• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Vita |OT| Snake in your pants!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember some mention of these versions being 30FPS. Because of that, I might stick to playing the PS3 HD collection, but I would love to have these games on my Vita. They're such incredible games.

How do you know? Trophy lists are separated for MotorStorm RC and when you unlock them on PS3 you also unlock them on Vita (and vice-versa).

Unless anyone has tried it, we don't know yet.

I haven't seen this in a retail release. Do I know 100%, no, but if it's anything like MLB: The Show, you will need to unlock them separately.

I could be wrong though.

Do the MSX games have trophies?

Wait wait wait....fucking WAIT! You're telling me this has transfarring? So where I left off on my PS3 version is where I can pickup from on the Vita?!

They both have seperate trophy lists.

so if it works like motorstormRC;
if you play on the vita, and earn a trophy, it'll only appear on the vita's trophy list, but as soon as you start up the ps3 version , it'll ulock the same trophy for ps3. (and vice versa.)

Now that's wonderful news. So I f I pick up MGS HD for PS3 down the line It wioll unlock all the trophies I have already gotten on the Vita Version. WOW!

Edit: So the trophies are separate?

jonno394

I loved MGS Snake Eater 3D, but i've never played the original. I liked crouch walking in the 3DS version, but as it's not in this it'll probably feel quite different.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you don't want to wait, you could always play Metal gear solid via remote play. Waiting for PSOne support to come 'this summer', you might be a while

Jawmuncher

They both have seperate trophy lists.

so if it works like motorstormRC;
if you play on the vita, and earn a trophy, it'll only appear on the vita's trophy list, but as soon as you start up the ps3 version , it'll ulock the same trophy for ps3. (and vice versa.)

Awesome thank for clarifying that.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I'm going to admit here now that I never played the first three Metal Gear Solid games. I watched others play parts of 1 and 2 and spoiled 3 via youtube leading up to the release of 4. So I might actually get something out of playing this. And while the shooting in 4 is better than previous games I stealthed through almost all of it. I'm not sad 1 isn't included in this because I don't think I could stomach those dialogues again but where's peace walker HD? :/

Jawmuncher

I'm going to admit here now that I never played the first three Metal Gear Solid games. I watched others play parts of 1 and 2 and spoiled 3 via youtube leading up to the release of 4. So I might actually get something out of playing this. And while the shooting in 4 is better than previous games I stealthed through almost all of it. I'm not sad 1 isn't included in this because I don't think I could stomach those dialogues again but where's peace walker? :/

I still quote MGS1 to this day.
Playing at a younger age so much of that dialog has been etched into my mind.
Which is one of the reasons Twin Snakes threw me off, since it changed the voice work.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Man, I don't want to buy another release but goddamnit if it won't make my Vita get more use

MSX games need more exposure. Those are still one of the more enjoyable games of today

I'm going to admit here now that I never played the first three Metal Gear Solid games. I watched others play parts of 1 and 2 and spoiled 3 via youtube leading up to the release of 4. So I might actually get something out of playing this. And while the shooting in 4 is better than previous games I stealthed through almost all of it. I'm not sad 1 isn't included in this because I don't think I could stomach those dialogues again but where's peace walker HD? :/
I don't want to drag this thread down a quagmire of localization wars in the series, but the first MGS' script and dialogue has actually aged far better than either of the games in this HD Edition set. As for Peace Walker HD's absence, perhaps KojiPro are content with letting people play the PSP version on Vita with the camera remapped to the right stick?

expensive week next week.
cant wait.

SERIOUSLY disappointed by the omission of Peacewalker. Id bet my balls,both of them, they omitted just to sell the HD separately at some point

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
No not yet. I thought it wouldn't be worth it without the CPP add on due to reading about the terrible controls. However I was a bit intrigued by reading on some of the improvements on the graphics, and crouching mechanic and ease with item management. However I suppose they did improve some things on the "HD" ports other than upscaling and better frame rates?
Well, the graphics improvements are incredibly minor in the grand scheme of things and are offset by massive downgrades in other areas. A couple of normal maps on Snake don't make up for the reduction in foliage and effects quality and a dramatic hit to performance.

Crouch walking is nice, but unfortunately the AI doesn't seem to have been tuned for it so it ultimately ends up making little difference in how the game plays.

Item management isn't really as simple as I would have liked either. They totally missed the boat with the touchscreen. They could have completely revamped the way you handle things by allowing you to make changes to camo, items, and food on the fly from the touch screen. Instead it still pauses the game and displays the Snake model on the top screen effectively functioning like the original. They didn't take the steps to improve it significantly.

It's really NOT a good version of the game.

Fixed1979

I had assumed this included the VR missions disappointed that I don't see them listed. Still grabbing this one, but it's too bad.

OmegaZero

Eh. It's a shame that this doesn't include the extra gameplay features that were present MGS:SE3D (not counting Photocamo).

Will be buying this day one anyway.

Meier

So it's just 2 and 3 and not all of the others from PSP like the console collection? That's kind of a bummer. I guess I'll just bite on the 360 version one of these days -- I always buy multi-plat on there and can't imagine why I would buy the handheld and console version.

KalBalboa

Banned
Man, I'd kill for one of those Buy One Get One 50% off sales or something next week. Gravity Rush is at the top of my list, but this collection would compliment my PS3 one so well...

Ken

I am so tempted to get this so I can have something to play on my 12 hour plane trip soon. Has anyone made any kind of Vita battery extender or whatever yet?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
So it's just 2 and 3 and not all of the others from PSP like the console collection? That's kind of a bummer. I guess I'll just bite on the 360 version one of these days -- I always buy multi-plat on there and can't imagine why I would buy the handheld and console version.

I think there is some idea that hand helds can travel and thus you can play anywhere.

Bukana

Awesome and simple OT,
Thanks.
Pre-ordered it along with Gravity Rush months ago, can't wait to see how it looks on the screen.

dc89

I have 4 copies of PS2 Snake Eater, all non-plat. HD collection on PS3.

Do I really need a 6th copy of this game?!
probably

Great OP, are thet both 60 fps?

After a little research I found this (second comment), it's from April and the only article I found where it says that MGS3 is 60fps.

http://www.pixeljumpers.com/2012/04...ands-on-snake-hits-the-small-screen-in-style/

7d37ec763735c87488175bd5e838307c36019f9e.png

-Winnie-

Peace Walker is old enough that they should've just included a voucher for a free copy of the PSN version with this. :/

JohngPR

The only thing wrong with the PW thing is that you can't transfar the PS3 version of Peace Walker with the download PSP version of Peace Walker on the Vita. :0\

I really hope they fix that...I'm actually surprised they haven't. I'm hoping that maybe they will when you can buy PW directly through the Vita store

Top Bottom