• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Any word on if Other M will have multiple difficulty levels? I'm kinda hoping it does so I can justify a 2nd playthrough by cranking it up for extra challenge.

Oh and by the way, I'm playing Super Metroid for what's pretty much the first time and it's awesome. I got hooked on it. Woohoo

Boney

Banned
Snuggler said:
Any word on if Other M will have multiple difficulty levels? I'm kinda hoping it does so I can justify a 2nd playthrough by cranking it up for extra challenge.

Oh and by the way, I'm playing Super Metroid for what's pretty much the first time and it's awesome. I got hooked on it. Woohoo
I'm most certain it will. Not sure if we'll be able to select it right off the bat.

Gravijah

Snuggler said:

I always get lost in Super Metroid. Fuck that game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gravijah said:
I always get lost in Super Metroid. Fuck that game.

Yeah I got lost like 5 minutes in the game when I didn't realize I could shoot the ground on this one part, but I made it for like 2 or 3 hours last night without getting stuck. That kind of stuff happens to me all the time when I'm playing older games but at least we have youtube and other internets to help us out.

It's a really good game, so far, I'm glad I decided to give it a go before Other M.

Apparently this is GI Australia (didn't know they had an Australian magazine)

Yeah I don't think the US GI would be out yet.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Game Informer's review basically said it's a 3D Metroid Fusion - GI also gave that a 10 (Not GI Australia).

I honestly don't really care what reviews it gets, I'll get it anyway - but I've learned over the years that I hate Wii reviews because a lot of times reviewers don't know how to play them properly (Motion Controls) because they don't play the Wii that often. The last thing was the SMG2 reviews where they complained about the Motion Controlled mini-game stuff - and the latest is GameTrailers Skyward Sword video's from GamesCom.

Anyway. I'm glad that it's reconfirmed that Other M is still going to be a core Metroid experience. I was not worried at all, considering Sakamoto was behind the project. But I'm glad people who had doubts, can basically put those to rest, or at the very least are put to ease.

hatchx

Banned
Haziqonfire said:
Game Informer's review basically said it's a 3D Metroid Fusion - GI also gave that a 10 (Not GI Australia).

Woah. That's certainly good news. I can't frickin' wait for next week!

Shanadeus

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Shanadeus:
2vuhjdz.png
Awesome :lol

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Still can't wait - but I thought metroid fusion was the worst in the series.

I'm sure the next metroid game will take place on a planet

Gravijah

Snuggler said:
Yeah I got lost like 5 minutes in the game when I didn't realize I could shoot the ground on this one part, but I made it for like 2 or 3 hours last night without getting stuck. That kind of stuff happens to me all the time when I'm playing older games but at least we have youtube and other internets to help us out.

It's a really good game, so far, I'm glad I decided to give it a go before Other M.

Yeah I don't think the US GI would be out yet.

I swear I've sequence broke myself multiple times while playing SM, and each time, I get stuck. :(

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
hatchx said:
Woah. That's certainly good news. I can't frickin' wait for next week!

Yeah, Fusion was great - even though it was more 'holds your hand' I guess. It told you where to go and stuff, but the exploration was still in-tact and it was an awesome Metroid title.

It's definitely one of my favourites.

I'm hopeful for Other M, I think it'll end up liking it a hell of a lot.

I would also like to request a Metroidified avatar please.
I probably shouldn't be, but I'm hyped through the roof for this game. I'm taking days off to play it.

Oh also, mindblowing OP.

hatchx

Banned
Haziqonfire said:
Yeah, Fusion was great - even though it was more 'holds your hand' I guess. It told you where to go and stuff, but the exploration was still in-tact and it was an awesome Metroid title.

It's definitely one of my favourites.

I'm hopeful for Other M, I think it'll end up liking it a hell of a lot.

I think so too.

I'm excited because it looks and sounds like a brand-new kind of action game. At first I was really worried about the tacky cutscenes and the controls and what-not, but now I'm ready to soak it all in.

I didn't pre-order, but I have a feeling I won't need to.

mantidor

SpacePirate Ridley said:
As uptight as you say to be with spoilers, Im sorry, but I can not think how can that be a spoiler.

1. I dont even know who is that character. The same as all the people who havent played the game. We only know she says "I am Samus Aran" to suit samus, thats why I did a banner as if she was indecipherable and you cant access her profile.

2. Even if you have done media blockout is IMPOSSIBLE you have not seen her. And Im really sure all the people that know about this game have seen her as she appears in the FIRST trailer when it was showed at e3 2009, you have to eat her scene, you want it or not, becuase you didnt know what that trailer was going to show. As a matter of fact, she has never appeared in any trailer outside of the first.

God DAMN I shouldn't have quoted you! :( I'll never quote spoilers again.
I'm going to pretend I don't what this pollo loco is

First I'm really, really crazy about spoilers, to the point I felt spoiled by Mario's Galaxy 2 thread because the banners contained new power ups, and I know they were in the ads, so I accept it really is my problem, I'm not blaming you or anyone else, with my level of tolerance for spoilers I should be out of the internet.

But from the first trailer I was pretty sure the one who says "I am Samus Aran" is Samus herself, not this girl, so since I've tried to avoid posts regarding the story of Other M, I thought this girl's role in the story had been already explained and your banner was based on that, I'm glad to know we still have no idea who she is. And I still think she's not the one who said that.

Gravijah

mantidor said:

I spoiled the name of the final place in Nier last night. Fucking sucks. Hoping it's not that big of a spoiler...

Poyunch

mantidor said:

First I'm really, really crazy about spoilers, to the point I felt spoiled by Mario's Galaxy 2 thread because the banners contained new power ups, and I know they were in the ads, so I accept it really is my problem, I'm not blaming you or anyone else, with my level of tolerance for spoilers I should be out of the internet.

But from the first trailer I was pretty sure the one who says "I am Samus Aran" is Samus herself, not this girl,
so since I've tried to avoid posts regarding the story of Other M, I thought this girl's role in the story had been already explained and your banner was based on that, I'm glad to know we still have no idea who she is. And I still think she's not the one who said that.
Yeah I thought this was the case as well. I mean a lot of people have thought otherwise but nothing has been confirmed.

Kard8p3

mantidor said:

Just so you know you didn't actually read any spoiler about El Pollo Loco. The particular thing you speak of is just a theory. It's definitely possible and there are some things that lead people to believe it's true but trust me it's not actually known.

Beth Cyra

Probably the best news I have heard all year that this is like Fusion but on console.

Still think Fusion is the best 2D Metroid so if this really is like that but better then this will probably end up as my all time favorite Metroid and has an even higher chance of knocking XIII out of my game of the year.

Kard8p3

TruePrime said:
Probably the best news out I have heard all year that this is like Fusion but on console.

Still think Fusion is the best 2D Metroid if this really is like that but better then this will probably end up as my all time favorite Metroid and has an even higher chance of knocking XIII out of my game of the year.

For me Fusion is the second best Metroid game so hearing it's like a 3D Fusion really does excite me. Can't wait till next week.

jman2050

I played through Super Metroid the other day, a 100% run using my usual route in 1:38. It had been a while, but ever since a few years ago I've never deviated from the 1:30-1:40 range in my 100% runs, so I feel like I'm still primed for some action :D

Amir0x

Banned
Sammy Samusu said:
GI: 8/10

I don't think I am allowed to post the scan here, but you know where to go.

Criticisms?

Anyway, I just beat Fusion. I think it moved up on my best Metroid list... it's really fucking amazing. I can't think of anything negative about it.

daakusedo

I finished fusion today, my first 100%, I forgot I didn't do it the first time.
After other M, the next game will surely continue the story after fusion, and it has great potential.

SAMUS JAILED

Amir0x

Banned
heringer said:

It's not better than Super Metroid. It's just really great. I played and beat it before but for some reason it left a bigger impact now.

I have to find my Super Metroid cartridge now >_<

Penguin

Amir0x said:
It's not better than Super Metroid. It's just really great. I played and beat it before but for some reason it left a bigger impact now.

Just bought it on the Virtual Console.
First time ever playing it....

Reached up to Kraid I want to say, and so far, moves pretty quick at giving you items.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Amir0x said:
Criticisms?

Anyway, I just beat Fusion. I think it moved up on my best Metroid list... it's really fucking amazing. I can't think of anything negative about it.

I never understood the hate Fusion got. I must have been in the right mindset when I first played it; I was blown away.

It's not "as good as" Super in that Super is the 100% stone cold iconic Metroid game. The perfect mix of art style, zones, power ups, music, length, and mood. I heretically think that Fusion is structurally and in terms of features and scope a better game tho - it really is Metroid 4, not a spin-off or side story.

So Super and Fusion exist in a yin-yang orbit around each other.

heringer

Amir0x said:

Fusion is better and you know it. Just take off your rose tinted glasses to see the truth.

:p

mantidor

Fusion is the 2D Metroid I like less, yes including the almost unplayable by today standards Metroid 2. But I think they all have amazing gameplay, is just that the other 2D Metroids have a much engaging and isolated atmosphere which is something I like a lot.

Top Bottom