• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Marty Chinn said:
Don't they only hold them for 48 hours? It's been 48 hours since release.
You could always call and ask. I don't know how friendly your gamestop is, but I've never had a problem as long as I get it within 24 hours

Well looks like Gamestop.com canceled my LE order (that was placed on the 8th) :(

Didn't even have the courtesy to send me a damn email either.

edit: nevermind, I read the order wrong. It's coming just no tracking yet :)

zoner said:
You could always call and ask. I don't know how friendly your gamestop is, but I've never had a problem as long as I get it within 24 hours
Mine are saying they hold them for A MONTH because they are Limited Editions. They also said the people have put down money so that's the reason they hold them. What a load of shit. Funny how the last time I preordered something at Gamestop, which was earlier this year, they told me that if I didn't pick it up in 48 hours I could lose the preorder. What the hell is this month shit?! I'm about to call the District Manager and complain.

SamuraiX-

MikeE21286 said:
Well looks like Gamestop.com canceled my LE order (that was placed on the 8th) :(

Didn't even have the courtesy to send me a damn email either.

Shit, man... Sorry to hear that. I think you ordered around the exact same time I did too. :(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
zoner said:
...But wouldn't that be the truth in this situation?
Probably, but I'm just poking fun at the fact that GameStop employees seem to take a certain pleasure in telling people that — even when you can easily go down the street to another store and buy a copy off the shelf in many cases (not with this game).

Ridley327

Big Papa Husker said:
EDIT: Maybe I won't call and bitch out the District Manager... Amazon just switched my order to "SHIPPING SOON" WOO ;D *PLEASE SHIP* *PLEASE SHIP*
It seems like that everyone who ended up ordering on Amazon will get their LE after all; I got my email this morning about the matter.

robot said:
Im sure this has been asked a dozen times, and can't find it in the OP - but what is the correct chronological order to play the 3 MGS games on the collection? Not counting the MSX versions as I won't get to those till later. Or should I just play 2, 3 then PW? I've only played MGS 2 out of this collection.
shouldnt play the games in chronological order but release order

Ridley327

Marty Chinn said:
After the MGS4 LE debacle (ie not limited at all) I didn't think I'd have a problem picking this up at release.
As soon as it was announced that the MGS4 LE was Gamestop exclusive, I knew they were going to overprint the bejeesus out of it, just like FFXII's LE.

I spotted a blooper in Metal Gear Solid 2!! In the cutscene prior to
Fortune
's fight,
none of the sea lice appear in her path
. I wonder what else is off...

Man, I am having way too much fun with this game. Hunting for dog tags, getting the trophies, and I'm basically speaking each line as they go in the cutscenes too. XD

SamuraiX-

MikeE21286 said:
Did you get yours. Forutnately I read the order incorrectly and got a little upset so to say.

They sent me a confirmation email last night that it was shipped and said it should be here by Tuesday. I'm still feeling skeptical for some reason though.

Wario64 said:
Someone on Craigslist around here is selling the LE minus game for $40, lol. Sounds like a bargain.

Wait until game alone drops to $30-40.

Already have case+art book.

Profit.

Awww man, literally started grinning when I took control of Naked Snake for the first time. It's fucking beautiful. I'm playing MGS3 in HD in 60fps, what the FUCK

Snaku

Banned
DualShadow said:
I remember playing it the first time when I was younger and actually considering it, but decided against it.

See I thought it was going to be like Genesis X-Men, where you had to reset the console to advance the game. Naw, just Kojima trollin.

Maybe it's too early to ask this but if anyone's already completed MGS3 can they confirm if we can change difficulties with the completed save?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
vatstep said:
Probably, but I'm just poking fun at the fact that GameStop employees seem to take a certain pleasure in telling people that — even when you can easily go down the street to another store and buy a copy off the shelf in many cases (not with this game).
Not in those particular words, but most clerks start saying 'did you reserve it?' because they want to make sure your 5 dollar deposit is used.

vid

AEGISX said:
the limited edition shows how stupid fanboys are.

Boy, wait until you hear that I'm trying to pick it up on both systems!

jaekwon15 said:
The price of the LE will bottom out. They always do.

Except for when they're actually limited... like this. I've been trying to get a reasonably priced Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition for years. Hopefully the price falls a bit because of the HD Collection...

Falcs

Banned
Woohoo! Bought game from Amazon on the 8th, they shipped it to Los Angeles same day, left LA on the 9th. Estimated arrival - 14th (in Australia).
I love you, America!!

Up yours, Aus/Euro Feb release date!!!!

I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Damn, I've forgotten just how tough it is to stealth in MGS3 if you don't have all the camos. Getting past the Ponizovje dock unnoticed is nigh impossible without the water uniform/facepaint.

BigBoss

Red Blaster said:
Damn, I've forgotten just how tough it is to stealth in MGS3 if you don't have all the camos. Getting past the Ponizovje dock unnoticed is nigh impossible without the water uniform/facepaint.

Use the alligator hat, as long as you're in the water and have no weapons equipped you're invisible.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
I spotted a blooper in Metal Gear Solid 2!! In the cutscene prior to
Fortune
's fight,
none of the sea lice appear in her path
. I wonder what else is off...
Ugh, I hoped this was just a one-off glitch. It bugged me the entire time I was playing :p

How did they miss that?

Tomasooie

Jeez, you have to press the square button in so hard to stab with the knife in Snake Eater. Is there even a way to do that on the 360 version?

Also, I remember that while in a locker in MGS2, if you pressed R1 down all the way quickly, Snake would audibly and quickly bump his head into the opening, but on this he just slowly gets closer to it, no matter how hard you press R1 in.

Just small nitpicks; it's still a great collection of ports.

1. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for not making an Extreme trophy! I almost got choked out by Solidus on normal!

2. Damn, I'm rusty as hell on these VR missions -- although, I do still seem to know how to complete every stage.

4. Ugh... I forgot how terrible the First-Person Mode controls are in VR. How did you put up with this, 17-year-old self?!

And I don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to aim the AK/M4 without firing, no matter how lightly I press the button. The sniping sensitivity also seems WAY too high with the stick -- gonna make completing MGS1 Snake's defense of Meryl pretty hard...

m0dus said:
Here's a quick question-- do you think killing seagulls would nullify a 'no kill' run :( ?

I'm pretty sure they don't count.

EL Beefo

Tomasooie said:
Jeez, you have to press the square button in so hard to stab with the knife in Snake Eater. Is there even a way to do that on the 360 version?

Also, I remember that while in a locker in MGS2, if you pressed R1 down all the way quickly, Snake would audibly and quickly bump his head into the opening, but on this he just slowly gets closer to it, no matter how hard you press R1 in.

Just small nitpicks; it's still a great collection of ports.

You might want to check again on the locker thing, I know for sure I've made noises when pressing R1 to fast.

Tomasooie

EL Beefo said:
You might want to check again on the locker thing, I know for sure I've made noises when pressing R1 to fast.
Oh yeah, you're right. I guess I wasn't pressing it hard enough. It actually isn't annoying to do, unlike the knife stab in Snake Eater, so I dunno why I couldn't get it to happen before.

Carnby

vid said:
Except for when they're actually limited... like this. I've been trying to get a reasonably priced Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition for years. Hopefully the price falls a bit because of the HD Collection...

I can get MGS 3 LE for as low as 80 to 109 dollars on ebay.

All game prices bottom out. Remember when Twin Snakes used to be a 50 dollar used game? Now it's less than 20. Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition used to go for over 100 dollars used, now its 50 dollars. Final Fantasy 7, MvC 2, and every single Silent Hill game all used to sell for way more than they do now. Three HD ports and an art book are not going to sell for over 200 dollars in six months. The prices are inflated now because the game just came out and fan boy demand is high. The same thing just happened with Dark Souls CE, and now the prices are very reasonable. Quote me I you would like to.

Did the rain always look so weird in Snake Eater? You can't see it, only where it is "splashing" onto object, not actually falling. I've never noticed that before.

Top Bottom