• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date

Hypron

Ugh, I'm so annoyed right now. I pre-ordered the game in January on Zavvi, and today I get an email saying my order has been cancelled. Which means I won't get the limited edition >.>

I've been playing this since it was released but i got bored quickly. I mean caves, metro tunnels, too tight areas and also stealth feels unnatural in some ways. But curious about one thing, is the rest of the game are all in small areas like tunnels or will we get to travel on foot on open areas? (not underground). Also btw, i finished the rail car mission lastly. Will i get some ''fresh'' air?

Lingitiz

This game is pretty awesome so far. Just finished the
rail car
part. I'm not a huge fan of the scenes where control is taken away, but the atmosphere and story are so good that I don't mind. The spider areas are really terrifying.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing this since it was released but i got bored quickly. I mean caves, metro tunnels, too tight areas and also stealth feels unnatural in some ways. But curious about one thing, is the rest of the game are all in small areas like tunnels or will we get to travel on foot on open areas? (not underground). Also btw, i finished the rail car mission lastly. Will i get some ''fresh'' air?

There are surface levels.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finished. Will do a video review. Overall I liked it. At its best it's really, really good. At its worst it's not so good, and succumbs to similar problems that 2033 had. Over scripting, forced arena/defence fights against monsters, and sadly average translation would be my three main criticisms.

For most part I felt the game was just on the edge of real greatness, as a complete product. They addressed a lot of criticisms I had with 2033 and the flow of the game was really well down. Surprisingly, given the team's horrific development environment and relatively low budget, they managed to take you across a really incredible variety of locations and set pieces. Reminded me a lot of Half-Life 2 in that respect, and it's how I like my shooters.

Stupid incredible graphics, too.

Finished. Will do a video review. Overall I liked it. At its best it's really, really good. At its worst it's not so good, and succumbs to similar problems that 2033 had. Over scripting, forced arena/defence fights against monsters, and sadly average translation would be my three main criticisms.

For most part I felt the game was just on the edge of real greatness, as a complete product. They addressed a lot of criticisms I had with 2033 and the flow of the game was really well down. Surprisingly, given the team's horrific development environment and relatively low budget, they managed to take you across a really incredible variety of locations and set pieces. Reminded me a lot of Half-Life 2 in that respect, and it's how I like my shooters.

what did you.think of crysis 3? just wondering

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
what did you.think of crysis 3? just wondering

Mostly very boring. It had a handful of good segments, but by large was just extremely dull and misdirected. Essentially Crysis 2's interior combat (which I liked) stretched over larger levels, like trying to find some inbetween of Crysis 2 and Crysis formulas. It looked insane, except for the so-so art, but the actual play was totally forgettable.

what score would you give it? 8/10?

You guys do video reviews? Rocket Chainsaw, isn't it?

EatChildren

You guys do video reviews? Rocket Chainsaw, isn't it?

Once every blue moon, and they all involve me...who cannot audio edit for the life of me. Incredibly amateur, as we don't have a console capture device, thus relying on PC. And I'm one of the only staff who bothers to do PC stuff.

Our YouTube channel is here. Only reviews that are not exclusively me are Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3, where I co-review with someone else.

Mostly very boring. It had a handful of good segments, but by large was just extremely dull and misdirected. Essentially Crysis 2's interior combat (which I liked) stretched over larger levels, like trying to find some inbetween of Crysis 2 and Crysis formulas. It looked insane, except for the so-so art, but the actual play was totally forgettable.
ya i agree with you. good post

Once every blue moon, and they all involve me...who cannot audio edit for the life of me. Incredibly amateur, as we don't have a console capture device, thus relying on PC. And I'm one of the only staff who bothers to do PC stuff.

Our YouTube channel is here. Only reviews that are not exclusively me are Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3, where I co-review with someone else.

Cool stuff! Who needs audio editing when you've got a such a great voice? :D Subscribed.

Just got through the Swamp, and am still in love. The game runs well in 1080 with 4x filtering and high settings. And I'm rocking a GTX 460 w/ 768. I upped the settings for a short bit and saw a MASSIVE framerate drop, so decided to stick with something that wouldn't deter play.

That said, a new card/power source is getting added to my wishlist for year end. All the other bases are covered in my rig, so I look forward to replaying at super high settings later on.

That you talking? Didn't know you were British :D Nice job

Also I am in love with this game. Dat Swamp level :eek:

Bi50N

Stolen from the dedicated thread. Nothing else I can add at this point, other than to say the Plus discount is pretty cool!

Deep Silver reveals DLC plans and confirms Season Pass for Metro: Last Light

Deep Silver today announced that 4A Games will be supporting the critically acclaimed Metro: Last Light with a series of original single player content packs throughout the summer.

• The ‘Faction Pack’ and the ‘Chronicles Pack’ will include new, original single player gameplay that expands on the Metro: Last Light universe and story

• The ‘Tower Pack’ will present a unique solo challenge to Metro veterans

• Meanwhile, the ‘Developer Pack’ will give creative players some interesting tools with which to explore the world of Metro…

“Artyom’s story may have been concluded in Metro: Last Light, but there are other characters with stories to tell, some familiar locations that fans of the Metro series wanted to revisit, and some new challenges that 4A wanted to explore,” said Andrew Prokhorov, Creative Director at 4A Games. “Since completing the game we have been working on these new stories and hope to release them throughout the summer.”

The Metro: Last Light Season pass is available to download now from Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and Steam for $14.99 / £11.99 / €14.99 or 1200 MSP now.

The first chapter will be the ‘Faction Pack’, set for release in June 2013.

Metro fans can pre-purchase all future DLC at a discount with the Season Pass, now available on Steam, Xbox Live Marketplace for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation Network. The Season Pass also grants an additional weapon, the deadly Abzats, a semi-automatic shotgun rifle with a devastating secondary fire mode that unleashes six shells in one blast.

PlayStation Plus subscribers are entitled to an additional 25% discount on the Season Pass between May 21st and June 4th in the US and May 22nd and June 5th In Europe and the rest of the world.

Metro: Last Light is available now for PlayStation 3, the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC and has been critically acclaimed by the gaming media

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I believe one of the DLC locations is going to be the Great Library, isn't it?

Is the Abzats going to be available in the main game?

Gah...the Nosali are the worst to fight.

In small numbers they're not too bad, but I've reached the section after
the church explosion, where Artyom is basically in their underground base of mutant operations. Their attack looks fucking ridiculous, and is often so sporadic that I end up wasting a bunch of ammo shooting them. Now I'm stuck at a boss fight with some kind of Nosalis king and he's more manageable, but still somewhat annoying. I actually ran out of ammo against him and after using his attack to bring down the first section of the fight, then the second, I'm now stuck in the room with everything knocked down except the floor which is clearly cracking. Even when he hits it with his fits it doesn't budge.

What do I do? :( I was having a lot of fun up until that Nosalis cave stuff...

xenist

the church explosion, where Artyom is basically in their underground base of mutant operations. Their attack looks fucking ridiculous, and is often so sporadic that I end up wasting a bunch of ammo shooting them. Now I'm stuck at a boss fight with some kind of Nosalis king and he's more manageable, but still somewhat annoying. I actually ran out of ammo against him and after using his attack to bring down the first section of the fight, then the second, I'm now stuck in the room with everything knocked down except the floor which is clearly cracking. Even when he hits it with his fits it doesn't budge.

I kept dodging it until he destroyed everything else. Then I put my back to the outer wall and made it crash into it a bunch of times. It must have weakened it because I killed it with my last two rounds.

Roki6

Banned

Use your knives to stealth kill them while they are eating. They are also very vulnerable to fire so use your incendiary grenades. My favorite way is to throw one on the ground in front of me and lure them to charge me.

For the boss fight... if you can spare military grade ammo it will a short fight.

Thanks guys, I managed to reload my save and since I was out of ammo the entire boss fight, I just kept sweeping around him, knifing him in the back. Somehow it worked lol.

The section after the boss is really well done. Graphically stunning too.

Jharp

Few things that may have already been mentioned, so I apologize if so:

All apply to Ranger Hardcore

1. Is there a way to check ammo count? You could could do it in 2033, but it doesn't seem so here.

2. Are there ammo types beyond dirty ammo and pre-war ammo? I seem to have somehow achieved incendiary ammo, but due to a lack of any UI whatsoever, I have no indication.

3. Is there ANY way, whatsoever, to get the inventory stuff to show up on-screen when it's pertinent? I find it unbelievable that they won't let me know what goddamn throwables I have selected.

4. Is this significant at all?
FEB2D33CB9EDC078818CC62E8C9D8AA1940A8FB1

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the Librarians appear in the DLC.
The Great Library is listed as one of the DLC missions.

Few things that may have already been mentioned, so I apologize if so:

All apply to Ranger Hardcore

1. Is there a way to check ammo count? You could could do it in 2033, but it doesn't seem so here.

2. Are there ammo types beyond dirty ammo and pre-war ammo? I seem to have somehow achieved incendiary ammo, but due to a lack of any UI whatsoever, I have no indication.

3. Is there ANY way, whatsoever, to get the inventory stuff to show up on-screen when it's pertinent? I find it unbelievable that they won't let me know what goddamn throwables I have selected.

4. Is this significant at all?

1. Not that I've found.
2. I think the MG rounds set enemies on fire. For standard rounds, there are no other ammo types that I'm aware of.
3. Nope. 2033 did this correctly, Last Light did not.
4. That's adorable.

Jharp

The Great Library is listed as one of the DLC missions.

1. Not that I've found.
2. I think the MG rounds set enemies on fire. For standard rounds, there are no other ammo types that I'm aware of.
3. Nope. 2033 did this correctly, Last Light did not.
4. That's adorable.

Bummer they actually left out stuff like that for Ranger Hardcore when games like Condemned let you look at the actual mag to measure rounds. Do you lose the rounds left in a mag if you reload without spending all of them? I know in 2033 that wasn't the case, but not sure here, and since I have no way of measuring the ammo counts, it's impossible to tell...

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Bummer they actually left out stuff like that for Ranger Hardcore when games like Condemned let you look at the actual mag to measure rounds. Do you lose the rounds left in a mag if you reload without spending all of them? I know in 2033 that wasn't the case, but not sure here, and since I have no way of measuring the ammo counts, it's impossible to tell...

You can see how much ammo is left just through a visual check in certain guns, like the Bastard. Others, not so much.

As far as I know, you do NOT lose the rounds in a mag when reloading without spending them all.

Jharp

You can see how much ammo is left just through a visual check in certain guns, like the Bastard. Others, not so much.

As far as I know, you do NOT lose the rounds in a mag when reloading without spending them all.

Thanks, sir. I just got to the
controlled tram
, which is the first time I've actually spent a significant amount of ammo in a while, since everything up till then has largely been stealth.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is anyone here comfy couching the PC SKU with a 360 controller?

Do any of you notice that the camera/look stick is all wonky in this game? It turns just fine left or right, but up and down are a bit slower. The worst is when you try to look down-left, down-right, or pretty much in any diagonal direction. The camera suddenly starts moving at about 1/8th of it's normal speed.

I've noticed this in a few games, but this one has by far the worst case of it. Has anyone found a solution for this?

I ran into a crazy glitch. I was at the part in a (mid game spoiler)
burning warehouse-looking area and the Reds were killing everyone
. All the AI became completely blind to me and I was able to walk past everyone, but if I killed them the game would freeze.

I got to the next checkpoint/cutscene so I'm hoping everything is fine now. Funny thing is I gave up on that part the other night because I was having such a tough time with it, but this time I literally just walked through lol.

Gosh this game has become weirdly unstable on the PC for me in the last couple days. I'm now unable to bring up the menu when I hit escape in game and now if I alt+tab out the game crashes. Neither of things were problems the other day.

Leucrota

Played on 360.

Graphics are very good. From such a small studio (I believe ported by Deep Silver who aren't exactly tech geniuses), I am wondering just how much juice the current gen has. I think more than most people think.

Was real fun to play. The story is great. The atmosphere is captured well by the environment.

This is one of the few games I feel the itch to go back and play on a harder difficulty, the last one being Mass Effect.

KorrZ

Played it, and finally just finished it... Great game. I think overall it's a better game than 2033, even if I enjoyed some parts of that game more. I really hope it sells well, 4A is a great studio, they deserve it.

AndyCH

Banned
just beat the game and the "bad" ending is a lot better than the "good" ending hahah. I watched the good ending on youtube and was glad I managed to get the bad one somehow. it felt...right.

not sure if thats a spoiler but...tagged just in case

If I had to guess, it would be either commentary mode, an SDK, or both.
That's what I thought but then there was this bit:

'Metro fans can pre-purchase all future DLC at a discount with the Season Pass, now available on Steam, Xbox Live Marketplace for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation Network'

Makes it seem like something that will also be on consoles. Maybe some kind of basic level/scenario editor?

Top Bottom