• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

AniHawk said:
Metroid Prime: 10/10
Metroid Fusion: 10/10
Metroid Prime 3: 10/10

Metroid Prime 2: 9.8/10
Metroid Zero Mission: 9.8/10
Super Metroid: 8.85/10
Metroid Prime Hunters: 8.5/10
Metroid Other M: 8.5/10
Metroid (GBA classics): 8.4/10
Metroid 2: 8.4/10

Wait, huh? I thought when Nintendo Power converted their 5 star score back into numbers, they only considered Prime 3 to be a true 10/10 along with Resident Evil 4.

AniHawk

Cow Mengde said:
Wait, huh? I thought when Nintendo Power converted their 5 star score back into numbers, they only considered Prime 3 to be a true 10/10 along with Resident Evil 4.

well these are the converted scores from the 5 star rankings from back then. this is what they gave those "in the moment."

super metroid got a 4.425/5. how does that even happen. why go that far.

Nessus

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Zero Mission in hard is awesome.

And much more difficult than Fusion that im playing again right now. What the fuck are you people thinking saying Fusion is more difficult?

Beating Zero Mission with 100% of items is ridiculously hard because the moment you pick up the last item the final boss suddenly has twice as much health and deals twice as much damage. I haven't actually beaten the game on Hard because of this.

AniHawk said:
well these are the converted scores from the 5 star rankings from back then. this is what they gave those "in the moment."

Yeah, I guess it is confusing having to convert scores like that back and forth. Not much you can do with 5/5 other than to convert them into 10.

daakusedo

I watched the ign videos.
This game seems raw even more than the first 2d metroid.
The speed, sound effects and shooting numerous monsters in silence, all that combined is amazing.

Now I hope for shinespark challenges.

D-Pad

AniHawk said:
Metroid Prime: 10/10
Metroid Fusion: 10/10
Metroid Prime 3: 10/10
Metroid Prime 2: 9.8/10
Metroid Zero Mission: 9.8/10
Super Metroid: 8.85/10
Metroid Prime Hunters: 8.5/10
Metroid Other M: 8.5/10
Metroid (GBA classics): 8.4/10
Metroid 2: 8.4/10
:lol

OP made this game a day 1.

riceandbeans said:
Right, because you're playing the game on Hard... :lol
Uh, well you said Zero Mission played like an easy/casual version of 2D Metroid in your post. If you want a more difficult experience, play it on Hard is what I was basically suggesting.

heringer

lordoftherink said:
Uh, well you said Zero Mission played like an easy/casual version of 2D Metroid in your post. If you want a more difficult experience, play it on Hard is what I was basically suggesting.
But why would he play on hard when he actually liked the fact that the game is easier? :p

Celine

heringer said:
How could anybody give a 8.5 to that abomination called Metroid Prime Hunters.
259ec76.gif

somedevil

Also Nintendo power ranked the metroid games from best to worst. Here is their rankings.

1. Super Metroid
2. Metroid Prime
3. Zero Mission
4. Metroid Prime 3
5. Metroid Fusion
6. Metroid
7. Metroid Prime 2
8. Metroid 2
9. Metroid Prime Hunters

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Amir0x said:
Criticisms?

Anyway, I just beat Fusion. I think it moved up on my best Metroid list... it's really fucking amazing. I can't think of anything negative about it.
You have fine taste, my good sir.

Beth Cyra

somedevil said:
Also Nintendo power ranked the metroid games from best to worst. Here is their rankings.

1. Super Metroid
2. Metroid Prime
3. Zero Mission
4. Metroid Prime 3
5. Metroid Fusion
6. Metroid
7. Metroid Prime 2
8. Metroid 2
9. Metroid Prime Hunters

Amazing how much I disagree with this list.

The Hermit

somedevil said:

1. Super Metroid/Metroid Prime
2. Zero Mission
3. Metroid Prime 2
4. Metroid Fusion
5. Metroid
6. Metroid Prime 3
7. Metroid Prime Hunters

Didn't play Metroid 2...

I hope Other M is above Fusion in my ranking... MP 3 and MPH are by far the worst Metroid games.

This is how i would rate them. Granted 1 - 7 are all really close.

1. Metroid Prime
2. Super Metroid
3. Zero Mission
4. Metroid Prime 3
5. Metroid Prime 2
6. Metroid 2
7. Metroid
8. Metroid Fusion
50. Metroid Prime Hunters

somedevil said:

1. Super Metroid
2. Metroid Prime
3. Zero Mission
4. Metroid Prime 3
5. Metroid Fusion
6. Metroid
7. Metroid Prime 2
8. Metroid 2
9. Metroid Prime Hunters

I've never played Metroid 2, but for the other 8, that is pretty much the exact order in which I would place them. I may reorder Zero Mission, Prime, and Prime 3 a bit, but that would kind of depend on my mood. It's a shame they didn't include Metroid: Other M, though. I'd like to see how it ranks.

AniHawk

Rush2thestart said:
I have a feeling GI is going to give this game a 6 based on their comment about the AU review..
I think it'll be reviewed at a safely high level considering the preorder bonus deal they have going with them.

heringer

Nice Famitsu score. Higher than all the Prime games and Fusion too.

Rush2thestart said:
I don't see how that's very positive. They're just listing facts about the game...
You can read between the lines that the guy liked the game. At the very least it doesn't read like he's going to give the game a 6 or something.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
AniHawk said:
I think it'll be reviewed at a safely high level considering the preorder bonus deal they have going with them.

They have a preorder deal? I hope it's something cool because that is where I did my business. Hopefully it's a cool exclusive suit for Samus or something like that.

Azure J

somedevil said:

1. Super Metroid
2. Metroid Prime
3. Zero Mission
4. Metroid Prime 3
5. Metroid Fusion
6. Metroid
7. Metroid Prime 2
8. Metroid 2
9. Metroid Prime Hunters

Urge to curb crazy Echoes haters rising.

AniHawk

Snuggler said:
They have a preorder deal? I hope it's something cool because that is where I did my business. Hopefully it's a cool exclusive suit for Samus or something like that.
Yeah it's an artbook.

Poyunch

Snuggler said:
It's an art folio.

edit: :(

MNC said:
Metroid Prime Hunters was a great game.

But a pretty bad Metroid game.
Hunters had a god-awful singleplayer; just undeniably bad.

The multiplayer was kinda fun though. It was a neat little Quake clone with Metroid-ish twists like alt forms, missiles, power beam, etc. Then two weeks later any traces of a "community" were absolutely gone and replaced by people hacking the shit out of it.

Teknoman

Everything else seems great about the game aside from the surprise attack battle music. Not that its bad, just that it doesnt really stand out.

Maybe I just need to hear it in a better video (IGN videos always have strange volume levels for me)/in person.

Wizpig

AniHawk said:
Metroid Prime: 10/10 - perfect
Metroid Fusion: 10/10 - more like a 9 or 9.5, maybe
Metroid Prime 3: 10/10 - ahhaahaahah *cough* jesus, no. it's still close to 9, maybe, but not quite. 8.9?
Metroid Prime 2: 9.8/10 - more like a 9.5
Metroid Zero Mission: 9.8/10 - more like 8.5
Super Metroid: 8.85/10 - dunno
Metroid Prime Hunters: 8.5/10 - perfect
Metroid Other M: 8.5/10 - wtf
Metroid (GBA classics): 8.4/10 - dunno
Metroid 2: 8.4/10 - dunno
My opinion in bold, but the vote for Other M doesn't really "scare" me.
They are probably right, anyways... Other M sounds like a good game but nothing mind-blowing.

edit. Can some skilled and kind man put a Samus helmet on my GAF avatar? or maybe a Metroid, it's your choice! if you have time, of course.

braves01

Banned
AzureJericho said:
Urge to curb crazy Echoes haters rising.

Yeah, disregard anyone that puts the original Metroid above Echoes. It's the beginning of the franchise, but really shouldn't be anywhere but the bottom of the list due to some of its NES constraints. And Hunters shouldn't be on anywhere on a Metroid list. I'd probably slot Echoes at three or four after Super, Prime 1, and Zero Mission.

Top Bottom