• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

For the Kiwis, and I guess Aussies too, I sent an inquiry to Mighty Ape (New Zealand's version of Amazon kinda) to see if they'll stock the PS3 NTSC version of the HD Collection. I got this back:

Thanks for your message :)

I have spoken to our Product Manager about this and he informed me that we may have an issue with classification at this stage, that's why we aren't importing the US edition at this stage.

We will get the imported version up onsite as soon as we know that they aren't going to be any issues :)

So there's a chance they could end up selling it. Might be cheaper than ordering from Amazon, which I'll probably end up doing if Mighty Ape can't get it.

Gouda Jouji said:
For the Kiwis, and I guess Aussies too, I sent an inquiry to Mighty Ape (New Zealand's version of Amazon kinda) to see if they'll stock the PS3 NTSC version of the HD Collection. I got this back:

So there's a chance they could end up selling it. Might be cheaper than ordering from Amazon, which I'll probably end up doing if Mighty Ape can't get it.
Erm, have you tried this?

Amagon

Well, Amazon charge me for the LE just now, so there is a good chance that it will be ship accordingly to the release date besides that Nov 14 shipping date they promise.

I hope

cacophony

So is this going to be $50 or $40? Cause on Amazon it was $40 but got pushed up to $50. Aren't all other HD remakes $40 too?

Nemesis556 said:

NO!!!

FUCK NO!!!!

vader_noo.jpg

Nemesis_

So depressing.

I hate PAL delays in general, but when we get delayed AND there is not Limited Edition or anything like that (which I'm sure will happen ala Catherine) I get really pissed off

Grinchy

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
So depressing.

I hate PAL delays in general, but when we get delayed AND there is not Limited Edition or anything like that (which I'm sure will happen ala Catherine) I get really pissed off
Think of it as a way to save the extra money you would have normally wasted on a bunch of art books and plastic dolls you wouldn't have looked at more than once.

Nemesis_

Hitoribhoshi said:
Was expected fom Konami (check out other 360 release from them)
Thank god I own a jp system :D

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow gave me hope.

Grinchy said:
Think of it as a way to save the extra money you would have normally wasted on a bunch of art books and plastic dolls you wouldn't have looked at more than once.

MGS HD was only an artbook, and I like the artist.

But yeah, I guess you're right. Importing it from the UK or something (I'm in Australia) will save me more than 60%. Albeit much later on.

Nemesis556 said:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow gave me hope.

True, but I think most 360 Konami games are locked out PAL when us or jp release, kinda like Namco Bandai, Atlus or Aksys.

Also, we can probably expect the same thing for ZOE HD Collection (but I'll probably get the jp version anyways...)

FCMaxi

leng jai said:
Kinda sad that we still haven't had anything confirmation what size the art book is. Funny if we all get trolled.

If the size of the box cover is any indication, looks like coffee table size to me.
7mcqb.jpg

Emily Chu

Banned
anyone rememeber that Snake Eater swamp area that was like 7 fps ?

how does it look now ?

full game LOCKED at a solid 60 or drops @ random places ?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
leng jai said:
Kinda sad that we still haven't had anything confirmation what size the art book is. Funny if we all get trolled.
Amazon had pics...btw I just got charged.

Natiko

Banned
Glad I got in on the $39.99 deal, can't wait to actually get my hands on this. A shame it's coming out at such a busy time, won't be able to give it my full attention.

Wario64 said:
Amazon had pics...btw I just got charged.
I just got charged as well.

TxdoHawk

cacophony said:
So is this going to be $50 or $40? Cause on Amazon it was $40 but got pushed up to $50. Aren't all other HD remakes $40 too?

MSRP is $50, but there were lots of $40 deals going around. If you have a Fry's near you, they are apparently selling both versions for $40, so you can still get in on that.

Urishizu

Just a side note to the above discussion about being charged. My X360 LE on Amazon is now listed as "Shipping Soon".

soldat7

Delivery Estimate: November 16, 2011 - November 21, 2011
Not yet shipped

They better not pull this "Sorry, we're out of stock" business on me. I pre-ordered the second this became available on Amazon.

soldat7 said:
They better not pull this "Sorry, we're out of stock" business on me. I pre-ordered the second this became available on Amazon.
Could be a low/late print, like Amazon.co.uk & DC2, they didn't get stock until a week after the release date.

Dunk#7

Does anybody know if any stores or online retailers will be having another buy 2 get 1 free in the next couple of weeks?

I want to get:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)
Resistance 3 (PS3)
Battlefield 3 (360)

Hoping to get all of these for the price of two

soldat7

Zeouterlimits said:
Could be a low/late print, like Amazon.co.uk & DC2, they didn't get stock until a week after the release date.

Yeah, I hope so. Just emailed Amazon. I'd hate to not get a copy (PS3 Limited Ed.)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Mine shipped too, meaning i will get it tomorrow. Screw waiting for the PAL release.

I never played any MGS other than the first one back in the day, and i have MGS 4 sitting here unplayed as well. I expect to have my mind blown.

omgkitty

Noisepurge said:
I could ;D
mgs.jpg

Haha I guess you could. I just have never cared about art books though. I love the Metal Gear art, but actually sitting around reading it just seems dumb to me.

Kandrick said:
Mine shipped too, meaning i will get it tomorrow. Screw waiting for the PAL release.

I never played any MGS other than the first one back in the day, and i have MGS 4 sitting here unplayed as well. I expect to have my mind blown.

Your mind will be blown! Especially with MGS 2. ;)

omgkitty said:
Haha I guess you could. I just have never cared about art books though. I love the Metal Gear art, but actually sitting around reading it just seems dumb to me.

Well true in a sense i guess, i never extended my collection to include artbooks, soundtracks, figures etc etc.

But i am a sucker for a limited edition of a game, hence the LE of this collection was a no brainer. Especially when i got the help of a fellow Gaffer in acquiring it.

omgkitty

Noisepurge said:
Well true in a sense i guess, i never extended my collection to include artbooks, soundtracks, figures etc etc.

But i am a sucker for a limited edition of a game, hence the LE of this collection was a no brainer. Especially when i got the help of a fellow Gaffer in acquiring it.

I used to be, but when I started realizing I wasn't using anything out of these LE's, and most of them just come with crap, I stopped buying them, especially now since they seem to keep getting more and more expensive. The last LE I bought and really liked was the original Bioshock with the Big Daddy statue.

Top Bottom