• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metallica Are "Beliebers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
At some point you start wondering if we would all be better off if they all went down the Steven Adler path.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Good for them.

I now picture James Hetfield having a Justin Bieber poster over his bed and Roberto Trujillo having a picture of Biebs on the back of his bass.

dejay

Banned
UwQzizR.jpg

Not surprising. Metallica hasn't commanded my respect since the Black Album, and even then my interest was on the wane. And of course Lars likes Bieber, because they're both total cunts.

Came in the thread expecting this picture. I'm content that it's in here.

rvy

Banned
At least we still have Mustaine. That's good. Or whatever. He's fucking consistent with the quality of his work at least. More or less.

God damn it.

Lars and alcohol-free James are killing this band.

At least we still have Mustaine. That's good. Or whatever. He's fucking consistent with the quality of his work at least. More or less.

I don't know man, Megadeth's last album was pretty bad, and I honestly don't think that Metallica admitting to liking a flash in the pan teen idol is 1/10th as embarrassing as the Santorum that Mustaine has been spewing recently.

ЯAW

Banned
How could you defend St. Anger? That album was terrible.

Also fuck modern day Metallica.

I almost feel sorry for modern day Metallica. Playing over decade old songs over and over again. Every time you try something new, people will still demand old songs... Then I remember they are making millions of dollars playing those old songs.

Zertez

Metallica loves money, if they can somehow tap into a new market of kids that buy their music bc of an association with Bieber, they will jump on it. If Bieber likes it, Im sure many of his fans will check them out if they havent heard of them yet. Biebers endorsement is sort of like Oprah's book of the month selling power. Metallica will do anything to make more money, no matter what it does to their image or if it upsets a portion of their fanbase. At this point I would be more surprised if they turned down money for anything, no matter what it does to their image or if pisses off long time fans. In many ways I dont blame them, it is tough to turn down money even small amounts, but they were already very well off before completely selling out to the highest bidder. They just wanted a lot more money or more than likely their wives wanted more, like Sharon pimping out Ozzy.

rvy

Banned
I don't know man, Megadeth's last album was pretty bad, and I honestly don't think that Metallica admitting to liking a flash in the pan teen idol is 1/10th as embarrassing as the Santorum that Mustaine has been spewing recently.

Alright, so he's a crazy republican that put out a terribad album. He still gave us Symphony. That's gotta cover a lot of his... dumb shit.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
ЯAW;88045251 said:
I almost feel sorry for modern day Metallica. Playing over decade old songs over and over again. Every time you try something new, people will still demand old songs... Then I remember they are making millions of dollars playing those old songs.

Death Magnetic was a great album. St Anger was a reeking pile of crap on a hot summer's day during a heatwave.

Magwik

Banned

God damn it.

Lars and alcohol-free James are killing this band.

But Mustaine is a huge prick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't really get how he's any more talented than the other male singers.
He doesn't have any range.
He doesn't write his own music.
He's talented for what he started off as, but he's not doing anything new or different. And he's not doing anything better than anyone else in his genre.

DiscoJer

Teen idols were pretty common in the 60s and 70s. Bieber really isn't anything new

Anyone else remember Bobby Sherman?

Famous for probably 10 years, then quit show biz to become a paramedic

He's talented for what he started off as, but he's not doing anything new or different. And he's not doing anything better than anyone else in his genre.

Singing is a talent.

wildfire

Banned
Band worship kind of died with the passing of 2000-2010.

Tired of hearing about bands like Metallica in particular. Lots of other mainstream/indie/somewhere in between bands of various stripes worked a hell of a lot harder and made music that was a hell of a lot better.

No it hasn't. You just got old and the lack of popular rock bands on public stations has masked that tendency.

Artemisia

Banned

I mean, I agree, but does any of that really matter?

wildfire

Banned

Oh lord. Then you aren't someone in tune with RnB music. It's hard to find a modern male singer who doesn't suck ass. I should be more specific. They have good vocals but the their songs are weaksauce.

Piccoro

I like it. [/unpopular opinion]
(and yes, I still listen to it)

I like it too! For me, St. anger was way underrated!

And everybody knows that musical tastes can't really be discussed, each person likes a different thing!

Some people like to listen modern-day Metallica,
Some people like to listen to old-days Metallica,
Some like both,
Some like Bieber!

There's nothing you can do but to deal with it!

Accoun

Spitting out consistently shitty albums regularly each 2 years isn't really good.

They'd be too busy wondering why they could never write an album as good as Countdown To Extinction

You could've at least choose Peace Sells... - Countdown To Extinction is just as overrated as Black Album and more or less on the same level.

Edwardo

I'll love Metallica to the day I die. It just kind of irked me when I saw them live in '09 that they would be putting out an album in the next year which never happened. There's a few songs by the biebs that I can listen to. I'm not a big fan of his or anything, but I do admire his success.

At least we still have Mustaine.

I've been to two Megadeth shows (brother is a huge fan and got me tickets too).

Him giving his stupid political speeches during a concert is hilarious. I nearly lost my shit both times but I was scared that the fans would bludgeon me if I did.

Oh, Metallica sucks. Lars is a jackass, Hetfield can't sing, Hammett needs to quit using the wah pedal all the damn time and Trujilo has zero identity aside from acting like a buffoon on stage. They should have stopped quarter of a century ago.

Explains their recent output. If only they called it quits after AJFA.

To be fair though, I think they just wanted to avoid shitting on someone they barely know.

Roland1979

Metallica was once relevant. Now they try to associate themselves with something "relevant", hoping the youths will starts listening to Metallica and create a new young army of fans. Surely things like this can only end well... driving away the handful of loyal fans left.

To be honest I would not care about Bieber, if it were not for those imbecile haters, who writes everywhere his name.

I did not know who Bieber was, until I read a youtube comment, where someone said it is better than Bieber or something like that..

Never could understand, why would anyone write something, about someone, who he does not like? It is so frickin pointless...

Stupid haters equal free advertisement.

Derrick01

Banned

Consistently terrible. If you exclude Endgame Megadeth hasn't put out a good album in around the same amount of time Metallica has (endgame really is amazing though). The only difference is the amount of albums the 2 have done in that span of time.

And super collider is as bad as st. anger.

JohnDoe

Banned
I mean, I agree, but does any of that really matter?

When you see music as a popularity contest instead of... music? I guess it doesn't.
But I guess you could call him the king of pop. I personally wouldn't want that title right now.
(I wouldn't mind the money that it brings though!)

I would never refer to myself as a Belieber even under torture, but I agree with what he is saying.

This was my main issue. Just that term. I get they don't want to shit on someone for no reason(okay they would have some reasons the kids a douche), but just that word. Ugh.

Consistently terrible. If you exclude Endgame Megadeth hasn't put out a good album in around the same amount of time Metallica has (endgame really is amazing though). The only difference is the amount of albums the 2 have done in that span of time.

And super collider is as bad as st. anger.

This is incorrect. Super Collider is leagues worse. At least Metallica had an excuse given what they where going thru at the time. Mustaine doesn't have an excuse at all. Its just shit.

Metallica was once relevant. Now they try to associate themselves with something "relevant"...

I think the question was posed to them, that's usually how interviews work.

These guys are full-blown adults now, and they answered the question accordingly. What do you guys want them to say, "Yeah, fuck that Beiber pussy, what a clown" like some angsty teenagers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom