• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Even though I already own the physical release, I have brought MPT as a show of support for digital Wii releases. I had to repurpose one of my old USB pens to have enough space to download it, and it's incredibly stupid that the eShop requires you to have the space before allowing you to buy the bloody thing. Anyway, I'm all sorted.

Latter. It's exactly the same as running the disc version on a Wii U, but better than on a Wii.

the latter
they look better running on WiiU

No, these are Wii games. Digital or physical, they are the same game. The difference in image quality comes from the console itself, either a Wii U connected via HDMI or a Wii connected via Component.

Thank you guys, I appreciate you clearing that up.

Yes, they had a lapse in existing after Yokoi's death.
But, they would have returned eventually.
This is not how I wanted them to return.

They are nearly objectively some of the best games ever made--at the very least, the first one is. Sorry that's not good enough for you.

Buying, will worry about finding space for download later.

terrisus

They are nearly objectively some of the best games ever made--at the very least, the first one is. Sorry that's not good enough for you.

Buying, will worry about finding space for download later.

It's not that it's "not good enough for me."
It's that it's "not what I wanted."

I realize that's just me.
I realize most others don't feel the same.

I still kind of wonder what Nintendo was thinking going with Trilogy here. Maybe they were going to do Prime 3 but realized they weren't going to do GC VC anyway, so hell with it, just put Trilogy on there instead? No difference for Nintendo and fans rejoice because it's a good deal?
They did it to prepare everyone for Metroid Prime 4, which will be revealed at E3 2015.

Obviously.

georly

You'll probably have needed one sooner or later, might as well have 7 Gigs of Prime on there to get it started.

I might just buy it and not download it. Unless you guys know of a really good deal on a hard drive, I can't really afford it right now. Car wreck over the weekend so i'm paying for a rental and have to pay the deductible on insurance to get the car fixed. All my extra money for this month and the next couple are basically gone. Especially since I just bought 2 majora 3DSes (one for me, one for my stepkid) and 2 copies of majora. Ultra in debt right now! I still have eshop credits from before, so I wouldn't be paying any more money for it, so I guess I will.

Peltz

I still have my original disc, so I won't be purchasing. However, I completed MP1 for the first time last year and it definitely holds up well, especially if you play on veteran and use the lock-on mechanic rather than free look (as it was meant to be played).

When I have a chunk of free time, I'll tackle MP2.

holysan

Downloading.

The low price somehow justifies the purchase of a plus controller. Time to get rid of my sin to never have played Prime.

correojon

I thought this was gonna release much later in the year! Great news, I´ll get it as soon as I reach home.

I had the disc trilogy but lost it before being able to complete MP2...I won´t miss this chance no matter what!

I hate virtually all first-person games
I hate these games
These games killed the Metroid series on consoles

But, I'm going to buy this, and I'm going to give it my best effort.

I don´t usually like first person games either, but this trilogy is one of the exceptions, you should give it a honest try, I´m sure you´ll enjoy it immensely.

explodet

This is not my beautiful house

This is not my beautiful wife

Nosgoroth

I have the original individual games, but eh whatever, I can't pass this up. Bought bought bought.

Three out of three for now (SMG2, DKCR, MPT). Off to have a look at what's next.

MikeyB

I don't understand how people can prefer the original controls. Like, I literally don't understand that opinion. It's almost factually incorrect.

Ugh. Pretty easily. Some people like stinky cheese. Others don't. It's a matter of taste, not facts because, like enjoying cheese, enjoying how one controls a game is subjective experience. See debates about objectivity and video game reviews.

buying these games solely due to the fact that my gaemcube versions of these games runs like crap on Dolphin. Looking forward to paying $10 for some of the best games of their generation.

This will be the first thing I download to my WiiU since getting one for Christmas and I have a question about it.

If I download it to the internal memory now, can I transfer it over to an external HDD later if I want? I know Nintendo stuff is wonky with the downloadable games.

Yagharek

This will be the first thing I download to my WiiU since getting one for Christmas and I have a question about it.

If I download it to the internal memory now, can I transfer it over to an external HDD later if I want? I know Nintendo stuff is wonky with the downloadable games.

Yes, you can transfer everything over to an external hdd.

For $10, copping without hesitation.

I really wanted the original disc version on Wii...but I'll make sure to get this just so I can play Prime 1/2.

Fantastic deal!

thefro

Definitely picking this up... actually never beat Prime 1 and only played Prime 2 a bit (my cousin borrowed it soon after I got it and lost the disc).

Jashobeam

Even though I already own the physical release, I have brought MPT as a show of support for digital Wii releases. I had to repurpose one of my old USB pens to have enough space to download it, and it's incredibly stupid that the eShop requires you to have the space before allowing you to buy the bloody thing. Anyway, I'm all sorted.

seriously? it won't let you buy the game if you don't have enough space? crap, im going to have to delete some stuff then..

JaseMath

Seeing the screens makes me want to replay them all! All of my envy to those who are going in for the first time.

Diffense

I have all the games separately: prime 1 and 2 for GC and Corruption for Wii. I got Prime at release and got Echoes last after beating Corruption. I played Echoes to the point where
you get the light suit and have to go key hunting
but didn't finish. I'm kind of annoyed by that.

I'd rank them in order of how much I fancy them in the same order as they were released. IMO, Echoes is to Prime as Zelda:MM is to OoT. It's the more difficult and intricate game but the freshness of Prime and the resulting nostalgia gives it extra points in my book. Corruption had a very different atmosphere from 1 and 2 but was still a great game. It felt like the most extroverted of the trio because of the more open setting and lighter difficulty whereas the world of Echoes was an unrelentingy isolating and dark labyrinth.

I can't believe I'm tempted buy this even though I have all the games but I'm not sure if pointer controls are enough.

I went straight into two from the first one and burned myself out on it. I *want* to go back and finish two but I have no idea where I was or what I was doing and I don't wanna start again...but I kinda do. DECISIONS ARE HARD.

Any specific external HDD you all would recommend for Wii U? I have an 8GB system and it won't cut it for this game.

Yeah, when I bought the 8GB at launch I knew I was going to need an external hard drive. Honestly, since I figured 32 GB wasn't much better I figured I was going to need an external anyway. Part of the reason I went with the Basic. But anyhow, I'm no expert on the matter. This is what I bought about a year ago:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J7YBRW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have it connected with a Y-cable. Works fine. Not saying it's the best or the best deal, but throwing it out there as something I know works.

Now I need to figure out what to delete. REALLY wish they had a bigger HD in there. I don't want to get an external with a power supply, and I'm hesitant about thumb drives after having been burned by a shit experience on the 360.

Yeah, when I bought the 8GB at launch I knew I was going to need an external hard drive. Honestly, since I figured 32 GB wasn't much better I figured I was going to need an external anyway. Part of the reason I went with the Basic. But anyhow, I'm no expert on the matter. This is what I bought about a year ago:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J7YBRW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have it connected with a Y-cable. Works fine. Not saying it's the best or the best deal, but throwing it out there as something I know works.
I'll cosign this too, I got the 500GB version and I've had no troubles with it. You'll need the Y-cable though

JimboJones

Now I need to figure out what to delete. REALLY wish they had a bigger HD in there. I don't want to get an external with a power supply, and I'm hesitant about thumb drives after having been burned by a shit experience on the 360.
Well there is also the y cable option, does take up 2 USB slots though.

Top Bottom