• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ScOULaris said:
Weird. That's the exact same model that I have. Did you have the rope both before and after patch 1.01?

I would really love to see some release notes for that patch.
I've never played without the patch so I can't help ya there.

I hope this hasn't been already been answered (searched Gamefaqs), but did Kojima FINALLY restore the cut content from Metal Gear Solid 2?

I remember there was Vamp talking about how Dead Cell wanted to destroy New York, and about 5-8 minutes worth of cinematic awesomeness where Arsenal crashes through the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, through Wall Street, etc.

It's been 10 years, you'd think they'd release this stuff already, even if the content is edited to omit the World Trade Center towers.

Desmond

Chairhome said:
Its not a YYH reference, Kuwabara Kuwabara seems to be a superstitious saying in Japan.
Oh Ok.

Never knew PW had a cutscene viewer, found a typo, wonder if they fixed on the HD release

Pai Pai Master said:
Seriously wtf is the reason for this? Has Gamestop commented?
The best excuse I got out of them is some dweeb picked something out of the wrong bin (yes, that's right, GameStop.com fulfills orders by picking games out of bins.) it's happening in way too high quantities to be a simple human error though.

Exclamation-One said:
I hope this hasn't been already been answered (searched Gamefaqs), but did Kojima FINALLY restore the cut content from Metal Gear Solid 2?

I remember there was Vamp talking about how Dead Cell wanted to destroy New York, and about 5-8 minutes worth of cinematic awesomeness where Arsenal crashes through the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, through Wall Street, etc.

It's been 10 years, you'd think they'd release this stuff already, even if the content is edited to omit the World Trade Center towers.

Nope, it's still just as awkward. You see Arsenal going underneath a bridge, and then the next cutscene is Solidus and Raiden on top of Federal Hall with Arsenal smashed into the roof.

Ridley327

Man, the slowdown during the Harrier fight is hilarious; they must have done something weird with the Stinger because the game grinds to a halt when you're using it.

Ridley327 said:
Man, the slowdown during the Harrier fight is hilarious; they must have done something weird with the Stinger because the game grinds to a halt when you're using it.
Now this is weird... I don't remember any slowdown during that fight for me at all, and I was really enjoying it... My television is only capable of 1080i display though (it's an older Toshiba Theatrewide CRT that I LOVE!!) - I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Also, I have the lice/bugs too...

2009 PS3 Slim; 1080i (HDMI); 1.01

Ridley327 said:

Yep :\

And the lice problem definitely has something to do with newer PS3 models. Talked with fellow gaffer Stealth Fox and he doesn't see the lice on his 40 GB model while I do on my 60 GB. Anyone try deleting the patch and seeing if there's any difference?

Ridley327

Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
Now this is weird... I don't remember any slowdown during that fight for me at all, and I was really enjoying it... My television is only capable of 1080i display though (it's an older Toshiba Theatrewide CRT that I LOVE!!) - I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Also, I have the lice/bugs too...

2009 PS3 Slim; 1080i (HDMI); 1.01
I'm playing at 720p.

Zwei

A Twisty Fluken said:
The best excuse I got out of them is some dweeb picked something out of the wrong bin

free-happy-smileys-839.gif

I'm sorry , I haven't seen anyone use the word 'dweeb' in quite a while. Too funny.

Ridley327 said:
I'm playing at 720p.
That would take less than 40% more image processing power than 1080i, right? But still... Maybe I just didn't notice it because I was too into the fight... I think I'll check for a save near there and try again...

DraculaDillenger said:
Knowing now how available the 360 edition is, this seems somewhat ridiculous, but yesterday I risked death securing the local Gamestop's last copy of HD: LE. Heading home in the rain, I was smoked by an eighty-one year-old lady who soared through a stop sign, ruining my bike and launching me into a pinwheel. After a battery of examinations and a CT scan, I spent the night in the hospital; turns out I'm mostly fine, but I'll be in that neck brace for awhille. Seeing as I'll be mostly supine for next few days, at least I'll have something to do.

The box made it through in better shape than I, save for a messy corner.

And yes, that is my paper urine receptacle.

Yikes, that sucks glad your OK, get well soon. I swear after 70 people should be retested to see if they are fit to still be driving.

I wonder if bluepoint will patch these bugs, seems like a simple fix. I guess they bit off more then they could chew, with all the other collections they have/were/are doing. Also I have not played this yet, but saw mention of a patch already. Do we know what it was for?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Your suppressor refreshes inbetween missions does it not?

I never had mine run out on me

then again I used hold up most of the game instead

hold up OP in PW

Sanchito

A Twisty Fluken said:
The best excuse I got out of them is some dweeb picked something out of the wrong bin (yes, that's right, GameStop.com fulfills orders by picking games out of bins.) it's happening in way too high quantities to be a simple human error though.

I was one of the "lucky" ones that got sent MW3. The guy who I dealt with when I called about my botched order found a store that had 1 copy left in my area.

I was told the store that had the game originally called my local store and said they were sending them a copy and it was for me. So yesterday I called my local store before I headed out to make sure all was well and they got my copy in. The employee I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. He said he got a copy of the LE in this morning and sold it to someone. I was like.. YOU SOLD MY COPY??? He said there was no note saying it was for me or anything. Turns out there was more than one copy sent to their store. A 360 version and a PS3 version. The PS3 LE was in another box somewhere. I Found out they sold off the 360 copy.

WHEW! I breathed a sigh of relief and headed on over to my local GS. Of course, when I get there, the manager couldn't find where the guy I had spoken to earlier put my LE! It was a freakin' mess. I had just gotten off of a 10 hour day at work. I wanted to get my damn game and go home. They guy I talked to earlier was on his break, so I had to wait for him to come back. 30 minutes later I leave the store, game in hand.

The manager was cool and hooked me up with a gears of war 3 shirt and a battlefield 3 messenger bag for my troubles.

I hope you guys that got hosed out of your LE have better luck and are able to score one somehow.

Right, I'm sorry but I've searched and searched and can't find an answer even though I'm positive it probably has been answered. The Xbox 360 version: Is it region-locked? I know the PS3 version will work in Europe but I want achievements not trophies!

Ridley327

Retro_ said:
Your suppressor refreshes inbetween missions does it not?

I never had mine run out on me

then again I used hold up most of the game instead

hold up OP in PW
Well, he's asking if you can manually insert a silencer like you could in MGS3 and you can't. You're stuck with that gun for the whole mission.

Omikaru

TerryWogan said:
Right, I'm sorry but I've searched and searched and can't find an answer even though I'm positive it probably has been answered. The Xbox 360 version: Is it region-locked? I know the PS3 version will work in Europe but I want achievements not trophies!
Sorry to disappoint you, but the 360 version is region locked. If you wan't achievements, you'll have to wait until February.

Splinter

Got the 360 version, only played MGS1 on PSX/GCN, didn't get a chance to play MGS2, 3 or 4.

Not feeling the camera on MGS2 at all, and the controls are clunky, especially aiming/shooting. Anyway to fix it? Gun combat is almost impossible. I would prefer the same camera control from MGS3.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Splinter said:
Got the 360 version, only played MGS1 on PSX/GCN, didn't get a chance to play MGS2, 3 or 4.

Not feeling the camera on MGS2 at all, and the controls are clunky, especially aiming/shooting. Anyway to fix it? Gun combat is almost impossible. I would prefer the same camera control from MGS3.

No way to fix it. You'll just have to get adjusted. At the very least, you can enable the radar to stay on at all times.

Does Snake smoke when Raiden first meets him? If so, my brother says there's an invisible cigarette. I didn't see it nor do I remember if he does have a cig in that scene.

Omikaru said:
Sorry to disappoint you, but the 360 version is region locked. If you wan't achievements, you'll have to wait until February.

NOOOOOOOO! Ah well, thanks for the info. It's not like there isn't a shortage of games still to complete sat on my shelf!

Splinter said:

Seeing people say MGS2's controls are clunky just puzzles me. Resident Evil and Dead Rising is what I'd call clunky, the controls in MGS2 are convoluted but make sense and once you get the hang of it you can evade enemies like a ninja.

MercuryLS

Banned
Selling a MGS HD Collection LE for PS3. Looking for $120 if anyone is interested (cost me $100 after taxes/shipping from Amazon). I would prefer to do a local sale, I'm in Brampton Ontario.

kaioshade

Man, people are raging pretty hard on amazon forums about the price raping going on there. I mean gouging is lame as shit, but free market and all that jazz.

Red Blaster said:
Seeing people say MGS2's controls are clunky just puzzles me. Resident Evil and Dead Rising is what I'd call clunky, the controls in MGS2 are convoluted but make sense and once you get the hang of it you can evade enemies like a ninja.

Moving around is fine. Aiming and all that is crazy confusing.

MGS3: Subsistence: mostly fine, but all that subtle pressure-sensitive stuff for CQC is too convoluted.

MGS4: very nice other than some issues with cover.

Peace Walker: ???

MercuryLS

Banned
Wow the LE Artbook is amazing. So beautiful, totally worth the extra $$$. Thanks Wario for the Amazon link, i would have missed out otherwise.

Red Blaster said:
I even like Resident Evil-style tank controls. I may just have a higher tolerance for crap, but I like non-standardized controls that don't just feel like every other shooter out there while still functioning.

RedRedSuit said:
Moving around is fine. Aiming and all that is crazy confusing.

MGS3: Subsistence: mostly fine, but all that subtle pressure-sensitive stuff for CQC is too convoluted.

MGS4: very nice other than some issues with cover.

Peace Walker: ???

Shooting has always been easy for me because guards will go right to sleep if you tranq them using lock-on and then roll into them.

Another handy tip for noobs, if you don't feel like wasting time choking/punching a guard to knock him while saving tranq ammo; hold him up and them punch him in the balls in first person view. Instant knockout.

MercuryLS

Banned
Peace Walker is the shit, man this game is so fun. I love the quick missions, the weapon upgrading, etc. I don't really get the significance of the crew that you have, are they only there to upgrade your weapons/items?

Also, should I pay with people online or just stick to SP for now?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Can I be an asshole for a minute? I've never seen anyone else say this before, but I just have to get it off my chest:

I hate the Snake Eater song. It's so bad and cheesy. I get it. It's supposed to sound like an old James Bond song would. But ugh, it's just painful to me. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy. I can't stand hearing it.

AlphaSnake said:
Can I be an asshole for a minute? I've never seen anyone else say this before, but I just have to get it off my chest:

I hate the Snake Eater song. It's so bad and cheesy. I get it. It's supposed to sound like an old James Bond song would. But ugh, it's just painful to me. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy. I can't stand hearing it.
I... sorta agree.

Happy? :p

However, try singing to it. So much fun! :D

Red Blaster said:
Shooting has always been easy for me because guards will go right to sleep if you tranq them using lock-on and then roll into them.

Another handy tip for noobs, if you don't feel like wasting time choking/punching a guard to knock him while saving tranq ammo; hold him up and them punch him in the balls in first person view. Instant knockout.

Yeah, there are tricks to make it all easy, but the control scheme as presented is just not intuitive. It's kind of like entering Nintendo-style codes just to properly aim and fire. It's cool... I'm used to it.

Top Bottom