• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date

haikira

How are the console versions guys? don't know whether I should pick it for 360 or ps3. opinions?

Face-Off: Metro: Last Light

The PS3's superior performance tips the scales comfortably in the other direction though; where Microsoft's format can churn out 20FPS to a chaotic scene, Sony's hardware delivers a much smoother response for its 5FPS lead in most situations. After many hours playing through each version, we'd happily continue our subterranean quest on PC if given the choice - which save for one stuttering section is otherwise well optimised. However, the PS3 version of Metro: Last Light takes a well-deserved second spot in the running. Given that this is 4A Games' first fully committed release on the console, this puts the studio in very good stead for future multi-platform projects.

Seems like the PS3 is the way to go.

Varth

Very boring game.

Thought the same at the beginning, but I'm at the 3rd playtrought (ranger hardcore), and I had to eat crow at the second one, when I stopped playing it in one way only due to trophies and started mixing it up with knives and lethal force.

Game really grew on me. Just wish they'd balance the game between stealth and gunplay better and payed attention to not-so-small things like being unable to actually know how much ammo and air you have in hardcore. Should have put something along the "bring up the diary" function for the guns where you can see inside the ammo/filters pouch and have some minimal visual confirmation of your stock.

Also, scratch one more for #teambadendingisthegoodone.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Not sure which one I like more so far - the first game or this one. Better stealth, better graphics, more varied design is plus but abundance of ammo kills gameplay a bit. I didn't want to start with ranger mode because I need HUD for my first playthrough so there is that.

I wish the game was more open.

legacyzero

Banned
Man I beat LL and I'm pissed.......because the shit was a blast every second omg will 4A make another Metro? How about a prequel or something, I need more Metro goddamnit!!! I guess it might be good to let LL be the last so it doesn't become like Resident Evil.
I would love to see a Metro game from them that opens up the Metro, and the world above, and gives the game a more MetroidVania type gameplay. It would be PERFECT.

FACE

Banned
Not sure which one I like more so far - the first game or this one. Better stealth, better graphics, more varied design is plus but abundance of ammo kills gameplay a bit. I didn't want to start with ranger mode because I need HUD for my first playthrough so there is that.

I wish the game was more open.

I think Ranger Normal doesn't disable the HUD.

subversus

Just had the first really tense moment in the game.
Catacombs. Ran out of ammo on final boss, had to kill it with mines. Catacombs were pretty tense in general.
I really like how 4A do monster AI. All monsters have dinstinct behaviour which makes sense for them.
The best are Librarians.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I really would be enjoying this game a lot more if the boss fights were not a huge bullet wasting sponge. :/

Since all the other critters and humanoids are not that bad, but when it comes to the boss fights. Dear god.

Its why I really liked stalker, there wasnt bullshit like that for the most part. Too bad too considering how this game really nails the atmosphere and the setting is great. Made me want to read the book on top of that.

subversus

Devs were against boss fights in the first game. They weren't on the same page with the publisher on that matter. Guess THQ won when they agreed to finance the second game.

Frankly speaking it's a miracle that the sequel was greenlit. It was cheap in development though so it wasn't that risky (I think).

Parakeetman

Devs were against boss fights in the first game. They weren't on the same page with the publisher on that matter. Guess THQ won when they agreed to finance the second game.

Frankly speaking it's a miracle that the sequel was greenlit. It was cheap in development though so it wasn't that risky (I think).

Seriously all the boss fights do is ruin the experience. Reminds me of the shitty boss fights in gears of war for example. Esp the one which resembles the berserker fight from gears... am sure those who have played last light know which fight am talking about.

The game really doesnt need boss fights to be cool. Since once you start throwing bullet sponges into the game all it shows is lack of originality / poor game design.

By far once again the weakest element about the game is the idiotic boss fights.

KorrZ

Seriously all the boss fights do is ruin the experience. Reminds me of the shitty boss fights in gears of war for example. Esp the one which resembles the berserker fight from gears... am sure those who have played last light know which fight am talking about.

The game really doesnt need boss fights to be cool. Since once you start throwing bullet sponges into the game all it shows is lack of originality / poor game design.

By far once again the weakest element about the game is the idiotic boss fights.

I didn't mind the bosses, that particular fight was actually tense for me because I completely ran out of ammo. I tried knifing him to death (because I didn't want to waste my $$ bullets) but after about 10 stabs I said fuck it and burned a clip of military grade to kill him.

Just finished the game.

Ending spoilers:
I'm kinda annoyed that I got the bad ending. I tried to get as many positive points as I could and I refrained from killing people, but apparently it wasn't good enough. The good ending seems much more fitting than the bad one. I assumed the whole time that the little dark one was going to bring his people to save the Metro, but Artyom blowing D6 up left me feeling disappointed. Probably going to do another playthrough in the future to get the proper conclusion.

Game was great, though. Much better than the first in pretty much every way.

My first time playing last night in my dark room. Not a scary game but I lit up some cobwebs and a spider crawled across my visor - freaked me out man.

AllenShrz

Just finished the game.

Ending spoilers:
I'm kinda annoyed that I got the bad ending. I tried to get as many positive points as I could and I refrained from killing people, but apparently it wasn't good enough. The good ending seems much more fitting than the bad one. I assumed the whole time that the little dark one was going to bring his people to save the Metro, but Artyom blowing D6 up left me feeling disappointed. Probably going to do another playthrough in the future to get the proper conclusion.

Game was great, though. Much better than the first in pretty much every way.

Wait what?! I was not aware that there are multiple endings!!

Now the ending that I got makes more sense.

Ok now I get what all the reviews were talking about, there is just random nudity in this game. Nudity isn't a problem with me at all but I did notice that it did happen a lot in this game. I'm only I'm guessing halfway through the game and most of these scenes I'm seeing are random as heck lol.

This doesn't effect the game one bit because i'm having an awesome time with it so far. This game is truly better then Metro 2033, especially the stealth. I'm on normal difficulty and don't use stealth (instead I just storm in and kill everyone in the area) but at times when I did use it worked out great. It's just something I noticed while playing the game.

If anyone's curious where I'm at on the game I'm at the middle of the story at the part
where you just save your partner. Not sure what happens after that, but I just remember saving the girl waking up in the hospital, and stopping from playing because I was getting tired.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
They weren't bad! Especially the behemoth in the catacombs. that was pretty awesome.

The boss fight design wasn't awful, the number of bullets required to kill them was though. The ramp up of items required to kill them compared to a regular enemy on Ranger Hardcore made it feel like they hadn't playtested those sections at all for it.

Parakeetman

One thing appreciated about the games design is the fact the humanoid enemies stagger when shot. Its something missing from a lot of games in general.

Sethos

Banned
The consensus seems to be its better on a second playthrough. Knowing how much ammo you have seems to be a big issue with that mode. I haven't tried it myself though.

And the fact that they have also hidden their QTEs and "Press button for something to happen" events, meaning the first time around you will be slapping all your buttons whenever a sequence happens just in case it's a button-press sequence.

G-Unit

Ok now I get what all the reviews were talking about, there is just random nudity in this game. Nudity isn't a problem with me at all but I did notice that it did happen a lot in this game. I'm only I'm guessing halfway through the game and most of these scenes I'm seeing are random as heck lol.

This doesn't effect the game one bit because i'm having an awesome time with it so far. This game is truly better then Metro 2033, especially the stealth. I'm on normal difficulty and don't use stealth (instead I just storm in and kill everyone in the area) but at times when I did use it worked out great. It's just something I noticed while playing the game.

If anyone's curious where I'm at on the game I'm at the middle of the story at the part
where you just save your partner. Not sure what happens after that, but I just remember saving the girl waking up in the hospital, and stopping from playing because I was getting tired.

huh? I just remember 2 moments where there was nudity

Ricker

Ran out of ammo at the
Rhino fight in the Catacombs
but managed to do it just in time...the little extra fight after almost killed me,thank god for once for a on rails cutscene lol...the whole ammo thing is still a little confusing to me,meaning I am not sure which type is which and what I am currently using...

legacyzero

Banned
We can shoot/stab a thousand dudes in games with no problem but as soon as there are some naked breasts, it's like the end of the world. ;)

That shit annoys me to no end when people complain about that shit. Another one is when people complain about foul language in M rated games. Shit is fucking STUPID.

Doomshine

The consensus seems to be its better on a second playthrough. Knowing how much ammo you have seems to be a big issue with that mode. I haven't tried it myself though.

Wait, so there's nothing like Ranger mode - easy (I think that's what I picked in the first game) in this game?

d00d3n

A quick question regarding the marshes:
Any point in killing the tough and scary insect things? Are there infinite spawns of new ones?

scitek

Deep Silver today announced that Metro: Last Light has enjoyed a stunning first week of sales, significantly outselling its predecessor Metro 2033 over the same launch period, and earning stellar reviews from the gaming media on all three platforms.

• On Windows® PC, the game more than tripled Metro 2033′s worldwide sales over the same opening week period

• In the US, Metro: Last Light sold through more boxed units in its first week of sale than Metro 2033 has managed lifetime to date

• Across all formats worldwide, Metro: Last Light has sold more units in its first week of sale than Metro 2033 managed in 3 months

• Metro: Last Light has shot to #1 in the weekly charts in multiple European territories including Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, and also in the UK, where publisher Deep Silver recorded their fourth straight week at number 1

http://terminalgamer.com/2013/05/31...and-early-sales-success-for-metro-last-light/

scitek

Now Deep Silver needs to be smart. They clearly have a game that appeals to people, and the "sold X times more than Y" statements look great on press releases, but hopefully they try to simply replicate this success with Metro 3, not times the budget by 5 and expect 5 times the sales. Let 4A do their thing, and just stay out of their way.

Top Bottom