• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

Grief.exe

Just beat Metroid Prime. :)
His second form was easier than I remember. First form gave me for trouble, tbh.

Kinda sad I can't start MP2 today. I mean, I could, but Majora's Mask comes out in a week and I'd really like to be fully invested in the game I'm playing. And I've heard horror stories about coming back to MP2 after even a few days of not playing...like yo you have no idea where you are or what you are doing lol. Definitely don't want that.

I'll probably go back to the trilogy after I finish MM.

I better get it done before Majora's Mask. Will probably have a few days extra to wait for shipping on my MM n3DSXL and MM CE.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm twenty minutes into Echoes and damn, I can't even describe how exciting it is to play a Prime game I've never played before. Replaying Prime 1 was a blast, but I'm already so much more enthralled in this new adventure. :)

Prototype

The chyyrka adult fly boss...

Man, that was so stupid. Like really stupid. It wouldn't lock on to the wings, and the fight took forever. Can't believe this boss, the game mechanics failed really bad here for me, and I didn't have a problem in prime 1 or 3.

I'm twenty minutes into Echoes and damn, I can't even describe how exciting it is to play a Prime game I've never played before. Replaying Prime 1 was a blast, but I'm already so much more enthralled in this new adventure. :)

ibpw9qJpe7Slr0.gif

Man, that was so stupid. Like really stupid. It wouldn't lock on to the wings, and the fight took forever. Can't believe this boss, the game mechanics failed really bad here for me, and I didn't have a problem in prime 1 or 3.

You're supposed to
use the seekers :l

The one thing that always blew my mind about Prime 2 was how much better it looked than Prime 1.

Played a lot more of Prime one. I have to say switching the A/B button and setting the controls to advanced I like these controls a lot more. I kinda wish they didn't add that "recording to log book" sound clip anytime I scan something.

Played a lot more of Prime one. I have to say switching the A/B button and setting the controls to advanced I like these controls a lot more. I kinda wish they didn't add that "recording to log book" sound clip anytime I scan something.

It only plays that clip when you scan something that gets added to your logbook. I find it pretty useful.

Toxi

Banned

The lock-on points are on the back of Chykka's wings, not the front. Stun her by shooting her a bit, then grapple behind her and seeker missile the wings.

My 2 wii nunchucks disappeared. Bought the code for future use (dont have hard drive space either)

Question: I'm using my family's wii U but will be purchasing my own when I move out. When I transfer my stuff and call Nintendo to transfer my account, will I just be able to redownload everything I had downloaded on the previous Wii U? Like this game and my VC games?

Dreavus

I remembered!

Also holy shit this game is pretty huge. I don't have many games digitally but I'm going to have to look into an external for the next game I get.

The one thing that always blew my mind about Prime 2 was how much better it looked than Prime 1.

funny because I thought Prime 1 looked better.
maybe not graphically but artistically. Echos gave me some sort of hurrr-hurrr space marines doom feeling while Prime 1 was just pleasing overall.
Corruption was a mixed bag. pretty meh at the beginning but absolutly mindblowing later on

tsab

My 2 wii nunchucks disappeared. Bought the code for future use (dont have hard drive space either)

Question: I'm using my family's wii U but will be purchasing my own when I move out. When I transfer my stuff and call Nintendo to transfer my account, will I just be able to redownload everything I had downloaded on the previous Wii U? Like this game and my VC games?

You can transfer them yourself. There is a wiiu to wiiu transfer utility in settings. Both wiiu will have to be available and in the same room (I am guessing)

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Doing a 100% run of Prime, just about to finish and realised I missed Ice Shriekbats :(((. Looks like I'll do it all again but on a harder difficultly.

Ocaso

I just gotta get something off my chest... Slight MP2 spoilers:
The dark pirates that phase in and out of existence are just the worst idea ever in the history of game design. Unless I'm missing something, it's impossible to skip these guys, as they lock the doors until they decide to leave, and it's like, impossible to kill them since they're always dodging your attacks. I just want to punch something whenever they show up.

However, I love the floating orange sentry drone things in the sanctuary. The way they shut down your suit's operating system is really cool and immersive.

Yes, they are annoying on first encounter, but they have a weakness that makes them extreme pushovers.
All you have to do is hit them with a charged dark beam shot which will "freeze" them and allow you to kill them instantly with either a missile or a charged light beam (I forget which).
. Once you figure this out they are simple to take out, but it's something the game doesn't really spell out for you. It's worth noting that the light beam isn't always the best weapon for dark enemies not the dark for light so experimentation is often rewarded.

LGom09

I think this was my sixth playthrough of MP1 and I just saw something for the first time. I got frozen while in morphball mode. Nothing too exciting, it just tells you to bomb out of it. Pretty cool to still be learning stuff about this game though.

LAA

Beat MP2 yesterday for the first time so I have actually beat all the primes at least once now.

Gonna replay MP3 again now but just from the beginning I have to say MP3 is such a big step up from the previous two. It has nice to just have more voice acting in the game. They really upped their game for it.
I think I have to say MP3 > MP1 > MP2
MP2 while still a great game, I don't think it's as great as the other MP's. I personally didn't like how light and dark weapons needed ammo and the beam cannon was never upgraded :(. That and it didn't feel like it helped to guide you what to do and where to go quite as much as the others did. Great games though all of them

Prototype

Beat MP2 yesterday for the first time so I have actually beat all the primes at least once now.

Gonna replay MP3 again now but just from the beginning I have to say MP3 is such a big step up from the previous two. It has nice to just have more voice acting in the game. They really upped their game for it.
MP2 while still a great game, I don't think it's as great as the other MP's. I personally didn't like how light and dark weapons needed ammo and the beam cannon was never upgraded :(. That and it didn't feel like it helped to guide you what to do and where to go quite as much as the others did. Great games though all of them
Beaten 1,playing 2 right now and had already played 3 and I like 3 the most as well.

Because of the ship, and Samus' hand motions. Placing her hand on scanners, reaching out and touching things. I feel most like I am Samus on 3 because of little things like this. Can't wait to finish 2 and play 3 again.

Edit.
I also liked the other hunters, seeing more of the universe. MP 3 did this right in a way that Other M didn't.

You can have a solo adventure that makes you feel alone on a planet, and get that sense of isolation, while still having moments of interaction with other interesting characters in that universe.

Doing a 100% run of Prime, just about to finish and realised I missed Ice Shriekbats :(((. Looks like I'll do it all again but on a harder difficultly.

On my first try I missed the Aqua Drone:

Aqua Drone: After you obtain the Gravity Suit and you begin exploring the Space Pirates Frigate underwater, keep an eye out for Aqua Security Drones. They appear just like ordinary security drones, but only on your first run through the Space Pirate Frigate.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/447244-metroid-prime/faqs/20325

This FAQ is highly recommended for those trying to 100% Prime. The Red Entry guide is essential to avoid frustration.

Travo

I forgot how complex the labyrinths are in MP2. It's has the best map in the series. I would love to have a portable version of these games. Wishful thinking, I know, but I've spent a lot of time waiting lately. I'm waiting at a hospital right now and will be here another four hours here.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
On my first try I missed the Aqua Drone:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/447244-metroid-prime/faqs/20325

This FAQ is highly recommended for those trying to 100% Prime. The Red Entry guide is essential to avoid frustration.

I'm gonna go through each game on every difficulty, so I'll catch it next time. Sucks about enemies that just go missing though. Seems like this wasn't a problem in the European version, which means they're using the same NA version for everyone of the eShop.

I used GameFAQs this time round, there was a couple of missile expansions I completely forgot about!

Edit; I found this walkthrough much easier to use. http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/447244-metroid-prime/faqs/36706

Impala26

Enjoy it, in my opinion it's every bit as captivating as Prime 1. Also it has some of the more challenging puzzles and enemy engagements in the series.

:)

K' Dash

Beaten 1,playing 2 right now and had already played 3 and I like 3 the most as well.

Because of the ship, and Samus' hand motions. Placing her hand on scanners, reaching out and touching things. I feel most like I am Samus on 3 because of little things like this. Can't wait to finish 2 and play 3 again.

Edit.
I also liked the other hunters, seeing more of the universe. MP 3 did this right in a way that Other M didn't.

You can have a solo adventure that makes you feel alone on a planet, and get that sense of isolation, while still having moments of interaction with other interesting characters in that universe.

it is like Prime and Echoes were developed for a completely different console! :p

MP2 is my favorite of the three, it is challenging from the star and you have to be on your toes while exploring Dark Aether, ammo was never an issue for me and the bosses are challenging and fair, in fact, I think Echoes has the best boss battles.

I think of it like the Dark Souls of the Prime trilogy, Prime will be regarded always as the best because it was the original concept that took all the risks, but to me, Echoes was a big step up.

I'm assuming this has been covered, but does the digital version look worse than playing it off the disc? I replayed Prime over the summer via my Trilogy collection disc and I don't remember it looking this pixelated.

Covered all the settings in the OP.

TheMoon

I'm assuming this has been covered, but does the digital version look worse than playing it off the disc? I replayed Prime over the summer via my Trilogy collection disc and I don't remember it looking this pixelated.

Covered all the settings in the OP.

Why would it look different? The medium you're playing it from has no effect in the image. I was actually surprised how clean it looks.

Has anybody dove into this almost blind? I'd love to see what someone thought about the trilogy who has never played it before. I've never played it before and I'm just shifting through my backlog before I attempt the trilogy but would be cool to see how someone else felt about it first time through. Only Metroid game I have played is Fusion on the Advance SP lol. (Missed out on Nintendo as a kid so catching up now)

LAA

Edit.

Yup feel similar. While they are perhaps just little gimmicks, I like them a lot, ha ha.
Other hunters definitely cool too yeah. Reminds me of Metroid Prime Hunters
Which teased a hunter having some motive which I don't think has been touched upon since
I personally really liked Other M too though. Perhaps it was different, but I still really liked it, but I think MPs had the best atmosphere to them.

it is like Prime and Echoes were developed for a completely different console! :p

MP2 is my favorite of the three, it is challenging from the star and you have to be on your toes while exploring Dark Aether, ammo was never an issue for me and the bosses are challenging and fair, in fact, I think Echoes has the best boss battles.

I think of it like the Dark Souls of the Prime trilogy, Prime will be regarded always as the best because it was the original concept that took all the risks, but to me, Echoes was a big step up.

1. Echoes came out seven years before Dark Souls
2. Dark Souls heavily borrowed from the original Metroid, made in 1986
3. Majora's mask is a better comparason
4. :p

TheMoon

Isn't the game only 20$ after the sale ends? That's still a pretty amazing deal even if it's not $10.

Plus he's from the US and there are links all over the OP and throughout this thread and the last few pages to the website to buy it. Why is everyone so extra lazy today? lol

ecosse_011172

The voice acting was by far the worst part of MP3 for me, after the 1st hour it's great though. Skytown was fantastic.

K' Dash

1. Echoes came out seven years before Dark Souls
2. Dark Souls heavily borrowed from the original Metroid, made in 1986
3. Majora's mask is a better comparason
4. :p

When I mentioned the dark souls comment I was refering to the difficulty, majora's mask is not a good comparison and Dark Souls borrowing from Metroid? I don't see it.

Top Bottom