• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
luka said:
Anyone know if the Strangelove torture scene in PW is still censored in the Japanese version? :p

It still has the same C cero rating as the PSP version so probably

Ridley327

I don't even recall anything particularly graphic about that scene, especially in comparison to MGS3's torture sequence.

I still have no idea how Peace Walker got a T-rating, though, if only for THAT tape.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Ridley327 said:
I don't even recall anything particularly graphic about that scene, especially in comparison to MGS3's torture sequence.

MGS3 and 2 are rated D though

They wanted a lower rating to appeal to kids on the PSP platform and apparently that's what it cost

Didn't it involve tickling in the JPN version?

I don't know but I really hope so.

Tried out all 3 games last night and am amazed at how good they all look. Particularly PW - it scaled up to HD quite nicely.

I think the only problem I have with this collection is which game to play! Just for fun, I might just continue to switch between them depending on my mood.

Chairhome

CloakedPuppet said:
Tried out all 3 games last night and am amazed at how good they all look. Particularly PW - it scaled up to HD quite nicely.

I think the only problem I have with this collection is which game to play! Just for fun, I might just continue to switch between them depending on my mood.
Have you completed each game before? I wouldn't advise switching back and forth just cause the gameplay mechanics are different. I played MGS 2 after completing MGS 3 and I didn't like MGS 2 as a result. I still hold MGS 3 as the top game with PW close behind it.

Salaadin

Wario64 said:
LE is rising up to $160 on eBay now

rising, aha! I get it!

I wish I bought 2 copies though it makes me wonder if Id actually be able to sell it at that price. 160 bucks would certainly help ease the burden that this fall lineup has placed on my wallet :(

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Buckethead said:
MGS4 spit in the eye of every hardcore MGS fan.

It doesn't exist.

Just like Alien 3 doesn't exist.
Alien resurrection was far worse than fincher's Alien.

Local best buy didn't have it yet. The hell?
But goddamn call of duty is everywhere in the store. I think ads for it were even on the washing machine section.

MercuryLS

Banned
I really want to buy this, but not for $50. Should have been $40.

Before anyone tells me to stop being cheap, I just bought 3 new games and own multiple copies of each MGS game.

I wasn't expecting the LE to be such a hot commodity when I ordered it. Really, it was a no-brainer for me once I heard about the Shinkawa art book. It's a little funny reading the earlier posts in this thread poo-pooing it as a rip off for the cash. It would easily go for that on it's own.

Chairhome said:
Have you completed each game before? I wouldn't advise switching back and forth just cause the gameplay mechanics are different. I played MGS 2 after completing MGS 3 and I didn't like MGS 2 as a result. I still hold MGS 3 as the top game with PW close behind it.

Yeah, I thought about that. I've completed everyone except PW (couldn't get past the PSP controls). The mechanics do make it a little tough to jump in and out but not to big of a deal for me.

icespide

Banned
amazon refunded me $16 for my damaged LE. I can live with that. it's actually just the cardboard that the game sits in that is bent, if I flip that around it's not noticeable. still kinda sad though

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
CloakedPuppet said:
I wasn't expecting the LE to be such a hot commodity when I ordered it. Really, it was a no-brainer for me once I heard about the Shinkawa art book. It's a little funny reading the earlier posts in this thread poo-pooing it as a rip off for the cash. It would easily go for that on it's own.

Isn't $30 a pretty normal price for an artbook like that anyway?

But yeah, I knew the people saying it wasn't worth the money were wrong. And I had a feeling it would go up in price.

GuardianE said:
Hmm, does the LE contain a regular copy of the game inside or are they separate UPCs/Not for Resale? Anyone know?

Regular copy with UPC

Doomrider

I wonder if we, dirty Europeasants, will get a limited edition as well, complete with an artbook. There's nothing really special about the one sold by Zavvi (other than the fact that it's limited to 4000 units worldwide) and I'd rather have a book full of Shinkawa's artwork than some damn steelbook and postcards. Have there been any announcements? I couldn't find anything... I'm waiting, Konami.

... Go back to admiring your awesome artbooks ._.

Ridley327

Wario64 said:
Isn't $30 a pretty normal price for an artbook like that anyway?

But yeah, I knew the people saying it wasn't worth the money were wrong. And I had a feeling it would go up in price.
$30 is actually pretty cheap for an artbook that size and on that seemingly high quality of paper. Capcom's artbooks start at $40, for example. "Boutique" items like that aren't ever going to be ridiculously cheap, so they retain their value for some time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I'm pretty much just playing Peace Walker to co-op with my friend since I don't want to get into any heavy story stuff before the onslaught of games next week.

What's the advantage of using a non-Snake on missions?

Ridley327

zoner said:
So I'm pretty much just playing Peace Walker to co-op with my friend since I don't want to get into any heavy story stuff before the onslaught of games next week.

Later on, you get soldiers with better base stats than Snake and they can also possess special abilities, like being able to see all items and POWs on the map or being able to check stats on soldiers without needing the analyzer.

Also, the Battle Armor w/Helmet looks much better on the soldiers than Snake.

zoner said:

Been a whole since I've played it on PSP but I think it's good for stat boosting and special skills

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So how's the online for Peace Walker anyhow? It's pretty much the whole reason I got the game (though I'm sure that I'll replay MGS 2 and 3 eventually)

Ostinatto

getting this tonight ^^ cant wait

mgs51eu.jpg

leng jai said:
Mine is still sitting at Not Yet Shipped on Amazon :(

Same here. This is the last time I pre order and select super saver shipping at checkout. Curse Amazon for not having release date delivery on this title! :)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
The $160 LEs on eBay are sealed ones, right?

It'd be pretty weird to open a game and put it up on ebay this fast

Retro_ said:
It'd be pretty weird to open a game and put it up on ebay this fast
I'm sure there are people that opened it and then saw what it was selling for second hand and then put their copy up for sale.

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
Same here. This is the last time I pre order and select super saver shipping at checkout. Curse Amazon for not having release date delivery on this title! :)

Ditto. Not yet shipped. Although I have two-day shipping. I did contact a rep today and they assured me that my LE order would be fulfilled and I would receive it at the latest by the estimated delivery release date of November 14th. Don't break my heart, Amazon.

MyEpitomeCliché said:
Ditto. Not yet shipped. Although I have two-day shipping. I did contact a rep today and they assured me that my LE order would be fulfilled and I would receive it at the latest by the estimated delivery release date of November 14th. Don't break my heart, Amazon.
They said the same thing to me, but also said it might ship arrive a day early. I just wish it would get here before the 3 day weekend.

I've played about an hour of Peace Walker and I am LOVING it. Seems like an incredibly solid game with an awesome story. Very excited to pick it back up after work.

Top Bottom