• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date

Daante

Im not really a FPS dude , but i can really see myself playing this once its out.

The developer has also said that it plays very good with the 360 gamepad for PC (yay my htpc / gaming rig is ready)

I believe this on PC maxed out will be one of the best looking games to date.

TJP

Finished both the Xbox 360 (100% completion) and PC versions of Metro 2033 and then bought the book. Suffice to say I've had the PC version of Last Light pre-ordered for some time and cannot wait.

Bought this on GMG on Sunday for $35. I am very excited. Love this series. Hoping the 680 lets me push quite a bit of graphical huzzah with a good framerate.

any good pre order deals?

Metro-Last-Light-PC-Games-14890076-5.jpeg

A torch! Now you can play in the dark!

I had to stop with the first one because the developers decided to put me in an area with about 50 bullets in my mag and 5-6 mutants running around and attacking me randomly.

There was no way I could manage to do this. No way. I love hard parts, but at least give me a chance to survive where I have enough bullets for each individual monster.

This was at the part where a door was closed shut and you were with a small team. Mutants could come out from the tunnels left and right, and you had to keep going forward and get some sort of item.

Quad Q6600, 8GB ram, and a 560ti 2GB ram edition. If i can run it on high settings, ill be delighted. Can run 2033 on high no problem, even on very high, but a few sections made it drop to like 25fps on very high, versus 60fps on high.
If they actually allow you to turn on individual graphics options instead of jsut low/med/high/v high presets this time, itll be easier to get a good performance-pretty ratio

Not sure if I should finish 2033 before this comes out. Regardless, I'll probably still pick this up on PC come launch since the past few weeks have been pretty empty for big releases.

This is a direct sequel to 2033, but follows a new main character, correct?

Hypron

I find the comments about 2033's difficulty a bit hard to relate to. I've only played the game on Ranger Hardcore (I'm half way through my second play through), and I never found the game particularly hard. I mean, I die a bit but nothing out of the usual compared to other fps's on their maximum difficulty. There are a couple of hard encounters where you need to be careful about what you are doing, but overall I'm breezing through the game. Enemies go down really quickly.

I also like the fact that at the beginning of the game you don't have much ammo, it forces you to be cautious and progress methodically if you don't want to run out of ammo.

Since the Deep Silver PR guy is here, is it possible you could make the Metro 2033 novel available once the preload starts? Will have something to hype me up more before the game actually comes out :)

Riggs

Banned
What difficulty should I play 2033 on? I always end up quitting in the library level because the beasts take like 8 million bullets. I run out of ammo and just quit.

codhand

What difficulty should I play 2033 on? I always end up quitting in the library level because the beasts take like 8 million bullets. I run out of ammo and just quit.

same thing happened to me, i tried at three separate points in time to play on hard, could never get it, finally played on easy, best decision i could have made, if i want i can go back to a harder difficulty, but even the devs seemed to recognize the issue.

Riggs

Banned
same thing happened to me, i tried at three separate points in time to play on hard, could never get it, finally played on easy, best decision i could have made, if i want i can go back to a harder difficulty, but even the devs seemed to recognize the issue.

I thought enemies actually took more bullets on easy?

codhand

maybe, all i know is i had a lot more fun just enjoying the atmosphere and story on easy, and as a bonus i was able to actually finish the damn thing, im no fps slouch, been playing since apogee wolfenstein, but ranger mode...fuck dot. props to anyone who can beat on those modes, just wasnt for me.

i really hope it has better balanced stealth as advertised, so that i can try a more challenging difficulty with out feeling artificially constrained via eurojank

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So......THQ was the original publisher right?

I may just be missing it in the OP, but who is publishing the game now that THQ is gone?
I updated the OP with the publisher information (Deep Silver).

Hints for how to deal with the Library:
Librarians are either meant to be avoided (staring down), or you can kill them with throwing knives. Throw five throwing knives into their face, and they go down. Just make sure to retrieve the knives afterwards!

Yup. In Ranger Hardcore, both you and your enemies take fewer bullets to kill. It's an interesting tradeoff.

Riggs

Banned
Thanks guys, how much bullets do those beasts take in ranger hardcore. That's my main problem. They would just take all my ammo up, couldn't get past them. I really really want to finish this game before I play last light!

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the steam pre load starts soon

Do Steam preloads still only install to the directory Steam is installed, or have they finally updated it to where you can select which hard drive you want the game preloaded? I had this problem with Bioshock Infinite, which prevented me from preloading it.

Could someone answer this? I was wondering about it, too...

Deep Silver currently has no plans to publish their IPs on the Wii U.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent thread, En Ex! Is that first quote from the book?

The devs said a PS4 version is coming (with the original 2033 included) so they will definitely have my $60 when that drops.
This, Killzone & Wolfenstein is a good bleak FPS introduction to the next-generation

That was misinterpreted. A PS4 version is no sure thing.

I don't think it was misinterpreted. It was more like "lets not kill our current gen sales by announcing next-gen versions".

It's probably in the works, and who know, we might hear something at E3 or Gamescon.

Bi50N

Ok, a few answers below...

First though, if you've not seen this it's worth a look. One of the areas we first showed in our E3 2011 demo, tackled three different ways.

Full on shooter, silent assassin, and ghost... It's not story spoilery but... you may want to avoid if you're sure :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/h17x8i/metro--last-light-alternate-approaches-walkthrough

Some things to note -

It's me playing, but Jeremy (our Deep Silver PR) doing the commentary. We recorded the gameplay here in London and passed the footage over to GT.

Playing on PC, with a controller (my preference). Captured on a GTX 590 in 1080p (same rig we've used for almost all trailer footage btw).

Answers:

That award for the amoeba section? Guility received. We know. There is nothing like that in Last Light. We learned a lot of lessons...

Ranger Hardcore? Actually, enemies take less bullets. But so do you. It's not so much that it's harder, it's just different. We really recommend saving Ranger Mode for your second playthrough...

Metro 2033 novel unlock once pre-load starts - I've asked our Steam relations guy to check. Seems like a good idea, if we can we will try...

Artyom's voice actor - it's a new guy. You can hear his voice in the Genesis trailer from the OP

Global review embargo - 09.00 PST / 12.00 EST / 17.00 BST / 18.00 EST on Monday 13th. No exclusives. Some print mags carrying reviews might reach subscribers before that time

PS4 version / Multiplayer expansion - we have no idea when, or even if, these will happen. We want to do them, but commercial reality may dictate otherwise. The studio doesn't have PS4 dev kits yet...

Our original statement on the topic here: http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/26/metro-last-light-getting-ps4-port-dlc-pass-separate-multiplayer-game-report/

That award for the amoeba section? Guility received. We know. There is nothing like that in Last Light. We learned a lot of lessons...

Ranger Hardcore? Actually, enemies take less bullets. But so do you. It's not so much that it's harder, it's just different. We really recommend saving Ranger Mode for your second playthrough...

Metro 2033 novel unlock once pre-load starts - I've asked our Steam relations guy to check. Seems like a good idea, if we can we will try...

Artyom's voice actor - it's a new guy. You can hear his voice in the Genesis trailer from the OP

All good stuff :D I like that Ranger mode isn't just a number switching mode where everything is over hard and just cheap. And yeah I had always assumed even you guys knew the Amoeba section was just badly implemented.

Glad Artyom has a new voice actor too, not for consistency sake , but I think in Metro 2033 he was lacking slightly. Does that mean we will hear him talk a lot more or just his monologues like always?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent thread, En Ex! Is that first quote from the book?
It's one of Artyom's between-mission journal quotes from 2033.

Ok, a few answers below...

First though, if you've not seen this it's worth a look. One of the areas we first showed in our E3 2011 demo, tackled three different ways.

Full on shooter, silent assassin, and ghost... It's not story spoilery but... you may want to avoid if you're sure :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/h17x8i/metro--last-light-alternate-approaches-walkthrough

Some things to note -

It's me playing, but Jeremy (our Deep Silver PR) doing the commentary. We recorded the gameplay here in London and passed the footage over to GT.

Playing on PC, with a controller (my preference). Captured on a GTX 590 in 1080p (same rig we've used for almost all trailer footage btw).

Answers:

Global review embargo - 09.00 PST / 12.00 EST / 17.00 BST / 18.00 EST on Monday 13th. No exclusives. Some print mags carrying reviews might reach subscribers before that time

PS4 version / Multiplayer expansion - we have no idea when, or even if, these will happen. We want to do them, but commercial reality may dictate otherwise. The studio doesn't have PS4 dev kits yet...

Our original statement on the topic here: http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/26/metro-last-light-getting-ps4-port-dlc-pass-separate-multiplayer-game-report/

Thanks for the information. I think it's really cool that the original Metro 2033 novel is one of the preorder items.

cripterion

All of this sounding really good! I'm still fighting to get my code from shady online retailer that partnered up with Nvidia, but I'm pretty sure I'll get the game regardless.

I'm such a sucker for immersive hands and masks in video games. If the PS3 version is any good I might bite on that, otherwise PC.

I'm finally playing through Metro 2033. It's been sitting in my Steam library for a couple of years and now that I can max it out and get 40-60fps I'm playing it through. Only a couple hours in and really enjoying it.

Very excited for Last Light, my PC is ready.

Top Bottom