• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

SamuraiX-

Amazon PS3 LE is now sold-out. :(

Hope they get another shipment soon. I was trying to hold out until Monday in hope that there would be a deal for it somewhere. :-/

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Ladyboy101 said:
30 dollars for some paper is definitely not worth it imo. i would pay 30 for the artbook if its digital image files.
Sarcasm I hope.

Btw, so the original theme is still in?!
What the hell I feel cheated then, I want it back forever in every MGS game

SamuraiX- said:
Amazon PS3 LE is now sold-out. :(

Hope they get another shipment soon. I was trying to hold out until Monday in hope that there would be a deal for it somewhere. :-/

Gamestop still has it

Same thing happened when I waited too long for Skyward Sword bundle. Just ended up preordering on Gamestop instead.

Is transfarring only for the PS3 verison?

do I just connect my PSP to my PS3 via USB, transfar, and continue my old Peace Walker campaign?

any word on PS2 save data compatibility with the HD versions?

and what about controls? I'm still confused about how it will play on the 360 (even though I'm getting it on PS3)

Nice OT. Looking forward to adding this to my library.

Re-playing ICO & SOTC again in HD was wonderful. Hopefully this collection delivers on the same level.

Blablurn

Linkzg said:

do I just connect my PSP to my PS3 via USB, transfar, and continue my old Peace Walker campaign?

and what about controls? I'm still confused about how it will play on the 360 (even though I'm getting it on PS3)

i think transfarring is japanese only anyway.

Linkzg said:

http://au.ign.com/videos/2011/11/01/transfarring-metal-gear-solid-peace-walker?objectid=110044

Here's how it works. Yes, it's PS3 only and no you can't use your PS2 saves. No one knows how it plays on the 360 yet.

Amagon

I won't be surprise if they put up MGS 1 for free for the PSN + users later down the line. And fuck me forgetting I had a $20 coupon from Amazon (thanks BF3) that I was gonna apply to the MGS LE for the PS3 but looks like its sold out now. Well, at least I preorder it before I had the coupon.

Ra1den said:
You've got it backwards there. Raiden is the truth, son.

LOL.

I was 18 when the original MGS1 released on PSX. You were probably in diapers when I was whooping Liquids ass up and down Shadow Moses!

Kids these days. -_-

Blablurn

Digital-Hero said:
LOL.

I was 18 when the original MGS1 released on PSX. You were probably in diapers when I was whooping Liquids ass up and down Shadow Moses!

Kids these days. -_-

gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amazon still has this shipping for me on Nov 14th or whatever. I really hope they're not waiting a week to ship it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amazon has it for Nov 8th too. But order status says they're shipping it a week later...

I'm using Prime + 2 day shipping

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMG those Trophies are hilariously awesome.

I think the VR missions and unlocking the special stuff is going to be a bit of a bitch for MGS2 though.

How would you get "Snake Beater?" I don't recall that Easter Egg in the original or Subsistance X-box/PS2 versions of MGS2.

WebScud

TheSeks said:
OMG those Trophies are hilariously awesome.

I think the VR missions and unlocking the special stuff is going to be a bit of a bitch for MGS2 though.

How would you get "Snake Beater?" I don't recall that Easter Egg in the original or Subsistance X-box/PS2 versions of MGS2.
Some of those trophies are going to be rough. I've never been able to do a full stealth run in any MGS or S-Rank the Monster Hunter missions in Peace Walker.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WebScud said:
Some of those trophies are going to be rough. I've never been able to do a full stealth run in any MGS or S-Rank the Monster Hunter missions in Peace Walker.

S-ranking Monster Hunter is easy. You just need Tranqs level 3-4 x like 3-4 dudes. Have one dude focus the monster while the others focus on his head while he's busy with the one dude, then switch. It's a matter of speed. I did it on PSP. I'm sure it's easier on PS3.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
One of my twitter followers got a copy from a mom and pop store. He's gonna post pics of the box/case soon

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Wario64 said:
I dont get why getting the collection for free would make you get the platinums. Wouldn't you want your moneys worth if you paid for it and want to get the trophies?
because mgs is the only series where getting a platinum sounds like punishment. but god speed to you good sir.

Salaadin

Amazon had this to say about their delivery/shipping times
thanks for waiting,.
Since 2-day shipping actually means 2 days to ship the item out from our warehouse, normally you should receive the item on Nov. 11th, however since that date is a legal holiday and the days following falls on the weekend, I've deduced that the system estimated the delivery ot Nov. 14th. However I do see that if you upgrade the shipping to One-day, you'd be able to receive the item on Nov. 10th.

Sounds a little backwards from how they normally operate. Every single time I order a game, 2 day shipping means that I get the item in 2 days...sometimes less. It also doesnt make a lot of sense because Skyrim Releases on 11/11 and Amazon is doing release date delivery for that. Plus, UPS/Fed Ex still deliver on Veterans day. USPS and other government agencies close.

The only thing I can figure is that they are shipping MGS HD via USPS and Skyrim via UPS/Fed Ex.
In any case, I took the bait, paid them 4 dollars more, and opted for 1 day shipping. I want to get some time put into this before Skyrim takes over my life. My delivery date is now 11/10.

Danny 117

Damn you Konami. I don't get to play this until February :/.
Will there be games on demand versions? I'd pay for the overpriced versions if it meant I didn't have to wait so long.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
"manual has lots of different languages, black and white"
" MGS2 has "Snake Tales" - didnt play Substance so thats new to me"
"also, X is Confirm instead of O on title screen"
"MGS2 has some "Missions" thing where you put in codename, birthday and nationality. comes up with 6 "characters""
"Snake and Raiden available right away with 00% next to them, five more slots with "?????""

4e1d2.jpg

ChuckNoLuck said:
Which game is rated T?

Peacewalker

Chronological timeline might confuse new players...they might play the game out of order (in release date)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
"interesting, real time cutscenes have an option for fullscreen or letterbox"
"you can also exit out to the game select from in the games. i know bluepoints other HD remasters dont do this"

Here's the guy's twitter if you want to follow, he's feeding me a lot of info, mostly reposted everything so far

https://twitter.com/#!/couryc

ZcrXz.jpg

Snaku

Banned
Those are some sexy ass menus. Going to begin an epic MGS chronological playthrough once I get this thing in my hands.

MGS3 -> MGS:pW -> MG1 -> MG2 -> MGS -> MGS2 -> MGS4

Snaku said:
Those are some sexy ass menus. Going to begin an epic MGS chronological playthrough once I get this thing in my hands.

MGS3 -> MGS:pW -> MG1 -> MG2 -> MGS -> MGS2 -> MGS4

*Internet High-Five!!!!*

Just came to the same exact decision myself not but 10 minutes ago

SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!!

Top Bottom