• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
b3qmR.jpg

EF4r6.jpg

an example of full screen cutscenes

no cutscene pausing, not even with the PS button.

Ridley327

Wario64 said:
" interesting...in MGS2 you can select tanker or plant right off the bat without beating it first"

Huh.
That was the case in Substance, so no surprise there.

And yes, you could never pause cutscenes in either MGS2 or 3; that was newly added for MGS4.

Babalu.

so i've never played peacewalker before? I'm guessing it was a psp title? Is it canon? Where does it fit into the storyline? Should I play it after 2 and 3 or before or what?

I've played 1 2 and 3. dont have a ps3 for 4.

Ridley327

Babalu. said:
so i've never played peacewalker before? I'm guessing it was a psp title? Is it canon? Where does it fit into the storyline? Should I play it after 2 and 3 or before or what?

I've played 1 2 and 3. dont have a ps3 for 4.
Peace Walker is, for all intents and purposes, MGS5 and it takes place a decade after MGS3.

omgkitty said:
Anyone else who preordered the LE version from Amazon still have a ship date of the 14th?

As of right now order still shows:

Not Yet Shipped: 1 item - delivery estimate: November 14, 2011

It was placed via Amazon on October 12.

Ridley327

Could be something in-game for the Vita version? Peace Walker PSP doesn't have a transfarring option, either.

I hope the Vita is capable of doing that wirelessly.

Ridley327 said:
Could be something in-game for the Vita version? Peace Walker PSP doesn't have a transfarring option, either.

Yeah, my guess is that the Vita versions of MGS2 & 3 will have a "Transfarring" option in the menu like Peace Walker HD does.

Ridley327 said:

The pic says its for the Vita version.

Looks great. By all accounts a HD port done right. Hopefully at some point they will release MGS3 solo on PSN, or I'll have to wait for a price drop.

Colocho

Banned
MGS3 running at 60fps is one of my biggest gaming dreams come true. Ever since I played the original back in 2004, I was bummed it wasn't 60 like MGS2.

Collection of the Year by a long country mile.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ridley327 said:

Except they've specifically mentioned (IIRC) that the PSP1 version save file will be able to be "transfearred" to PS3 PW and then PSP2 PW.

I'm thinking the feature will be unlocked via a patch for MGS2/3/PW for PSP2's release.

~Kinggi~

Banned
God damn this whole package is very very tempting. But i literally must have 50 games in a backlog. It is huuuuuuuge.

Colocho said:
MGS3 running at 60fps is one of my biggest gaming dreams come true. Ever since I played the original back in 2004, I was bummed it wasn't 60 like MGS2.

Collection of the Year by a long country mile.

MGS3 pushed the hardware more so Kojima and team couldn't do 60fps. Remember, MGS 2 had no animals or interactive foliage. MGS3 also had better character models which attributed to more geometry on screen at a given time.

Ridley327

TheSeks said:
Except they've specifically mentioned (IIRC) that the PSP1 version save file will be able to be "transfearred" to PS3 PW and then PSP2 PW.

I'm thinking the feature will be unlocked via a patch for MGS2/3/PW for PSP2's release.
There isn't a Vita version of Peace Walker announced. Why, I haven't a clue, but there hasn't been any word on one yet.

RDreamer

This is probably a stupid question, but are the controls changeable at all for MGS2 and 3? I'd absolutely go out and buy this as quickly as I could if I were able to aim with the right analog stick like all games nowadays have.

Snaku said:
Those are some sexy ass menus. Going to begin an epic MGS chronological playthrough once I get this thing in my hands.

MGS3 -> MGS:pW -> MG1 -> MG2 -> MGS -> MGS2 -> MGS4

I did this when MGS4 was coming out (obviously no PW, at that time). It was awesome.

Just got a call from EB this afternoon, my copy of the LE is in! :D
They are also doing a midnight launch thanks to MW3, but I won't be going in for that celebration. :p

Kazoo

Avatar'd thanks to this thread (unless someone has this already :O ) I am ready for tuesday! MGS2 first after CoD lol.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Ridley327 said:
There isn't a Vita version of Peace Walker announced. Why, I haven't a clue, but there hasn't been any word on one yet.
because it's a little TOO redundant. having it HD on a console/TV is enough of a novelty; repackaging it in HD on Vita will just have many people going "what?"

Ridley327

jooey said:
because it's a little TOO redundant. having it HD on a console/TV is enough of a novelty; repackaging it in HD on Vita will just have many people going "what?"
Yeah, but the PSP version is really terrible in comparison to what they've done to fix it. It'd be an act of mercy.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Ridley327 said:
Yeah, but the PSP version is really terrible in comparison to what they've done to fix it. It'd be an act of mercy.
did they really do anything that's as significant to you than dual analog? I mean if that's all what your point is then they can just as easily ensure the original version stays on PSN and let you map the buttons to the second stick. simply re-releasing it on Vita with dual analog and online play is not, I think, enough for Konami, nor for Sony. But stranger things have happened... like this collection for instance.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
PS3 version:

"just checked for people, but you might want to post it. the MGS defaults to whatever language the system is set to. import friendly"
" looks like just french and spanish. at least it helps out some euros that dont want to wait til Feb. subtitles only."

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
"also, looking at the in game manuals, looks like Demo Theater & Briefing files unlock, Extreme and European Extreme unlock in MGS3"

"also extreme and european extreme in mgs2 are unlockable"

Ridley327

jooey said:
did they really do anything that's as significant to you than dual analog? I mean if that's all what your point is then they can just as easily ensure the original version stays on PSN and let you map the buttons to the second stick. simply re-releasing it on Vita with dual analog and online play is not, I think, enough for Konami, nor for Sony. But stranger things have happened... like this collection for instance.
A framerate that doesn't call to mind N64 games is kind of a big deal. That's more significant than the controls, IMO.

Nemesis_

I just want confirmation of region free-ness for the 360 copy.

Most Konami games are locked I think but their latest BIG title, Castlevania, was not.

Top Bottom