• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

Ridley327

12-20 hours each, I'd say.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Prime 3 is perhaps the shortest one in the series, and that's easily at the low end of that estimate. 100% for all of them is of course a good way to extend playtime, especially when you've got item collection and scanning completions to worry about. You could also go nuts over the special achievements in Prime 3, which do encourage you to take on moments in the game in a different way.

spookyfish

This is great that more people are getting the chance to play this. And for $10 (U.S.), too.

I'll be buying this despite owning the physical copy.

BraXzy

When I first got my Wii U I looked this up since I'd heard great things but the crazy prices stopped me. This is a godsend from Nintendo, what a steal!

McNum

Well, it's up on the EU eShop... and the eShop is running really, really slow. I got an error message while loading an error message. Seems like I'm not the only one looking to buy Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Ah man, so excited to get this! One of the few times putting off a purchase for so long has paid off. I've only played the first one, so I'm curious to see how much harder Echoes really is.

Downloading as soon as I get home.

I wonder if in the future there would be a way to trick the game into thinking the gamepad is a wiimote and nunchuck with IR controls on the touchpad.

Only way this game could get better is with more control options, even though the existing controls are fantastic. Now, for other Wii games. Yes, they just need that option...

Anyone from Texas know if eshop charges taxes on an eshop card?

I ask cause i recently got taxed on a gamestop digital buy using a gamestop gc even though i had already paid taxes once on the card itself.Also if anyone has eshop codes at a discount say $20 worth pm me please.

lyrick

I wonder if in the future there would be a way to trick the game into thinking the gamepad is a wiimote and nunchuck with IR controls on the touchpad.

Only way this game could get better is with more control options, even though the existing controls are fantastic. Now, for other Wii games. Yes, they just need that option...

As in make it control like Kid Icarus Uprising, without access to the 'a' and 'b' buttons? or slow the game down to a crawl and make it control like a typical console FPS?

y2dvd

I hate virtually all first-person games
I hate these games
These games killed the Metroid series on consoles

But, I'm going to buy this, and I'm going to give it my best effort.

I'm a little confused with your post. The first three lines leads me to believe you've already played the MP series, hence your third line. But the fourth line makes me think you haven't played it. If it's the latter, how can you say these games killed the series if you've never played it lol?

Anyone from Texas know if eshop charges taxes on an eshop card?

I ask cause i recently got taxed on a gamestop digital buy using a gamestop gc even though i had already paid taxes once on the card itself.Also if anyone has eshop codes at a discount say $20 worth pm me please.

It does, if I remember correctly.

Odd that you paid taxes on a card in the first place though.

cyrok

I played the Wii version and it had a lot of in-game Nun-chuck controls. I don't remember if we were able to play with a game pad a that time but do it say anywhere if the controls are going to be optimized?

Woffls

Bought, but how long it will take to download... well, I'll get back to you next week.

bt srs, is eShop just getting hammered by people downloading Prime Trilogy? Keeps stopping my download and not connecting to the store.

terrisus

I'm a little confused with your post. The first three lines leads me to believe you've already played the MP series, hence your third line. But the fourth line makes me think you haven't played it. If it's the latter, how can you say these games killed the series if you've never played it lol?

I've played the first one some.
I couldn't stand it - it physically makes me sick (not an exaggeration/hyperbole, most first-person games do)

Since the 2nd and 3rd are first-person games as well, I would expect them to have a similar effect.

cyrok

I played the Wii version and it had a lot of in-game Nun-chuck controls. I don't remember if we were able to play with a game pad a that time but do it say anywhere if the controls are going to be optimized?

Never mind. Apparently I forgot how to read.

iAkguwRPo5riMg8CCqDei6XnuTYMUIcZj7ReLzWdXyZ7w0SH-ZWDUSTYuKuVjeMBEHXmzGCbnfevM3wNZdLfMWMhT8HJp0HIwHDQ0g=w512-h288-nc

terrisus

Never mind. Apparently I forgot how to read.

For what it's worth, the answer is the same as it will be for every Wii game re-released like this for the Wii U.
Just so you don't have to wonder in the future.

I couldn't stand it - it physically makes me sick (not an exaggeration/hyperbole, most first-person games do)

Since the 2nd and 3rd are first-person games as well, I would expect them to have a similar effect.

I had the same reaction to the first game, there was something weird about it and I forget what it was, but Retro was aware and fixed it for the sequels. I think the trilogy version resolves it for the first game as well.

terrisus

I had the same reaction to the first game, there was something weird about it and I forget what it was, but Retro was aware and fixed it for the sequels. I think the trilogy version resolves it for the first game as well.

Thanks for the information on that, I definitely appreciate feedback from someone who had a similar experience.

As I said, I will be buying this, and giving them a try =)

Diffense

They make me sick too but I did OK with the Prime games. Mouse and KB PC FP games tend to be much more difficult for me to handle. I think it has to do with how sensitive the 'look' controls are.

Timeaisis

Now I just need to decide which to play first:

Metroid Prime: For the nostalgia
Echoes: To actually try to finish it this time
Corruption: Completely new experience

Decisions, decisions...

I think this is the singular game I am most proud of owning, and I am soooo happy that it'll finally be available to people who missed out. What an absolute steal. Truly.

Couldn't agree more, my steel case is the pinnacle of my small collection. I will never get rid of it. That being said, love the OT and everyone should pick this up. What a steel!!

Grief.exe

I actually played Prime 1 with M/KB.
Left Click - shoot
Right click - lock on
WASD - movement
1234 - switch beam type
Space - jump

I think I Will set up a GameCube controller for Prime 2.

Top Bottom