• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

Really? When you load up data management there are 3 "memory" slots. One is internal, and then there are two for externals. I've never tried it, but I assume you can have two plug in HDDs plugged in at the same time.

I am probably totally wrong, but someone should check.

The third either refers to SD or there's been an OS patch recently. I just know this because I had an old Wester Digital MyBook that I was using as my external HD for a while. But after the second time it failed on me (I'd have to reformat via PC and then reformat again via Wii U to be able to use it), I went ahead and ordered a new drive. I had about a week's worth of progress I wanted to transfer over, and I had to do a silly process I can't even remember now to get the saves to transfer over without copying the whole game for my Mario Kart save. I had to redownload my games onto the new drive because a simple "copy from drive 1 to drive 2" wasn't an option.

Ridley327

Other than being digital, is there any other difference than this to the Physical Trilogy?

It might have some loading advantages, but I never got into the USB loader scene on the Wii, so I couldn't tell you what improvements there would be, if any.

Is it free aim the whole time or is there a lock on mechanic still present?

All of the games have a lock-on mechanic, since you need it to enable side-stepping. You do have the option of disabling free-aim while locked on, which might be the best way to play the first two games for some.

Fred Fredriksson

Unconfirmed Member
quick question: can i play this with a classic controller?
ok, sorry, just kidding....

is this available in europe too?
can i buy this game not having a wii u yet?

As you said you never played any real MP game, its a good thing to tell you that the GC control scheme is NOT dual stick/fps-like

It was:

Control stick - move
R + Control stick - aim

The C-stick was used only to change weapons

Just to clarify, I did play the MP1 demo that came with Nintendo Power or something, so I do remember the controller scheme.

Toxi

Banned
Right, so let us play 1 and 2 as God intended, and 3 wiimote only. That would be perfectly acceptable.

Also reminds me of how the Wii version of Twilight Princess was waggle only, forcing you to buy the GameCube version just because.
Again, the Wii mote control scheme is damn good and is purely based on the pointer, no motion controls. I actually love the original GameCube controls for Prime and Prime 2, but a lot of people felt they were clunky because of how they restricted your aiming; the Wii-more controls are incredibly smooth in comparison.

Flintty

I've never played a modern Metroid game. I'm on the fence here. Is the hype real? I worry that there's a lot of nostalgia talking...

FyreWulff

Do they give you a code when you buy to apply to the eshop or does it start downloading to your wii u automatically?

I'm not sure exactly how the option works (this is my first time) but I believe if you are signed out you get a code. If you're signed into the nintendo network it gives you an option to send it directly to your wii u and your wii u will start downloading it.

Verger

Banned
Finally am able to come online and just in time. Sucks it takes so long.

Gotta skim through what I've missed and see if there's anything I should add to the OP

danielcw

Like, would it really take an intern more than 30 minutes to enable the games to support a GC controller via the adapter?

If your question is serious, then the only answer is we don't know.
The code might already exist, it may also have never existed in the first place.

Testing it would defintely take longer than 30 minutes, though.

Ahnez

Anyone who has already downloaded the game

Does it still have the Credit system?

If yes, is it possible to trade Friend Vouchers using your NNID? It was a pain to get green credits thanks to those stupid friend codes :p

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Hate how Nintendo won't let you buy stuff if you don't have the space for it. I might have to pass on this just because of that. Just realized the only way I could clear enough space is deleting SSB4 and the mk8 DLC.

Hah! I just bought this at the "cheap" price at a local GameStop a month ago. I ain't even mad. Still a freakin' great deal for three awesome games.

Matchew

I've never played a modern Metroid game. I'm on the fence here. Is the hype real? I worry that there's a lot of nostalgia talking...

I haven't played 1 and 2 with the wiimote, but these games are classics and deserve every praise they get.

Toxi

Banned
Metroid Prime is generally considered one of the best games ever made and with good reason. It's with Super Metroid at the top of most rankings of the series. The hype is absolutely real.

It's also my personal favorite game, and I still replay it every year.

Again, the Wii mote control scheme is damn good and is purely based on the pointer, no motion controls. I actually love the original GameCube controls for Prime and Prime 2, but a lot of people felt they were clunky because of how they restricted your aiming; the Wii-more controls are incredibly smooth in comparison.

Again, I don't own a TV, so I'm not confident that pointing at a 6.2 inch screen will result in the best playing experience.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor |OT| YES, IT SUPPORTS THE GAMEPAD, STOP ASKING

Okay, here's the crazy thing about this:

YOU STILL NEED THE WII REMOTE. You have to point the Wii Remote at the screen or GamePad to even start Wii mode. After that, you can use the GamePad.

But imagine all the freaking piss hate you're going to see in that thread when people realize that they have to start the game with the Wii Remote before they can use the GamePad!

OmegaFax

Downloading ... this is going to take a while. Barely had enough space on my external thumb drive for this one. Ended up deleting my Pikmin 3 and Tropical Freeze update data and I had just enough space.

What other games are on sale?

cRCItBU.jpg

Kyzon

No. It's identical.

It might have some loading advantages, but I never got into the USB loader scene on the Wii, so I couldn't tell you what improvements there would be, if any.

All of the games have a lock-on mechanic, since you need it to enable side-stepping. You do have the option of disabling free-aim while locked on, which might be the best way to play the first two games for some.

Ah thanks. I almost bought it thinking it would up the resolution or something. I have the physical one.

Thanks

Hell yes.
Purchased.

In for a good time I expect.
Never completed Prime 1 (got stuck on Omega Pirate) and haven't even touched the sequels.

Top Bottom