• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Yen

ChoklitReign said:
LOL, how the hell does that work with wireless controllers? Do you have to connect a second controller like a guitar to the first?
Press "select" and choose option "switch controllers" -> "Port 1/Port2" is what you do on PSP anyway, when playing MGS1.

HammerOfThor said:
SWEET!

Also, has there been any preview of the artbook? Is it worth the extra $30?
30 dollars for some paper is definitely not worth it imo. i would pay 30 for the artbook if its digital image files.

RetroMG

So, do these versions contain the Casting theater, where you can replay cutscenes but replace the existing characters with new actors?

It's a silly thing, but it was one of my favorite things about Substance, having Rose as Solidus fighting Raiden at the end of the game.

RetroGamer42 said:
So, do these versions contain the Casting theater, where you can replay cutscenes but replace the existing characters with new actors?

It's a silly thing, but it was one of my favorite things about Substance, having Rose as Solidus fighting Raiden at the end of the game.
I think there's a trophy for switching characters in a certain cutscene so I think it's confirmed to be in.

ChoklitReign said:
LOL, how the hell does that work with wireless controllers? Do you have to connect a second controller like a guitar to the first?
On PS3 press the XMB button and go to controller settings then you can change it to controller port 2. I'm not sure what Reveirg meant by it being annoying on PS3, you don't even have to get off your seat.

I would love if Best Buy on release day has this for 40 also.

Strangely enough I'm actually looking forward to playing through MGS2 a lot. I actually found the game a lot of fun until the end when the story went off rails and started bombarding me with an hour of video that made no sense what-so-ever.

zlatko

Banned
Silly question perhaps, but what is most of GAF buying this on? I'm asking because of Versus Ops in Peace Walker and where the majority of GAF will be so we can play together. I was going to go with PS3, but if most of you are going the 360 route then I'll do it as well.

Ridley327

That's the plan, although I don't think they've announced any plans outside of Japan as to when they'll be available. MGS2&3 are day-and-date over there, IIRC.

Ladyboy101 said:
30 dollars for some paper is definitely not worth it imo. i would pay 30 for the artbook if its digital image files.
At this point, the artbook could be a ruse by kojiima and just be 248 blank pages for fans to doodle on....

Nemesis_

The Wise Old Man said:
At this point, the artbook could be a ruse by kojiima and just be 248 blank pages for fans to doodle on....

YOU MAKE THE ART JUST LIKE YOU MAKE YOUR DESTINY

mattp

so has it been explained how the mgs3 controls are gonna work on a 360 pad yet, without the analog buttons?
i'm just curious

GrayFoxPL

Reveirg said:
I got up to Psycho Mantis and died a bunch of times (yes, I do know the trick, and it's somewhat annoying on the PS3 >_>). I'm probably going to give it a try one more time later today and see if I can get hooked.

Hate to say it but you probably playing it wrong. You have to develop a wall sticking fetish in mgs1. Only then camera will show what's important.

Blablurn

i also started playing MGS1 again in preparation for the collection. its such a great game. really. i still remember the first time i played it. as soon as i finished it, i knew i played something special.

It feels weird to be this hyped to replay MGS2, and MGS3. Will be my first time playing Peace Walker too so that's a plus. LE pre-ordered. Can't wait.

Blablurn

Net_Wrecker said:
It feels weird to be this hyped to replay MGS2, and MGS3. Will be my first time playing Peace Walker too so that's a plus. LE pre-ordered. Can't wait.

im more hyped for this than for any other fall title /:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Digital-Hero said:
The beginning of that track is so bad, it gets better.
No, it's never bad.

Ridley327

Yoshichan said:
No, it's never bad.
Maybe he's confusing it with the dialogue that plays in that scene.

Solidus: "I won't stop you... Good luck."
Fortune: "Thanks, but I have quite enough of that."

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Digital-Hero said:
Indeed! :D Delicious Mullet Gear Solid 2.
Yep. Just listened to the whole song... goosebumps all over my body. Reminding me how last gen started... the cars driving on the Manhattan bridge, raindrops bouncing on the ground and on Snakes cape, how he holds the cigarette and how he starts running off the bridge.

Best gaming moment in my entire life.

Yoshichan

"GotY 2001, 2004 and 2010 in one package"

Yoshichan

Digital-Hero said:
I don't know about 2001. MGS2 ends after the tanker for me. =P
It ended for many :p

Ridley327

And Peace Walker being GOTY 2010 implies that it was the best game release that year, which is, putting it mildly, a crock of bullshit.

Speaking of, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| Peace Walker is finally playable.

SkylineRKR

It wasn't even because of Raiden that I thought the post-Tanker game was worse. It was because of the Big Shell layout being boring and repetitive.

I must've played the Tanker like 100 times and the rest of the game perhaps 3 times at best.

But this pack is worth it for Subsistence running at 60fps alone.

Yoshichan

Ridley327 said:
And Peace Walker being GOTY 2011 implies that it was the best game release that year, which is, putting it mildly, a crock of bullshit.
Hah, yeah it's bullshit obviously... but it should attract people to this thread :)

Yoshichan

Yoshichan said:
It ended for many :p

MGS2 has the shortest main game and the longest bonus stage in history.

Tanker = Full Game

Big Shell = Bonus Stage (They just happened to put the credits at the end.)

Sallokin

Yoshichan said:
Yep. Just listened to the whole song... goosebumps all over my body. Reminding me how last gen started... the cars driving on the Manhattan bridge, raindrops bouncing on the ground and on Snakes cape, how he holds the cigarette and how he starts running off the bridge.

Best gaming moment in my entire life.

I couldn't agree more.

I really can't wait to play Peace Walker. I attempted to play it on the PSP but I just couldn't get past the controls. Oddly enough, I'm probably more excited for this release than anything else coming out over the holidays.

Ra1den

Digital-Hero said:
MGS2 has the shortest main game and the longest bonus stage in history.

Tanker = Full Game

Big Shell = Bonus Stage (They just happened to put the credits at the end.)

You've got it backwards there. Raiden is the truth, son.

Top Bottom