• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

plc268

Damn MGS3 looks good there.

Everytime you see a clean screenshot in 1080p from the ps2 emulator, the colors are all washed out. It's been a while though, perhaps thats how it was originally.

typo said:
I'm pretty sure you can snipe him after one of the cutscenes before his battle (you have to be a quick shot, though).

This is what I always do now that I already know all his gimmicks. I much prefer stalking and systematically eliminating the Ocelot unit guys that replace him.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
typo said:
I'm pretty sure you can snipe him after one of the cutscenes before his battle (you have to be a quick shot, though).

I believe you get a trophy for doing this too.

Is there any fucking way to instruct Amazon to allow the delivery carrier to drop the package without signing? I'm so sick of this shit, sometimes they drop it and sometimes they won't leave it. I'm never home when they attempt delivery so I'm always stuck waiting a few extra days to get my deliveries. Totally defeats the purpose of paying for one-day shipping or Amazon Prime.

omgkitty

Pai Pai Master said:
Is there any fucking way to instruct Amazon to allow the delivery carrier to drop the package without signing? I'm so sick of this shit, sometimes they drop it and sometimes they won't leave it. I'm never home when they attempt delivery so I'm always stuck waiting a few extra days to get my deliveries. Totally defeats the purpose of paying for one-day shipping or Amazon Prime.

I have never been asked to sign for anything from Amazon except for a television I ordered and that was from a different shipping company. Does this only happen if you choose 1-day shipping?

omgkitty said:
I have never been asked to sign for anything from Amazon except for a television I ordered and that was from a different shipping company. Does this only happen if you choose 1-day shipping?

It's totally random. I bought a $200 TV stand from them a few weeks ago, and they left it by my garage. They've left plenty of games/movies I've ordered by my garage before. They wouldn't deliver Uncharted 3 without a signature for some reason, and now they're doing the same with my MGS LE. At first I thought it was a UPS thing, but this time it's FedEx.

Sometimes I HAVE been home and they just come up to my garage and don't even bother to check if anyone's home, then they don't make the delivery because no one was available to sign for it.

Now I'm going to have to wait until the weekend so I can get it left at a FedEx facility and pick it up. Fucking annoying.

Pai Pai Master said:
I know if you sign up for My UPS on the UPS site you can opt out of signing for packages.

Salaadin

Pai Pai Master said:

I always have it delivered to work. If you work with trustworthy people that arent going to sign for your stuff and then steal it, you might want to go that route.

Pai Pai Master said:

Absolutely.

Leave a note on the door. Say "UPS: please leave package from Amazon here. <your name> <your signature>."

It works. They'll deliver it and take the note.

RedRedSuit said:
Absolutely.

Leave a note on the door. Say "UPS: please leave package from Amazon here. <your name> <your signature>."

It works. They'll deliver it and take the note.

Funny thing is, I tried that once. Left a note at my garage. Guy went to my front door instead and left a delivery attempted note there. :lol

I'll try both next time. Just frustrated...was so ready to go home and crack open my LE.

Pai Pai Master said:
Funny thing is, I tried that once. Left a note at my garage. Guy went to my front door instead and left a delivery attempted note there. :lol

I'll try both next time. Just frustrated...was so ready to go home and crack open my LE.
I find it easiest to call your delivery company. Amazon has told me before that they can't leave directions. And yea note works too I just don't like to broadcast that I'm not home /paranoid

Both MGS2 and 3 have stood the test of time. Same couldn't be said for most of these HD remasters.

I mean MGS2 is almost 10 years old at this point.

BeautifulMemory said:
I find it easiest to call your delivery company. Amazon has told me before that they can't leave directions. And yea note works too I just don't like to broadcast that I'm not home /paranoid

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that either but if I have to, I will. If it's possible to request a hold at a FedEx or UPS location prior to the delivery attempt, I'd be okay with that. I could just pick it up on the way home instead of having to wait.

It's just bugging me that this is only now starting to happen. I've lived here for a year and ICO/SotC Collection was the very first game I bought from Amazon that didn't get delivered because of a signature requirement.

Pai Pai Master said:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of that either but if I have to, I will. If it's possible to request a hold at a FedEx or UPS location prior to the delivery attempt, I'd be okay with that. I could just pick it up on the way home instead of having to wait.
My FedEx won't hold until delivery is attempted, I kid you not. That means I have to wait for them to miss my package in order to pick it up at another place. So I just tell them that I give permission to leave the package at my own risk

And I saw your edit...happened to me too then UPS left a laptop I ordered on my doorstep lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BeautifulMemory said:
My FedEx won't hold until delivery is attempted, I kid you not. That means I have to wait for them to miss my package in order to pick it up at another place. So I just tell them that I give permission to leave the package at my own risk

And I saw your edit...happened to me too then UPS left a laptop I ordered on my doorstep lol

UPS left my bro's PS2 in front of my doorstep on PS2 launch and it got stolen. Here's the kicker: my other bro was home and didn't want to answer the door. Yeah.

My mom is visiting and I'm pretty sure she was home when FedEx just attempted delivery haha. I'm about to call her and ask, they've done it before where they just come up to my garage and assume no one's home because I'm parked inside. I've sat on my porch trolling the guy and called him out on it as he goes back to his truck. I'm a bastard.

Can someone post impressions of PW? How did the transfer from PSP to HD turn out? How are the textures and graphics? And how easy/fun is it to coop?

burgerdog

Wario64 said:
UPS left my bro's PS2 in front of my doorstep on PS2 launch and it got stolen. Here's the kicker: my other bro was home and didn't want to answer the door. Yeah.
My 60gig broke a day before uncharted 2 was released. Lucky for me I had ordered a slim a few days prior to that and when FedEx delivered it, they knocked on the door once, 4 seconds later I heard a loud noise. Yup, the guy dropped the box on the ground and left.

Wario64 said:
Yikes, so they knocked/rang?

Sometimes my FedEx won't even attempt and then I check my account to see that delivery was attempted

RAGE

CoilShot

Ounkal.jpg

MvIJll.jpg

LiK

Wario64 said:
Yea, some drivers are assholes. Sometimes I hear the truck and I open the door right when they drop it.

If they leave and run without ringing bell, a complaint can be made. You guys can fill a complaint form on UPS and FEDEX sites and it's easy. They take it seriously and do followups. I did it for both sites and don't have any issues anymore.

DaBuddaDa

As someone who has never played a Metal Gear Solid game before, what would be the best way to tackle the series fresh? Note: I probably won't be playing MGS1 because it's not a part of this collection, nor do I really feel the desire to play an old PSX game.

Should I play them in 2 > 3 > 4 > Peace Walker order? Or should I play 2 > 3 > Peace Walker then 4? I am mostly concerned about story continuity, which as I understand is maybe a pretty lol-worthy statement, considering the series we're discussing.

Yen

DaBuddaDa said:
As someone who has never played a Metal Gear Solid game before, what would be the best way to tackle the series fresh? Note: I probably won't be playing MGS1 because it's not a part of this collection, nor do I really feel the desire to play an old PSX game.

Should I play them in 2 > 3 > 4 > Peace Walker order? Or should I play 2 > 3 > Peace Walker then 4? I am mostly concerned about story continuity, which as I understand is maybe a pretty lol-worthy statement, considering the series we're discussing.
I guess 2 3 PW 4. You're missing out by not getting 1. It aged really well.

DaBuddaDa said:

I would say play it in order so you can appreciate how the franchise has evolved. They are all good games, just belonging in different era

At least play 4 to get a feel of the modernized control so PW is easier to transition to

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Wario64 said:
If anyone is waiting for the digital releases, looks like the disc rip is about 24 GB or around there. About 8 gigs each game? Probably even less for Peace Walker and more on the other two

Any idea of when the digital versions will be available?

Desmond

Pai Pai Master said:
2 is actually a pretty good starting point, due to the nature of the story.
It was the first one I played, ended up skipping the whole Tanker chapter during the questionnaire lol

The artbook is really good quality. Nice overall package. Replaced the cover art with the custom minimalist one from the Custom Covers thread, and I'm ready to party like it's 2001.

Was gonna pick this up from gamestop, but the cashier said they didn't have any left. I guess their online inventory tracker isn't up to snuff. Oh well..maybe they'll have it by the weekend.

Wish I got the Limited Edition but November is just a killer month for games so I had to make do with the regualr edition. My copy should be arriving soon and I am excited as hell.

iLLmAtlc

Man, I remember how excited for the game that trailer made me after seeing it. Only thing was I thought a lot of those things said in the trailer was Big Boss starting to go crazy
(the part about launching the nuclear missile, something being buried with The Boss and her bankrupt beliefs),
but it turned out to be another character.

From now on, call me BIG BOSS!
was badass...

Top Bottom