• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Somewhere out there there is a truck driving pissing himself with laughter, just driving around the M25 with his finger in the air. Respect to that man.

Hasney

Ugh, I want to go out but since this might Hermes and Game haven't given tracking details, don't know if I want to risk it. Another 5 hours of pain.

If it's Hermes it'll be Derek in his Vauxhall Opel with all the parcel squished into the backseats. He'll leave it on top of your house.

Vanguard

I remember when myhermes lost my parcel and it took 2 months for it to be delivered. Upon delivery I asked the driver why it took so long, he replied with "Was probably under a table or something", got into his car, and drove off.

Charles is going to breakdown

slmfTrN.png

Storm360

Guys. It's quite clear what must be done.

We must band together, make our own outer heaven, only then, will Konami ship the packages directly to us so we can bypass GAME completely.

Menthuss

Well, my CE just arrived early. I have to say though, I'm kind of disappointed with the overal quality:

The box is just made out of cardboard. I feel like Konami just tried to trick us by making it look like leather.
Build quality of the arm doesn't seem very high as it feels really cheap and plastic-y.

Oh well, time to play the game. Looking forward to it :D

Same here, but now I have to worry about bad weather from Tropical Storm Erika delaying my delivery.

edit: in case anyone was wondering, I'm a dirty 31 Julyer for an XONE version

as of this morning Erika is well west of Florida, that can change of course but I do not expect it to land in Florida, just more... sigh... rain for us.. I am getting soggy..glad I use battery back ups for my consoles

Damn, I thought it was leather too. I guess I'll have to think twice about putting centre of my dining table.

When does Amazon ship ahead of time? Ive never ordered a game before it was released on Amazon.

I've nearly always had the games on release day from Amazon, sometimes they arrived at 9:30am other times (if they've used special delivery) not until 4pm.

Well, my CE just arrived early. I have to say though, I'm kind of disappointed with the overal quality:

The box is just made out of cardboard. I feel like Konami just tried to trick us by making it look like leather.
Build quality of the arm doesn't seem very high as it feels really cheap and plastic-y.

Ps4 ?
Europe ?

Are dlc codes included ?

Menthuss

Ps4 ?
Europe ?

Are dlc codes included ?

Yes and yes. No, the DLC codes are missing. Kind of pissed about that actually:/

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm blind. There are two DLC vouchers in the game case: one labeled "Day one additional content" and one labeled "Metal Gear Online additional content".

Ran rp

Did you guys really expect a leather box? it's a $40 upgrade from the standard edition and includes the arm, blu-ray, steelbook, map, etc. Why would Konami go all-out for $40?

Edit: It doesn't even look real in the promotional image. ^

andshrew

Why are you guys losing your shit at GAME and DPD on Twitter? These emails are clearly just a failure of DPD's automated notification system, probably as a result of the way that they log the shipments into their system early for delivery next Tuesday.

If it doesn't turn up Tuesday fair enough, if you were expecting the CE early I'd stop waiting for the postman and go enjoy your bank holiday cause it ain't happening unless you get very lucky with a DPD warehouse that ignores the instruction to deliver Tuesday...

but that's the case 9 out of 10 times

Hey, don't you tell me how to spend my bank holiday! I don't think anyone was really losing their shit, there's been some good humour about it on twitter (at least from what I've seen).

Hasney

Why are you guys losing your shit at GAME and DPD on Twitter? These emails are clearly just a failure of DPD's automated notification system, probably as a result of the way that they log the shipments into their system early for delivery next Tuesday.

If it doesn't turn up Tuesday fair enough, if you were expecting the CE early I'd stop waiting for the postman and go enjoy your bank holiday cause it ain't happening unless you get very lucky with a DPD warehouse that ignores the instruction to deliver Tuesday...

Because Game constantly fuck up and it's best to know in advance they're going to fuck up so you don't waste a whole Tuesday as well?

andshrew

Because Game constantly fuck up and it's best to know in advance they're going to fuck up so you don't waste a whole Tuesday as well?

DPD text and email you on the morning of delivery to give you the 1 hour time slot so you shouldn't end up wasting a day if something has been cocked up.

I don't know about you but I already had one from DPD yesterday confirming it was on for a Tuesday delivery, in addition to the one this morning. I'm certain this is just an automated system failure that's resulted in these confusing messages going out.

myco666

Yes and yes. No, the DLC codes are missing. Kind of pissed about that actually:/

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm blind. There are two DLC vouchers in the game case: one labeled "Day one additional content" and one labeled "Metal Gear Online additional content".

Great to hear that EU got their DLC codes with the box. Shame though that the CE isn't good quality but I guess 40€ increase doesn't get you that much. Still assuming I will be happy enough to consider it being worth it.

Hasney

DPD text and email you on the morning of delivery to give you the 1 hour time slot so you shouldn't end up wasting a day if something has been cocked up.

I don't know about you but I already had one from DPD yesterday confirming it was on for a Tuesday delivery, in addition to the one this morning. I'm certain this is just an automated system failure that's resulted in these confusing messages going out.

Mines been cocked up in a different way which means that it wasn't even sent by DPD. Mines "2nd class" which apparently might mean Hermes, but they don't give out tracking details for them so fuck knows!

andshrew

Mines been cocked up in a different way which means that it wasn't even sent by DPD. Mines "2nd class" which apparently might mean Hermes, but they don't give out tracking details for them so fuck knows!

Looking on the bright side you might get it early then given Hermes do whatever the fuck they like. 😄 But that does suck though I hope it turns up for release.

Hasney

Looking on the bright side you might get it early then given Hermes do whatever the fuck they like. 😄 But that does suck though I hope it turns up for release.

Yeah, that's why I'm in now instead of going to do something. Keeping up that thin idea of hope that it turns up before 5 today.

Top Bottom