• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy |OT|

AniHawk

Dabookerman said:
I'm sure it will go down to £20 at some point.
At this current situation, spending £30 or whatever on games I already own is lol.

When was the last time Nintendo dropped the price of a console game they published? Three years ago?

AniHawk said:
When was the last time Nintendo dropped the price of a console game they published? Three years ago?

Retail clearances / bombas. Wii Music ~ £10, Rhythm Paradise ~ £15, Fire Emblem ~ £20...

This is why I love physical copies.

AniHawk

Dabookerman said:
I think Zelda TP is now half price. There you go!

Oh, I forgot you lived in that weird part of the world where retailers cut prices on games, where tyrant kings still rule with an iron fist, and where health care is defined by the government deciding who lives and who dies.

trinest

Most of the time retailers unoffically put a game lower price as its RRP.

Wheres those hot pictures of the box and stuff.

AniHawk said:
Oh, I forgot you lived in that weird part of the world where retailers cut prices on games, where tyrant kings still rule with an iron fist, and where health care is defined by the government deciding who lives and who dies.

Although it's Tyrant Queen.

AniHawk said:

I don't want to say we get a good deal, becuase generally things are way too expensive. Even a GBA Pokemon game is still £30. But..
In UK there have been some random 1st party games dropped quite quickly. Don't really know why, becasue some were big sellers.

SSBB went from £35 to around £22.50-£25 within the first 12 months.
Advance Wars: Dark Conflict brand spanking new, not even 3 months old £15.
New play control series.

Metroid Prime 3 is at most places between £15 and £25. And that's way before a trilogoy was announced. Like at least for 6 months now.

Wii Music is going for good amounts.

But they seem to be a bit out of touch. For example, Animal Crossing Wii, hasn't done as well as they were hoping. That's becuase it costs £50. The cheapest online is around £45. I asked a few of the kids, why they didn't buy the wii version, they simply said it's too expensive, and they only want it with WiiSpeak. It's odd becuase on Amazon you can buy them seperately for £40 total.

wackojackosnose said:
Retail clearances / bombas. Wii Music ~ £10, Rhythm Paradise ~ £15, Fire Emblem ~ £20...

This is why I love physical copies.
Where have you seen Wii Music (new) for £10. And Rhythm Paradise (new) for £15?

upandaway said:
It's absolutely incredible how many people actually own all games in the Trilogy but refused to play (or finish) them on their original discs.

I always feel kind of ashamed having such great games just sitting in my backlog. Sadly game theft, and a lost memory card prevented me from ever finishing the first one on GC, and I refused to play 2 or 3 without beating the first. Just got back into it again last year and had to quit upon hearing about the Wii versions because I wanted the best experience. Better late than never I guess.

the thoroughbred said:
Where have you seen Wii Music (new) for £10. And Rhythm Paradise (new) for £15?

Wii Music was a part of Play.com's bomba range earlier this year at £10. I think I saw it for £20 at GAME this week and HMV are selling it in-store at ~£9 as a part of its preplayed range minus the actual box, even though it is actually brand new with booklets and everything. (I picked up a "preplayed" / new copy of Guilty Gear XX Wii for 98p!).

Rhythm Paradise was about £15 a week after release at (I think) TheHut.com (and also a few weeks ago but not now) which really pissed me off cos I bought it for ~£22 on release week whilst convincing myself that this is Nintendo's next big game and won't price crash in the next few months let alone years.

Amir0x

Banned
did you guys know that there is so much contained awesome in this package that the FDA actually was forced to give the game a warning label, telling potential buyers that playing this game may result in heart failure and spontaneous masturbation (without regard for people in the room!)?

Also a law was passed making it legal to classify people who hate Metroid Prime as "diseased"!

no really I heard about this just recently it was in the news. a friend of mine was recently quarantined for hatred of Metroid Prime

trinest

I hate Metroid Prime (2 was alright though).

Their good games but hype just wrecks them.

So whats in the Trilogy- 3 games and an artbook?

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
what? that's preposterous!

No, I think you just made that up. I don't feel sick. I threw up blood thirty minutes ago and there's this black stuff leaking from my nose, but that doesn't mean I'm diseased. I could just be turning into an alien or something.

hamchan

upandaway said:
It's absolutely incredible how many people actually own all games in the Trilogy but refused to play (or finish) them on their original discs.

I know :lol I bought Prime when it went platinum hits and its sequel 3 years ago but I'm only a third of the way through the first game and haven't touched the 2nd at all!

Is there an Australian release date for this game or am I gonna have to import it?

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
No, I think you just made that up. I don't feel sick. I threw up blood thirty minutes ago and there's this black stuff leaking from my nose, but that doesn't mean I'm diseased. I could just be turning into an alien or something.

Don't worry, Other M may cure you

Amir0x

Banned
Haunted said:
How can one disc contain so much win? Must be a special alloy or something.

That's why it has to be contained in a steel book!

Nintendo isn't worried about the Europeans though

I saw the vid someone posted about which sequence breaks made it through the porting process, but I didn't see any mention of whether you can still use the Player's Choice workaround to get the space jump boots first in Prime. Does anyone know yet?

Vagabundo

I need to set aside some personal time for this, I'm going to project it all over my wall so it is nine foot across....

Haunted

Amir0x said:

It'll probably melt my face Ark of the Covenant style once unpacked. And I don't mind, either, it's a small price to pay for getting to see it in all its glory.

I own and have completed all 3 games with 100% items on the hardest difficulties, and I will still buy this. It's just too good of a fucking deal!

Vagabundo

Haunted said:
It'll probably melt my face Ark of the Covenant style once unpacked. And I don't mind, either, it's a small price to pay for getting to see it in all its glory.

To glimpse the God thing...

upandaway

GrotesqueBeauty said:
I saw the vid someone posted about which sequence breaks made it through the porting process, but I didn't see any mention of whether you can still use the Player's Choice workaround to get the space jump boots first in Prime. Does anyone know yet?
Wait, what workaround?

I know of the glitch available in the first NTSC Prime version, if you mean that. In that case it's definitely impossible to do in the Trilogy.

upandaway said:
Wait, what workaround?

I know of the glitch available in the first NTSC Prime version, if you mean that. In that case it's definitely impossible to do in the Trilogy.
In the Player's Choice version I'm pretty sure you can open the hatch to the hallway leading to the Artifact Temple and use the scan visor on one of the creatures crawling on the wall instead of the vine outside the door in the landing site.

Gelry

aka Bastiaan
I'm wondering if I will be able to play Metroid Prime 2: Echoes with this. The gamecube version gives me motion sickness. Weird thing is: only MP2 does this. MP1 and MP3 are both fine. I have no idea what is causing this, but it is making it impossible for me to finish it. (Unless in 10 minute bursts)

I finished the other two, but in Echoes, I'm currently stuck as it has been too long and I don't know which
Temple Keys I have already found. The final ones those are, with the hidden monster things you need to spot with the visor.
How far near the ending is that?

Kuramu

Ok, it's official; I need a flatscreen TV with 16:9 that doesn't make Wii games look like ass. I have no idea what to get.

Gelry said:
I finished the other two, but in Echoes, I'm currently stuck as it has been too long and I don't know which
Temple Keys I have already found. The final ones those are, with the hidden monster things you need to spot with the visor.
How far near the ending is that?
That's the last part before the final boss.

HUELEN10

Kuramu said:
Ok, it's official; I need a flatscreen TV with 16:9 that doesn't make Wii games look like ass. I have no idea what to get.
You said flatscreen and NOT flat panel, therefore I suggest my TV to you, the Sony KD-34XBR970! Below are some pics.
Picture 1
Picture 2
Wii looks awesome on this set. Was actually the reason I got it!:D

As for this game, I double checked, and the HUD is indeed stretched. No biggie, but it is good to know, that way you know that it's meant to look like that.

Man HUELEN10, you will pimp that thing out every chance you get. :lol

Too bad CRTs are a dying breed. They may be bulky as fuck, but they really do look the best. :(

HUELEN10

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Man HUELEN10, you will pimp that thing out every chance you get. :lol

Too bad CRTs are a dying breed. They may be bulky as fuck, but they really do look the best. :(
What can I say? I love my Wii and want to get the best 16:9 picture possible. But yeah, once it dies, as all TVs do, I'm screwed. :(
Amir0x said:

How could I miss this? :lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Kuramu said:
If you're thinking about an LCD or something, stop right there. Your Wii games will go to shit. You're better off with a standard def CRT monitor (an HDTV CRT would be the best solution with a good plasma coming right behind that)...

bumpkin

ZealousD said:
Steelbook. Artbook. Poster. T-Shirt.
The last one is a bit of a disappointment because it won't fit if you're normal sized or smaller; the one I got from my local GameStop is an XL which is too big for me. So really the only bonus swag I got that's of use to me is the poster. It's cool, but it's not a shirt. :(

Apparently Nintendo (or GameStop?) think that only overweight Wii owners will buy Metroid Prime Trilogy...

dark10x said:
If you're thinking about an LCD or something, stop right there. Your Wii games will go to shit. You're better off with a standard def CRT monitor (an HDTV CRT would be the best solution with a good plasma coming right behind that)...
I wish he were wrong but he's kind of right. I've got an LCD and the Wii generally looks terrible on it, though some games are better than others.

The Hermit

Amir0x said:
did you guys know that there is so much contained awesome in this package that the FDA actually was forced to give the game a warning label, telling potential buyers that playing this game may result in heart failure and spontaneous masturbation (without regard for people in the room!)?

Also a law was passed making it legal to classify people who hate Metroid Prime as "diseased"!

I support this law!

SUFFER ANIHAWK! SUFFER LIKE G DID!!

jjasper

I will buy since I never replayed 1 and 2 and I no longer have my discs.

And I guess I am diseased since I don't think 3 is very good.

topofuji

Banned
Looks like most of us who preordered online are NOT getting the poster in addition to the shirt: I just checked Gamestop.com, my order status, and it just shows the game and the shirt as the items, and the shirt is Backordered. This is the same situation as back with the BlazBlue art book bonus, not sure if those backordered people ever got theirs.
So even though I preordered when they still had the poster listed as a bonus, I'm not getting it. Messed up.

Malio

Will buy it when it's $30. Love me some Metroid Prime! I have MP1 (beat it once) and MP2 (about 60% done with it), and never played MP3 yet.

I am definately buying this, I never beat MP2 and was pnly 75% done MP3. I have all three games but the Wii controls will be incredible.

Top Bottom