• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Did anyone on the interwebs get their hands on the LE (preferably US version) and posted impressions and pics about the art book? I'd really like to hear and see details about it before I decide if I want to splurge for it.

Ridley327 said:
I haven't seen any sign of anyone getting the LE yet. We might be looking at a repeat of the MGS3:S LE situation.

Limited supply and quick sellout you mean?

I have the MGS3:S LE, and I had the MGS4 CE too, which I ended up selling cause I hated the game and needed the cash. MGS4 LE can still be bought brand new from Amazon for $100, which is a small markup IMO consider how many years it's been out.

Ridley327

As sacrilegious as it might sound, I cashed the fuck out on my MGS3:S LE early on. Tripled what I paid for it. I'm sure it's worth more now, but it felt good to get that kinda dough.

Naturally, the first thing I did with the money was buy a regular copy of MGS3:S.

Ridley327

In all honesty, any PS2 remaster collection isn't going to be bringing the noise quite like a full-fledged new game. That this game also happens to be releasing the same day as what is sure to be the biggest videogame release ever compounds things a bit further.

What's the word on whether Peace Walker transfers well to console? I haven't played Peace Walker and don't own a PSP, so if it's a well-done port I'll probably pick up the collection. (I can always use more MGS in my life.)

Ridley327 said:
It sounds like your best shot now is getting very lucky at Gamestop.

Oh shit, it's already pulled down on Amazon.com? That doesn't bode well for my hope of it being readily available for a while. I don't want to buy before I know more about the art book, and about any differences between the PS3 and 360 versions.

All I'll say is I'm picking this up on Tuesday, and I'm pretty fucking excited for it. Peace Walker, will be awesome, and a MGS marathon of 2/3 will be just as satisfying.

I broke out my MGS 1 PC copy to celebrate...

Koyuga

Its too bad We'll never get Twin Snakes on PS3, maybe someday it will be on Wiiu or something.. its my preferred version and it would be nice to have a more complete HD collection.

So its pretty unlikely I'll be able to secure myself a LE of the PS3 version now, eh? Ah well.
Saw this at toys r us the other day, almost got it but I thought about holding off for the LE, now I find out I could have gotten it early and regret not buying it:p

Yuripaw

Banned
Chip N Chance said:
I don't really like any of these...the shirts don't look that great except maybe the foxhound one, and Solid Snake's outfit looks like he's wearing...NOTHING AT ALL

Criminal Upper said:
Except, that in the original cut of Twin Snakes cutscenes, Kojima was like, "All you did was remake the first game, douchebags! You gotta make him flip over shit, make it crazy!"

TTS detractor's constantly say it doesn't fit with what Kojima did before, and it like, shits all over his legacy, even though it was Kojima who ordered it to be crazy awesome in the first place.

People know that Kojima told him to change it. That doesn't make those cutscenes any better. Kojima also let his staff change his idea of what MGS4's ending was going to be. That's another thing that turned out to be the wrong decision.

zlatko

Banned
I got the Snake MGS2 outfit. Gave him a mullet and more snake like features. The lack of bandana sucks though, but I ended up using Marcus Fenix's head ornament from Gears of War 3 that I unlocked. :p

Ridley327

SpaceBridge said:
What? Im being dense today and cant figure what your alluding to? There's so much awesome in MGS3 anyways.
The flower field, of course.

To this day, I still don't know how they pulled that off on the PS2 hardware.

Ridley327 said:
The flower field, of course.

To this day, I still don't know how they pulled that off on the PS2 hardware.

Oh, I was thinking of this:

5yWUH.jpg

Ridley327

That would be an excellent substitute, but it would NEEEEEEEED to have the song.

That part was already hilarious, but then the song starts playing and you just about die.

has anyone else been unable to check out on gamestop.com like this entire day? I'm trying to order the LE because you can't preorder in store anymore, anywhere and every page past the cart just times out or gives me an error :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Erigu said:
Because that's the "present"?

It isn't shown in TTS though. I know it's bad to compare it, but I always thought the present was 'stop it from moving' and not the item.

Kagari said:
My LE isn't shipping until the 14th now? Okay Amazon...

Delivery estimate...I think it'll ship this week still but they are accounting for Veteran's Day weekend. Probably worst case scenario, at least that's what I want to believe. Change it to 1 day shipping and it'll give you a date this week

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
PS3 LE? I've always had the delivery estimate be the 14th, which is odd considering the site's listing says the 8th but who knows...

Yeah, PS3. I'll stick with free Prime shipping for now.

omgkitty

Ugh I can't decide if I want to just save myself $30 and cancel the LE. I know I will probably never look at the art book, but the only thing keeping me from canceling is the idea that it will be worth twice as much a few years from now.

TxdoHawk

Review embargo until release day, I'm guessing? Obnoxious if so. Everybody already knows if they wanna buy it or not, I just want an idea of what the 360 controls are like.

B.K.

omgkitty said:
the only thing keeping me from canceling is the idea that it will be worth twice as much a few years from now.

If it's anything like the MGS3: Subsistence LE, it'll probably be worth twice the price on launch day.

omgkitty

B.K. said:
If it's anything like the MGS3: Subsistence LE, it'll probably be worth twice the price on launch day.

I had the LE of Subsistence for a while and finally offloaded it for around $130 a year or two ago because I was hard up for money, except that LE was only like $10 more at release. This one is $30 more which is just retarded and you know Konami is just milking the shit out of us.

Ridley327

omgkitty said:
I had the LE of Subsistence for a while and finally offloaded it for around $130 a year or two ago because I was hard up for money, except that LE was only like $10 more at release. This one is $30 more which is just retarded and you know Konami is just milking the shit out of us.
We're aware of that, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Top Bottom