder. another thing is that both the regular and LE are shipping november 8th, but my copy says delivery estimate november 14th! *confused*

GrayFoxPL said:
I want to choke you unconscious and drag to the nearest swamp.

I spent hours and hours on that "mediocre extra". Shit was million times better Guy Savage that had no gameplay at all.

Well I was way into Tony Hawk 4 back then, so I guess that's why I didn't like it very much.

SkylineRKR

These menus look fucking brilliant, plus this has been done by Bluepoint? Thats an instant winner right there.

Insane value for money, this collection is.

Phatcorns

Just in case anyone missed it last time, Fry's will have this for both PS3 and 360 for 39.99. Don't know what their status is on any limited editions though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
" interesting...in MGS2 you can select tanker or plant right off the bat without beating it first"

Huh.

zlatko

Banned
Versus Ops looks fantastic! Sad Team Sneak didn't make a return, or is it just not shown in those screen shots?

Any idea how many maps there are? I forgot the total in PW on PSP.

Top Bottom