• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metallica Are "Beliebers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I don't see a problem with what they're saying tbh.

Yeah, he's not going to go out and diss the kid publicly. He kept it subtle, it's clear he doesn't care about Bieber, so he side stepped the question. As much of a dickweed Lars is, this is really a non-issue. Hardly a story worth talking about.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That POS had what? 2 good songs in it? And I'm being generous here. You also need to get the Guitar Hero masters for it to sound any good.

The kind of person who wants to complain about the mastering issue is the kind of person that will never be pleased.

Still cool to hate Metallica, huh?

Thought that was a meme that would have died by now.

Its the most iconic metal band ever and of of, if not the most iconic rock band of that generation. Of course there are people who hate them irrationally. Its not any different than the nascent 70s and 80s punk scene that constantly complained about how much Led Zeppelin sucked.

Derrick01

Banned
So I guess their movie bombed.

Oh well, I had a good IMAX experience

Maybe they should have released it in normal theaters too. I wanted to see it but I'm not hunting down an IMAX (which I believe the closest to me is in freakin Tampa) just for that.

Accoun

Maybe they should have released it in normal theaters too. I wanted to see it but I'm not hunting down an IMAX (which I believe the closest to me is in freakin Tampa) just for that.

It's IMAX only? Maybe it's some kind of US deal, because I'm sure it was announced for normal cinemas here in Poland.

JesseZao

I think the question was posed to them, that's usually how interviews work.

These guys are full-blown adults now, and they answered the question accordingly. What do you guys want them to say, "Yeah, fuck that Beiber pussy, what a clown" like some angsty teenagers?

This. What else would they say? It's not like Metallica is a group of 20-somethings in a black metal group.

Durask

Bieber hate is so annoying - although nothing new, typical boy band hate.

To Bieber haters, do you hate Dora the Explorer, too?

Bieber hate is so annoying - although nothing new, typical boy band hate.

To Bieber haters, do you hate Dora the Explorer, too?

No because she doesn't spit on her fans, piss where she shouldn't, spit on random neighbors, recklessly speed down side-streets, doesn't get into fights with random people at bars and clubs then have her body guards fuck with them, and doesn't act like a spoiled brat.

I'm not doubting he has talent, but he really needs to not act like a dick.

Although he did give a random homeless person some money and does a lot of Make-A-Wish stuff so theres some brownie points.

-Eddman-

The only Metallica albums I dislike are Reload and St. Anger. Also, most beloved Thrash bands are actually the same fucking sound rehashed over and over and I think it was a good thing Metallica wanted to do their own thing.

I think Bieber is an inoffensive pop act with creepy fans. That's all.

Come at me, Internet.

Freehat

Banned
As art, in 20 years we will talk about Bieber like we talk about Elvis. 1D like the Beatles, they even beat their sales records.

Right, because everyone knows the defining characteristic of art is record sales.

I do not know if there is any help for you. Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read.

I didn't realize that hating on Beiber was still a thing anymore?

What is this? 2009?

Do I like his music?

No.

But I can respect that he makes music that people like, and I hope that I will be able to do the same one day.

daw840

Metallica is comically bad band.

What the?!? What the hell is this? I'll give you everything since Reload (IMHO, the point could be made since the Black Album) has been underwhelming, the main body of work from them has been phenomenal. The symphony album was a fucking masterpiece.

Manu

The only Metallica albums I dislike are Reload and St. Anger. Also, most beloved Thrash bands are actually the same fucking sound rehashed over and over and I think it was a good thing Metallica wanted to do their own thing.

I think Bieber is an inoffensive pop act with creepy fans. That's all.

Come at me, Internet.

I agree with everything in this post.

Grinchy

Banned
Death Magnetic was a great album. St Anger was a reeking pile of crap on a hot summer's day during a heatwave.

I like Death Magnetic a lot. I actually just listened to it again like a week ago. It's a great album. People who don't like it just suck.

Jacob

I became aware of the "everything Metallica did after Kill Em All and/or Ride the Lightning is shit" meme thanks to GAF maybe a year ago, but the whole "Metallica has always been shit" thing is new to me. Both are utterly baffling statements to make even if you're not a fan of the band.

HarlockJC

Banned
I am betting they have never listen to Bieber music. Just being kind after he said that he liked their music.

On a side note there is still good Metallica CD after Black. Reload and Death Magnetic are really good CD to listen to. Even songs from Load like Until it Sleeps is really good.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Beiber should record and reimagine the Master of Puppets and Ride the Lighting albums with Metallica. It will usher in a new era of metal believers.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Metallica still does things?

I fell asleep to that "Gimme Fuel gimme fire.." song like a million years ago at 1:00 in the morning and realized I'd never give a fuck about anything they ever did again. Especially after Lars become a joke to most of the world.

You ever feel like they are the group at the party where the only dude with the car (Lars) won't stop following the rest around after they get there and everyone is like
"Hell yea it's great to be here... uhmm... yah sorry he like... followed us in."
"WHAT FUCKING SONG IS THAT DID YOU BUY THAT CD??!!!"

.... at least that's what it looks like in my head.

Regiruler

I'll need to show this to my friend tomorrow. I wonder what his reaction will be.

I dislike both anyway (not a fan of thrash as I prefer power and biedoof can go suck it), so nothing of value was lost.

Right, because everyone knows the defining characteristic of art is record sales.

I do not know if there is any help for you. Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Frantic tick tick tick tick tick tock

My lifestyle determines my deathstyle

#art

#art

I didn't outright hate St. Anger, but I personally didn't think it was a very good album. But I can't deny it, I absolutely laughed my ass off at this song. Unintentionally hilarious.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Metallica have been super shit from around the exact second of napster and/or st anger. It's not a surprise that they are all over justin biebers nuts.

Age gracefully, they did not.

Trouble

Banned
Isn't it just terrible how Metallica broke up after ...And Justice for All and never put out any music after that? Right? Guys?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Metallica have been super shit from around the exact second of napster and/or st anger. It's not a surprise that they are all over justin biebers nuts.

Age gracefully, they did not.

Load/Reload were the downfall. Black still had some faint resemblance of Metallica. But Load/Reload?

Holy shit, awful.

Although Outlaw Torn and Four Leaf Clover (S&M) were amazing songs, admittedly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I didn't outright hate St. Anger, but I personally didn't think it was a very good album. But I can't deny it, I absolutely laughed my ass off at this song. Unintentionally hilarious.

Invisible kid
Never see what he did
got stuck where he hid
Fallen through the grid
Invisible kid
Got a place of his own
Where he'll never be known
Inward he's grown
Invisible kid
Never see what he did
got stuck where he hid
Fallen through the grid
Invisible kid
Got a place of his own
Where he'll never be known
Inward he's grown

Invisible kid
Locked away in his brain
From the shame and the pain
World down the drain
Invisible kid
Suspious of your touch
Don't want no crutch
But it's all too much
Invisible kid
Locked away in his brain
From the shame and the pain
World down the drain
Invisible kid
Suspious of your touch
Don't want no crutch
But it's all too much, yeah

//

For the record, whatever anyone's favorite band is stopped making good music in their 40s too.

daw840

I can't believe how much I used to like Metallica.

I still listen to their old stuff, but man.

Lol...I actually got a Metallica Scary Guy tattoo the day I turned 18. The only tattoo I have....

For reference

metallica_scary_guy_decal__57301.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom