• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Dunk#7

Noisepurge said:
I could ;D
mgs.jpg

I think you win, but here is my collection. I took this pic awhile back and I cannot remember if I have added anything since

2igg86c.jpg

So tempted to buy this, but there are to many games right now. I will get this when it goes on sale sometime this year/early next year.

icespide

Banned
I got this from the play for japan auction earlier this year, it's now framed and hanging in my office =) signed by Kojima:

kojimamgs2.png

my PS3 LE still is still "not yet shipped" from amazon. I'm getting anxious =(

Lima

Does anyone know if the 360 collection is region free? I would like to get both of the collections but since I'm from Europe I would have to wait until February to get the 360 one if it is region locked.

Ridley327

Lima said:
Does anyone know if the 360 collection is region free? I would like to get both of the collections but since I'm from Europe I would have to wait until February to get the 360 one if it is region locked.
It's been confirmed to be locked for PAL gamers.

Emily Chu

Banned
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
NYC-GAF....are any of the usual suspects selling it today?

I think J & L in ctown has it today probably going to hop on the subway and pick it up now
Called them yesterday and they said they have it in by today.

Emily Chu said:
I think J & L in ctown has it today probably going to hop on the subway and pick it up now
Called them yesterday and they said they have it in by mind's.
Sweet, thanks. Was going to check the old stand-by in the east village myself. i'll give them a call in a few.

GAF, will I be able to walk into a Gamestop or Bestbuy tomorrow around 5:30 PM and grab a copy? I ask because I know there was talks or shortages and such.

GQman2121

Banned
FuttBuck said:
GAF, will I be able to walk into a Gamestop or Bestbuy tomorrow around 5:30 PM and grab a copy? I ask because I know there was talks or shortages and such.
For the LE, no. For just the regular game, absolutely.

Also, if Euro/Africa/Aussie gaf need a hook up, I don't mind picking copies up and DHL-ing them around the world.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
FuttBuck said:

For Gamestop it honestly depends how many pre-orders the store got for the game.

Just from my own personal experience talking with a buddy who works at GS, nobody really ever pre-orders HD collection games, they get a handful of copies and instantly sell out of them within an hour tops. That was the case with both the God of War PSP and the Ico/SotC collection.

I'd imagine Best Buy would be the better place to go for a day 1 copy.

This is for the regular edition of course. I'd imagine it'd be difficult to hunt down a limited edition copy in the open.

Otheradam

Emily Chu said:
Called them yesterday and they said they have it in by today.

Do you know if they will have the Collectors Editions? I haven't been to them in years, I remember the last time I went, they were charging more than retail for some stuff though. Which is why I stopped going.

TxdoHawk

FuttBuck said:

I think most of the shortage talk refers to limited editions. If you are looking for a standard copy, you probably shouldn't have any huge issues*.

* - No assurances, you never know when a company is going to print a whopping eight copies of something and make it impossible to find at launch.

Emily Chu

Banned
Otheradam said:
Do you know if they will have the Collectors Editions? I haven't been to them in years, I remember the last time I went, they were charging more than retail for some stuff though. Which is why I stopped going.

no idea but I would just give them a call they open in around 10 minutes.

I only asked about the 360 regular editions yesterday.

SamuraiX-

icespide said:
I got this from the play for japan auction earlier this year, it's now framed and hanging in my office =) signed by Kojima:

kojimamgs2.png

my PS3 LE still is still "not yet shipped" from amazon. I'm getting anxious =(

What was the final auction price?

Damn, I'd killed for a Kojima/Shinkawa-signed MGS1, MGS2, or MGS4 LE copy. :O

icespide

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
What was the final auction price?

around $340. there was a Kojima+Shinkawa signed MGS3 that I tried to get, it went for around $600 I think and also came with a bunch of E3 press junkit stuff

GQman2121 said:
For the LE, no. For just the regular game, absolutely.

Also, if Euro/Africa/Aussie gaf need a hook up, I don't mind picking copies up and DHL-ing them around the world.
darkside31337 said:
For Gamestop it honestly depends how many pre-orders the store got for the game.

Just from my own personal experience talking with a buddy who works at GS, nobody really ever pre-orders HD collection games, they get a handful of copies and instantly sell out of them within an hour tops. That was the case with both the God of War PSP and the Ico/SotC collection.

I'd imagine Best Buy would be the better place to go for a day 1 copy.

This is for the regular edition of course. I'd imagine it'd be difficult to hunt down a limited edition copy in the open.
TxdoHawk said:
I think most of the shortage talk refers to limited editions. If you are looking for a standard copy, you probably shouldn't have any huge issues*.

* - No assurances, you never know when a company is going to print a whopping eight copies of something and make it impossible to find at launch.

Ahh, that's for the LE? Just the standard editions for me, Thanks guys :) I'll test my luck at Bestbuy as usually I have no issues. The game completely slipped my mind and I forgot to pre-order through Amazon, so hopefully I can grab a copy.

micster

SamuraiX- said:
I've got a Kojima/Shinkawa signed MGS4 LE.

OTEj9.jpg

Such a fun signing event. Shinkawa did little charactures of the people getting stuff signed, as you can see :D Ive also got my MGS2 signed by Phil LaMarr but it got a bit brushed and has rubbed off a bit ):

7CA3i.jpg

This is the rest of me collection

246XG.jpg

1lZQo.jpg

4a82S.jpg

Ridley327

I'm surprised that I rarely see the Peace Walker LE floating around in these collections. Was it really that limited?

Here's my copy:

0YaVE.jpg

icespide

Banned
all these reports of people's LE's shipping is making me nervous.

my PS3 LE on amazon still says "not yet shipped" but it does say delivery estimate nov 10th so I should be good right?

I had originally ordered as soon as it was announced but canceled/reordered to use the $10 credit i got from batman since you can't apply those promos to existing orders. I hope I didn't fuck it up =(

icespide

Banned
Ridley327 said:
I'm surprised that I rarely see the Peace Walker LE floating around in these collections. Was it really that limited?

Here's my copy:

0YaVE.jpg

nice! that's a damn big box, what came with it?

Ridley327 said:
It's a really underwhelming LE, to be sure; the only thing it has is a paper art book.

honestly a quality artbook is all I want. No BS patches, cards, dice, etc.

If anything, i'm upset that MGS1 art isn't included when the japanese version has it T___T

And I thought my MGS collection was respectable. The ones posted above put mine to shame :(

FCMaxi said:
If the size of the box cover is any indication, looks like coffee table size to me.
7mcqb.jpg

I want to see inside it, and to know if it has MGS1 art or not. Internet fail!

Ridley327

AgentOtaku said:
honestly a quality artbook is all I want. No BS patches, cards, dice, etc.

If anything, i'm upset that MGS1 art isn't included when the japanese version has it T___T

It's only 60 pages, which is underwhelming since there's some really good content in there. It's at least high quality paper and the cover is embossed (which won't show up in the pic):

73DTR.jpg

ZnGTm.jpg

YkuuD.jpg

Salaadin

I wonder if this MGS HD LE artbook has any new stuff in it. I bought it because Im a sucker but I already own The Art of MGS1, MGS1.5, MGS2, and MGS3. It might end up being just a shortened collection of what I already have.

Ridley327 said:
It's only 60 pages, which is underwhelming since there's some really good content in there. It's at least high quality paper and the cover is embossed (which won't show up in the pic):

73DTR.jpg

Please tell me that this is a dream and not the real artbook. *Spins totem* *Totem stops* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't know why I'm getting the LE. Really doesn't seem worth the extra $30. I guess I'm just getting it for the exclusive factor.

Emily Chu

Banned
update NYC GAF

J & L in ctown are waiting on UPS to ship the games to their store

ETA 12 noon today

360 LE + Re
PS3 LE + Re

if anyone needs to know

Ridley327 said:

I think you can find it on eBay easy but it costs a full 70$ or more at the moment. I just never got around to getting that :D My photo is missing the standard PAL version of Peace Walker that i do have.

I'm also super envious of that play for japan auction signed game, nice one!

Also Dunk#7's red version LE of MGS3. That goes for around 300$ now and people have been picking them up from unaware people for 10$ or so...i should go on a fleamarket roadtrip in the US :E

mattp

newegg says my preorder copy shipped. tracking info isn't working yet, hopefully it's from the nj warehouse so it'll be here tomorrow

Salaadin

mattp said:
newegg says my preorder copy shipped. tracking info isn't working yet, hopefully it's from the nj warehouse so it'll be here tomorrow
They did the same thing with Uncharted 3 last week. Shipped it Monday but didnt give me a tracking number until that night. I got it the next day. Good luck.

I hope amazon gets mine out today too. I went back and did the one day shipping so I might have it tomorrow, giving me a few days with it before Skyrim. Dont fail me, Amazon.

Otheradam

Emily Chu said:
update NYC GAF

J & L in ctown are waiting on UPS to ship the games to their store

ETA 12 noon today

360 LE + Re
PS3 LE + Re

if anyone needs to know

Thanks! Will give them a call soon.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Noisepurge said:
I could ;D
http://www.todellisuus.net/~malakai/random/mgs.jpg[.IMG][/QUOTE]

My body is ready...

[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/25rimc7.jpg
2ynnx1s.jpg

2vjzb7s.jpg

15nx285.jpg

swaal5.jpg

300bort.jpg

2ik8px5.jpg

5ciyog.jpg

2ngsldz.jpg

2dl63xc.jpg

1z6cb9k.jpg

kf2ujt.jpg

dy422e.jpg

30sxf2c.jpg

f3t6op.jpg

2r3hv20.jpg

2a4se1f.jpg

33u92zs.jpg

167pi00.jpg

11mezqh.jpg

x5a8vk.jpg

162yc7.jpg

apcop5.jpg

2i0yhxv.jpg

There's a bunch of stuff missing, I really need to sort everything out again but don't have time.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I can't wait for tomorrow! I'm getting at least two PS3 LE's and I'm waiting for the Japanase LE's but they don't release until the 23rd I believe:( I wish that the European Zavvi version was coming soon too but we know that the Euro release got delayed until Feb/2012. Then there's the PSP2 versions and Rising... too much MGS lately.

Top Bottom