• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I think that was MGS1 where the chopper came back, but you couldn't destroy it early though.

A Hind D?]
:D

What was the 1.01 patch?

Also, are you guys playing in letterbox or fullscreen? I notice fullscreen cuts off each side a bit but are there any instances where it ruins the experience? Like an important scene, easter egg or something hidden in the background?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
MoonsaultSlayer said:
What was the 1.01 patch?

Also, are you guys playing in letterbox or fullscreen? I notice fullscreen cuts off each side a bit but are there any instances where it ruins the experience? Like an important scene, easter egg or something hidden in the background?

Pretty sure full screen is the original AR, so you wouldn't miss anything.

jett

D-Member
Wario64 said:
Pretty sure full screen is the original AR, so you wouldn't miss anything.

It's close, but not really cuz the original aspect ratio of the cut-scenes in MGS2 and MGS3(and MGS1) isn't 16:9. Closer then "super widescreen" though.

Synless said:
For the record, the lice was in the scene with fortune for me.
What if these are just random bugs (lol) that come and go at any time? One playthrough you see them, another time you may not. Like a random glitch that has no rhyme or reason? My brother had a grid of dots over the water when you first take control of Raiden, I didn't. Just weird.

survivor said:
Fuck. I'm so tempted to beat The End the cheap way. I wish I hadn't read about it beforehand.

Fuck The End, I always nuke him on the dock. It's more fun to stalk the squads of Ocelot dudes that replace him, Rambo-style. That's one of the best places in the game to give your stealthmurder (or quietsleepy) muscles a workout.

Johnas

survivor said:
Fuck. I'm so tempted to beat The End the cheap way. I wish I hadn't read about it beforehand.

Do that part legitimately, it's (imo) the best boss battle of the series.

Just make judicious use of the directional mic and thermal goggles, and you're good to go.

Roto13

I love the trophies. So many of them are for fun stuff like creating a time paradox or taking a picture of that soldier in his underwear and sending it to Otacon.

I ate a snake and got the Snake Eater trophy. I think that means I won the game.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The pics in Photography Mode have been replaced with higher res models. Different models too. Mmmmm

6356750021_2305a0e7bf_b.jpg

Just have Pliskin, Tuxedo, and MGS1 left to do. MW3 and family have kepy me busy but I'll probably beat all of it by Sunday and the platinum next week.

Yuripaw

Banned
Sub_Level said:
The pics in Photography Mode have been replaced with higher res models. Different models too. Mmmmm

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6119/6356750021_2305a0e7bf_b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

google search....oh wow, lol

Marvie_3

Banned
revolverjgw said:
Fuck The End, I always nuke him on the dock. It's more fun to stalk the squads of Ocelot dudes that replace him, Rambo-style. That's one of the best places in the game to give your stealthmurder (or quietsleepy) muscles a workout.
I love doing this.

creid

canadian crowe said:
I'm sorry, I love the Snake Eater theme song. It's ridiculous, but awesome. So is the
Starsailor Song during the credits
Funny that Kojima only found the band because he was in the record store looking for
Stellastarr

Ridley327

Oh my god, I totally forgot about
the wheel from The End's wheelchair smacking you when you kill him on the dock.

This is why MGS3 is amazing.

hank_tree

Is there a big difference between the PS3 and 360 versions? My preference would be to get it on the 360 unless there are any major issues.

All the cutscenes are unlocked in the demo theater despite the fact that I have not finished the game. I don't think that was the same in Subsistence, was it?

Red Blaster said:
Wish Kojima went with his original choice for the MGS3 credits in Space Oddity.

That would have been interesting.

Desmond

hank_tree said:
Is there a big difference between the PS3 and 360 versions? My preference would be to get it on the 360 unless there are any major issues.
-360 ain't region free
-No transfarring (lol)
-Mgs on 360 lol

j/k......?

Ridley327

All the cutscenes are unlocked in the demo theater despite the fact that I have not finished the game. I don't think that was the same in Subsistence, was it?

If you selected "I like MGS3" at the beginning, it unlocks the demo theater in its entirety, Extreme and Euro Extreme, and the unlockable camos.

Speaking of, I had nothing else better to do yesterday than to power through MGS3 in one sitting and goddamn, it's still an amazing game.

ScOULaris

If you selected "I like MGS3" at the beginning, it unlocks the demo theater in its entirety, Extreme and Euro Extreme, and the unlockable camos.

Speaking of, I had nothing else better to do yesterday than to power through MGS3 in one sitting and goddamn, it's still an amazing game.
Wait, THAT'S what selecting "I like MGS3" does? Motherfucker. You still unlock the demo theater by just beating the game as well, right?

Ridley327

Wait, THAT'S what selecting "I like MGS3" does? Motherfucker. You still unlock the demo theater by just beating the game as well, right?

Yes, but if memory serves me correctly, it will only unlock the cutscenes that you've seen, so you would have to keep going to unlock those with alternate takes.

Damn, Raiden's "That" easter egg removal sucks. Is it confirmed? How about the codec calls during the "golden shower" scene? *shifty eyes*

-360 ain't region free
-No transfarring (lol)
-Mgs on 360 lol

j/k......?

Also, two discs and weird analog controls in MGS3. Nothing really "major" though.

Ridley327

I should mention that sneaking up on The End is still as thrilling as it was back in 2004.

And holy shit, does the Sokrovenno region look amazing in HD or what?

legacyzero

Banned
So I used Gamefly to rent this game...

I put it in my 360 and was immediately graced with the worlds biggest NOSTALGIA BONER!

I then said to myself "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING LEGACYZERO?! It's Metal Gear!!" And pushed the "KEEP IT" button on Gamefly. I fell like I betrayed this game by even the thought of rental.

Vercimber

The 60fps of MGS3 and Peace Walker just blows me away. All are great games, but the up in framerate really makes them shine. And Peace Walker is damned addictive. I haven't been booting up a game so much since Xenoblade. Excellent collection, and well worth it. For what it's worth, the rain is in my MGS3 and the sea lice in MGS2. I'm playing on a 250GB Slim PS3.

Ridley327

The rain in MGS3 was kind of weird for me; I didn't see many traces of it in the cutscenes, but it's there in all its glory during gameplay when fighting both The End and The Sorrow.

icespide

Banned
finished MGS3 today. still amazing. whoever mentioned the flapping cloth in the snake ocelot thing at the end was right. it looks really weird. their clothes flap at like 2 frames per second but the rest of th scene is a smooth 60

I've forgotten how bad MGS2 really is after you get off the tanker. I haven't played it since it was first released, yet up to this point I've felt compelled to defend it. No more my friends. Freezing bombs, the boring/repetitive/confusing layout of The Big Shell, and the fact it's just bad to play without radar makes me angry. The plot of the story is actually quite compelling for me in a strange way.

I decided to play MGS2 while switching between the others when I get bored with it. THAT's kinda fun actually.

deim0s

Question about Transfarring: I have a carefully guarded PW save on the PSP. Can I transfarr it to be used on the PS3? The manual is pretty much useless.

JohngPR

Playing MGS2 for the first time in 10 years is a great feeling. Loving it so far. It'll be fun to play it not expecting to
switch over to Snake
after every big moment. LOL

Also, gay vampires, huh? Man, MGS2 foretold all types of stuff.

:p

Roto13

I've forgotten how bad MGS2 really is after you get off the tanker. I haven't played it since it was first released, yet up to this point I've felt compelled to defend it. No more my friends. Freezing bombs, the boring/repetitive/confusing layout of The Big Shell, and the fact it's just bad to play without radar makes me angry. The plot of the story is actually quite compelling for me in a strange way.

I decided to play MGS2 while switching between the others when I get bored with it. THAT's kinda fun actually.

What's confusing about the Big Shell? It's a hexagon.

Ridley327

Question about Transfarring: I have a carefully guarded PW save on the PSP. Can I transfarr it to be used on the PS3? The manual is pretty much useless.

You can select the Tranfarring In option on the PS3 to bring your save file over, but any save file that isn't started on your particular PS3 has trophies locked out.

Top Bottom