• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

burgerdog

I want the 360 version for some reason. I have mgs1, 2, and 3 plus the essential collection release all on ps1 and 2. Hope it's a decent port because I'm going to take a chance with it.

GrayFoxPL

Is mgs 3 on this the manly hairy balls version(vanilla top down view)

or mommy I'm a pussy version(tpp subsistence) ?

;)

Danny 117

Red Blaster said:
50% chance the game uses the bumpers to aim and shoot on 360 lulz
1d1ccc3c-94bc-4c17-8379-c77e890992a0.gif

Ridley327

Most of the time, I switched to the overhead camera for sneaking up on a guy because the camera is a bit better for doing that than the third-person camera.

jett

D-Member
Red Blaster said:
50% chance the game uses the bumpers to aim and shoot on 360 lulz

MGS2 and 3 use face buttons for shooting. Shoulder buttons are used for weapons and items management.

burgerdog said:
Negative. The port was handled by bluepoint.

Ah that's right, there's still Peace Walker though!

MGS2 and 3 use face buttons for shooting. Shoulder buttons are used for weapons and items management.

No duh, the issue here is how will they port over the controls as both the PS2 and the Xbox had pressure sensitive face buttons.

jackdoe

jett said:
At worst, the bumper would be used to cancel aiming like The Twin Snakes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
icespide said:
my PS3 LE order one amazon with 1 day shipping says estimate delivery nov 10th. I ordered on oct 18th.

Meh, I don't want to pay 1 day shipping. I'm gonna assume Amazon is assuming the worst on shipping because of Veteran's Day weekend. I usually get packages within a day on 2 day shipping...

icespide

Banned
Wario64 said:
Meh, I don't want to pay 1 day shipping. I'm gonna assume Amazon is assuming the worst on shipping because of Veteran's Day weekend. I usually get packages within a day on 2 day shipping...
I normally wouldn't pay for 1 day shipping but I had some amazon credit laying around also. IT'S METAL GEAR

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wario64 said:

I kind of wish it wasn't coming out next week. Too many games at once :/

Looking at the trophies... not even going to attempt Platinum.

Chuck

Still without luck
SpartanForce said:
sry for the noob question but will this be available in the PSN? or only disc form?
Not announced for PSN or X-Blah.

Edit: Woops, I was wrong (see below)

B.K.

I wonder if anyone has managed to get the Limited Edition early. I'm interested in seeing how big that artbook is and what art it has in it.

Ridley327

ChuckNoLuck said:
Not announced for PSN or X-Blah.
They've been announced for PSN and XBLA (surely they mean GoD) in Japan; MGS2&3 are even day-and-date with the boxed copy on the PS3. Nothing announced outside of Japan, though.

burgerdog

Kagari said:
Japanese devs put ridiculous achievements into their games. After seeing the list for this set I instantly forgave them for not adding trophies to mgs4. They would have been terrible.

burgerdog said:
Japanese devs put ridiculous achievements into their games. After seeing the list for this set I instantly forgave them for not adding trophies to mgs4. They would have been terrible.

Why shouldn't achievements be hard to get?

Curufinwe

burgerdog said:

Does it look difficult to get a decent percentage of the trophies, say 50%? I know I won't won't platinum or 100% most of my PS360 games, but if a game makes it very difficult to get any trophies then that's kind of a turn off.

Hmmm most of these trophies don't look so bad. Getting all dog tags might sound annoying but it's more of a timesink than anything else, and if you're comfortable on the higher difficulties you can easily clear the game(s) in 4 hours or less. Clearing all VR Missions will be legit hard because those MGS1 Snake weapons missions are no joke. MGS3's Kerotan hunting is a bitch too.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
burgerdog said:
There's a difference between hard and insane time sinks that make the game NOT fun.

I can't speak for Peace Walker but MGS2 and MGS3 platinums are pretty reasonable.

Ridley327

Peace Walker is going to be time-consuming, but it could have been a billion times worse if they wanted you to do anything with the codenames.

Ridley327 said:
Peace Walker is going to be time-consuming, but it could have been a billion times worse if they wanted you to do anything with the codenames.

You can "grind" for S ranks with a buddy in coop though, also having full dual analog controls should make things a great deal easier.

RedSwirl

For some reason I'm most interested in playing Peace Walker when I get this collection. It'll probably be the one game with the most improvements.

Kagari said:
I kind of wish it wasn't coming out next week. Too many games at once :/

You're telling me, I have something like 8 games to play and platinum, and I still wanna get U3, RDR GOTY, Batman AA, Skyrim, MW3, and this. That is if I'm not forgetting anything. I guess that's why I can wait until I can find those games for cheap.

As far as trophies, I'll try to platinum all 3.

Red Blaster said:
MGS3's Kerotan hunting is a bitch too.
ive always wondered how you can possibly shoot the kerotan frogs when
snake rides the motorcycle with Eva and you have to shoot while moving at 50 mph

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
burgerdog said:

I agree with Peace Walker since it mostly has grind achievements

but in the case of MGS2 and 3 all of the hard achievements are tied to content that was in the original games

I'm not looking forward to kerotan runs either, but I kind of appreciate that MGS2 and 3's trophy packs are tied to a majority of the game content, instead of leaving out the really hard stuff so everyone has a chance to get an easy platinum.

That's how it should be. To get a platinum you should have to do everything in the game

Tarps

Kojima, why cancel Christmas for Europe? These screens are really making consider importing.... Has there been any mention of added extras for the PAL version? Euro Extreme anyone? Koji has precedence here....

IzzyF3

Something's wrong here... Solid Snake is not the main character in any of these games.

Anyways, I can't wait to play these again for trophies. It really does change the game quite a bit.

Blablurn

frAntic_Frog said:
ive always wondered how you can possibly shoot the kerotan frogs when
snake rides the motorcycle with Eva and you have to shoot while moving at 50 mph

a lot of restarts

Tarps said:
Kojima, why cancel Christmas for Europe? These screens are really making consider importing.... Has there been any mention of added extras for the PAL version? Euro Extreme anyone? Koji has precedence here....

From Wario :
Wario64 said:
"also, looking at the in game manuals, looks like Demo Theater & Briefing files unlock, Extreme and European Extreme unlock in MGS3"

"also extreme and european extreme in mgs2 are unlockable"

Hopefully there will be something else as an extra so I can double dip!

So Transfarring is only relating to the Vita, right?

I still don't understand if I can use my PSP save file on the HD version of Peace Walker...

Top Bottom