• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

Calamari41

41 > 38
Even though I already own the physical release, I have brought MPT as a show of support for digital Wii releases. I had to repurpose one of my old USB pens to have enough space to download it, and it's incredibly stupid that the eShop requires you to have the space before allowing you to buy the bloody thing. Anyway, I'm all sorted.

I agree, but you have to admit that the concern trolling we would see if the eShop allowed you to buy a game without having enough hard drive space would be absolutely off the charts.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I finished Prime 1 two years ago. I started Echoes and got about 3 hours in... two years ago.

So I figured I should just go on to Corruption, right?

Ridley327

All good, I'm going to assume it's slightly compressed so probably 6-7 gigs download.

It'd be cool if the game would detect my prime 3 save data which I have in Wii mode.

It's only compatible with Metroid Prime Trilogy saves. They redid the whole save system since the main hub acts as a launcher for all three games.

Zel3

The OP says wii remote only, so I can't use the game pad or pro controller to play right? I personally hate pointer controls in MP and MP Echoes.

terrisus

They make me sick too but I did OK with the Prime games. Mouse and KB PC FP games tend to be much more difficult for me to handle. I think it has to do with how sensitive the 'look' controls are.

Glad to hear some more feedback on that.

I've tried some console first-person games too - Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, etc. - and they all had the same effect on me. But hopefully the Wii's controls will help, and good to hear that others with the same issue did feel there was an improvement here.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
The OP says wii remote only, so I can't use the game pad or pro controller to play right? I personally hate pointer controls in MP and MP Echoes.

No WiiU controllers.

You're crazy, hate pointer controls? I don't understand... but I guess I never played it on GC like many of you.

Timeaisis

I finished Prime 1 two years ago. I started Echoes and got about 3 hours in... two years ago.

So I figured I should just go on to Corruption, right?

I got halfway through Echoes, then stopped. So I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I liked Echoes, I just got completely stuck on one of the puzzles.

Eh...I think I'm going for Prime 1 again just because I have the time right now. I'll save Echoes for some gaming doldrum time where there's nothing else to play.

Toxi

Banned
Sanctuary Fortress is the greatest Metroid area of all time and the pinnacle of Retro's art direction and creativity. The beginning of Echoes may seem tedious, but it's all worth it for Sanctuary Fortress.

-Horizon-

Wii mote and nunchuck only.

How do I check how much space I have left on a Wii U?
I think it was settings > data management

Or maybe before you buy the game (or was it after, can't remember), it tells you how much space you need and how much you currently have.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
How do I check how much space I have left on a Wii U?

IIRC, the first thing you see when you go into Settings is Storage, so you can check it there.

Yeah its like "Transfer data" or something, that lets you check out how much storage you have.

Everyone needs an external HDD. There's so much good stuff on eShop now, and with Wii games getting put up, I have a feeling I'm going to be buying Wii games all year long if Nintendo keeps this up.

gdt

I'm so excited for this. MP1/2 were my favorite games in middle school. Played them over and over and over and 100%'d both. I don't know when I'll play them cause Destiny has put everything else on the back burner but soon, hopefully.

Either way itll be nice to have them there.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
real talk, I like Prime 2 just as much as Prime 1. Sometimes, even more.

It's a game that takes effort to appreciate, if that makes any sense. I've played it four times, and each time my opinion on the game improved. First time I didn't even finish it, and most recently I've decided it is my favorite game of the trilogy. The world is just incredible to explore and the bosses are phenomenal.

AdanVC

I'm decided to freaking finish this trilogy for once. It's been more than ten years since Metroid Prime came out and I haven't finished any entry on the trilogy. I only played halfway of the original, I've never played Echoes and Corruption just until
the first Ridley battle when Samus and him are falling off in some kind of duct wich is damn awesome!
Playing the original Metroid Prime with motion controls is gun' be good.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Wait you can only buy 3DS games online from Nintendo can't you? Damn.

No, I'm pretty sure you can buy WiiU codes online too. I don't recall if Mario Galaxy or Punchout were available for purchase online though.

Someone else can confirm. If so, I'd love to get the game downloading so I can play when I get home.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I already own the steel book version, but the thought of having instant access to MPT is too good to pass on. I'm so weak. D:

Shit, I have no space on my USB for this :( can the Wii U have multiple external storage drives? Or do I have to move everything over to a new one?

Ridley327

Prime 2's bosses are so, so good.

As a pro-tip for this for people who haven't dived too deep into that game, scan the bosses multiple times. They do a lot with alternate forms in this game, and as a result, they get different scan log entires. So scan, scan, scan.

Also, DON'T ENTER THAT MAZE-LOOKING THING RIGHT AWAY UNTIL YOU SCAN THAT ROLLING BASTARD

beta_fuse

Wow I need to make sure I have enough space for this tonight. If not I guess it's time to say goodbye to a few useless apps/games.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Shit, I have no space on my USB for this :( can the Wii U have multiple external storage drives? Or do I have to move everything over to a new one?

Yeah.

There's two USB slots in the back, and... there's some on the front? Or you can just unplug one USB and plug in the other. You can definitely have up to 2 USB drives going at once.

Yeah.

There's two USB slots in the back, and... there's some on the front? Or you can just unplug one USB and plug in the other. You can definitely have up to 2 USB drives going at once.

I'm pretty sure that the Wii U doesn't support multiple drives at once. Like, to move data, because of the proprietary file format, you have to copy from old external to internal and then over to new external. You can't just plug in two drives and copy from external 1 to external 2.

terrisus

This is something I would be really interested to see the sales figures/attach rate on.

Between:
The games being so highly regarded
The general love of many people
(who aren't me)
for first-person games
The high price of the original
(granted, that was because it sold poorly when it was out. I remember it for $20 clearance because it wasn't selling)
The comparatively cheap price of this (and even moreso at launch)

I would think this would be practically an instant buy for anyone who owns a WiiU and uses the eShop.

Jawmuncher

No, I'm pretty sure you can buy WiiU codes online too. I don't recall if Mario Galaxy or Punchout were available for purchase online though.

Someone else can confirm. If so, I'd love to get the game downloading so I can play when I get home.

Not sure what region you're in, but there should be a "Buy Digital" link on this page in less than twenty minutes in North America: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/NI0L4GZFgly0lMBWZGpD30Si5pLEmEHd

Thanks for this. This is what I was looking for. Didn't want to miss out on the sale price.

Top Bottom