• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Schlomo

Does the Japanese version have English or Japanese audio? Maybe both? Since Substance always had English audio in Japan, it would make sense to include it.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn't find anything.

Erigu

Schlomo said:
Does the Japanese version have English or Japanese audio? Maybe both? Since Substance always had English audio in Japan, it would make sense to include it.
Only Japanese audio, I believe.

Salaadin

Beat MGS2 last night. Missed 4 dog tags on Normal Tanker because of my own stupidity but the Tanker is easy enough to replay after beating the game since you can choose to only play that chapter. Got all Normal Plant dog tags though.
I forgot how annoying some of them could be and am now dreading an Extreme play through because its just going to be...ugh.

I focused on some of the trophies too. Breaking necks, shooting radios, knocking unconscious. I didnt get the "tranq 100 enemies" one or the "kill 5 with steam" one but those will be easy enough on another play through.
Regarding the "kill 5 with steam", Im assuming the best place to do this would be on the Tanker in that hallway right outside the hold where you get attacked? I dont recall any other areas with as many pipes as that one.

Does anyone know if the trophys carry across play throughs..like if I beat the game on Normal and tranq 50 guys and then use that same save to start a new game and tranq 50 more...will that give me the 100 needed for the trophy or does it all have to be one play through?

One last thing is the "shoot 15 cameras" trophy. Im not sure that there are 15 cameras in the game. I shot out every one I saw and didnt get it. Gun Cypher dont seem to count towards it but Im not sure about regular Cypher.
Going from memory, there are 2 cameras on the tanker (cafeteria and hallway before cafeteria) so that would mean the Plant has 13. I dont think it does.

Daigoro

Salaadin said:
Beat MGS2 last night. Missed 4 dog tags on Normal Tanker because of my own stupidity but the Tanker is easy enough to replay after beating the game since you can choose to only play that chapter. Got all Normal Plant dog tags though.
I forgot how annoying some of them could be and am now dreading an Extreme play through because its just going to be...ugh.

I focused on some of the trophies too. Breaking necks, shooting radios, knocking unconscious. I didnt get the "tranq 100 enemies" one or the "kill 5 with steam" one but those will be easy enough on another play through.
Regarding the "kill 5 with steam", Im assuming the best place to do this would be on the Tanker in that hallway right outside the hold where you get attacked? I dont recall any other areas with as many pipes as that one.

Does anyone know if the trophys carry across play throughs..like if I beat the game on Normal and tranq 50 guys and then use that same save to start a new game and tranq 50 more...will that give me the 100 needed for the trophy or does it all have to be one play through?

One last thing is the "shoot 15 cameras" trophy. Im not sure that there are 15 cameras in the game. I shot out every one I saw and didnt get it. Gun Cypher dont seem to count towards it but Im not sure about regular Cypher.
Going from memory, there are 2 cameras on the tanker (cafeteria and hallway before cafeteria) so that would mean the Plant has 13. I dont think it does.

i was wondering the same thing.

also, i thought the tranq enemy one was for MGS3. how do we tell what games each achievement is for?

now im confused.

Salaadin

Daigoro said:
i was wondering the same thing.

also, i thought the tranq enemy one was for MGS3. how do we tell what games each achievement is for?

now im confused.

The trophies are split up by game. When I view my trophy list, I can only see MGS2 because MGS2 is the only one I started. MGS3 and MGSPW wont even show up.

And MGS2 does have a "tranq 100" trophy. Not sure about MGS3.

Daigoro

Salaadin said:
The trophies are split up by game. When I view my trophy list, I can only see MGS2 because MGS2 is the only one I started. MGS3 and MGSPW wont even show up.

And MGS2 does have a "tranq 100" trophy. Not sure about MGS3.

hm. not sure if its split up this way on 360 though. ill double check.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Schlomo said:

Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn't find anything.
I doubt it. I own the Japanese version of MGS3 Subsistance and all dialog is in Japanese so I'm doubting they would have changed things here. Besides, Akio Otsuka is awesome.

JohngPR

Salaadin said:
I forgot how annoying some of them could be and am now dreading an Extreme play through because its just going to be...ugh..

Now, do those carry over? So if you missed 4 dog tags in the tanker section and beat it, does it remember that and make you only get 4 more when you replay it?

I liked the dog tag thing in MGS2, but didn't bother getting all of them past the tanker chapter when I played it initially.

JohngPR said:
Now, do those carry over? So if you missed 4 dog tags in the tanker section and beat it, does it remember that and make you only get 4 more when you replay it?

I liked the dog tag thing in MGS2, but didn't bother getting all of them past the tanker chapter when I played it initially.

Yes. I remember this clearly from dogtag mode back in the day. From the main menu of MGS2 there's a dog tag viewer which loads up any save file you choose and browse through all of the dog tags you've found across all difficulty levels.

JohngPR

Crazymoogle said:
Yes. I remember this clearly from dogtag mode back in the day. From the main menu of MGS2 there's a dog tag viewer which loads up any save file you choose and browse through all of the dog tags you've found across all difficulty levels.

Now that you mention that, I do remember.

I'm debating whether I should go for all the dog tags. I'd love to platinum these games, but don't think I want to get through them on the harder difficulties.

onken

Well I bought Peace Walker HD off the JP store while I wait for my 2&3 disk. Already had like 120 odd hours on the PSP version but 60fps and decent controls... had to be done.

Hero_of_the_Day said:
Did the rain always look so weird in Snake Eater? You can't see it, only where it is "splashing" onto object, not actually falling. I've never noticed that before.

The rain is kind of hard to see but it's there

Salaadin

JohngPR said:
Now that you mention that, I do remember.

I'm debating whether I should go for all the dog tags. I'd love to platinum these games, but don't think I want to get through them on the harder difficulties.

Yeah, Im also pretty sure that, now that I beat it, I can start the game and choose "Tanker only" on each difficulty and clear the tanker dog tags first without having to go through the entire Plant chapter.

The tougher modes arent all THAT bad but you just have to be very, very patient especially when collecting dog tags. The boss fights and Solidus choke are, by far, the hardest things to deal with but there are some tricks to make them easier. For instance, equipping the cardboard box against Fortune and just running back and forth.

I think the hardest boss fight on Extreme for me were the Metal Gear Rays because you have to take out 19 or 20 of them and you die in 1 or 2 hits and only have 1 (maybe 2) rations.

onken

Man Peace Walker is an awesome port. Rock solid framerate, great net code, XMB music, good trophies. Fuck awesome, can't wait for 2/3.

Branson

onken said:
Man Peace Walker is an awesome port. Rock solid framerate, great net code, XMB music, good trophies. Fuck awesome, can't wait for 2/3.
And for a PSP game? Graphics are surprising. It's really great.

Ridley327

Kasumi1970 said:
that not the reason the 360 LE is being sold by amazon the ps3 LE is being soid by a seller on amazon.
That's what I mean, though; you're going to have more interest in the PS3 version of the LE simply because of the vast difference in fanbase between the systems for the franchise. Why would MGS fans care at all about the 360 version?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
About to finish Act 1 of Peace Walker on 360 and absolutely loving it. A really slow burn initially, stealth is quite dumbed down from MGS3 and the first several missions are stupidly easy and short(making co-op feel a bit pointless even).

Now that the difficulty is ramping up, and I have faced a few challenging 'vehicle' bosses(really great ones too!) I am utterly hooked. Leveling up and unlocking new gear is feeding my addiction quite a bit. There is constantly something new to consider from your base and the persistent upgrades even make revisiting stages for better grades(and more recruits) really interesting.

I have Skyrim and I almost hate to even play too deep into it before pushing through Peace Walker fully first. Can't wait to unlock the sneaking suit. Love all of the little nods as well, Kojima got really playful in certain spots with some humorous callbacks/references. Hell I even recruited Hideo Kojima to my team in a funny easter egg sequence late in Act 1.

So yea, this is an astounding package so far.

Edgeward

My LE finally shipped! But I have to wait til Monday. -_- Please don't get too far in PW guys, I want to actually play co-op with people this time. ;-;

Ridley327

XVjoo.jpg

VIC BOSS

There's a glitch in Peace Walker coop where you'll get disconnected if you're quick-swapping items too much, if you manually switch it's fine. This was in the original PSP game too.

SkylineRKR

Brandon F said:
About to finish Act 1 of Peace Walker on 360 and absolutely loving it. A really slow burn initially, stealth is quite dumbed down from MGS3 and the first several missions are stupidly easy and short(making co-op feel a bit pointless even).

Now that the difficulty is ramping up, and I have faced a few challenging 'vehicle' bosses(really great ones too!) I am utterly hooked. Leveling up and unlocking new gear is feeding my addiction quite a bit. There is constantly something new to consider from your base and the persistent upgrades even make revisiting stages for better grades(and more recruits) really interesting.

I have Skyrim and I almost hate to even play too deep into it before pushing through Peace Walker fully first. Can't wait to unlock the sneaking suit. Love all of the little nods as well, Kojima got really playful in certain spots with some humorous callbacks/references. Hell I even recruited Hideo Kojima to my team in a funny easter egg sequence late in Act 1.

I love Peace Walker, its gradually gets harder but keep in mind that the missions are handheld tailored; they never become too long. You'll also need quite some different items and weapons this time around, and for that you'll need to find schematics as well as leveling up and I liked that MUCH more than MGS4's system that basically let you buy and equip anything.

Scanning enemies to see their class and grade, and then fulton the ones you'll want can get really addicting.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Ridley327 said:
That's what I mean, though; you're going to have more interest in the PS3 version of the LE simply because of the vast difference in fanbase between the systems for the franchise. Why would MGS fans care at all about the 360 version?
some people could be like me i am fan MGS but I sold my PS3 so i only have a 360 now,

Brandon F said:

Peace Walker was fun, but to me it felt completely devoid of challenge*, and it never ramped up to an acceptable level, Super Mario World-tier enjoyable fluff. Kind of made all the gear I collected feel kind of pointless.

*not including solo-ing higher level optional bosses

randomwab

Can anyone remember how long it takes Videogameplus to ship to the UK? It was shipped on Tuesday and I can never remember shipping times for them.

Top Bottom